SmugMug Bug Reporting Thread

1235»

Comments

  • RoadkillRoadkill Major grins Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    Just started today..

    Tool bar at the top (with control panel) not there.

    When I click on a gallery there are no images.

    I still have cusotimze option under galleries.

    Sent email to help.
  • AndyAndy Bicameral New YorkRegistered Users Posts: 50,154 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    Roadkill wrote:
    Just started today..

    Tool bar at the top (with control panel) not there.

    When I click on a gallery there are no images.

    I still have cusotimze option under galleries.

    Sent email to help.
    ok we'll help you directly from the desk then.
  • AndyAndy Bicameral New YorkRegistered Users Posts: 50,154 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    jfriend wrote:
    This Smugmug user is reporting a problem with their slideshow: http://www.markchapmanphotography.com/.

    When I look at the network trace, I see that the slideshow is requesting some bogus image URLs, getting 404 errors on them and then the slideshow sometimes stops working properly.

    Here's an example of a network request from that slideshow that generates an error (because it's a mal-formed image URL):

    GET /photos/486380349_Tq600x600Z-Ti-0.jpg HTTP/1.1

    Note the "Z" after the 600x600 which is not supposed to be there. Also, I have no idea why the slideshow is even trying to fetch thumbnails since they are not being displayed in this slideshow. The user reports that the gallery slideshow has the same problem.

    Here's the thread of their original report:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=1061375#post1061375

    This problem seems 100% reproducible to me.

    Fixed? ear.gif
  • AndyAndy Bicameral New YorkRegistered Users Posts: 50,154 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    jfriend wrote:
    The flash slideshow (as used in many people's homepages) is downloading thumbs for all displayed images even when thumbs are turned off. This seems like a waste of networking bandwidth (both ours at home and Smugmug's) and a waste of time in getting images cached.

    One can easily see this happening by just going to http://www.moonriverphotography.com/ and using any sort of TCP watching tool (I'm using Fiddler) to watch the browser networking traffic. You will see it getting thumbs for every image in the slideshow, yet this slideshow does not display thumbs. This seems like a waste of time and network resources.

    Fixed. Thanks for this report, John!
  • HamSmugglerHamSmuggler Major grins Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2009
    Latest version of firefox

    Was editing photos in lightroom

    Ye Olde photo uploader uploading a 640x480 video

    Also had lightroom uploading a single TIFF image

    Firefox not responding, then the screenshot below pops up. After I clcik "X" firefox continues to not respond (about 15 minutes now). I'm posting this from IE.

    490878967_poAnN-O.png

    490881556_BLK67-O.png
  • jfriendjfriend Scripting dude-volunteer Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2009
    Latest version of firefox

    Was editing photos in lightroom

    Ye Olde photo uploader uploading a 640x480 video

    Also had lightroom uploading a single TIFF image

    Firefox not responding, then the screenshot below pops up. After I clcik "X" firefox continues to not respond (about 15 minutes now). I'm posting this from IE.



    490881556_BLK67-O.png
    It sounds to me quite likely that you had saturated your bandwidth with the two uploads going such that the browser got slow enough that it triggered this warning. I'd try again when you aren't doing something else to see if it's a general problem or just a problem when your line is loaded.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • HamSmugglerHamSmuggler Major grins Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2009
    jfriend wrote:
    It sounds to me quite likely that you had saturated your bandwidth with the two uploads going such that the browser got slow enough that it triggered this warning. I'd try again when you aren't doing something else to see if it's a general problem or just a problem when your line is loaded.

    Yeah that's probably it. Thanks - I'll check back in if it persists when things quiet down.
  • AndrewTAndrewT Big grins Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    Safari 4.0 - Smugmug stability issue
    Any one else experiencing error messages while browsing Smugmug with Safari 4.0 on a PC?

    Here is the message I get:
    Bad Request
    Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
    Reference #7.2e790660.1237055340.0

    I regularly get this error when clicking "Back" or refreshing the page. The fix at the moment is to refresh the page again and the problem resolves itself. It's really an annoyance because this error continuously come up.


