64 Bit ApertureToSmugMug Plugin

Comments

• Options
    pinkfishpinkfish Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 25, 2009
    Export Screen cannot be resized
    I'm using Aperture v1.5.6 w/Aperture to SmugMug v0.29

When attempting to File / Export / Aperture to SmugMug. '

Export window cannot be resized so I can never click EXPORT button to begin export. The last line I can read is File Name Example:

This is a problem as it makes plug-in unusable. Sure, in the meantime I can use another export option but previously working plug-in was nice.

Is there a way to resize this window?

Mahalo
  • Options
    wplwpl Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 7, 2009
    Anyone Have Success with Snow Leopard?
    I have the lastest ApertureToSmugMug. On Snow Leopard it had trouble installing. The "Drop the pluging here to install.app" fails with a "Cannot install message". So I copied the plugin to the right place. Now Aperature 2.1.4 see it and let's me select a photo and the export it using ApertureToSmugMug. It logs into SmugMug just fine. However, the form to complete will not allow me to select the caption or tags textfields. Only the filename textfield is editable. When I click export, I just get the little "Exporting..." in aperture and nothing ever gets uploaded.

I'd love to use the plugin. I've been using one for flickr for years with no issue. I wanted to switch to SmugMug. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2009
    wpl wrote:
    I have the lastest ApertureToSmugMug. On Snow Leopard it had trouble installing. The "Drop the pluging here to install.app" fails with a "Cannot install message". So I copied the plugin to the right place. Now Aperature 2.1.4 see it and let's me select a photo and the export it using ApertureToSmugMug. It logs into SmugMug just fine. However, the form to complete will not allow me to select the caption or tags textfields. Only the filename textfield is editable. When I click export, I just get the little "Exporting..." in aperture and nothing ever gets uploaded.

I'd love to use the plugin. I've been using one for flickr for years with no issue. I wanted to switch to SmugMug. Any suggestions?
    Same here.

I'll try to reach the developer.
  • Options
    peterparkerpeterparker Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited September 9, 2009
    Hey guys, I'm working on it. Having some issues with Apple's installer, hope to have it fixed shortly.

David
  • Options
    edited September 10, 2009
    Here is the latest version. I may have to redo the installer to require admin authentication if people are having permission problems. Let me know.

David
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2009
    Here is the latest version. I may have to redo the installer to require admin authentication if people are having permission problems. Let me know.

David
    Seems to work for me fine - you'll update your permalink blog post? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited September 11, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Seems to work for me fine - you'll update your permalink blog post? ear.gif

I've updated the ApertureToSmugMug page.
  • Options
    nullroutennullrouten Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited September 28, 2009
    I've updated the ApertureToSmugMug page.

I am having probs with version 0.29, but I cannot install 0.30. The Installer is sluggish and stops on "Select a Destination" the selection is "Install for me only" but the continue button is greyed out. My hard drive has 22GB free (the installer tells me I need 164k of space, but I assume this is not the cause of the installer failing to continue).

With 0.29 I am finding galleries with missing images (I upload 80 images... 77 show up). Also the upload stops mid-way through often and I must re-start it where it left off (it is just hung and I have to stop and re-start part way thru).

I'm running Aperture 2.1.4.
    I'm running Leopard (patched up to date)... I am NOT running snow-leopard.
    I have admin privileges, and I've already run a Repair Permissions in Disk Utility.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
  • Options
    tony.ibarratony.ibarra Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited September 29, 2009

David

Snow Leopard 10.6.1
    Aperture 2.1.4
    Fresh install of the OS, ran repair permissions, and the 0.30 installer is failing every time. I am the lone user, full admin.
  • Options
    Sundown7Sundown7 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 30, 2009
    Still Unable to install Aperture to SmugMug 0.30
    Hi

After unzipping I get a dmg that launches the installer that want to install in my Home folder and it fails every time. Sure would like to use your plug-in.

I did see that path that you recommended but i only have the dmg package and I can't do anything else with it.

Am I missing something?

Oh yeah, Macbook Pro, 10.6.1 Snow Leopard, Aperture 2 that is up to date.

Thanks,

Peter

David
  • Options
    happy-imphappy-imp Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited October 4, 2009
    0.30 doesn't work for me in 10.5.8, AP 2.1.4
    It keeps hanging for me at between 2 - 8 out of all the uploads. I thought it happened when I changed apps, but then it happened as I watched it, at around 8% uploaded, on #8. Was hoping the .30 update would fix it, as I've been fighting this with .29 for awhile. Ugh. 0.31 in the works?
    Also, checked console. Oddly, it showed a series of these:

10/4/09 7:45:42 PM Aperture[4373] [ApertureToSmugMug] upload:
    PUT /photo.jpg HTTP/1.1
    Host: upload.smugmug.com
    User-agent: ApertureToSmugMug (davidholmes.org)
    X-Smug-FileName: IMG_3204.jpg
    X-Smug-AlbumID: 9853848
    X-Smug-ResponseType: REST
    X-Smug-Version: 1.1.1
    Content-Length: 950383
    Cookie: SMSESS=2e1fce95e8ef43f0b986f605c4e77920
    Connection: close

for files that hadn't actually been uploaded. Smugmug received up through IMG_3193. However, aperture's activity monitor showed that it was stuck on IMG_3204, which came after IMG_3195, IMG_3197, IMG_3203 and IMG_3204. Those all had console messages, as above, after 3193, but didn't actually show up in the smugmug gallery. It hung at 8% on 3204, and that also had the same console message.

