Options

[Implemented] Remove the 255 keyword list limit

Comments

• Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2013
    If Lamah's keyword hack is placed on the keyword page the keyword "cloud" is above the thumbs.

Oh, I hadn't noticed that. Add this CSS to hide it:
    body.sm-page-gallery-keyword .sm-page-widget-feed {
        display: none;
    }

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited December 7, 2013
    Lamah wrote: »
    Oh, I hadn't noticed that. Add this CSS to hide it:
    body.sm-page-gallery-keyword .sm-page-widget-feed {
        display: none;
    }

Thanks Lamah, that's perfect!

--- Denise
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2013
    I finally created a new page for this. I put my manually created keyword box on it and this box under it.
    The new box is only for me when logged in so I hide it from the public. But at least I can see all
    public KW's and it's helps me keep my manual list up to date.
    Clicking a KW link in either box opens the default KW page with only the gallery, no cloud, no KW boxes.
    I removed the breadcrumb on the default KW page. I added an html box at the top with a link back to
    my new page. There is also a link back in my top menu.

I have not unveiled because I need to see the KW full list "logged in" in legacy. This is the only place to
    check KW's from passworded galleries and I've been working on family photos.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2013
    It was all going so well, but now I've noticed a couple of odd things.

Clicking on any keyword on my Site Keywords page, the matching image thumbs and the first image display showing any "related" and "combine with" keywords, but the selected keyword itself doesn't show. Where might that have gone? The only CSS I have for my Site Keywords page is:
    .sm-page-widget-feed .sm-feed-item-description {
    	max-width: none !important;
    }
    .sm-page-widget-3997660 a {
       color: #777 !important;
    }
    .sm-page-widget-3997660 a :hover,
    .sm-page-widget-3997660 a:hover {
       color: #64E0FF !important;
    }

And, what's more, the usual link with the name of the gallery the displayed image appears in, which normally shows under the caption, is also missing, but a comments box (which I don't want and seems irrelevant there anyway) shows up!

Are these problems related to the changes I have made, or are there other reasons I need to go looking for?
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2013
    It was all going so well, but now I've noticed a couple of odd things.

Clicking on any keyword on my Site Keywords page, the matching image thumbs and the first image display showing any "related" and "combine with" keywords, but the selected keyword itself doesn't show. Where might that have gone?
    I just took a look on both your site and mine. It appears that the selected keyword is only shown in the breadcrumb and it looks like you have removed that from your page. But that's really odd since it is on your other pages. I wonder, is there something that is shifting your keyword results up on the page and causing the breadcrumb not to show?

I don't see the original gallery link on either of our pages but in my case I suspect it's because I am using collage landscape and the links are missing from that style.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2013
    I'm using a page for my keywords and they open on the /keyword page.

This will only show the keyword part of the breadcrumb for a keyword gallery.
    Hides the path.
    Put this in you "all galleries" CSS.
    .sm-page-gallery-keyword .sm-breadcrumb {visibility: hidden;}
    .sm-page-gallery-keyword .sm-breadcrumb h1 {visibility: visible;}

• Options
    edited December 7, 2013
    I just took a look on both your site and mine. It appears that the selected keyword is only shown in the breadcrumb and it looks like you have removed that from your page.
    Thanks, Denise. That page results from a keyword search. I don't understand how I have or could have removed the breadcrumb from that page?
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    I'm using a page for my keywords and they open on the /keyword page.

This will only show the keyword part of the breadcrumb for a keyword gallery.
    Put this in you "all galleries" CSS.
    .sm-page-gallery-keyword .sm-breadcrumb h1 {visibility: visible;}

Thanks. I'm loathe to adjust the breadcrumb for "all galleries" when it's working fine for regular galleries! I need to think about that! eek7.gif
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2013
    Thanks, Denise. That page results from a keyword search. I don't understand how I have or could have removed the breadcrumb from that page?
    I don't understand either!

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2013
    The adding this CSS to the "Just this Page" on the /keyword page

.sm-page-gallery-keyword .sm-breadcrumb h1 { text-transform: capitalize;}
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2013
    Thanks. I'm loathe to adjust the breadcrumb for "all galleries" when it's working fine for regular galleries! I need to think about that! eek7.gif
    This only applies to /keyword pages.

.sm-page-gallery-keyword

I just moved this to "Just this Page" on a /keyword page and it stills works.

.sm-page-gallery-keyword .sm-breadcrumb h1 {
       visibility: visible;
       text-transform: capitalize;
    }

• Options
    edited December 8, 2013
    Yeah, SmugMug shows that they last generated your sitemap on 2013-11-29, or perhaps the day before, depending on timezones. I'm not sure how frequently it is regenerated on average....
    Just checked and this showed. Looks like yesterday.
    <lastmod>2013-12-07T07:06:07-08:00</lastmod>
    Is that the latest? The keyword list did not update.
  • Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2013
    Allen, my server itself had a cache of the SmugMug data with a 2 day expiry set on it. I've dropped that expiry time down to 1 day and flushed the cache now, so you should see it updated.
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2013
    Allen, my server itself had a cache of the SmugMug data with a 2 day expiry set on it. I've dropped that expiry time down to 1 day and flushed the cache now, so you should see it updated.
    Thanks, looks good now.

