Comments

• Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2005
    ian408 wrote:
    Commando is always an option. But, if we get in a wreck--you know
    what mommy always told you, right? :uhoh
    Yup like mommy always said.
    "A cute nurse or emt is always great. But a cute female doctor.... Now thats why you where clean underwear and always be on your best behavior" I wonder if she was trying to tell me something.ne_nau.gif
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2005
    andy wrote:
    shay, please sing out the welcome song for aero-nut, it's your turn deal.gif
    There's a song too?! mwink.gif

Ok, underwear is definately required if there's singing involved. eek7.gif
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2005
    Well, there is a song for new Moderators, but I don't know of any for new members. About the only song I can think of off the top of my head right now is:

Beans, beans, the musical fruit...

It's late, and I kind of forgot the rest.

mwink.gif
    aero-nut wrote:
    There's a song too?! mwink.gif

Ok, underwear is definately required if there's singing involved. eek7.gif
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    CalfeeRiderCalfeeRider Registered Users Posts: 258 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2005
    Yosemite this weekend!
    I've just uploaded some new pics from Saturday's shooting at Yosemite. The falls are really looking good and by the time of the shootout, Spring should have really set in and the greenery and blossoms should be going strong! clap.gif

http://jbuchanan.smugmug.com/gallery/486363
    Jack

http://www.SplendorousSojourns.com

Canon 1D Mk II N - Canon 5D - Canon EF 17-40 f/4L USM - Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS USM - Canon EF 85 f/1.8 USM - Canon EF 100 f/2.8 macro - Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2005
    Nice series, Jack!
    It's getting hotter and hotter:-)clap.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited April 18, 2005
    No worries..
    Well, there is a song for new Moderators, but I don't know of any for new members. About the only song I can think of off the top of my head right now is:

Beans, beans, the musical fruit...

It's late, and I kind of forgot the rest.

mwink.gif
    I'll bring my 12-string, maybe your memory will come back:-)

BTW - anybody else is bringing any musical instuments? fultes, violings, drums, saxes? It can be fun:-)
  • Options
    edited April 18, 2005
    I can bring my acoustic if you're serious! Guess I'd better get some new strings for it and get some practice in... eek7.gif

Nikolai wrote:
    I'll bring my 12-string, maybe your memory will come back:-)

BTW - anybody else is bringing any musical instuments? fultes, violings, drums, saxes? It can be fun:-)
    Jack

Canon 1D Mk II N - Canon 5D - Canon EF 17-40 f/4L USM - Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS USM - Canon EF 85 f/1.8 USM - Canon EF 100 f/2.8 macro - Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
  • Options
    edited April 18, 2005
    Jack,
    I can bring my acoustic if you're serious! Guess I'd better get some new strings for it and get some practice in... eek7.gif
    When it comes to setting up a jam (as well as photography, nice steaks, fine wine, programming - and lots of other nice things) I'm dead serious:-)

Let's do it, it's gonna be fun! We can come out with a Smugmug song:-)
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2005
    I can bring my trumpet (i still remember how to play it even) and drum sticks. Just need a drum.
    www.zxstudios.com
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2005
    If nothing else..
    ...Just need a drum.
    .. you can use my head. There is no brains left anyway:):
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:

i appoint shay the lyricist deal.gif

lol3.gif
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,914 moderator
    edited April 19, 2005
    andy wrote:
    i appoint shay the lyricist deal.gif

lol3.gif
    Re-use the lyrics for Kodachrome :D
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    When it comes to setting up a jam (as well as photography, nice steaks, fine wine, programming - and lots of other nice things) I'm dead serious:-)

It's going to be tricky to bring AND my photography gear AND my Eclipse environment with Tomcat AND my Johnson six-string AND a good bottle of wine, selling for €70 AND a genuine Dutch fresh steak :lol

But hey, anything I can borrow in the US will be used :D I'll have to catch up on my campfire tunes mwink.gif Any of you guys know stuff from Metallica rolleyes1.gif
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2005
    Hey Michiel
    It's going to be tricky to bring AND my photography gear AND my Eclipse environment with Tomcat AND my Johnson six-string AND a good bottle of wine, selling for €70 AND a genuine Dutch fresh steak :lol

But hey, anything I can borrow in the US will be used :D I'll have to catch up on my campfire tunes mwink.gif Any of you guys know stuff from Metallica rolleyes1.gif
    We'll figure something:-)
    Hey, listen, when are you coming and where are you staying in SF?. It looks like we're gonna have a little SM party at Hilton on Thursday night..
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    ian408 wrote:
    Andy, that's outstanding! Waxy, if you hit the gym and focus on the legs,
    back and arms, you should be good to go in May.

Ian
    Sorry ian but can someone break the news to waxedlegs.....im sooo addicted to cherry ripes !
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Sorry ian but can someone break the news to waxedlegs.....im sooo addicted to cherry ripes !
    You're so addicted to Cherry Pie? Say what are "cherry ripes" anyway?
    Is that like vegetarian vegamite rolleyes1.gif

Ian
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    We'll figure something:-)
    Hey, listen, when are you coming and where are you staying in SF?. It looks like we're gonna have a little SM party at Hilton on Thursday night..
    Now you *DO* know how that sounds, right? An SM party rolleyes1.gif I'm not really into that stuff, but I can see it as "something new on the horizon" :lol
    I'll be staying in Larkspur (about an hour's drive and I'll be arriving on sunday) because my aunt lives there, but I'll be sleeping over in a youth hostel in SF on thursday I think.. Don't ask me where :D I haven't planned anything yet mwink.gif So that Hilton is like a hotel or something? Perhaps I can get a room there.. I only need a small closet for myself and my gear :lol
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2005
    ian408 wrote:
    You're so addicted to Cherry Pie? Say what are "cherry ripes" anyway?
    Is that like vegetarian vegamite rolleyes1.gif

Ian
    I'll bring you one...you will never be the same. Makes crack look like a table condiment. You will do anything for more !
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    I'll bring you one...you will never be the same. Makes crack look like a table condiment. You will do anything for more !
    Uh oh....

ian
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2005
    Humungus wrote:

i want one, too!

hold the vegemite, eh mate?
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2005
    Gus you done gone and started something. Those look good how do I go about getting my hands on some.

Found a website that sells them but I have to admit $76.00 for a box of 48 seems kinda steep to me. But then again they seem to have a cult following. What is this vegemite stuff that is advertised with them.
    www.zxstudios.com
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2005
    Gus you done gone and started something. Those look good how do I go about getting my hands on some.

Found a website that sells them but I have to admit $76.00 for a box of 48 seems kinda steep to me. But then again they seem to have a cult following. What is this vegemite stuff that is advertised with them.
    Ok...i'll bring a box of 'em. God knows i have to either have them or ritalin. Vegemite is what steve irwin eats all day. I wont start a day without it. We have beeneating it since 1922 & ive never seen a non native eat it without screwing up their face. I would rather travel without my camera than without vegemite.
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2005
    sounds interesting.
    www.zxstudios.com
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2005

My only exposure to vegemite came from the Men At Work's referall to a vegemite sandwich - ring a bell anyone? But, I did find this...

Vegemite Sandwich - Vegemite is a fermented yeast spread that is pretty much a national institution in Australia. Some people love it and can't start the day without a piece of toast spread with Vegemite, and some go so far as to carry a small jar of it with them when they travel overseas. Some are indifferent to it, and others can't stand it. It kind of resembles smooth black tar, and is similar in taste to the English "Marmite," But Aussies will always tell you that Vegemite is far superior.

Sounds interesting!? ne_nau.gif
    Jack

• Options
    edited April 21, 2005
    Alot of Austrailian foods have very strong followings from the research I have been doing. Which makes me wonder if they are adding in some sort of addictive ingredient hmmmm.........headscratch.gif
    www.zxstudios.com
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 21, 2005
    Alot of Austrailian foods have very strong followings from the research I have been doing. Which makes me wonder if they are adding in some sort of addictive ingredient hmmmm.........headscratch.gif
    the fermented yeast used in Vegemite is the byproduct of beer production, so I guess if us Aussies eat alot of vegemite, they have to produce more beer smilie_bier2.gifdrink.giffriday.gif

so visa versa, we have to drink lots of beer to make sure our kids have enough vegemite icon10.gif

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2005
    bump for the info...
    andy wrote:
    friday, we'll be meeting at the wawona hotel at 2pm.

i will be dividing everyone into teams, we'll be having four teams. our team leaders are going to be: baldy, ian, ed and denny (lark). we'll have four shooting sessions, all around the magic hours (fri eve, sat morn, sat eve, sun morn). marc muench will shoot with each team, that way everyone gets to have some personal time with him.

we'll be using only two cars per team, as much as is possible, to cut down on the number of cars and complexity.

your meals and drinks etc on friday lunch, dinner, saturday breakfast, lunch and sunday meals are on your own. our team captains will be sure and point all of us to the available food choices for sandwiches, drinks, etc.

not only did i hack baldy's bank account, but i managed to get into the petty cash box over at headquarters, and so smugmug is hosting a wonderful bbq dinner saturday night at the yosemite lodge, in the valley, starting at 7pm for cocktails, 8pm dinner, 9pm dessert, coffee. while we're savoring same, we'll be treated to a landscape photography exhibition by our pro-in-residence, marc muench.

that's it. we're making this event really low-key, so the itinerary is loose.

i'm really excited about this trip!

reminder.
  • Options
    aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2005
    My only exposure to vegemite came from the Men At Work's referall to a vegemite sandwich - ring a bell anyone? But, I did find this...

Vegemite Sandwich - Vegemite is a fermented yeast spread that is pretty much a national institution in Australia. Some people love it and can't start the day without a piece of toast spread with Vegemite, and some go so far as to carry a small jar of it with them when they travel overseas. Some are indifferent to it, and others can't stand it. It kind of resembles smooth black tar, and is similar in taste to the English "Marmite," But Aussies will always tell you that Vegemite is far superior.

Sounds interesting!? ne_nau.gif
    Must be the equivalent of Ausie-nip. :D
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2005
    I have not been following this thread, since I was unsure if I could make it, but it is looking better (I am sure now someone will call with a job that weekend), but is there a list of who is going or any idea on how many members are planning to attend?

Is anyone crazy enough to camp for a night or two? ear.gif

I might soon be a poor student, like the good Doctor, so this may be my last big trip for a while and I need to start saving for tuition.
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2005
    patch29 wrote:
    I have not been following this thread, since I was unsure if I could make it, but it is looking better (I am sure now someone will call with a job that weekend), but is there a list of who is going or any idea on how many members are planning to attend?

Is anyone crazy enough to camp for a night or two? ear.gif

I might soon be a poor student, like the good Doctor, so this may be my last big trip for a while and I need to start saving for tuition.

gubbs and i are sittin' here in starbucks in manhattan (it's pouring rain) and we were wondering about you.

glad you are coming - don't worry about camping, gubbs and mrs g would love a third wheel in their room :uhoh