Options

*ENTRY* Thread DSS #52 (Digital Alphabet Soup)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2010
    The hardest thing for me in this challenge is picking a word and finding stuff to photograph that could fit a word. Everything here has turned green and I don't get much chance just to cruise around looking for buildings or other intersting stuff to photograph, so I'm stuck with what's around my home or work, like my office. None of it's too fancy, either! Laughing.gif
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    WOW...so many creative entries. Truly outstanding creativity on the part of all. bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    All done.
    Entries are now being compiled and verified. Judges please bear with me while I "scrub" the gallery, I have created quite the soup of work this time around mwink.gif

DQ's and PM's to the judges will follow as soon as I have finished verifications.

Great work everyone it has been a pleasure to follow this one.clap.gif
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    PHEW! DQ's
    Wow that was both a lot of fun and quite a bit more work than a normal round. Each letter has been verified!

Only 2 Disqualifications in the end.

Jeff (no EXIF information, we all tried to tell you, sorry) :cry

and

casowers - Sophie (It was stated that all EXIF was outside the challenge time frame so...)

A few notes:

I was extremely impressed with everyone's ability to push the limits of the many constraints that were placed on the entries this round. While looking at the original EXIF information I frequently was grinning ear to ear and for one entry I even welled up with emotion. You would think that letters would just be an exercise in just taking photos. Once again the entries are amazing, full of creative spirit and ingenious ways to work around the "basic editing" stipulations.

I tried to monitor things quite closely this round so that if an entry was blatantly going to be DQ'd I could warn the entrant so they could either fix it or change it. There is one entry that I had given my pre approval on but one letter is borderline outside of the "basic editing". Since there are several other entries that have similar borderline techniques and they all fall into creative use of frames, I have let it stand.

In future challenges where "basic editing" is specified I will likely be a bit tougher, but as I said this has been a learning curve on both sides.

Thank you ALL for participating this round it has been a blast so far!
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    I did enjoy the quest for letters. I have started noticing what is around me more and I try hard to find a letter in almost everything I look at. My daughter and I went for a walk around the neighborhood and every few steps I'd call out 'Y!' ...'C!'..."H!"...etc. She just rolled her eyes at me and groaned, but then she helped me find more. :D

I didn't find the quality letters that I wanted but I was committed to finding letters that I didn't have to create. I think I succeeded in doing that for the most part. (I re-tied the rope on our swingset to get an 'r' though.) My word ended up being a hodge-podge of letter styles and didn't have the 'wow factor' of some of the themed words, but I don't care. My Mom liked my word (she better!) and a lot of the folks at work liked the way it turned out. The good news is that I already have 3 people who want me to do names for them. :D:D:D Since I'm not really good enough yet to charge for this, I think I have Christmas presents in the bag!!

Thanks for a fun challenge.

Sherry