I haven't unveiled so I can go to legacy and get the full list for now. So this is not really needed at this
    time, just interesting to see. If loading there becomes a problem I can remove the hack.
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2013
    I thought I had everything perfect - all the codes you folks dreamed up, worked. Got my font size bigger, changed hover color.

But to add the URL to a menu, isn't working. I see there is no actual gallery I can click to add to the menu, so I added the URL as a custom one. But that results in page not found.

How do I make the link work in a navbar?
    It's the SM official Keyword (not Keywords or keywords or keywords) URL.

Thanks - and Lamah, my jaw has dropped several times on DG watching what you produce "in two hours". Awesome.
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    How do I make the link work in a navbar?
    It's the SM official Keyword (not Keywords or keywords or keywords) URL.
    Did you try http://www.joinrats.com/keyword? Note that it is a smug URL so the first letter is lower case.

I don't have my keyword page in my nav but it is linked from my kaleidoscope page and that format of URL worked.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2013
    Did you try http://www.joinrats.com/keyword? Note that it is a smug URL so the first letter is lower case.

I don't have my keyword page in my nav but it is linked from my kaleidoscope page and that format of URL worked.

--- Denise

Thanks, Denise, that did it. I could have sworn it was Keyword. Happy to be wrong.
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2013
    I might have missed something else. When I click a keyword, the full list of keywords is still in place. At first I thought I hadn't obtained results, but I scrolled down and found the photo results.

I put in the code to remove the 2nd keyword default cloud, so I do see only one set of keywords.

Aren't I supposed to see a page with just the keyword that I clicked, related keyword combos, and the found photo results?

If what I see is what should be, then I should add language at the top along the lines of "After clicking a keyword, scroll to the bottom of the page to see results."

Can I modify how the thumbnail results appear? I was hoping to add space between each, and also see the titles and/or captions, beneath each photo. They are just square thumbnails jammed up against each other, the grey hover partial title showing on each thumb.
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2013
    Maybe clicking a keyword could be set to open to a new page? Idea being to leave the keyword list itself behind?
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2013
    I might have missed something else. When I click a keyword, the full list of keywords is still in place. At first I thought I hadn't obtained results, but I scrolled down and found the photo results.
    I think you're missing the code from this post.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2013
    I think you're missing the code from this post.

--- Denise

Yes I was!
    Is there a way to hide the "add to cart" blue button? These photos are not for sale and I have the buy options set to off on all galleries. This gallery - we can't tweak settings so is there CSS for that?
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2013
    Can I center the results? Both the set of keyword-combo terms, and the set of thumbnails? Right now the whole page content is flush left.

EDIT: Maybe I mean, move the left margin further RIGHT.
    RIGHT.
    Geez, RIGHT. lol.
    I don't need the keywords to center, I just need all the content moved RIGHT.
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2013
    Allen, FYI I edited a few keywords via:
    - clicked a keyword
    - opened photo in lightbox
    - edited via settings/photo details

I added "; " semi space after each LAST photo which I clicked through in lightbox mode.
    Unfortunately, the semis didn't stick.
    I checked multiple photos and they remained missing.

I mention this because you're good with keyword formatting rules, and I saw in some other post you recommended adding a last comma or semi. I always add the last one so i was really surprised it was missing in the photos I was editing. One of them did have a last semi, so it wasn't that ALL last semis had been stripped. I wonder if this is a behavior limited to the avenue I took to edit them. I haven't got time to try a different route.

EDITED: This issue is in regards to the last keyword in a bunch, the last semi.
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2013
    Anytime you go into photo tools edit check the last keyword for an ending last ;
    This should only apply if the last one is a multi-word KW.
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2013
    Anytime you go into photo tools edit check the last keyword for an ending last ;
    This should only apply if the last one is a multi-word KW.

Are you saying it's normal to have the last semi stripped by SM if the word is a single word?
    The last word was single in these cases.
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2013
    Looks to me like the last ; is missing almost every time. Only worry about multi-word's last though.
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2013
    Looks to me like the last ; is missing almost every time. Only worry about multi-word's last though.

Thanks, Allen. Thank goodness for Legacy so we can edit bulk keywords, by gallery at least.
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2013
    Thanks, Allen. Thank goodness for Legacy so we can edit bulk keywords, by gallery at least.
    NewSmug Go to organizer
    click wrench
    edit caption/keyword bulk
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2013
    If it is a keyword gallery create a smart gallery using the keyword and bulk edit.
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2013
    If it is a keyword gallery create a smart gallery using the keyword and bulk edit.

You read my mind, how cool is that.