To be clear, what I'm saying is that the console shows the message as copied above for files that both made it to smugmug and that actually didn't go to smugmug. I'm assuming those console message should just show up when a file is uploaded, but I dunno. Regardless, Aperture thinks it successfully uploaded files that actually didn't make it to smugmug, and then it hangs at a certain point.

Wish I could give more details but that's all I got right now. Anything else I should look at?
  • Options
    muntermunter Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited October 8, 2009
    happy-imp wrote:
    It keeps hanging for me at between 2 - 8 out of all the uploads. I thought it happened when I changed apps, but then it happened as I watched it, at around 8% uploaded, on #8. Was hoping the .30 update would fix it, as I've been fighting this with .29 for awhile. Ugh. 0.31 in the works?
    Also, checked console. Oddly, it showed a series of these:

10/4/09 7:45:42 PM Aperture[4373] [ApertureToSmugMug] upload:
    PUT /photo.jpg HTTP/1.1
    Host: upload.smugmug.com
    User-agent: ApertureToSmugMug (davidholmes.org)
    X-Smug-FileName: IMG_3204.jpg
    X-Smug-AlbumID: 9853848
    X-Smug-ResponseType: REST
    X-Smug-Version: 1.1.1
    Content-Length: 950383
    Cookie: SMSESS=2e1fce95e8ef43f0b986f605c4e77920
    Connection: close

for files that hadn't actually been uploaded. Smugmug received up through IMG_3193. However, aperture's activity monitor showed that it was stuck on IMG_3204, which came after IMG_3195, IMG_3197, IMG_3203 and IMG_3204. Those all had console messages, as above, after 3193, but didn't actually show up in the smugmug gallery. It hung at 8% on 3204, and that also had the same console message.

To be clear, what I'm saying is that the console shows the message as copied above for files that both made it to smugmug and that actually didn't go to smugmug. I'm assuming those console message should just show up when a file is uploaded, but I dunno. Regardless, Aperture thinks it successfully uploaded files that actually didn't make it to smugmug, and then it hangs at a certain point.

Wish I could give more details but that's all I got right now. Anything else I should look at?

I'm having the exact same issue here too.
  • Options
    happy-imphappy-imp Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited October 8, 2009
    munter wrote:
    I'm having the exact same issue here too.
    Good, glad it's not just me :)
  • Options
    nullroutennullrouten Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited October 11, 2009
    While the ApertureToSmugMug thingee is broken, I'm exporting them first and then adding them within the browser. Even doing that: I'm getting numerous connection-resets ("server unexpectedly closed the connection", immediately) when pointing my browser at: http://upload.smugmug.com/photos/new_add.mg

I just hit reload 1-5 times until the page and applet show up, then I add photos.

Related?
  • Options
    mmousemmouse Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited October 12, 2009
    happy-imp wrote:
    Good, glad it's not just me :)

Sadly, it happens the same way for me, too. I hope a new version is in the works...
  • Options
    CosmicVoyagerCosmicVoyager Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    Just installed 0.30 on a fresh install of Aperture 2.1.4, OS X 10.6.1. Still get the "error logging in" message when trying to export.
  • Options
    CosmicVoyagerCosmicVoyager Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    Re: Error logging in
    Plan B wrote:
    I just figured it out. I have an academic version of aperture (legit, like all my software) and it does not allow me to have aperture open on two computers at a time. I installed littlesnitch as a workaround - it didn't work - but it was blocking aperture on my MacBook pro from joining the network.

I've got this same issue. I have the academic version installed on two Macs, which are sometimes on the same network, but never open both copies at the same time. If this is a problem with the academic version, how do I "get legit?"
  • Options
    teamnoirteamnoir Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited December 18, 2009
    Fails with barber pole...
    The plugin worked for me a few times, but now I'm just getting a barber pole on "logging in" forever.

I'm running 0.30. I can log in from a web browser on the same machine so I think that rules out network and/or authentication issues. Is there something else I can do to give the plugin a swift kick?

Macbook pro, up to date OS, up to date aperture.
  • Options
    ottsworldottsworld Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2009
    install not working
    I'm having the same exact problem - can't even get it to install. My version is legit - and all brand new...
    Any help out there?
    Sundown7 wrote:
    Hi

After unzipping I get a dmg that launches the installer that want to install in my Home folder and it fails every time. Sure would like to use your plug-in.

