Options

Send to Smugmug - Upload Tool

Comments

• Options
    shahineoshahineo Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited October 10, 2007
    With respect to the previous issue this is a known bug of mine, make sure that there is something selected in all the drop down menus (I thin the template one or sort order is probably blank).

With respect to the beta issue, that's a new one.. it's odd that it's reporting that a dll was not installed. Can you try the non beta version again?
  • Options
    swab29swab29 Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited October 10, 2007
    shahineo wrote:
    With respect to the previous issue this is a known bug of mine, make sure that there is something selected in all the drop down menus (I thin the template one or sort order is probably blank).

With respect to the beta issue, that's a new one.. it's odd that it's reporting that a dll was not installed. Can you try the non beta version again?

Halelujiah! I am back in action. Man that usually is filled, so I never notieced that before. Also I had an older version adn when I checked for updates, It said I had the latest. Is that working too?
  • Options
    edited October 10, 2007
    swab29 wrote:
    Halelujiah! I am back in action. Man that usually is filled, so I never notieced that before. Also I had an older version adn when I checked for updates, It said I had the latest. Is that working too?

That's great. I have not updated the version yet that my app checks for because I wanted to do a few more things first, hence the beta.
  • Options
    ComfortComfort Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited November 28, 2007
    Watermark
    I have created my own custom watermark but I cant for the life of me work out how to use this when I upload using sendtosmugmug. Is there a way to select one of the customize gallery quick settings (ie. smugmug default or one I have saved) rather than manually change the settings each time.

If I select watermark in sendtosmugmug settings sometimes it applies the standard "proof" and sometimes it does not (the setting is correctly allocated but the pictures have no watermarks).

Any ideas?
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2007
    Comfort wrote:
    I have created my own custom watermark but I cant for the life of me work out how to use this when I upload using sendtosmugmug. Is there a way to select one of the customize gallery quick settings (ie. smugmug default or one I have saved) rather than manually change the settings each time.

If I select watermark in sendtosmugmug settings sometimes it applies the standard "proof" and sometimes it does not (the setting is correctly allocated but the pictures have no watermarks).

Any ideas?

Hmm, I have never tried watermarking myself. I'll try it out myself and see what's a foot.

BTW, there is no way to set customize settings right now, I plan to add that in the future.
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2007
    New Send to SmugMug
    Hi All-

for the past few months I've been working on an upgrade to Send to SmugMug. I did a lot of work under the hood to imporve upload issues as well as many bugs in the application. I also added a host of new features that SmuMug has rolled out over the past 2 years. My application was really lagging. Finally support for Vista and 64 bit is complete.

You can find the latest build here:

http://www.shahine.com/garage/content/SendToSmugMug.aspx

and keep on top of news and updates here:

http://www.shahine.com/garage/blogs/

Let me know if you have any problems.

-Omar
  • Options
    DSADSA Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited December 31, 2007
    Hi Omar,

Does "Send to Smugmug" do anything with the Keywords when images are uploaded?

I am having trouble getting keywords in "quotes" to appear on smugmug when uploading using StS. When the image is uploaded using Olde Faithful the quoted keyword appears.
    Here's an example: http://dsa.smugmug.com/gallery/4087020
    Same image, same keywords in the EXIF, but the "80 400VR" does not appear when StS is used.
    I'm using version 1.1.7336.0.

Thanks

Daniel
  • Options
    Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    Send to smuggy
    HI there,
    Is there anyway that when I choose to upload my pictures via "send to smugmug" that as I create a new gallery that I can set the watermark that I want? Currently all it gives to me as an option is "watermark" which gives me the big "proof" default watermark.

