15678911»

Comments

• Options
    SklavosSklavos Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited May 11, 2011
  • Options
    wwvuillemotwwvuillemot Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited May 23, 2011
    Keywords not taking, new pics not recognized, new galleries not being created
    Hi,

I have version 3.1.2 of Aperture.

Up until a few weeks ago the plugin worked flawlessly. Since around the start of May I have noticed a few things not working as before.

1) Keywords are not displayed under the uploaded photos
    - Upon upload there are no keywords appearing
    - When I click on "edit" the keywords are there, I click on Save and a few minutes later the keywords appear

2) Uploaded Images not appearing in Most Recent feed
    - I find that by clicking on "Edit" for keywords and saving as described above makes the images appear in the feed

3) Creating a New Gallery
    - I find that while I can create a new gallery, the images destined to the gallery fails at time of upload
    - The solution is create a gallery once with the tool, let it fail, and then try again by selecting the created gallery from the list and uploading
    - Alternatively, create the gallery online and then upload

Up until now this all worked seamlessly. I never had to do anything to manage my galleries except from Aperture. Now requires a lot more touches.

Note, I just downloaded the latest version (0.31) and installed. I believe the version I had before required me to move the files manually into the right folder so I believe I had an older version (0.29?).

Does anyone else had these problems? If so, do we know if 0.31 solves these issues?

Thanks!
    Ward
    wwv AT mac DOT com
    http://pics.wardosworld.com
  • Options
    portageportage Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 7, 2011
    Thank you for this plug-in!

One nagging small question... For some reason, the plug-in installed under the top level Library does not seem to work. When I re-installed it for one user only, into my local Library, the smugmug option appeared under the export menu. I am curious if anyone has any thoughts on this.
  • Options
    dfradkindfradkin Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 21, 2011
    Having Upload Problems
    Hi...I'm new to this site and new to the Aperture uploader. I was able to find and download the application/ add on. It says that i've successfully installed the software but I can't find any trace of it on my computer. Does it reside as an application in Finder? Should I see a menu pick in the Aperture options? Anyway...I was hoping someone might have the ABCs of how to get going with my first direct upload from Aperture to SmugMug. Thanks in advance for any advice out there...
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2011
    dfradkin wrote: »
    Hi...I'm new to this site and new to the Aperture uploader. I was able to find and download the application/ add on. It says that i've successfully installed the software but I can't find any trace of it on my computer. Does it reside as an application in Finder? Should I see a menu pick in the Aperture options? Anyway...I was hoping someone might have the ABCs of how to get going with my first direct upload from Aperture to SmugMug. Thanks in advance for any advice out there...
    Click on 'export' in aperture and there you'll find it.
  • Options
    mcphotowhizmcphotowhiz Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 9, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    Click on 'export' in aperture and there you'll find it.

I have a similar problem. I have installed and reinstalled the 'aperture to smugmug upload' program several times. It appears to have been installed correctly but does not appear when I click on export. I worked with a smug mug hero and we tried several different things before she suggested I come here to digital grin and see what I can find. I have an older version of Aperture..2.1.4 on a dual core Imac.
    Any thoughts? Other question for those who use the plug in. How well does it work?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2011
    I have a similar problem. I have installed and reinstalled the 'aperture to smugmug upload' program several times. It appears to have been installed correctly but does not appear when I click on export. I worked with a smug mug hero and we tried several different things before she suggested I come here to digital grin and see what I can find. I have an older version of Aperture..2.1.4 on a dual core Imac.
    Any thoughts? Other question for those who use the plug in. How well does it work?
    Thanks.
    I don't use Aperture, but maybe your Aperture or Mac OSX version is simply too old and not supported anymore?

You could try the other Aperture plugin available:
    http://nzwidgets.com/smugin/SmuginForAperture/SmuginForAperture.html
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    TinstaflTinstafl Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2011
    I get the same thing at times. It will not be every time but if I am uploading a lot of files it will crash 2 or 3 times during the upload.
  • Options
    mcphotowhizmcphotowhiz Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 14, 2011
    unable to get plug in to work
    I don't use Aperture, but maybe your Aperture or Mac OSX version is simply too old and not supported anymore?

You could try the other Aperture plugin available:

Tried the different plug in and it worked. The Aperture is only a 2.1.4 but the OSX version is the latest. Thanks for the tip.
  • Options
    niceviperniceviper Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited November 2, 2011
    Having Issues with Plugin Installation
    Hello,

I downloaded and installed the aperture to smugmug plugin and it is not showing up in my export menu in aperture. The only option is grey (can't click) text that says "No Plug-ins Installed". Is there another step to add the plugin after the install on my computer from the download? All my software is current and I'm running the most recent version of the Mac OS.

A disclaimer: I'm new to both aperture and smugmug, so I admit my problem is likely related to "user error".

Please advise and thanks for the help!!!

-Brian
  • Options
    gebbiagebbia Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited January 19, 2012
    Aperture to SmugMug plugin not working
    I too can not see the plugin under file, export. I have OSX 10.7.2 and aperture 3.2.2. it does not come up under file, export.

anyone know whats up?
  • Options
    kbroderickkbroderick Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited January 19, 2012
    gebbia wrote: »
    I too can not see the plugin under file, export. I have OSX 10.7.2 and aperture 3.2.2. it does not come up under file, export.

anyone know whats up?

If you right-click an image in a project (or select multiple images and then right-click one of them), does it appear in the Export option in the context menu?
  • Options
    SlowButEffectiveSlowButEffective Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 1, 2012
    kbroderick wrote: »
    If you right-click an image in a project (or select multiple images and then right-click one of them), does it appear in the Export option in the context menu?