I did see that path that you recommended but i only have the dmg package and I can't do anything else with it.

Am I missing something?

Oh yeah, Macbook Pro, 10.6.1 Snow Leopard, Aperture 2 that is up to date.

Thanks,

Peter
  • Options
    edited December 22, 2009
    0.30 without installer
    For those having issues installing here is the plugin without installer. Unzip and place in ~/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/Export. Some machines seem to have permission issues with the installer that package maker creates. Haven't tracked it down yet.

I'll look into the connectivity/timeout issues hopefully soon. Needless to say that something has changed, and it wasn't the plugin.

Thanks,
    David
  • Options
    stevemcgheestevemcghee Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 12, 2010
    I'm having the same issue ("Install for this user", but "Continue" is greyed out). The logs may suggest something:

1/12/10 9:00:36 AM Installer[46864] ApertureToSmugMug 0.30 Installation Log
    1/12/10 9:00:36 AM Installer[46864] Opened from: /Users/smcghee/Downloads/ApertureToSmugMug-0.30.pkg
    1/12/10 9:00:36 AM installdb[46866] Opened receipt database on '/' with schema 17.
    1/12/10 9:01:08 AM Installer[46864] -[PFReceiptDB initWithPkgID:andName:onVolumeOrHomeDir:] some arguments are required! pkgid: 'org.davidholmes.aperturetosmugmug.pkg' domainPath: '(null)'

If it makes any difference, I use FileVault, and I just freshly installed Aperture from the Demo, but registered using my 2.0 Upgrade and 1.5 Original keys (I lost my discs :( )

I can offer more debug info if you want.
  • Options
    edited January 12, 2010
    I'm having the same issue ("Install for this user", but "Continue" is greyed out). The logs may suggest something:

1/12/10 9:00:36 AM Installer[46864] ApertureToSmugMug 0.30 Installation Log
    1/12/10 9:00:36 AM Installer[46864] Opened from: /Users/smcghee/Downloads/ApertureToSmugMug-0.30.pkg
    1/12/10 9:00:36 AM installdb[46866] Opened receipt database on '/' with schema 17.
    1/12/10 9:01:08 AM Installer[46864] -[PFReceiptDB initWithPkgID:andName:onVolumeOrHomeDir:] some arguments are required! pkgid: 'org.davidholmes.aperturetosmugmug.pkg' domainPath: '(null)'

If it makes any difference, I use FileVault, and I just freshly installed Aperture from the Demo, but registered using my 2.0 Upgrade and 1.5 Original keys (I lost my discs :( )

I can offer more debug info if you want.

Steve, thanks but I'm giving up on Package Maker. Please use the manual installation from my previous post.
  • Options
    joepilotjoepilot Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 14, 2010
    Aperture to Smugmug 0.29 problems
    For some reason when I try to upload from aperture I now get ERROR Error Logging in never got that before Tried both my smugmug accounts same thing . Using a macbook pro 2.33 mac os x 10.4.11
    Any help would be greatly appreciated . JOE
  • Options
    RileyhoundRileyhound Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 26, 2010
    Trouble with .30 Aperture to Smugmug Plug In
    Setup: A2S .30 with Aperture 2.1.4 running on OS X 10.6.2. Last week the plug in was working fine this week it hangs at log-in into to Smugmug (Infinite barber pole). I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no success. Any idea on how to correct this?
  • Options
    mpkayeukmpkayeuk Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited February 10, 2010
    I'm surprised I'm the first one to post... Any news on a 64bit version of A2SM? I'm using AP3 now and 64 bit is all the rage (and besides, it stops me having to restart Aperture for every export) :)
  • Options
    ekfaithekfaith Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited February 11, 2010
    mpkayeuk wrote:
    I'm surprised I'm the first one to post... Any news on a 64bit version of A2SM? I'm using AP3 now and 64 bit is all the rage (and besides, it stops me having to restart Aperture for every export) :)

**bump** just giving your comment a little support. In the same boat!
    clap.gif
  • Options
    rkphillipsrkphillips Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited February 12, 2010
    wings.gif

I just discovered that this was an issue! I sent an email to the Aperture to SmugMug plug-in developer.....even though i'm sure he's aware of the issue.
  • Options
    darkwolf777darkwolf777 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited February 12, 2010
    Getting ready to re-sign up for SmugMug and I'd installed A2SM in Aperture 2 in preparation about a week ago. Then Apple finally dropped A3 this week, and I've already upgraded :D

Looks like I'll be waiting a bit long for 0.31 with A3 / 64bit support :)
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2010
    I just installed the new Aperture 3 64 bit export to smugmug tool, but it still only shows up as a 32 bit installer ne_nau.gif Followed the directions and re-booted computer with no luck ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2010
    dlplumer wrote:
    I just installed the new Aperture 3 64 bit export to smugmug tool, but it still only shows up as a 32 bit installer ne_nau.gif Followed the directions and re-booted computer with no luck ne_nau.gif

Got it. Works Great. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif