Visiting the Ministry of Chocolate and Culinary events
Here are my bike photos
While on a bike ride last spring, we spotted this old-timer and had to stop and photograph and talk with the owner.
Take a break, check your phone
A bicycle and a tricycle during the Antwerp 10 miles
More platonic bicycles
Q: What's a tricycle?
A: A bicycle with three wheels!
The Peloton. One of the six King of the Mountain climbs - Amgen Tour of 2012 in Mariposa County (California).
A couple from Dolomites Bike Day. For the first time we took part in this fun event - 51km of pass roads closed to auto traffic for 6 hours. 51km, 3 passes, 1370m ascent/1370m descent - most of this circuit is ridden in the Giro d'Italia
In all honesty I have to admit that my e-bike battery gave out about 100m of elevation before the 2nd pass (the 2nd and 3rd passes being only 1.5 km /70m elev. apart) so I was bummed not to ride the entire circuit and miss that last big descent. But honestly, 1200 m of ascent for someone of my age (60+) and condition (not exactly slender...) is pretty good. My partner who at over 70 was one of the elders of the tour made it in 3 hours with flying colors (also with e-bike).
1) first thing in the morning the roads were pretty full
2) the first fairly steep ascent
3) shortly before the 1st pass (Campolongo), this long, gradual climb nearly did me in. So I took time to appreciate the scenery.
4) that's my bike in the foreground
5) the scenery was fairly picture-perfect
6) the descents were pretty fun although I liberally used my brakes. the wannabe "Giro d'Italia" riders on their road bikes whizzed past me.
7) there were lots and lots and lots of steep switchbacks
8) but occasionally a chance to fill up the water bottle
9) great views
10) the end of my day's journey :-( . the 2nd summit is just out of the picture in the upper right. I waited here until the roads were opened again and my partner could drive back up the pass to pick me up.
All in all an exhausting but fun experience. And the scenery was simply incredible.
The full gallery can be viewed here:
Great series and reportage Sara, I enjoyed every picture.