Options

Can youz test a new uploader?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2009
    What is the status of this? When will the new uploader become the default? Or has it? Thanks.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2009
    MrBen wrote:
    The overall progress counter seems to work the wrong way. If I add say 12 items to upload it will say "Overall progress: 12/12". That's not correct, nothing has been uploaded. It hasn't even begun! So it should say 0/12. As items are successfully uploaded it counts backwards so when the last item is being uploaded it will display 1/12. The counter either needs to be fixed or the label changed to something like "Items remaining".

I've uploaded a couple of batches over the past few days, and this really bugs me too. I just read through this complete thread and see three or four mentions of the progress counter counting backwards, but I don't see any response from SmugMug about it.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • Options
    ShizamShizam Registered Users Posts: 418 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2009
    BeachBill wrote:
    I've uploaded a couple of batches over the past few days, and this really bugs me too. I just read through this complete thread and see three or four mentions of the progress counter counting backwards, but I don't see any response from SmugMug about it.

I read it the other way, as in 'here are the uploads left to do out of 12' not 'here is what is done out of 12', a quick poll around the office also indicates I wasn't all there when I thought that idea up so I'll change it.

Sam
    Ever hear of Optimus Zoom? Me either.
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2009
    Any way to change the upload time to hours when it goes above 60 minutes too? It gets kinda hard to read 1100 minutes right off the cuff.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2009
    Does this uploader work on Macs? I tried it on a friend's Mac for the first time the other day and it didn't load. ne_nau.gif
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    journeysrememberedjourneysremembered Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    is it just me or did the fact that you used to be able to see the actual thumbnail of the images (not just the filename) you were picking to upload change when the "new" uploader came out? I LOVED this option. If I needed to upload a certain image I could do it by looking for it and didn't have to worry about the filename.
  • Options
    journeysrememberedjourneysremembered Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    no one have an answer??
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    no one have an answer??
    Yes, sorry we missed your post.m See Baldy's explanation here please:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=1149938#post1149938
  • Options
    MoxMox Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    When uploading photos the last couple of days, the uploader is not finding all the files on my computer. I had to drag and drop from Bridge, rather than being able to select through the uploader.

It shows my last activity in my "Photos" folder as being August 10, when in fact it was yesterday. This is a first - it had been working beautifully. Any thoughts?

Thanks for all that you guys do!
  • Options
    MoxMox Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    I don't know why the hiccup, but it's working properly now.

Naturally, now that I finally posted about it. Like taking your car to the mechanic... :)