Options

Photo Assignment for the Week: 4/23 - 4/30 *REVISED*

1235»

Comments

• Options
    SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2004
    Great work Lynn, the lighting is perfect.
    lynnma wrote:
    Another hat...another model... new lighting as per tutorial from Andy (it's inside tho, no sun.) I'm going to buy a seperate flash unit soon... and I got Dan Margulis's Professional Photoshop color correction so things should look up soon right???? I've cropped this for modesty and the color has dimmed somewhat with optimizing for the web..
  • Options
    AltProAltPro Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Yes, I agree. For some reason I had to reduce the file size, and any sharpness that I added, was lost. I think you'll enjoy CS. If I might recommend a book, it's "The Photoshop CS Book for Digital Photographers" by Scott Kelby. Filled with great how-to's in an illustrated, easy to follow step-by-step layout. Kelby's done quite a few of these, and he's good at it.

As ever, yrs sincrly,
    Sid.
    :D

Sid,
    I've been using photoshop since version 4, and have always enjoyed the challenges of a new version, even with its quirks. Thanks for the book suggestion. I am actually considering just going and taking another PS course at the university or college. My old prof. might even let me just sit in on the class. I just want to get up to speed on some of the new features, and freshen up on some of the old. Guess I should check out the new books too... Just bought PSCS and a new little building to open a small shop(close May28)... So, I'm running thin on funds.
    But Thanks...I almost always find I learn from comments, so fire away.

I remain,
    ginette
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
  • Options
    edited April 29, 2004
    Getting it, Lynn!
    lynnma wrote:
    Another hat...another model... new lighting as per tutorial from Andy (it's inside tho, no sun.) I'm going to buy a seperate flash unit soon... and I got Dan Margulis's Professional Photoshop color correction so things should look up soon right???? I've cropped this for modesty and the color has dimmed somewhat with optimizing for the web..

Lynn...
    Now this one I really like! The lighting is appealing, and her expression is humorous! I think you're on a roll... or ought that be a scone, with your tea?

I remain,
    ginette
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2004
    AltPro wrote:
    Lynn...
    Now this one I really like! The lighting is appealing, and her expression is humorous! I think you're on a roll... or ought that be a scone, with your tea?
    I remain,
    ginette
    rolleyes1.gif Her local nick name is Iced Tea Linda so for the calendar Iced Tea and lemons did the covering up of significant parts... The lighting is about 800 watts of made up lamps shone through a hoola hoop with sheer white fabric stretched over it and then two more flood lamps bouncing light from a white board onto her face... I had planned to use my flash fill for the first time but in the excitement of the moment I forgot....I might add that some of these photos are now leaking out and I think I'm going to get a fair amount of flack from some puritons.. had to change a few things already but on some I'm standing my ground..

I'ts SUCH A GAS...
    lYNN
  • Options
    edited April 29, 2004
    Keep at it... You're doing great!
    lynnma wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif Her local nick name is Iced Tea Linda so for the calendar Iced Tea and lemons did the covering up of significant parts... The lighting is about 800 watts of made up lamps shone through a hoola hoop with sheer white fabric stretched over it and then two more flood lamps bouncing light from a white board onto her face... I had planned to use my flash fill for the first time but in the excitement of the moment I forgot....I might add that some of these photos are now leaking out and I think I'm going to get a fair amount of flack from some puritons.. had to change a few things already but on some I'm standing my ground..

I'ts SUCH A GAS...
    lYNN
    Well Lynn,
    I do think that you are headed in the right direction.
    That being the case, don't be surprised if you do run up upon
    those who would pull you down.
    Just Nod,
    Tune them out.
    And... Keep on marching to your own drummer.
    When on the ladder of success, don't let boys look up your dress! --Unknown

as always,
    ginette
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2004
    Little league opening day parade, Newton MA
    Lots of hats in evidence at the NSLL opening day festivities.

3828121-M.jpg

3828117-M.jpg

3823857-M.jpg
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Last week I compared you to Maplethorpe, but I think you have gotten beyond that. Maybe Avedon in his Nastassja Kinski & the Snake period.

far.jpg
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited April 29, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Lynn - you devil -- Your lighting is Great!! And so is your model's expression!! One improvement I might suggest is to let us see her left eye as well......

Very good work - I can see why the puritans are so distressedLaughing.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    A real improvement!thumb.gif Keep up the good work....
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2004
    lynnma wrote:

Lynn, lovely soft light, interesting and amusing pose and costume, what is not shown is intriguing, nice smile, good composition and excellent color - very nice photo! The best yet from your trials. Nice job! thumb.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Lynn, lovely soft light, interesting and amusing pose and costume, what is not shown is intriguing, nice smile, good composition and excellent color - very nice photo! The best yet from your trials. Nice job! thumb.gif
    Shakey using his best Doctor demeanor "I concur":D
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2004
    Shakey wrote:
    Shakey using his best Doctor demeanor "I concur":D
    Thanks guys and gals.. I"m off to buy a flash tomorrow (I think) more models to do, maybe be the time I get number 12 done I'll have learned something? who knows... I appreciate your comments, find them very valuable..:D
    Lynn
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Thanks guys and gals.. I"m off to buy a flash tomorrow (I think) more models to do, maybe be the time I get number 12 done I'll have learned something? who knows... I appreciate your comments, find them very valuable..:D
    Lynn
    this was the other one, but I thought the first one had more ompfff..