edited May 16, 2009
    Easy Customizer
    The easy customizer is the greatest thing since sliced bread. clap.gif

Andy wrote:
    This has us SO excited :D
  • Options
    mapleleavermapleleaver Registered Users Posts: 109 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2009
    I appreciate the new customization but cannot find something that was there before. I wanted to change the colours on my homepage and cannot find the code for colours that was there before.

Can someone please send me the link for where I can find the colour codes?

Thanks
    Chris
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2009
    I appreciate the new customization but cannot find something that was there before. I wanted to change the colours on my homepage and cannot find the code for colours that was there before.

Can someone please send me the link for where I can find the colour codes?

Thanks
    Chris

http://www.colorjack.com/
    http://www.colorpicker.com/
  • Options
    wrikerwriker Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 21, 2009
    Banner and nav..vanish
    OK, new to all this...I created my site some time ago.. with some help. Now Im bored with it and have been working on changes - reading, reading and reading... ok so that you dont have to read - here is my problem. I have a simple Banner - and Nav bar to the right of it. I created them both with the easy breezy customizer thingy thats new to SM but wont alow you to "tweak" it once you done it.. any way - when you nevigate through my site - those two things vanish. Although I have notice they only vanish on the galleries that have been added to communites....? So if I take them away or out of the community the banner and nav come back.... uh...

Oh and since Im here - how do you get rid of the "box" around the images including the slideshow..(im not talking the frame or white box - i know that... Im talking that translucent backgroundheadscratch.gif) I have read tons of threads and just when I thought I found it I fell asleep....

OK, thanks so much for any help
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2009
    While Im at this - the link on y banner doesnt always work as well..headscratch.gif When I go to the portrait gallery - click the banner - I go to SM home page.... this is the easy customizer? I did better the other way... UGH.. I think I need sleep
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2009
    wriker wrote:
    OK, new to all this...I created my site some time ago.. with some help. Now Im bored with it and have been working on changes - reading, reading and reading... ok so that you dont have to read - here is my problem. I have a simple Banner - and Nav bar to the right of it. I created them both with the easy breezy customizer thingy thats new to SM but wont alow you to "tweak" it once you done it.. any way - when you nevigate through my site - those two things vanish. Although I have notice they only vanish on the galleries that have been added to communites....? So if I take them away or out of the community the banner and nav come back.... uh...

Oh and since Im here - how do you get rid of the "box" around the images including the slideshow..(im not talking the frame or white box - i know that... Im talking that translucent backgroundheadscratch.gif) I have read tons of threads and just when I thought I found it I fell asleep....

OK, thanks so much for any help
    Some communities mandate their own style on your galleries. Remove them from the community and your style will come back. Add them to the community and you get the style of the community. You have to pick which one you want or convince the community owner to change the setting in the community so you can have your own style.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2009
    wriker wrote:
    While Im at this - the link on y banner doesnt always work as well..headscratch.gif When I go to the portrait gallery - click the banner - I go to SM home page.... this is the easy customizer? I did better the other way... UGH.. I think I need sleep
    You put in the wrong link URL for the banner. You put in "wrikerphoto.com". You need to put in "http://wrikerphoto.com" instead. Link URLs do not work like what you type in the browser. If it doesn't start with either "/" or "http://", then the browser treats it as a relative URL which will not do what you want.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2009
    jfriend wrote:
    Some communities mandate their own style on your galleries. Remove them from the community and your style will come back. Add them to the community and you get the style of the community. You have to pick which one you want or convince the community owner to change the setting in the community so you can have your own style.

This is all said and good - except that before I changed my banner - it worked fine. Then I uesed the easy cutomizer to make a new one and now it vanishes when you go to those communities -
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2009
    wriker wrote:
    This is all said and good - except that before I changed my banner - it worked fine. Then I uesed the easy cutomizer to make a new one and now it vanishes when you go to those communities -
    Hi, when you use a community the community customizing takes over. I'm sorry, but that's the way it has always been.
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, when you use a community the community customizing takes over. I'm sorry, but that's the way it has always been.

Maybe were all confused here - I changed my Banner as well as the NAV bar BACK to the way it used to be. Typed all the code in, yada yada - then went to any gallery that happens to belong to a community and ALL WAS NOT LOST - my banner, my nav - all were still there.... NOW if I did the same thing after creating my banner and nav in the "easy customizer" and then went to a gallery - all would be lost.