I have the same problem. After installing, no plug-in appears. It does not appear in the Export option in the context menu. All I see are: Versions..., Masters..., Metadata..., and Album as New Library.... When using the File menu it offers the same options, plus, greyed out: "No Plug-ins Installed".

I checked in /Users/myusername/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/ and found the Export folder locked--can't even view inside it. In Get Info I can't seem to change permissions even though my account is administrative.

My first install was for all users. When that didn't work I reinstalled just for me.

OS X 10.6.8, Aperture 3.2.4
  • Options
    edited July 1, 2012
    If you have an issue with this plugin, you could try the other Aperture plugin available:
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    kbroderickkbroderick Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2012
    I checked in /Users/myusername/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/ and found the Export folder locked--can't even view inside it. In Get Info I can't seem to change permissions even though my account is administrative.

I just checked, and my Plug-Ins and Export folders both have normal permissions—user read, write and execute, group/other read and execute (in Unix terms, or "Read & Write" in the Get Info window). Are you comfortable at all with the command line? If so, I'd go to the Terminal app, do a

ld -ld /Users/yourusername/Library/Application\ Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/Export

and see what it shows for permissions. Mine shows:
    drwxr-xr-x 5 kbroderick kbroderick 170 Nov 19 2010 Plug-Ins/Export/

which seems pretty normal. The "drwx" indicates permissions for the owner, the first r-x indicate permissions for owner group, and the second for all other users.

I'd be looking more closely at this before worrying about anything else.

Can you rename the Export folder to something else (e.g. "Export-bak") and create a new Export folder? if so, I'd try that and then reinstall the plug-in. If you can't read the Export plug-ins folder, neither can Aperture, as it's running with the same permissions your user has, so it doesn't really matter what is in the folder. A permission repair might be worthwhile, although it shouldn't affect anything in your home directory, this seems wonky enough that I wouldn't be surprised if other wonkiness may also be present.
  • Options
    SlowButEffectiveSlowButEffective Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 2, 2012
    Thanks! While waiting for my Repair Permissions to complete, I figured out how to use security in Get Info (it's greyed out even though it's clickable). I added myself and changed it to Read/Write. I could then go in and see the plug-in there. I restarted Aperture and the plug-in is now there. My guess is that under certain conditions the installer removes the user from access.

Anyway I'm good to go now. Thanks again.
  • Options
    jdalyjdaly Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 11, 2012
    Can someone post the link to download the ApertureToSmugMug plugin?

Thanks, John

edit: found a link

edit 2: I also needed to do this in order to get the 64bit version to load. Because I did have an older version already installed. I deleted this file, then re-installed.
    /Users/username/Library/Preferences/org.davidholmes.ApertureToSmugMug.plist. I also removed the aperturetosmugmug file inthe plugin folder within /Library/Application Support/...
  • Options
    ErkkiErkki Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2012
    Aperture to Smugmug problem
    I got a new MacBook Pro with Mountain Lion (10.8) and I have Aperture 3.3.2 installed. Now the Aperture to Smugmug exporters won't work. I have used the AperturetoSmugmug plugin and tried also the Smuginfor Aperture plugin but neither one works. I presume it is about the 64 bits. Any solution to this anybody?
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2012
    Erkki wrote: »
    I got a new MacBook Pro with Mountain Lion (10.8) and I have Aperture 3.3.2 installed. Now the Aperture to Smugmug exporters won't work. I have used the AperturetoSmugmug plugin and tried also the Smuginfor Aperture plugin but neither one works. I presume it is about the 64 bits. Any solution to this anybody?
    Can you make sure that you're using the very latest SmugInForAperture plugin? There's an update from August 12. If you still have an issue, contact the developer with details so he can assist you with troubleshooting. You can find the SmugInForAperture plugin developer homepage here.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    ErkkiErkki Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2012
    August 12 is the version and it doesn't work. I have contacted the support with screenshot so let's see what happens...

Thanks,
    Erkki

Can you make sure that you're using the very latest SmugInForAperture plugin? There's an update from August 12. If you still have an issue, contact the developer with details so he can assist you with troubleshooting. You can find the SmugInForAperture plugin developer homepage here.
  • Options
    boilermikeboilermike Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 26, 2012
    All sizes?
    Hi, I am completely new to Smugmug and have question about the Aperture plugin. When I use Smugmug to upload photos, they display with the option to view all sizes (from Small, Medium, Large all the way through the XL's and finally Original).

When I use the aperturetosmugmug plugin, all I get is Small and Original, and the 'Original' is really just a copy of the Small. Am I doing something wrong or is that just how the plugin works?
  • Options
    edited August 27, 2012
    The Aperture to SmugMug plugin hasn't been updated in a while. I'd recommend you give the other plugin available a try instead. You can find the SmugInForAperture plugin here.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    avalongroupavalongroup Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 23, 2013
    HELP SMUGMUG PLUG in for APERTURE
    Sorry for repeat post not sure where this should go but,

Sorry if this is a common thread but the smugmug website didnt offer much help.

Instructions for adding aperture plug in said download, unzip and copy into,

Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/Export

However when I get into application support there is no aperture folder.... Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance if this is an insanely newb quest. FYI running on a Imac 10.6.8 software with aperture 3 fully updated.

thanks!
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2013
    Sorry for repeat post not sure where this should go but,

Sorry if this is a common thread but the smugmug website didnt offer much help.

Instructions for adding aperture plug in said download, unzip and copy into,

Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/Export

However when I get into application support there is no aperture folder.... Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance if this is an insanely newb quest. FYI running on a Imac 10.6.8 software with aperture 3 fully updated.

thanks!

I responded to this on your other thread.

Michael