Thank you very much for your help
    Heather
  • Options
    feivelfeivel Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited January 8, 2008
    send to smugmug, spyware?
    im not making any accusations
    just a question
    could be a coincidence

but shortly after i upgraded to the new version of "send to smugmug"
    i started getting a program called "pif web crawler" trying to access the internet twice a day or more. being stopped only by zonealarm.
    has anyone else experienced this.
    i tried googling pif web crawler, but didnt get much
    does any one know omar the creator of send to smugmug? who could email him about this?

thanks
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2008
    feivel wrote:
    im not making any accusations
    just a question
    could be a coincidence

but shortly after i upgraded to the new version of "send to smugmug"
    i started getting a program called "pif web crawler" trying to access the internet twice a day or more. being stopped only by zonealarm.
    has anyone else experienced this.
    i tried googling pif web crawler, but didnt get much
    does any one know omar the creator of send to smugmug? who could email him about this?

thanks

Hey-

I've never heard of pif web crawler and it's not something I install. Did you install anything else at the time?

-Omar
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2008
    DSA wrote:
    Hi Omar,

I am having trouble getting keywords in "quotes" to appear on smugmug when uploading using StS. When the image is uploaded using Olde Faithful the quoted keyword appears.
    Same image, same keywords in the EXIF, but the "80 400VR" does not appear when StS is used.

Thanks

Daniel

that is probably a bug. I will look into this. thanks for reporting.
  • Options
    feivelfeivel Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited January 9, 2008
    shahineo wrote:
    Hey-

I've never heard of pif web crawler and it's not something I install. Did you install anything else at the time?

-Omar

it began right after i installed send to smug
    but ive been doing some investigating
    seems its something symantec antivirus uses
    not sure exactly yet
    but the send to smug connection turns out just to be coincidental
    why this webcrawler never showed up before, i dont know

thanks
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2008
    NikonGirl wrote:
    I am right-clicking on the filename, not the image. The menu does include a selection for "Send to Smugmug", but again, when I click on it nothing happens. I have tried removing the program, then reinstalling it, and same thing. Nothing happens. It worked great when I first installed it - but it just doesn't seem to work now. Any suggestions? Again, I'd really like to know if anybody else has had this problem and how it was solved.

Thanks!

Just to be sure, this is a jpg you are right clicking on.

if you right click on the folder that it's in, does it work?
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2008
    DSA wrote:
    Hi Omar,

Thanks

Daniel

Daniel, what program are you using to write these keywords? The keyword in quotes is no where in the XMP meta data for the photo, as such Send to smugmug ingores it (if XMP meta data exists, I don't bother to look at the EXIF keywords).

I was able to get it to work by using Adobe Lightroom or Windows Photo Gallery to enter a keyword with quotes.
  • Options
    DSADSA Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited January 25, 2008
    shahineo wrote:
    Daniel, what program are you using to write these keywords? The keyword in quotes is no where in the XMP meta data for the photo, as such Send to smugmug ingores it (if XMP meta data exists, I don't bother to look at the EXIF keywords).

I was able to get it to work by using Adobe Lightroom or Windows Photo Gallery to enter a keyword with quotes.
    I use a Perl library to automatically enter the the quoted keyword based on the lens used.
    I didn't realise there were different duplicated fields. I guess the Smugmug processing engine must use the EXIF in preference to the XMP data.

So if I was to remove all the XMP data, then Send to Smugmug would use the EXIF data? I might make that change prior to uploading.

Thanks

Daniel
  • Options
    Picture GuyPicture Guy Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited February 20, 2008
    Smugmug Upload Tool -- Need Help
    I have been using the Smugmug Upload Tool for years & it works great when you are working with a BATCH of photos to be uploaded all at once. However for some reason, it quit working.

Now, when I go TO ANY FOLDER and right click on it --- I get error codes & it has been a pain to work with. I have even totally removed it with Advanced Uninstaller & it then reinstalled it, & I still get the same errors.

The error say "the application generated an enscription that could not be handled" whatever that means. ne_nau.gif Then it say JIT debugger is not availabe --- which makes sense since I don't know how to use it.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?
    Thank for the help
    Picture Guy

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    Send to Smugmug - go to here:
    http://wiki.smugmug.com/display/SmugMug/Hacks+and+Apps

and click Omar's link for SendToSmugMug and get the freshest version, that's a start. Ask any more questions in this thread.
  • Options
    johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2008
    upload problems
    Anyone else having any problems with uploading? Im trying to upload photos using sendtosmugmug. The application is sending duplicates of every photo. I'v stopped the app, shut down my PC and restarted but still same problem. I'm using that app because I've been using it for over a year and as I recall it is the only method that allows unlimited number of photos and bytes. I downloaded a new version of the software sometime in the last few weeks but this didn't happen last time I used it.

Anyone encounter this before?
  • Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 9, 2008
    johng wrote:
    Anyone else having any problems with uploading? Im trying to upload photos using sendtosmugmug. The application is sending duplicates of every photo. I'v stopped the app, shut down my PC and restarted but still same problem. I'm using that app because I've been using it for over a year and as I recall it is the only method that allows unlimited number of photos and bytes. I downloaded a new version of the software sometime in the last few weeks but this didn't happen last time I used it.

Anyone encounter this before?

Hi,

Can you check to make sure you have the most recent version of Send to SmugMug?

http://www.shahine.com/garage/content/SendToSmugMug.aspx

Our Simple uploader allows unlimited uploading :)

http://www.smugmug.com/help/upload-pictures
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2008
    Thanks Barb. I switched to using the simpler uploader and it worked fine. I did verify last night I have the most recent version. I had used it about 2 weeks ago and did not have this problem. Now that I know the simple uploader supports unlimited files I'll just use it so I'm using a supported piece of software.

Thanks again,

John
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2008
    Still having the issue. I see from Omar's site that at least one other person is having the same issue although there has been no response from Omar in the last 2 days on it. Is there a way to get the old version of his tool?
  • Options
    ComfortComfort Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    johng wrote:
    Still having the issue. I see from Omar's site that at least one other person is having the same issue although there has been no response from Omar in the last 2 days on it. Is there a way to get the old version of his tool?

I am getting duplicates as well .... sometimes everyone is duplicated and sometimes about 30%

I am using the latest STS version and Vista 64 bit.
  • Options
    DilipDilip Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited March 18, 2008
    (Minor) problem of being put into generic smugmug.com after upload
    I've happily been using SendToSmugmug for quite a while (since at least sometime in 2006). I recently had to rebuild my WinXP Professional system on a new hard disk, and since then I'm having a minor problem. SendToSmugmug (I think I have the most recent version as a link is included that says something like 'no new updates') does its job fine, but often (and not always - ?) it takes me when it's done to www.smugmug.com instead of my dilipb.smugmug.com or its alias photos.dilip.info . What might I be doing wrong? Thanks.
  • Options
    JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    'Send to Smugmug' issue
    Thirteen photos were queued to upload to a gallery in 'send to smugmug', but after 41 minutes, only two photos showed up there. headscratch.gif Is there an ongoing problem with that uploader? I can't seem to find any other similar complaints.
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2008
    Guess no one else is having this issue...
    Jen

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2008
    JenW wrote:
    Guess no one else is having this issue...
    See the hacks forum, there has been some problems reported there.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2008
    Thanks, Allen. I'll check it out...
    Jen

• Options
    edited March 28, 2008
    Is anyone having a problem with the send to smugmug app saying it's uploading all the photos during, but afterwards it says it's only uploaded, say, 2 of the 13 photos in the batch.

edit: btw, whoever moved my original post, thanks, but next time please just let me know you've done that with a quick little 30 second private message or something. I was a bit confused when looking for my original thread. Thanks.
    Jen

• Options
    MRudlandMRudland Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    Send To Smugmug...I can't get it to work
    It used to work and then I had a 'puter crash this morning and had to reload the entire system. Now, I can't seem to getthe send to smugmug download to work.
    Can anyone guide me?
    Michelle
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    MRudland wrote:
    It used to work and then I had a 'puter crash this morning and had to reload the entire system. Now, I can't seem to getthe send to smugmug download to work.
    Can anyone guide me?
    Michelle
    Hi, for those that want to help you, please give lots of details... thanks. What does "can't get it to work mean, exactly? What happens?"