Star*Explorer Thread

1404142434446»

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2013
    SamirD wrote: »
    Yep, this is the only SE thread. :)

I can't fathom why SE would re-upload, and I'm sure Nikolai will chime in and help, but if you need help removing those duplicates I have a small script I paid to have programmed a while ago. It's not perfect, but I haven't found any bugs in it yet. If you want to try it, PM me and I'll send you the link.

Thank you for the vote of confidence Samir, I did indeed :-) thumb.gifwinkrolleyes1.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2013
    Glad to hear it. :) I need to download the newest copy of SE and see if that problem I kept running across ever fixed itself. I'd love to use it vs my current workflow.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    Wolf TrackerWolf Tracker Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited May 24, 2013
    Some jpegs not loading via star explorer
    Nikolai,

Recently I have encountered a problem with loading some photos via Star Explorer. I can not distinguish any difference between the jpegs with the exception of size. In my most recent attempt I created an album and tried to place 2 photos in that album. The first photo was 6MB and the second was 16MB. The first open showed in the upload list when placed there but the second photo would not. I tried several times and also attempted to drag the photo there. It would not appear in the upload list. Both images are jpegs converted from Nef files using CS6.

No problem loading the image when I revert to smugmug's native upload process.

This has not been a problem in the past-it is an issue that has come into play in the last few weeks.

Thanks for any direction or advice you can offer, Harb
  • Options
    edited May 24, 2013
    Nikolai,

Recently I have encountered a problem with loading some photos via Star Explorer. I can not distinguish any difference between the jpegs with the exception of size. In my most recent attempt I created an album and tried to place 2 photos in that album. The first photo was 6MB and the second was 16MB. The first open showed in the upload list when placed there but the second photo would not. I tried several times and also attempted to drag the photo there. It would not appear in the upload list. Both images are jpegs converted from Nef files using CS6.

No problem loading the image when I revert to smugmug's native upload process.

This has not been a problem in the past-it is an issue that has come into play in the last few weeks.

Thanks for any direction or advice you can offer, Harb

Harb,
    most likely you have never changed S*E's file size limits (default 12Mb).
    But it's an easy fix: go to Options, Upload, set the photo file size limit to 25Mb (or whatever you want it) - and that should be it! :-)
    HTH
    Nikolai
  • Options
    Wolf TrackerWolf Tracker Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited May 24, 2013
    Nikolai-you nailed it-that was it. Thanks, Harb
    Nikolai wrote: »
    Harb,
    most likely you have never changed S*E's file size limits (default 12Mb).
    But it's an easy fix: go to Options, Upload, set the photo file size limit to 25Mb (or whatever you want it) - and that should be it! :-)
    HTH
    Nikolai
  • Options
    edited May 24, 2013
    Nikolai-you nailed it-that was it. Thanks, Harb

Harb, you're most certainly welcome, glad we resolved it quickly! :-)

Nikolai