Options

Show Us Your New SmugMug Customized Sites!

Comments

• Options
    fabthifabthi Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2013
    ko04 wrote: »
    Hey I visited your site and I agree its very simple and to the point which is nice. One thing though on my 27in mac your home page slideshow the facebook button is in the middle of the images. Not sure if its just my screen or not but might want to look at that. Another thing I found myself lost on how to get back to your home page I figured it out but for less tech savvy people if they want to go back there they might not figure it out. Just a few thoughts for what they are worth.

Hi Keith
    thanks for your kind and helpful opinion!
    Yes I noticed myself the issue about the FB logo; I have a 20" iMac, it's ok when viewed on Firefox but then the logo is on the lower edge of slideshow in Safari. Looks fine on a 15" Windows laptop and on my iPad too, altough the homepage layout behavior seems a bit inhomogeneous dipending on the device ne_nau.gif
    That's perhaps because I am using the Full Width Slideshow (this thread) which probably needs better adjustments than what I could achieve so far.
    You're right, a HOME link in the menu would help those less tech skilled, then I'll put it back in the navbar mwink.gif
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2013
    fabthi wrote: »
    Hi Keith
    thanks for your kind and helpful opinion!
    Yes I noticed myself the issue about the FB logo; I have a 20" iMac, it's ok when viewed on Firefox but then the logo is on the lower edge of slideshow in Safari. Looks fine on a 15" Windows laptop and on my iPad too, altough the homepage layout behavior seems a bit inhomogeneous dipending on the device ne_nau.gif
    That's perhaps because I am using the Full Width Slideshow (this thread) which probably needs better adjustments than what I could achieve so far.
    You're right, a HOME link in the menu would help those less tech skilled, then I'll put it back in the navbar mwink.gif

I'm not sure I see the same issue as I'm on a laptop, but - but, why, when I scroll, do your top and bottom sections (navbar and FB), scroll up and out of sight, but the center images, don't move? If I scroll up, the FB icon moves onto the fixed images.
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    ......... If I scroll up, the FB icon moves onto the fixed images.
    Yes, that's what is happening in fact headscratch.gif
    Do you have any idea on how to fix this? mwink.gif
  • Options
    hbphotohbphoto Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited November 17, 2013
    Hello:

I came across this post and your website. When I click on Portfolio, I noticed that your thumbnails display the name of the gallery on the photo with a transparent background.

How did you accomplish this? I can't seem to find the setting for including this option.

Thanks for your time.
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2013
    Yes, that's what is happening in fact headscratch.gif
    Do you have any idea on how to fix this? mwink.gif

Not sure... try the Layout tab - do you have "fixed", or what do you have for fill height, or - if your center content IS fixed, what happens if you PIN off for top and bottom?
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2013
    hbphoto wrote: »
    Hello:I came across this post and your website......
    Which post and website?
  • Options
    macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2013
    Living in Venice is certainly a lucky circumstance but it has, from a photography pesrpective, pros and cons. It surely is a magic and inspiring place but it is also a place photographed gazillion times and sometime I find it very hard to do something that hasn't been already done!

I thought you might say that - and I agree it is a difficulty in a tourist location to do something different. As you probably noticed I do a lot of close-up work, and I think I would try that in Venice. There must be great opportunities for colourful and interesting close-up images. Or perhaps more abstract interpretations? Like this one... http://blog.imaginevenice.com/2013/08/28/83-a-fragile-beauty/
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .
  • Options
    CarosuCarosu Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited November 17, 2013
    I finally managed to get Shadowbox to fade in and out when you hover your cursor over it but I have a feeling I have overdone the code a tad haha. Anyone know if there is a way to slim down this some? Not sure how to put the shadow box on all images with Lightbox as I have to do it seperatly.

You can see it here: http://carosu.smugmug.com/Gallery

The Code:
    /* Shadow Lightbox */
    .sm-lightbox-image {
    margin: 0 0 32px 32px;
    box-shadow: 7px 7px 5px #888;
    }

/* Shadow Thumbnails and Gallery */
    .sm-tiles-list .sm-tile .sm-tile-content {
    box-shadow: 7px 7px 5px #888;
    }

/* Fadeout Shadow */
    .sm-tiles-list .sm-tile .sm-tile-content:hover {
    box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px #888;
    -webkit-transition: all 0.15s ease-in;
    -moz-transition: all 0.15s ease-in;
    transition: all 0.15 ease-in;
    }
    .sm-user-ui .sm-tiles .sm-tile-content {
    -webkit-transition: all 0.15s ease-in;
    -moz-transition: all 0.15s ease-in;
    transition: all 0.15 ease-in;
    }
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2013
    Carosu wrote: »
    I finally managed to get Shadowbox to fade in and out when you hover your cursor over it but I have a feeling I have overdone the code a tad haha. Anyone know if there is a way to slim down this some? Not sure how to put the shadow box on all images with Lightbox as I have to do it seperatly.

You can see it here: http://carosu.smugmug.com/Gallery

The Code:

I like it. :)
    Any way you can slow down the fade-out effect? It zooms out. Slower would be more elegant.
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    I like it. :)
    Any way you can slow down the fade-out effect? It zooms out. Slower would be more elegant.

Yes ofc the 0.15 sec just change it to what you want. Will be doing fine tuning after when I have change the stuff I want first. All this code can be found in alot of places I just copy and past and combine and hope it work :D
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2013
    Carosu wrote: »
    Yes ofc the 0.15 sec just change it to what you want. Will be doing fine tuning after when I have change the stuff I want first. All this code can be found in alot of places I just copy and past and combine and hope it work :D

Me TOO. You grin but I often sob.
  • Options
    TallPhotoGuyTallPhotoGuy Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2013
    How do you do round corners on pictures. Thanks
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2013
    How do you do round corners on pictures. Thanks
    Add this to your CSS
    /* Round image corners and displayed in the Lightbox */ .sm-lightbox-image {     border:1px solid #c2c2c4;       border-radius:8px; /* round off the corners*/     max-width: 90%;     box-shadow: 8px 20px 18px -10px rgba(0,0,0,0.7);     }

Thanks to macromeister for this piece of work
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2013
    Isn't it a way to change the color in a text box? Not using color themes and such?
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,242 moderator
    edited November 18, 2013
    To all of the folks who are posting customization questions in this thread:

If you have customization questions please post them in a new thread.

This thread is for showing off new sites; asking questions here makes it less likely that the new sites will be seen.

Thanks!

--- Denise
  • Options
    southeasternphotographysoutheasternphotography Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2013
    And less likely the right person will check this site and be able to answer your question!
  • Options
    ko04ko04 Registered Users Posts: 370 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2013
    I like to ask every now and then to see what people think of my site to get the thoughts of the newer people that are on this form so I thought I'd do this now since my time will be limited soon being I will be a new dad very soon! Any insight would be great as always I welcome anything! Here is my site www.k-ophotography.com
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2013
    ko04 wrote: »
    I like to ask every now and then to see what people think of my site to get the thoughts of the newer people that are on this form so I thought I'd do this now since my time will be limited soon being I will be a new dad very soon! Any insight would be great as always I welcome anything! Here is my site www.k-ophotography.com
    Aha! Congrats for your upcoming fatherhood clap.gifclap!!!!
    I see sleepless nights in your near future but also a lot lot of joy and happiness wings.gif
    As for your website, I do like it except for the black background but this is a very subjective point of view; if you can, I would suggest you to expand your wedding gallery with more images as people like to see a wider variety of pictures when it comes to select a wedding photographer for their event.
    Just my two cents, hope it helps!

Fabio
  • Options
    PhotoimpressiaPhotoimpressia Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 19, 2013
    Love your new website. Just started to look at New smugmug and unfortunately found myself lost.
    Can you recommend me what to start with?
  • Options
    digitalpinsdigitalpins Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2013
    Just finished up a new design, this is my second new design since the new smugmug layouts, Im like the new colors here alot more, before my website was alot of white color and a very light shade of grade. I think this works better with my photos.

lamontphotography
    www.lamontphotography.com
    Canon 60D
    Canon Rebel XTi (400)
    Canon 10-22mm, Canon 50mm f/1.8 II
    MacBook, MacPro
  • Options
    linyangchenlinyangchen Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited November 19, 2013
    Ryan,

I have only two complaints... eek7.gif

1. The 'About' tab gives us two options, guestbook or contact, neither at which I can read more about you. headscratch.gif Perhaps add that as a third option?