    Another issue I find with Safari 4.0 is that gallery images sometimes do not load. the site design will load except for the thumbnails and feature image.
    Nikon D300 | MB-D10 | Nikkor AF-S 105 VR | Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 | SB-600 | Gitzo G1227 MK2 | Arca Swiss Z1 | Nikon P6000
  • AllenAllen "tweak 'til it squeaks" St. Louis, MoRegistered Users Posts: 9,940 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    Full Screen Slideshow
    The FSSS running in a keyword gallery is not running all the photos. This
    gallery of 279 photos only runs 76 with last 10 NOT being of this keyword.
    That's 66 + 10.

    Noticed in another keyword gallery of 553 photos only the first 66 will run there.

    Looks like 66 is the limit. (Sometimes a bonus of some other keywords rolleyes1.gif )
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • AndyAndy Bicameral New YorkRegistered Users Posts: 50,154 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    Allen wrote:
    The FSSS running in a keyword gallery is not running all the photos. This
    gallery of 279 photos only runs 76 with last 10 NOT being of this keyword.
    That's 66 + 10.

    Noticed in another keyword gallery of 553 photos only the first 66 will run there.

    Looks like 66 is the limit. (Sometimes a bonus of some other keywords rolleyes1.gif )
    validated, confirmed, and bugged. Shizam'll fix it.
  • AndyAndy Bicameral New YorkRegistered Users Posts: 50,154 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2009
    Allen wrote:
    The FSSS running in a keyword gallery is not running all the photos. This
    gallery of 279 photos only runs 76 with last 10 NOT being of this keyword.
    That's 66 + 10.

    Noticed in another keyword gallery of 553 photos only the first 66 will run there.

    Looks like 66 is the limit. (Sometimes a bonus of some other keywords rolleyes1.gif )
    Fixed?
  • AllenAllen "tweak 'til it squeaks" St. Louis, MoRegistered Users Posts: 9,940 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Fixed?
    Yelp thumb.gif Thanks
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • MichaelBrownMichaelBrown "Macro Art In Nature" Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    10 out of 12 galleries are not showing up within my gallery page.
    Has been going on since last night.
    I have cleared cache, cleared cookies, signed out and back in, tried different browsers, ... can someone take a look at this please?

    Page:
    http://macroartinnature.com/galleries


    Thanks,
    Michael Brown

  • AndyAndy Bicameral New YorkRegistered Users Posts: 50,154 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    10 out of 12 galleries are not showing up within my gallery page.
    Has been going on since last night.
    I have cleared cache, cleared cookies, signed out and back in, tried different browsers, ... can someone take a look at this please?

    Page:
    http://macroartinnature.com/galleries


    Thanks,
    Michael Brown
    FIxed. http://www.macroartinnature.com/galleries

    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=1070844#post1070844
  • MichaelBrownMichaelBrown "Macro Art In Nature" Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    Thanks again Andy!

    I believe the reason that the SM NavBars are not showing, (only the "Share & Slideshow" bars showing), is that probably it is not letting me log in.
    No "Add Photo", "Tools", bars etc. are showing up.

    Thanks again,
    Michael

  • AndyAndy Bicameral New YorkRegistered Users Posts: 50,154 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    Thanks again Andy!

    I believe the reason that the SM NavBars are not showing, (only the "Share & Slideshow" bars showing), is that probably it is not letting me log in.
    No "Add Photo", "Tools", bars etc. are showing up.

    Thanks again,
    Michael
    Please login from www.smugmug.com and try. Let us know?
  • nwgeogirlnwgeogirl Big grins Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    Stats are gone, baby....GONE!
    Last night I noticed they appeared 'frozen' - when I know some were being viewed and should have registered new views. Figured something was temporarily going askew, and thought I'd wait until this morning to see if it changed.

    Well, this morning I got up and wondered if it was a new month or something because all the views register as ZERO - absolutely no views appear on my stats page now.

    Either we have a glitch in the fabric of Smug, or we've entered the twilight zone.....

    help?

    - Janna
  • agalliaagallia Acadiana Grinner Lafayette, LouisianaRegistered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    Ditto - Stats gone
    nwgeogirl wrote:
    Last night I noticed they appeared 'frozen' - when I know some were being viewed and should have registered new views. Figured something was temporarily going askew, and thought I'd wait until this morning to see if it changed.

    Well, this morning I got up and wondered if it was a new month or something because all the views register as ZERO - absolutely no views appear on my stats page now.

    Either we have a glitch in the fabric of Smug, or we've entered the twilight zone.....

    help?