Why the difference??
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2009
    wriker wrote:
    Maybe were all confused here - I changed my Banner as well as the NAV bar BACK to the way it used to be. Typed all the code in, yada yada - then went to any gallery that happens to belong to a community and ALL WAS NOT LOST - my banner, my nav - all were still there.... NOW if I did the same thing after creating my banner and nav in the "easy customizer" and then went to a gallery - all would be lost.

Why the difference??
    Oooh, that's in interesting one. If true, then the easy customizer CSS/HTML is not being added to the gallery on communities even when the community allows your own customization. I hope someone from Smugmug looks into that one. If you're sure about this, then you should file it in the bug reporting forum.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    encosionencosion Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    This has us SO excited :D Customize a SmugMug site in minutes, change the text, colors, header, footer, boxes, make a navbar and more...
    I'm assuming this doesn't apply for basic SmugMug accounts? Doesn't seem to be mentioned that it's for Power and Pro only, but I can find any of the entry links you mentioned! Pity!
    Canon EOS 500D (Kiss X3)
    85mm f/1.8, 17-50 + 28-75m
    f/2.8 lenses
    iMac 24" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Extreme, 4Gb RAM, OSX 10.5.7
    http://encosion.com/ | http://encosion.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited May 24, 2009
    encosion wrote:
    I'm assuming this doesn't apply for basic SmugMug accounts? Doesn't seem to be mentioned that it's for Power and Pro only, but I can find any of the entry links you mentioned! Pity!
    Yes, customizing is for Power and Pro accounts, always has been. You'll find the easy customizer in our Power and Pro sections of our help pages, too.
  • Options
    jchinjchin Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2009
    Andy ... HELP!

I tried the Eazy Customizer ... after you told me what the new unlisted gallery is ... well ... it now breaks my "galleries" page.

http://galleries.jchinphotography.com/galleries/ is not suppose to show the "popular photos"

http://galleries.jchinphotography.com/ is not suppose to show galleries but just the popular photos (until I get around to making a front page slideshow)

How do I fix this? I had a lot of customizations before trying the Easy Customizer.

HELP! Thanks.
    Johnny J. Chin ~ J. Chin Photography
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
    SmugMug referral coupon code: ix3uDyfBU6xXs
    (use this for a discount off your SmugMug subscription)
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,243 moderator
    edited May 31, 2009
    jchin wrote:
    I tried the Eazy Customizer ... after you told me what the new unlisted gallery is ... well ... it now breaks my "galleries" page

....How do I fix this? I had a lot of customizations before trying the Easy Customizer.
    Using the easy customizer against an already customized site is not a good idea.

From the first post in this thread:
    Using Easy Customizer won't overwrite any of your existing customizing that you have in your site-wide customizing area (cobrand.mg) but customizations done via the Easy Customizer may trump (overpower) some of your site-wide customizing. Remember, this tool was built for the most part, for folks to start out with fast, and get a header, navbar, colors, fonts, etc.
    Use the start over button in the easy customizer to remove all easy customizer customizations.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2009
    Using the easy customizer against an already customized site is not a good idea.

From the first post in this thread:
    Using Easy Customizer won't overwrite any of your existing customizing that you have in your site-wide customizing area (cobrand.mg) but customizations done via the Easy Customizer may trump (overpower) some of your site-wide customizing. Remember, this tool was built for the most part, for folks to start out with fast, and get a header, navbar, colors, fonts, etc.
    Use the start over button in the easy customizer to remove all easy customizer customizations.

--- Denise

I originally clicked on "Easy Customizer" by accident and canceled out of there. However, it created a hidden gallery (which Andy bought to my attention when I asked about it). Then curiosity got the best of me.

Well ... I did do the "start over" thingy and it still broke a lot of my original customizations (pre-Easy Customizer). I am now trying to hack at the CSS and JavaScript to see if I can get it to work as it did before.
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2009
    SUGGESTION:

Think it maybe time SmugMug renamed the Easy Customizer gallery as such. Instead of calling it "My SmugMug Site Files (Do Not Delete)", maybe it should be named "My SmugMug Easy Customizer Files (Do Not Delete)". Less confusing.

And maybe it should have its own category ... like "SmugMug" or "SmugMug Customizations" ... something along that line. Just in case there are users that uses the "Other" category already.
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2009
    By the way ... what happens if we delete that "My SmugMug Site Files (Do Not Delete)" empty gallery?
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2009
    jchin wrote:
    By the way ... what happens if we delete that "My SmugMug Site Files (Do Not Delete)" empty gallery?
    Nothing happens if it's empty and you're not using it, delete it. It's rather harmless, to leave it, since it's unlisted and nobody but you will ever see it.
  • Options
    BkodgerBkodger Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2009
    Very nice! I've only changed a few things using it, but no problems so far. Thanks!!
    Nikon D610
    70-200 f.28, 24-85
    www.PhotoExpectations.com
  • Options
    DarlingDarling Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited May 31, 2009
    Right Click question
    Used Easy Customizer to put in a right click statement, then I didn't like it, so I changed it but it won't update on my photos. The old statement is still there. Can you tell me how to fix this?

