Never Ending Games Challenge Discussion Thread

1262728293032»

Comments

  • pegellipegelli Major grins BelgiumPosts: 2,790Registered Users Major grins

    @Jørgen_Bjerring said:

    @pegelli said:

    @Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    Spiral shape

    Next: baby blue

    I have difficulty spotting the spiral shape in there :/

    The stair tower is a square shaped spiral. If you draw a normal walking line in the tower you will see a rounded spiral ;)

    Yes, with some fantasy I can imagine that as a spiral, but it doesn't show as a spiral in the picture. However I don't know if that's a requirement :|

    Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • Jørgen_BjerringJørgen_Bjerring Copenhagen, DenmarkPosts: 3,102Registered Users Many Grins

    @pegelli said:

    @Jørgen_Bjerring said:

    @pegelli said:

    @Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    Spiral shape

    Next: baby blue

    I have difficulty spotting the spiral shape in there :/

    The stair tower is a square shaped spiral. If you draw a normal walking line in the tower you will see a rounded spiral ;)

    Yes, with some fantasy I can imagine that as a spiral, but it doesn't show as a spiral in the picture. However I don't know if that's a requirement :|

    Regarding requirement: I don't find it tremendously important. This is a game and there must be room for some fun, imagination and banter. :D o:)

    Jørgen Bjerring
    Photos: https://jb-photos.smugmug.com/
    The one who takes a joke only for a joke and seriousness only seriously he and she have got both badly. Grook by Piet Hein in my poor translation.

  • pegellipegelli Major grins BelgiumPosts: 2,790Registered Users Major grins

    @Jørgen_Bjerring said:

    @pegelli said:

    @Jørgen_Bjerring said:

    @pegelli said:

    @Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    Spiral shape

    Next: baby blue

    I have difficulty spotting the spiral shape in there :/

    The stair tower is a square shaped spiral. If you draw a normal walking line in the tower you will see a rounded spiral ;)

    Yes, with some fantasy I can imagine that as a spiral, but it doesn't show as a spiral in the picture. However I don't know if that's a requirement :|

    Regarding requirement: I don't find it tremendously important. This is a game and there must be room for some fun, imagination and banter. :D o:)

    I agree, it should be fun and it's not tremendously important, however part of the fun is to meet the challenge and not take it too liberal.

    Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • Jørgen_BjerringJørgen_Bjerring Copenhagen, DenmarkPosts: 3,102Registered Users Many Grins
    edited September 13, 2017

    @pegelli said:

    @Jørgen_Bjerring said:

    @pegelli said:

    @Jørgen_Bjerring said:

    @pegelli said:

    @Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    Spiral shape

    Next: baby blue

    I have difficulty spotting the spiral shape in there :/

    The stair tower is a square shaped spiral. If you draw a normal walking line in the tower you will see a rounded spiral ;)

    Yes, with some fantasy I can imagine that as a spiral, but it doesn't show as a spiral in the picture. However I don't know if that's a requirement :|

    Regarding requirement: I don't find it tremendously important. This is a game and there must be room for some fun, imagination and banter. :D o:)

    I agree, it should be fun and it's not tremendously important, however part of the fun is to meet the challenge and not take it too liberal.

    What is "too liberal"? The way especially x and z are handled in The Never Ending Alphabet Game Challenge! is very liberal. One of the important rules is "Make a title for your image with the word that starts with the current letter", but Roman numerals, onomatopoeia (ZZZZZZ ;) ), the physical appearance of x or z etc. are not titles or words.

    Jørgen Bjerring
    Photos: https://jb-photos.smugmug.com/
    The one who takes a joke only for a joke and seriousness only seriously he and she have got both badly. Grook by Piet Hein in my poor translation.

  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Major grins North Andover, MAPosts: 11,055Super Moderators moderator
    edited September 13, 2017

    @Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    What is "too liberal"? The way especially x and z are handled in The Never Ending Alphabet Game Challenge! is very liberal. One of the important rules is "Make a title for your image with the word that starts with the current letter", but Roman numerals, onomatopoeia (ZZZZZZ ;) ), the physical appearance of x or z etc. are not titles or words.

    In the case of the perpetual shapes, color, etc. thread I expect to see the shape requested in the photo. While I understand that looking within that square staircase you can imagine a spiral, I don't think that the photo shows a spiral.

    When I looked up the definition of spiral, I found this on wikipedia:

    In mathematics, a spiral is a curve which emanates from a point, moving farther away as it revolves around the point.

  • Jørgen_BjerringJørgen_Bjerring Copenhagen, DenmarkPosts: 3,102Registered Users Many Grins

    @denisegoldberg said:

    @Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    What is "too liberal"? The way especially x and z are handled in The Never Ending Alphabet Game Challenge! is very liberal. One of the important rules is "Make a title for your image with the word that starts with the current letter", but Roman numerals, onomatopoeia (ZZZZZZ ;) ), the physical appearance of x or z etc. are not titles or words.

    In the case of the perpetual shapes, color, etc. thread I expect to see the shape requested in the photo. While I understand that looking within that square staircase you can imagine a spiral, I don't think that the photo shows a spiral.

    When I looked up the definition of spiral, I found this on wikipedia:

    In mathematics, a spiral is a curve which emanates from a point, moving farther away as it revolves around the point.

    I have deleted my picture.

    Jørgen Bjerring
    Photos: https://jb-photos.smugmug.com/
    The one who takes a joke only for a joke and seriousness only seriously he and she have got both badly. Grook by Piet Hein in my poor translation.

  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Major grins North Andover, MAPosts: 11,055Super Moderators moderator

    @Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    I have deleted my picture.

    You have so many cool photos that I'm surprised you didn't have a spiral to replace it with. I was able to find one so hopefully you will jump back in!

  • Jørgen_BjerringJørgen_Bjerring Copenhagen, DenmarkPosts: 3,102Registered Users Many Grins

    @denisegoldberg said:

    @Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    I have deleted my picture.

    You have so many cool photos that I'm surprised you didn't have a spiral to replace it with. I was able to find one so hopefully you will jump back in!

    Jørgen Bjerring
    Photos: https://jb-photos.smugmug.com/
    The one who takes a joke only for a joke and seriousness only seriously he and she have got both badly. Grook by Piet Hein in my poor translation.

  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Major grins North Andover, MAPosts: 11,055Super Moderators moderator

    @Jørgen_Bjerring said:

    @denisegoldberg said:

    @Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    I have deleted my picture.

    You have so many cool photos that I'm surprised you didn't have a spiral to replace it with. I was able to find one so hopefully you will jump back in!

    Almost camoflaged, but I see it!

  • Jørgen_BjerringJørgen_Bjerring Copenhagen, DenmarkPosts: 3,102Registered Users Many Grins

    @denisegoldberg said:

    @Jørgen_Bjerring said:

    @denisegoldberg said:

    @Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    I have deleted my picture.

    You have so many cool photos that I'm surprised you didn't have a spiral to replace it with. I was able to find one so hopefully you will jump back in!

    Almost camoflaged, but I see it!

    You can have a more visible too.

    Jørgen Bjerring
    Photos: https://jb-photos.smugmug.com/
    The one who takes a joke only for a joke and seriousness only seriously he and she have got both badly. Grook by Piet Hein in my poor translation.

  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Major grins North Andover, MAPosts: 11,055Super Moderators moderator

    @Jørgen_Bjerring said:

    You can have a more visible too.

    I really like this one! There is definitely a lot to look at.

Sign In or Register to comment.