    - Janna
    Ditto on Stats Gone. All "0".
    This month > Photos viewed: 0 | Bandwidth used: 0 B |
    Clicking on More Details shows blank galleries.
    Acadiana Al
    Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
    Blog: Journey to the Light
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • docwalkerdocwalker Kilted SmugMug Hero VirginiaRegistered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 23, 2009
    Stats are currently down right now. We are working to get them back up as soon as possible. Sorry for the trouble.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • erstedersted Big grins Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    docwalker wrote:
    Stats are currently down right now. We are working to get them back up as soon as possible. Sorry for the trouble.

    Thanks for your efforts here. On my site, troubles started in the early evening yesterday. As of now, all stats show '0'.

    Will you post here to let us know it's corrected?

    Richard
    Richard C. Ersted
    ersted.smugmug.com
  • docwalkerdocwalker Kilted SmugMug Hero VirginiaRegistered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 23, 2009
    Its my understanding that we are using this thread for status updates/information on the Stats: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=1070423#post1070423

    You might want to subscribe to that one.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • darryldarryl Major grins Registered Users Posts: 1,001 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2009
    BUG: After Adjusting Thumbnails to Original, thumbs for Videos still Square
    So ok, if you use Adjust Thumbnails, you supposedly can change all the thumbs back to original orientation.

    This works for photos. But not for videos.

    :-{

    (Also, Thumbnail Orientation still does not get changed when you use Quick Settings to change settings for an individual album or for multiple albums. :-P)
  • HoonyorHoonyor Beginner grinner Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 26, 2009
    Right clickable thumbnails on protected filmstrip gallery?
    Couldn't find if this was already reported, but if you right-click the thumbnails in filmstrip mode on a protected gallery, you can still view the image (which of course gives you the image number and key). The larger image is protected, other modes right-click protect the thumbnail as well.

    I'm guessing this wasn't intentional...

    Gallery example:
    http://hoon.smugmug.com/gallery/7718210_syPCc
  • AndyAndy Bicameral New YorkRegistered Users Posts: 50,154 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2009
    Hoonyor wrote:
    Couldn't find if this was already reported, but if you right-click the thumbnails in filmstrip mode on a protected gallery, you can still view the image (which of course gives you the image number and key). The larger image is protected, other modes right-click protect the thumbnail as well.

    I'm guessing this wasn't intentional...

    Gallery example:
    http://hoon.smugmug.com/gallery/7718210_syPCc
    Hello, I'm very sorry we don' t right click protect the thumbnails.

    I wish I had a different answer for you.
  • jfriendjfriend Scripting dude-volunteer Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2009
    Hoonyor wrote:
    Couldn't find if this was already reported, but if you right-click the thumbnails in filmstrip mode on a protected gallery, you can still view the image (which of course gives you the image number and key). The larger image is protected, other modes right-click protect the thumbnail as well.

    I'm guessing this wasn't intentional...

    Gallery example:
    http://hoon.smugmug.com/gallery/7718210_syPCc
    The image number and key is available in lots of ways and there is no way to both display the image and keep that information secret. For example, it's right in the URL (after the # sign) in smugmug view. What you are discovering is that right-click protection is only a minor deterrent for those who are not very familiar with browsers or web technology and that is all it can be. If you want more robust protection against people taking your images, then gallery or site passwords or tastefully done watermarks are better solutions.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • HoonyorHoonyor Beginner grinner Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 26, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Hello, I'm very sorry we don' t right click protect the thumbnails.

    I wish I had a different answer for you.

    But the odd thing is that thumbnails are protected in All Thumbs, Smugmug and Traditional modes. Is filmstrip unique in this?

    Just wondering if I should switch my galleries to another mode if I want all pix to be "protected". Thanks!
  • HoonyorHoonyor Beginner grinner Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 26, 2009
    jfriend wrote:
    The image number and key is available in lots of ways and there is no way to both display the image and keep that information secret. For example, it's right in the URL (after the # sign) in smugmug view. What you are discovering is that right-click protection is only a minor deterrent for those who are not very familiar with browsers or web technology and that is all it can be. If you want more robust protection against people taking your images, then gallery or site passwords or tastefully done watermarks are better solutions.

    Thanks, agreed, am working on a nice watermark for all my pics... I was more curious as to why it didn't behave the same in filmstrip mode as the other modes that also offered thumbnails.
This discussion has been closed.