Options

smughack: bulk zoom thumbnail (super deluxe version)

Comments

• Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    even after removing the entire section of JS and footer code for the BZT my slideshow would not work until I added back the old version of BZT to JS and footer. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    flyingpointflyingpoint Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    Possible solution
    I've been having the same problems and may have stumbled on a temporary solution. After adding, removing and readding the BZT code trying to get the slideshow back, I noticed that my bio box was showing up in my control page. Once I hid that, the slideshow came back on my home page.

Who knew?
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2007
    I've been having the same problems and may have stumbled on a temporary solution. After adding, removing and readding the BZT code trying to get the slideshow back, I noticed that my bio box was showing up in my control page. Once I hid that, the slideshow came back on my home page.

Who knew?

was your bio box hidden before adding the code? Mine was...
  • Options
    flyingpointflyingpoint Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    Bzt
    was your bio box hidden before adding the code? Mine was...

Yep --- mine was hidden. And when I added the new BZT code, the bio box showed up on the home page. "Rehid" it and I'm back in business.
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2007
    Yep --- mine was hidden. And when I added the new BZT code, the bio box showed up on the home page. "Rehid" it and I'm back in business.
    I'll try it...
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2007
    tried it. bio box did not show up... slideshows went bye bye...
    all I know is the version 2.4 is working for me... until dev can tell me how to fix it... I'm not switching
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2007
    Andrew, did you remove your slideshow (homepage), or did the BZT code do it for you, as the new version did for me?
  • Options
    greenpeagreenpea Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2007
    Andrew, did you remove your slideshow (homepage), or did the BZT code do it for you, as the new version did for me?

I never had a problem with the slideshow (which is in my bio box). I kept that code exactly the way it was. Version 2.5 of the BZT worked fine on the first page, but without my workaround that I mentioned on my last post I couldn't get the BZT to work on anything other than page 1 of a gallery.
    Andrew
    initialphotography.smugmug.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2007
    greenpea wrote:
    I never had a problem with the slideshow (which is in my bio box). I kept that code exactly the way it was. Version 2.5 of the BZT worked fine on the first page, but without my workaround that I mentioned on my last post I couldn't get the BZT to work on anything other than page 1 of a gallery.
    hate to tell you, but I looked at your homepage, and unless you removed the slideshow... you got problems... I hope you removed...
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2007
    greenpea wrote:
    and the BZT will work. Its a little extra work, but a lot less work that manually zoom thumbnailing your pics.

And... when I ran into this problem, I manually zoomed one thumb on the second page, then hit BZT and it worked.

bowdown.gifbow BZT!

Thanks for the fix, David. Hope your summer is going well.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    edited January 30, 2007
    hate to tell you, but I looked at your homepage, and unless you removed the slideshow... you got problems... I hope you removed...

Yikes. What exactly were you seeing or not seeing, and what OS and browser were you using? I'm not seeing any problems with WinXP IE7 or FF (but of course I'm always the last one to see any problems on my own site).

EDIT: Okay I'm freaking out a little, I tested this with NN 8.0, Opera 8.5, Flock 0.7.1, and Mozilla 1.7.13, and again no problem.
    Andrew

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 30, 2007
    greenpea wrote:
    Yikes. What exactly were you seeing or not seeing, and what OS and browser were you using? I'm not seeing any problems with WinXP IE7 or FF (but of course I'm always the last one to see any problems on my own site).

Andrew, I fixed your site...don't worry :D
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    Andrew, I fixed your site...don't worry :D

Whoo hooo!
    That's yet another round I will owe you at the shootout!:slosh beer.gif

Thank you again!!!
    Andrew

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2007
    greenpea wrote:
    Whoo hooo!

Thank you again!!!

You get him drunk, and we'll all get pictures of him passed out and looking stupid. :D
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2007
    greenpea wrote:
    Whoo hooo!

Thank you again!!!

thumb.gif
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2007
    problems... tried adding new version (not sure why since old code was working) and I lost the slide show(s) and I have 2 BZT in my nav bar...
    Help...

brando,

I updgraded u to v2.5 and fixed the other issues.

Can you please let me know if it's working properly. :D

Thanks,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2007
    to keep everyone in the loop.

in regard to the bzt issue when using the smugmug style, where it only works correctly on the first page, it seems the method that I was using is broken after the new upgrade..and it will most probably be removed at sometime.

Therefore, I am going to have to use a new method of processing the photo information, so bear with me...i will need to do some digging and dev work to get it fully operational again.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    brando,

I updgraded u to v2.5 and fixed the other issues.

Can you please let me know if it's working properly. :D

Thanks,

David
    all seems OK now... would you wish to share with the class so others may benefit? it might save you time later when others have this issue...
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2007
    all seems OK now... would you wish to share with the class so others may benefit? it might save you time later when others have this issue...

well i yui'fied the BZT...

which basically means that i replaced the isClass function with the built-in yui one...YD.hasClass....aswell as some other functions.

Anyway, so my new code no longer has the isClass function defined, which caused all the calls to isClass to fail.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    well i yui'fied the BZT...

which basically means that i replaced the isClass function with the built-in yui one...YD.hasClass....aswell as some other functions.

Anyway, so my new code no longer has the isClass function defined, which caused all the calls to isClass to fail.

So did it cause isClass to fail in other hacks? I thought the slideshow had been yui'fied also?
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2007
    So did it cause isClass to fail in other hacks? I thought the slideshow had been yui'fied also?
    yes (the lack of the actual function) and no
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2007
    FYI: The newest version works great for me on the first page of every gallery but not on the subsequent pages.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2007
    Pupator wrote:
    FYI: The newest version works great for me on the first page of every gallery but not on the subsequent pages.
    I always switch to all-thumbs before using BZT. Why do one page at a time?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited February 3, 2007
    Pupator wrote:

Post 378
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    dcyphertdcyphert Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2007
    Bulk Zoom hack code
    devbobo wrote:
    Thank-you Greg.

I think it might have been your request for this feature that actually inspired me to write this.

Cheers,

David
    Hi David,

I put this BZT code in my custom area but still see no 'Bulk Zoom' beside my 'Arrange' option under the large image in 'SmugMug Style' like I've been reading I should.headscratch.gif Do you have any suggestions what to do next to get this to work? Thank you.
    Dave

Canon EOS 30D, EOS Rebel XT, (2) Canon 430ex ETTL Flash, Canon 70-200mm IS USM L, 28-135mm IS USM lenses, Canon ST-E2 Wireless transmitter, Stroboframe flash bracket, Off camera shoe, Canon Remote Timer
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    [UPDATED January 28, 2006 v2.5] - Fixed issues with SM ajax update.

i have working on a new super deluxe version of my "bulk zoom thumbnail" hack.

Here's a screenshot of it in action... and a live demo here

54427158-L.jpg

Code for this hack can be found on the wiki.
    Note: Code on the wiki is temporarily broken, please use this code for the moment.

The limitations at this point in time are...

- supports "traditional", "all thumbs", "smugmug" and "smugmug small" styles
    - gallery must be public.

Any questions or problems, please reply to this post.

Cheers,

David

Andy Edit: 53333632-L.gif

Hi,

I'm not seeing the 'Bulk Zoom' option beside the 'Arrange' text...is there something I'm doing wrong?
    Dave

Canon EOS 30D, EOS Rebel XT, (2) Canon 430ex ETTL Flash, Canon 70-200mm IS USM L, 28-135mm IS USM lenses, Canon ST-E2 Wireless transmitter, Stroboframe flash bracket, Off camera shoe, Canon Remote Timer
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2007
    dcyphert wrote:
    Hi,

I'm not seeing the 'Bulk Zoom' option beside the 'Arrange' text...is there something I'm doing wrong?
    Did you add the header code?
    http://hacks.introversion.com.au/smugmug/bulkzoomthumbs/
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2007
    The page at the header/footer link is blank?
    Allen wrote:

No...I added nothing to this for the bulk zoom......The page at the header/footer link is blank?
    Update.....I see the header/footer code in FF...not in IE7
    Dave

• Options
    edited February 23, 2007
    dcyphert wrote:
    No...I added nothing to this for the bulk zoom......The page at the header/footer link is blank?
    Update.....I see the header/footer code in FF...not in IE7
    It's the code that goes in your header for the BZT menu.
    Need three parts for BZT, CSS, js and header code. That page has the html
    for the header customize box.
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2007
    Errors with Bulk Zoom tool
    Allen wrote:
    It's the code that goes in your header for the BZT menu.
    Need three parts for BZT, CSS, js and header code. That page has the html
    for the header customize box.

Thanks...I see the tool now...alhough it's not consistantly functioning at all, at times it won't even do anything after checking the 'Bulk zoom' checkbox. The screen shot below is during viewing 'all thumbs', I'm looking forward to when it's actually a part of the Pro tools. I also receive JS errors in FF and IE6 and 7...and it freezes during the process...attached are screen shots.
    bulk zoom1.jpg
    Dave

This discussion has been closed.