(Easy Customizer is great because I went on a long trip and when I came back I couldn't remember CSS from CRT and was thoroughly confused. Then I found Easy Customizer and I was able update my whole website in one sitting. Thanks!)

www.janewaddick.com
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2009
    Darling wrote:
    Used Easy Customizer to put in a right click statement, then I didn't like it, so I changed it but it won't update on my photos. The old statement is still there. Can you tell me how to fix this?

(Easy Customizer is great because I went on a long trip and when I came back I couldn't remember CSS from CRT and was thoroughly confused. Then I found Easy Customizer and I was able update my whole website in one sitting. Thanks!)

www.janewaddick.com

Different than this?

20090601-d7s87hbm31ju5c7sx84ipknww4.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2009
    Andy, what you see is what i want, but what I see when I right click is my old statement - and I'm sorry but -I don't know how to copy and paste it here, but what I see (in owner and visitor view) is 2009 Jane Waddick, all rights reserved. I added the "Copyright" - and I just don't see it.
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2009
    Darling wrote:
    Andy, what you see is what i want, but what I see when I right click is my old statement - and I'm sorry but -I don't know how to copy and paste it here, but what I see (in owner and visitor view) is 2009 Jane Waddick, all rights reserved. I added the "Copyright" - and I just don't see it.
    Which gallery link shows it to you this way? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2009
    Darling wrote:
    When I go to this gallery and attempt a right click, I see this:

2009-05-31_1943.png

The Safari browser seems to know what to do with that funny symbol (it shows "copyright", but Firefox does not.

That is because your bottom javascript has this in it:
    rightClickWarning = "� 2009  Jane Waddick, all rights reserved";

Change that symbol at the beginning to normal text and it should start working. Like this:
    rightClickWarning = "Copyright 2009  Jane Waddick, all rights reserved";

--John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2009
    jfriend wrote:
    When I go to this gallery and attempt a right click, I see this:

2009-05-31_1943.png

The Safari browser seems to know what to do with that funny symbol (it shows "copyright", but Firefox does not.

That is because your bottom javascript has this in it:
    rightClickWarning = "� 2009  Jane Waddick, all rights reserved";

Change that symbol at the beginning to normal text and it should start working. Like this:
    rightClickWarning = "Copyright 2009  Jane Waddick, all rights reserved";

John

I deleted the phrase in Easy Customizer and inserted your code per instructions and this fix it.

Thanks very much.
    Jane
  • Options
    edited June 1, 2009
    Darling wrote:
    John

I deleted the phrase in Easy Customizer and inserted your code per instructions and this fix it.

Thanks very much.
    Jane
    Hmmm, Andy I wonder if this is a bug/problem in the Easy Customizer? When using EZC, Jane was getting something that worked in Safari, but not in Firefox.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited June 1, 2009
    Curious ... does the code from Easy Customizer override the CSS and JavaScript we put into the Advanced Customize page (cobrand.mg)? Or is it the other way around? Or does Easy Customizer edit the custom code?

Main reason ... I am considering trying the NavBar thingy but don't want to break everything I've done already.

Sorry Andy ... I hope I am not being a royal pain.
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
  • Options
    edited June 1, 2009
    jchin wrote:
    Curious ... does the code from Easy Customizer override the CSS and JavaScript we put into the Advanced Customize page (cobrand.mg)? Or is it the other way around? Or does Easy Customizer edit the custom code?

Main reason ... I am considering trying the NavBar thingy but don't want to break everything I've done already.

Sorry Andy ... I hope I am not being a royal pain.
    You are not a pain. EZC won't harm your existing customizing and it's a cinch to 'nuke' what you do in EZC. That said, like I've been posting - EZC is not for folks that already have customizing in place, really.

Don't forget to backup your customizing (we give you a nice Email It! button now on your customizing page) if you do give this a try :)

Questions are never a pain - we're here to serve and we love you asking questions!
  • Options
    edited June 1, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Don't forget to backup your customizing (we give you a nice Email It! button now on your customizing page) if you do give this a try :)

That is a GREAT idea. I better go "backup" my existing customizations now. Especially since you now have an Email It! button. Another cool feature. thumb.gif
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug