Options

Lightroom Upload Problem

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 5, 2013
    Alans Grin wrote: »
    Upgraded and I'm still getting the JSon error on one of my Galleries every time I hit publish - Win 7 (64bit), LR 5.0.

Alan.

Thanks, Alan...Did you try syncing your hierarchy ?

If so, can you please send a zipped copy of you .lrcat file for me to take a look at ?
    https://www.hightail.com/dropbox?dropbox=SmugMug

Please provide details on which gallery you are trying to publish and please include a link back to this thread so I'm aware which ticket i'm looking at.

Thanks,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2013
    pygmyowl wrote: »
    Nope. Upgraded to the 2.0.1.11 version and I'm still getting the JSON error.

Did you try syncing the hierarchy ?
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    pygmyowlpygmyowl Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    Hey Devbobo: Not sure exactly what you mean by "syncing the hierarchy." It's probably really obvious, but I'm not totally computer illiterate and I can't figure it out. Can you provide an explanation?
  • Options
    JayTJayT Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    hierarchy sync fails.

syncfailure-S.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2013
    JayT wrote: »
    hierarchy sync fails.

syncfailure-S.jpg

Jay,

Can you please send a zipped copy of you .lrcat file for me to take a look at ?

Please provide details on which gallery you are trying to publish and please include a link back to this thread so I'm aware which ticket i'm looking at.

Thanks,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    thefellathefella Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    Fixed on my OSX. Thanks!
  • Options
    LeicaboyLeicaboy Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited August 6, 2013
    2.0.1.11 works except DNG support
    So I upgraded LR5 SM plug in 2.0.1.11 Works great loading Jpeg,Tiff but when I upload DNG after first loading Jpeg, it only loads original DNG with no Edited Jpeg preview.. I have smugvault and the SM workflow is to upload Jpeg first than DNG 2nd to have both files work together.. It worked in original SM... Please help
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    Leicaboy wrote: »
    So I upgraded LR5 SM plug in 2.0.1.11 Works great loading Jpeg,Tiff but when I upload DNG after first loading Jpeg, it only loads original DNG with no Edited Jpeg preview.. I have smugvault and the SM workflow is to upload Jpeg first than DNG 2nd to have both files work together.. It worked in original SM... Please help

Hey Leicaboy,

can you point me towards a specific gallery or image ? I'm not sure that this would be related to LR itself, but I'm happy to take a look and redirect it to someone else if needed.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    Alans GrinAlans Grin Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    devbobo wrote: »
    Thanks, Alan...Did you try syncing your hierarchy ?

If so, can you please send a zipped copy of you .lrcat file for me to take a look at ?

Thanks,

David

Yes I have done a sync - hierarchy only (not pictures).
    Are you sure you want my cat ... it is 1.7 GB !

Edit - It appears I have a new behaviour (coincidence perhaps). Each press publishes one modified picture and then fails with the JSon error. I've not verified the picture actually went yet.
    Alan
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    Alans Grin wrote: »
    Yes I have done a sync - hierarchy only (not pictures).
    Are you sure you want my cat ... it is 1.7 GB !

Edit - It appears I have a new behaviour (coincidence perhaps). Each press publishes one modified picture and then fails with the JSon error. I've not verified the picture actually went yet.
    Alan

Update - the cat file compressed nicely down to 250MB so I have posted it to you via dropbox with some notes as you suggested,

Alan
  • Options
    jasonscottphotojasonscottphoto Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    I love the new SmugMug, but I have to say the Lightroom update has really been frustrating. I lost all my connections between my catalog and my smugmug galleries, have to re-sync everything, which is not going well.

I am having the uploading error with 2.0.1.9 as well

I am also having a weird hierarchy synching problem with a friend's smugmug hierarchy I access through Lightroom (our hierarchy for our site has synched just fine)

Basically, a whole bunch of galleries that are supposed to be in the category "Family" are showing up under all the folders instead. They also appear in the "Family" category where they belong. I've logged in and used the Organize tool to see if anything is weird on the SMugMug side and everything looks as it should. I have tried re-syncing the hierarchy using 2.0.1.3, 2.0.1.5, 2.0.1.9... stays the same no matter what. I've deleted the whole thing and re-added it, still has weird hierarchy...

Any thoughts?

More annoying though is A. I've had to re-sync everything, B. I can't seem to use Smart Galleries and publish to SmugMug, only regular galleries, and C. I am getting publishing errors SOMETIMES, but not all the time. Seems random.

OK, so...

2.0.1.11 fixed the weird problem I was having here with that account, but now I can't sync the hierarchy on our other account...
    Posts by Allyson, the wife/assistant...

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    Okay, best I can ascertain, synchronizing the hierarchy, which I take to be a function of the folders resident on my c: drive and the images in lightroom, not the relationship between the folders in my lightroom export gallery and my smugmug account, this still doesn't work. I continue getting the JSON error.
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    Finally figured out what this infernal "sync hierarchy" option is. For others, there are instructions here: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/352421-lightroom-plugin-faq

Unfortunately, that doesn't solve the problem. Returns exactly the same error that JasonScottPhoto got above at 5:51AM, which is upon syncing the hierarchy. When trying to update the collection, I get the JSON error.
  • Options
    seethecolorseethecolor Registered Users Posts: 3 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    G'day Guys,

Firstly, sorry for anyone experiencing problems since the launch and for your patience.

Can anyone who is having issues please upgrade to 2.0.1.11 from our help page.

I'm hoping that this fixes a lot of the outstanding issues...though, it may not resolve all the JSON errors being reported by Windows users (I haven't had time to test Windows yet...my next task).

Note: if you have any problems, creating new albums within folders, you may need to sync the hierarchy for your account.

Please report any issues.

Thanks,

David

Hi David,
    It seems to work better. thumb.gif I am not completely sure but it does not seem to recognise metadata changes done in Lightroom (I was under the impression that such was recognised and triggered automatic tagging for re-publishing). So I need to mark files manually for re-publishing. A particularly large file DNG would not upload (although I upload as JPEG and limit the file size), neither do videos. Should I post the IRCT file?
    Thanks, Martin
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    I disagree with SeetheColor. Still have the same problems.
  • Options
    G-ForceG-Force Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    Hi David,
    It seems to work better. thumb.gif I am not completely sure but it does not seem to recognise metadata changes done in Lightroom (I was under the impression that such was recognised and triggered automatic tagging for re-publishing). So I need to mark files manually for re-publishing. A particularly large file DNG would not upload (although I upload as JPEG and limit the file size), neither do videos. Should I post the IRCT file?
    Thanks, Martin
    I'm finding there are metadata issues too. I can't get it to sync the titles of the IPTC data to the title field in smugmug. For some photos it transfers fine, but for others it does not. Here is an example. All the photos in this gallery in lightroom have a title, but it only synced the title with the first photo in this gallery. It's just missing from the others and only the description/caption is shown.

http://www.gregforcey.com/Birds/Gulls/i-NT36w88
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    Windows user who are receiving the JSON error, please update to the latest version of the plugin

It will resolve that issue...for those who are interested, LR is doing something weird at the network level for requests that return HTTP codes such as 400 (Bad Request) or 401 (Unauthorized), it appears that LR strips out the actual response and replace it with a string of encoded characters.

Note: that in the case of a 'Bad Request', this doesn't actually fixed what caused the error...our API developer is looking at a few cases where he might be erroneously returning an error.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    OK, so...

2.0.1.11 fixed the weird problem I was having here with that account, but now I can't sync the hierarchy on our other account...

Jason,

Can you please send a zipped copy of you .lrcat file for me to take a look at ?

Thanks,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    pygmyowl wrote: »
    Okay, best I can ascertain, synchronizing the hierarchy, which I take to be a function of the folders resident on my c: drive and the images in lightroom, not the relationship between the folders in my lightroom export gallery and my smugmug account, this still doesn't work. I continue getting the JSON error.

Step to Sync Hierarchy...

1. Right-click on the SmugMug banner under Publish Services
    2. Select 'Edit Settings'
    3. When the Publish Manager dialog opens, go to the SmugMug settings section
    3. Check 'Sync Hierarchy', uncheck 'Sync Photos'
    4. Click the 'Sync Now' button
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    petes99petes99 Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited August 6, 2013
    With the .11 I thought I was all set - uploads appeared to be running.. but at the end of the "process" I get an error saying that images (all of them) could not be exported. As far as I can tell the galleries are not being created either.

Syncing hierarchy brings same error as JayT here..
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    petes99 wrote: »
    With the .11 I thought I was all set - uploads appeared to be running.. but at the end of the "process" I get an error saying that images (all of them) could not be exported. As far as I can tell the galleries are not being created either.

Syncing hierarchy brings same error as JayT here..

As far as I know, I never got Jay's catalog, so if you can provide it...I can attempt to track down that issue.

Thanks,

DAvid
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    As far as I know, I never got Jay's catalog, so if you can provide it...I can attempt to track down that issue.

Thanks,

DAvid

David, I uploaded it, but forgot to add the link to this thread. catalog was submitted by jason tanaka
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    David, I uploaded it, but forgot to add the link to this thread. catalog was submitted by jason tanaka

Hey Jason,

Luckily I found it :D

The provider doesn't actually tell us who submitted it, that why I was asking for a link to the dgrin thread, but only had to download a few catalogs until I found yours.

Thanks,

DAvid
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    hierarchy sync fails.

syncfailure-S.jpg

please grab 2.0.1.13, this should be fixed now.

Thanks for the catalog thumb.gif
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    please grab 2.0.1.13, this should be fixed now.

Thanks for the catalog thumb.gif

The .13 release seems to be working for me now -
    excellent work and thank you for your support.

Alan.
  • Options
    petes99petes99 Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited August 7, 2013
    .13 worked for me!

one note - I had to recreate the *new* galleries that i was trying to access during this episode. existing ones updated fine, as did the recreated ones.

thanks for the help David!
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    Dave,

As previously said ... many thanks for your support which has got me back up and running.

However, as previously said I think there is an issue with the handling of keywords.
    I have a set of photos (smart gallery at the LR end) which are all tagged with a keyword "Favourite_Chamonix_Plants_and_Wildlife" which has been set to not export ...

Capture.JPG

This has erroneously been published as a keyword on all my photos in the gallery on SmugMug ...
    http://alanandkate.smugmug.com/Winter-and-Chamonix/Chamonix-Plants--Wildlife/i-d8V3kNM

If I mark all these tagged photos as requiring republishing and then publish ... this keyword still remains on them in SmugMug.

If I attempt to force all the keywords to be updated by adding a new keyword ("XRepub") which is set to export then LR realises the images need republishing because of this, but if I republish they are all still tagged with "Favourite_Chamonix_Plants_and_Wildlife" and the new XRepub keyword.

Something is screwed up somewhere, hope this makes sense.

Should I raise this as a new problem thread or what - I appreciate you are undoubtedly very busy at the moment but I am also keen to ensure this gets looked at sometime and would at least like an acknowledgement for now.

Regards
    Alan.
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    Thanks David.

sync now completes but not working as expected. The progress bar increases and decreases as sync is running. Galleries I had to create using the web interface didn't show up in LR. When I created a new gallery and tried to upload (using the new plug-in) I get the following error.

i-Tv2CXML.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    Still not working for me. It does more than it did before, in that it appears to be working and uploading, but the galleries don't create in smugmug. If I click to abort, which I do because the computer seems to hang, I get the message that the upload failed and then it shows me a list of images that didn't successfully upload.
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    The progress bar increases and decreases as sync is running.
    This is normal behaviour now, because we now have 5 levels of hierarchy, I can no longer efficiently get someone's entire account in a single API request. So now I basically walk the branches of the tree as I go so I don't really know how many subfolders or albums I have to process until I get there.
    Galleries I had to create using the web interface didn't show up in LR.
    Please supply specific examples of which galleries are not showing up.
    When I created a new gallery and tried to upload (using the new plug-in) I get the following error.
    i-Tv2CXML.jpg

1. Please enable Logging in plugin from the Plugin Manager
    2. Click the "Reload Plug-in" button
    3. Reproduce that issue, if you can
    4. Locate the "SmugMug LrPublish.log" file in your documents directory.
    5. PM it to me

Thanks,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos