Options

smughack: bulk zoom thumbnail (super deluxe version)

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 1, 2007
    Hmmm, it doesn't seem to matter how long I wait, it never gets to the stage where it shows the framed thumbs for adjustment. Regardless of how many pictures are in the gallery. Any suggestions?

Mary Beth,

It should be working now...you need to be careful when you are adding, removing or disabling code...as you had 3 javascript errors that related to code that was missing or disabled. These errors stopped the bzt from working.

You best bet is to get Firefox and the Firebug extension, it will show you any errors you have on your page.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    RockportersRockporters Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2007
    Awesome, thanks David, I will give it a try. I've been switching things in and out like crazy, trying to get everything to work, I'll be more careful as I do that in future.
    Beth

Nikon D300
    Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8
    Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8D

[SIZE=-3]Mary Beth Glasmann Photography[/SIZE]
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2007
    It started working again this morning. It still only works on the first page of thumbs. Any ideas?

Use the all thumbs (as Allen suggested) or manually zoom one thumb in smugmug style (on each page after page 1) and then run BZT-- it usually works after that. But the all thumbs method really is the most time efficient.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    Rod MendenhallRod Mendenhall Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited May 3, 2007
    I am having some inconsistent luck with the BZT
    I am somewhat at my wits end trying to figure out why the BZT will sometimes work and other times not work or partially work.

I have two galleries that I am having a problem with. When I set the galleries to all thumbs and select the zoom tool, it loads the images (except in the larger gallery of 250 pictures. Instead, the browser says that all images have been loaded, but some of the frames are blank or have transparent pictures in them). I then select the ratio and adjust the framing of some of the pictures and click save. The tool then appears to go off to do its thing. The progress count of what photo it is working on increments to a point and then stops updating. The end result is that it never seems to finish even after waiting for 3 hours. I know I have read where you have to be patient, but that seems too long. When the BZT has work on other galleries it ran for 15 minutes at most and successfully finished. When I look at one of my "problem" galleries, I see that the some of the thumbs have been resized, but not all of them.

I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure it out. I have tried to make the settings the same between those galleries that worked and the ones I am having problems with and it has not helped.

Any help someone can provide me is most welcomed.

Here are the links to the two galleries I am having a problem with:

http://www.rodmendenhall.com/gallery/2791391/1/148855335#148855335

http://www.rodmendenhall.com/gallery/2776424

UPDATE

I think I have resolved my own problem. Unfortunately I performed the cardinal sin and made multiple changes at the same time. So, I am not sure which one was the actual solution. I replaced my table based CSS and HTML code with the table less code as well as changed to FF as my browser. It appears that one of those worked.

I appologize if someone has already suggested this, but one other discovery that might assist those thinking that the BZT is possibly not working. While the BZT is chugging along doing its thing. bring up the gallery where you are modifying thumb nails in a different browser (use FF for the BZT and IE to view the gallery) and refresh it occasionally. If BZT is working you will see your thumnails change as they are being modified. I was able to see that 2/3's of my thumb nails had been modified even though the counter said it was working on 1 of 250. As I refreshed the browser I saw that more thumb nails had been modified and that the BZT was not hung like had thought previously even though the counter was not changing. When there were only about 4 thumb nails left, the counter started incrementing from 1 to 250 and then finished.

I hope that information helps.

Thanks,

Rod
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2007
    Still no luck getting it to work with any layout other than smugmug, of course, it then only works on the first page. There doesn't seem to be anyway to tease it into working on subsequent pages either.

After all the time spent trying to get it to work I could have done it manually, picture by picture Laughing.gif. I think I'll try deleting all bzt code out and then put it back in fresh. If it still doesn't work--I give up!
    Beth

Nikon D300
    Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8
    Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8D

• Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2007
    Still no luck getting it to work with any layout other than smugmug, of course, it then only works on the first page. There doesn't seem to be anyway to tease it into working on subsequent pages either.

After all the time spent trying to get it to work I could have done it manually, picture by picture Laughing.gif. I think I'll try deleting all bzt code out and then put it back in fresh. If it still doesn't work--I give up!

Did you try my suggestion one post up?

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    edited May 3, 2007
    dogwood wrote:
    Did you try my suggestion one post up?

Hi Pete, I did try your suggestion. There is no tricking it into working.
    Beth

Nikon D300
    Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8
    Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8D

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 3, 2007
    Hi Pete, I did try your suggestion. There is no tricking it into working.

Mary Beth,

You need to use 'All Thumbs'.

Unfortunately, the way the hack works...i have no way to know what images are on other pages.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    Mary Beth,

You need to use 'All Thumbs'.

Unfortunately, the way the hack works...i have no way to know what images are on other pages.

Cheers,

David

Hi David- I have been trying all thumbs and bzt doesn't work. The only layout that works at all is smugmug.
    Beth

Nikon D300
    Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8
    Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8D

• Options
    edited May 4, 2007
    This morning I, carefully :-), repasted the css, javascript, etc. Still only works on the first page of the smugmug layout, and not at all in all thumbsheadscratch.gif. I give up for now, time to move onto other things!
    Beth

Nikon D300
    Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8
    Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8D

• Options
    TerryPTerryP Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    v2.5 bulk zoom not supported?
    All,

I received no replies to my previous post on this request. Does that mean you don't love me or that hacks aren't supported?

MOD EDIT: I merged the thread you started into here, and just now deleted your original post in the other forum, as it is now redundant. It will get more attention here.

I'll give it another go for good measure. I copied all the code, it worked exactly once and doesn't work anymore (v 2.4 worked just fine for a long time). I used it on www.terrypytlarz.com/mpsprom on page one. When I tried it on page 2, it didn't work anymore.

Thanks for the help! :D

Terry
  • Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2007
    TerryP wrote:
    All,

I received no replies to my previous post on this request. Does that mean you don't love me or that hacks aren't supported?

I'll give it another go for good measure. I copied all the code, it worked exactly once and doesn't work anymore (v 2.4 worked just fine for a long time). I used it on www.terrypytlarz.com/mpsprom on page one. When I tried it on page 2, it didn't work anymore.
    Thanks for the help! :D
    Terry
    I'm seeing a JS error in on your site. "doOnLoad is not defined"
    Did you remove the No mouseover hack from your site? If you did, you might want to remove the doOnload from the body tag.

Double check your vantyUrl hack. You have yours coded differently than what was posted.

If you don't already have Firefox, you might want to get it along with Firebug. Both together will help in finding errors for you.
  • Options
    davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2007
    After not seeing it in SMUGMUG view I chagned it to THUMBNAILS and Dudes! This is a most excellent application. [air guitars a few seconds]

thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    akushnirakushnir Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    Header/Footer section
    devbobo wrote:
    [UPDATED January 28, 2006 v2.5] - Fixed issues with SM ajax update.

i have working on a new super deluxe version of my "bulk zoom thumbnail" hack.

Here's a screenshot of it in action... and a live demo here

54427158-L.jpg

Code for this hack can be found on the wiki.
    Note: Code on the wiki is temporarily broken, please use this code for the moment.

The limitations at this point in time are...

- supports "traditional", "all thumbs", "smugmug" and "smugmug small" styles
    - gallery must be public.

Any questions or problems, please reply to this post.

Cheers,

David

Andy Edit: 53333632-L.gif
    Can you help me out and tell me where to drop the 'header/footer' code? On the customization page, I see the CSS and JS section, both only 'header' and 'footer' not 'header/footer'. Do I put the same code in both sections?
    Thanks.
    Alan
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    akushnir wrote:
    Can you help me out and tell me where to drop the 'header/footer' code? On the customization page, I see the CSS and JS section, both only 'header' and 'footer' not 'header/footer'. Do I put the same code in both sections?
    Thanks.
    Alan
    This link has the three to add. Put the header/footer stuff
    in your header or footer, either will work.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    dcyphertdcyphert Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2007
    After Bulk Zoom?...1x1 sizes not staying.
    I have consistantly noticed that after running the bulk zoom in several galleries that the 1x1 size, which I use exclusively on all my galleries, reverts back to the original, and I have to do it all over again. The most recent is last night, I have several pages in this gallery that I did it to (setup as traditional view and only seeing 16 thumbs at a time), if I tried to do all 130+ or so photos at the same time the Bulk Zoom locks up (every time) and won't make them all 1x1. After doing this to 8 of the 9 pages, I wake up to find all 8 pages look as if I never did it all!! Granted...it's better than doing one at a time....but please fix this feature or refine (fix the bugs) and/or make it a part of the control panel or something.

UPDATE:
    Here's what happened when I tried the Bulk Zoom on "all thumbs' view this morning after already squaring them 1x1 last night.
    Dave

Canon EOS 30D, EOS Rebel XT, (2) Canon 430ex ETTL Flash, Canon 70-200mm IS USM L, 28-135mm IS USM lenses, Canon ST-E2 Wireless transmitter, Stroboframe flash bracket, Off camera shoe, Canon Remote Timer
  • Options
    egtlover74egtlover74 Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    Oh boy ~~
    :cry I tried and it is not working headscratch.gif
    What should I chck?
    I dropped them in css, java script and in header.
    What did I do wrong?

oh arkphotography.smugmug.com

ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited July 3, 2007
    egtlover74 wrote:
    :cry I tried and it is not working headscratch.gif
    What should I chck?
    I dropped them in css, java script and in header.
    What did I do wrong?

oh arkphotography.smugmug.com

ne_nau.gif
    Do you see the "bulk zoom thumbnail" check box on the page?
    Also to work have to have originals turned on.
  • Options
    NougatNougat Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited July 6, 2007
    dcyphert wrote:
    I have consistantly noticed that after running the bulk zoom in several galleries that the 1x1 size, which I use exclusively on all my galleries, reverts back to the original, and I have to do it all over again.

I'm having the exact same problem. Usually, when I bulk zoom thumbnail over 30 photos at one time in All Thumbs, it locks up and only converts the first 20 or so photos. It has worked on occassion with an entire gallery of about 50 photos, but never with large galleries of over 60 photos.

Are we the only ones with this problem, or is it a known bug? headscratch.gif
  • Options
    robertodenisrobertodenis Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2007
    Square thumbs
    Need help. I followed the instructions I found here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=58085&page=2&highlight=square

but it doesn t work. I am making them square one by one.

Can anyone just check what is missing or misplaced?

Thank you

www.robertodenis.name
  • Options
    edited July 18, 2007
    Need help. I followed the instructions I found here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=58085&page=2&highlight=square

but it doesn t work. I am making them square one by one.

Can anyone just check what is missing or misplaced?

Thank you

www.robertodenis.name
    Are you getting the check box for bulkzoom?
    Should be right next to the arrange box.
  • Options
    edited July 18, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    Are you getting the check box for bulkzoom?
    Should be right next to the arrange box.

No. I don t see it. I wonder why!

I did what I read. But obviously something is missing.

RD
  • Options
    edited July 18, 2007
    No. I don t see it. I wonder why!

I did what I read. But obviously something is missing.

RD
    Where did your put the table stuff in the html? I would put in the footer and
    not the header.

Here's all the pieces.
  • Options
    edited July 18, 2007
    It works! Just a small problem. I did a gallery. Then, when I tried to do the same with a second gallery I received a message saying something like "need to access original pics".

I logged out, I used Windows washer to delete temp files, cookies, etc.

Then I tried again with the second gallery and It worked!

Did you already hear about that?

Anyway, it works.

Thank you very much for your help.

Roberto Denisclap.gif
    Brussels
    Belgium
  • Options
    edited July 18, 2007
    It works! Just a small problem. I did a gallery. Then, when I tried to do the same with a second gallery I received a message saying something like "need to access original pics".

I logged out, I used Windows washer to delete temp files, cookies, etc.

Then I tried again with the second gallery and It worked!

Did you already hear about that?

Anyway, it works.

Thank you very much for your help.

Roberto Denisclap.gif
    Brussels
    Belgium
    Originals have to be enabled to work, otherwise you get a popup for every photo.:D
  • Options
    meatloafmeatloaf Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited August 3, 2007
    Bulk Thumb Zoom Limit
    I just started using Bulk Thumb Zoom. It works great (albeit, slow), but found that in a large gallery (bigger than about 36 pictures), it will only do the 1st 36. How can i do large galleries in one shot?
    Ted
    South Florida Free Press
    www.SouthFloridaFreePress.com
    Concert and Event Photography
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2007
    meatloaf wrote:
    I just started using Bulk Thumb Zoom. It works great (albeit, slow), but found that in a large gallery (bigger than about 36 pictures), it will only do the 1st 36. How can i do large galleries in one shot?

And oh yeah, why is this something Smug does not have built in as a standard feature? I bet they could integrate it better. thumb.gif
    Ted
    South Florida Free Press
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2007
    bulk zoom thumb locks up
    dcyphert wrote:
    I have consistantly noticed that after running the bulk zoom in several galleries that the 1x1 size, which I use exclusively on all my galleries, reverts back to the original, and I have to do it all over again. The most recent is last night, I have several pages in this gallery that I did it to (setup as traditional view and only seeing 16 thumbs at a time), if I tried to do all 130+ or so photos at the same time the Bulk Zoom locks up (every time) and won't make them all 1x1. After doing this to 8 of the 9 pages, I wake up to find all 8 pages look as if I never did it all!! Granted...it's better than doing one at a time....but please fix this feature or refine (fix the bugs) and/or make it a part of the control panel or something.

UPDATE:
    Here's what happened when I tried the Bulk Zoom on "all thumbs' view this morning after already squaring them 1x1 last night.

Has anyone rcvd a fix for this, i get the same exact problem...
    Ted
    South Florida Free Press
  • Options
    carolinecaroline Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2007
    Bulk Zoom Tool - Originals enabled but says not
    I've just uploaded pics to this gallery, and want to zoom the thumbs.
    http://www.carolineshipsey.co.uk/gallery/3353490

I have originals enabled but get this error message

firefox-20070824-085752.jpg

I've re-saved, cleared cache, restarted FF but can''t resolve, HELP please ?

Caroline
    Mendip Blog - Blog from The Fog, life on the Mendips
    www.carolineshipsey.co.uk - Follow me on G+

[/URL]
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2007
    caroline wrote:
    I've just uploaded pics to this gallery, and want to zoom the thumbs.
    http://www.carolineshipsey.co.uk/gallery/3353490

I have originals enabled but get this error message

firefox-20070824-085752.jpg

I've re-saved, cleared cache, restarted FF but can''t resolve, HELP please ?

Caroline
    Hi Caroline,

I'm looking in to it. It may be that we broke something. I'll get back to you.
This discussion has been closed.