2. When I click 'Contact Me', the destination page no longer has your navbar, causing me to 'lose' the navigation and have to use the browser's back button to go back to your pictures. How about adding the navbar to the contact page, or making the contact page open in a new tab (also possibly with the FB/Twitter/Instagram, so as to keep your SmugMug site open)?

Very nice website, thumb.gif I like the visual and structural simplicity and orthogonality of everything, somewhat like the Tate Modern. Also the sophisticated slate grey, one of my favourite colours. clap.gif

Yangchen
    where Photons meet Black Holes
    www.linyangchen.com
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2013
    Thank you, I will look into... Weird the contact me should have opened the contact form and just hitting cancel, your still on the page you were viewing. Thats what i get but I will investigate on other computers to see.

EDIT: I also re-arranged the contact me an about me to make it less confusing

EDIT: lol I fixed the Social Icons to open a new tab...lol all this time I did not notice the option to open in a new tab.

And thank you on the compliments wings.gif
    Canon 60D
    Canon Rebel XTi (400)
    MacBook, MacPro
  • Options
    ko04ko04 Registered Users Posts: 370 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2013
    Aha! Congrats for your upcoming fatherhood clap.gifclap!!!!
    I see sleepless nights in your near future but also a lot lot of joy and happiness wings.gif
    As for your website, I do like it except for the black background but this is a very subjective point of view; if you can, I would suggest you to expand your wedding gallery with more images as people like to see a wider variety of pictures when it comes to select a wedding photographer for their event.
    Just my two cents, hope it helps!

Fabio
    Thank you very much for your thoughts and the congrats. I am looking forward to this new chapter of my life and on the photography side of things to photograph my child. As far as my site I appreciate your thoughts once again and I will definitely work on that since I got a bunch of photo's I want to add.
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,458 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2013
    Just finished up a new design, this is my second new design since the new smugmug layouts, Im like the new colors here alot more, before my website was alot of white color and a very light shade of grade. I think this works better with my photos.

lamontphotography

© 2014 eek7.gif
  • Options
    pbskypbsky Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 20, 2013
    love the homepage
    Love it. Definitely fresh and exciting with great colors. Great job.

Here is my New Smugmug site as it stands, not very much customization going on except for the wufoo contact form work around. Really happy with the site and switch-over so far. Let me know what you think!

Site ---> www.jarboedoggart.com

Jeff i love the new site and the homepage is really awesome how the picture "comes at you". How did you make that happen?
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2013
    © 2014 eek7.gif

lol thanks just jumping ahead I will change it back only a lil over a month to go
    Canon 60D
    Canon Rebel XTi (400)
    MacBook, MacPro
  • Options
    linyangchenlinyangchen Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited November 20, 2013
    Thank you, I will look into... Weird the contact me should have opened the contact form and just hitting cancel, your still on the page you were viewing. Thats what i get but I will investigate on other computers to see.

Ryan, apologies for the confusion on the above - I hadn't thought of hitting cancel, which would probably have, as you intended, brought me back to the page I was viewing, so there's no problem with that. Having a navbar on all pages might make it slightly easier to go direct from anywhere to anywhere on your site mwink.gif

Yangchen
    where Photons meet Black Holes
    www.linyangchen.com
  • Options
    amf digital mediaamf digital media Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited November 20, 2013
    OK, aside from adding some copy & images, better matching up my Blogger site, and possibly re-working the nav a bit... I'm DONE! For now, at least. You can check it out here: http://www.amfdigitalmedia.com/ Let me know what you think!

PS If anyone can offer some insight on how to get the Blog Titles in the bottom left hand corner of my homepage to link, it would be much appreciated.
  • Options
    bsharpbsharp Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited November 21, 2013
    Love it. Definitely fresh and exciting with great colors. Great job.

Here is my New Smugmug site as it stands, not very much customization going on except for the wufoo contact form work around. Really happy with the site and switch-over so far. Let me know what you think!

Jef,
    I really like your site. I tried to get my Home Page slideshow to take up the entire window, but was unable to do so. Which template/theme did you use?
    Thanks,
    Brad Sharp
    http://www.bsharpphotography.com
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2013

Very good job!
    Only, I did look carefully but I can't find anywhere within your website a mention about your actual location.
    Is it intentional or just an oversight?