Options

Finalists for DSS #27 (Singular or Plural)

12346»

Comments

• Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    I've received a very honest and valid explanation for the anomalies, and it makes total sense. Honest error, no ill intent, just some overzealous supporters. It doesn't change the outcome or resulting decision, but know that it won't be happening in future rounds.

Oh, I am so happy to know that!!! Honest mistakes happen and I was hopeful and pretty sure that was the case.

On with the challenges... wings.gif
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2009
    ghinson wrote:
    DSS #29. The Brownie. You guys each bake a batch, FedEx us the work. And we'll open a poll and vote on our favorite. (We won't care if you cheat, however, since we will have all eaten the prize.)

lol3.gif Ha, ha, ha the best idea I've heard for looong time. I'm ready to vote :eat

But... this time NO outsiders allowed to the pool, under any circumstances rolleyes1.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2009
    OK,, you two are cracking me up here:poke..... both of you....rolleyes1.gif

Look what I went and got myself smack in the middle of now..

Well I must say,,, just one opinion would not suffice to call a vote on such blue ribbon brownies.. We need more taste testers to strike an average..

However, rather than shipping them, I don't see why we can't just each bake them....

I will give both a shot.. but your gonna have to give me two weeks time.. I am swamped processing a photo shoot for a client on a deadline right now.. Couple that with out of state family dropping in and well,,, no time to bake.... but I assure you I will get to it... However, I think a poll is in order.. I am not getting stuck in the middle by myself. So your gonna have to recruit players if ya want votes.. and I have no idea where the Mods would let us place such a
    poll.. you may have to end up bribing them with a batch of brownies...mwink.gifeat

Kat
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2009
    photo-bug wrote:
    lol3.gif Ha, ha, ha the best idea I've heard for looong time. I'm ready to vote :eat

But... this time NO outsiders allowed to the pool, under any circumstances rolleyes1.gif

Ha Ha.. Look at photobug.. all ready to sit and test them out...rolleyes1.gif
    now.... now... > your gonna have to venture into the kitchen and bake first...thumb.gif

P.S. I want pictures..
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2009
    All this talk of brownies, I finally broke down yesterday and made some. Vegan version, but still satisfying. Still totally willing to judge a brownie bake-off, though. :eat
  • Options
    jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2009
    Forgive me if I missed something, but will there be a conclusion to DSS 27 or is it just too mucked up to straighten out?
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2009
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    Forgive me if I missed something, but will there be a conclusion to DSS 27 or is it just too mucked up to straighten out?

:deadhorse

At #27 we are only voting for brownies :hotcake
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2009
    Ha Ha.. Look at photobug.. all ready to sit and test them out...rolleyes1.gif
    now.... now... > your gonna have to venture into the kitchen and bake first...thumb.gif

P.S. I want pictures..

:nah :nah Nah, nah,... I rather vote on other's binge.gif
    rolleyes1.gif
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2009
    ooohh sure, but who is gonna pay for all the shipping..eek7.gifhuheek7.gifhuheek7.gifhuh

The frosting will melt all over the place.. Looks like >> To the kitchen..10944573-Ti.gif

Yep Kerry.. The power of suggestion.. it works huh...

Vegan Brownie? a true Vegan won't even use eggs right? how on earth do you get them to hold together? headscratch.gifscratchheadscratch.gif.. I know applesauce replaces oil, but what replaces eggs?

Kat
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2009
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    27 is concluded. It will not count toward prizes or Mega-Challenge qualification, per the original announcement. We're picking up with round #28.
  • Options
    jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    27 is concluded. It will not count toward prizes or Mega-Challenge qualification, per the original announcement. We're picking up with round #28.

Oh. Thank you. I guess I didn't read that carefully. Total bummer. This was one of the first Challenges I thought I had a shot at winning. If only life were fair! :whip
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • Options
    mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    I was looking all over this morning to see who won 27 and couldn't find the thread because usually I just look for the WINNER in the subject. I can see how this was a definite let down for the everyone who made it to the voting round, all of your shots were great and deserve the recognition.

I did read through enough to learn that this may not have been malicious so I'm glad about that but still sad for everyone who made it to voting because I would be pretty annoyed if I had made it that far.

I hope everyone continues with their great submissions in spite of this and hopefully it won't occur again.