SmuggLr - for flickr, Phanfare, PicasaWeb, PhotoSite & Zenfolio refugees

145679

Comments

  • SmugShooterSmugShooter Big grins Posts: 20Registered Users Big grins
    edited October 8, 2010
    devbobo wrote: »
    I think you were using your email address in the username field, which resulted in one of the zenfolio calls failing. I've posted a new version which looks up the username instead of assuming it was entered.

    Cheers,

    David


    Thank You!!! That fixed it clap.gif.
  • huseyinhuseyin Major grins Posts: 124Registered Users Major grins
    edited October 15, 2010
    It seems like smugglr does not copy the largest available size from Flickr, instead it just copies the smallest size. Is there anyway to make it grab the original or full res images I have in flickr?
    My smugmug still under construction & organization with 17,000 images and counting... meanwhile check my Flickr
  • HotrodguruHotrodguru Beginner grinner Posts: 3Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited October 29, 2010
    Alright, 1 day and a few restarts later and I've SmuggLd 22,284 images from flickr.

    18 collections, who knows how many sets. Looks like I'll be busy over the next few weeks verifying a few things. Right off the bat a few of the things I've noticed or will have to figure out.

    - LOTS of my sets which were private on flickr are now public view
    - A few sets are not named correctly, really random stuff.
    - Seems as categories equate to the same thing as collections on flickr. Will have to figure out how to organize these.

    Can you set a chosen photo as the default for categories and galleries?

    http://jaymarroquin.smugmug.com/
  • gadgetjoegadgetjoe Beginner grinner Posts: 1Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited November 11, 2010
    Smugglr and large Zenfolio Galleries
    I have a large Zenfolio Gallery (49,000 Pictures) that I am trying to migrate. SmuggLr fails after about 6000 pictures.

    I am meticulously trying to subdivide into smaller galleries, but this is taking some time. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • gnolpignolpi Big grins Posts: 12Registered Users Big grins
    edited November 17, 2010
    Hi all

    i ve got a question about the transfer from flickr to smugmug .
    Are the files first download to our pc and then upload to smugmug or is it a direct link from flickr to smugmug ?

    thanks for help
    florent
  • devbobodevbobo LR whisperer Melbourne, AUPosts: 4,335Registered Users, Retired Mod SmugMug Employee
    edited November 17, 2010
    gnolpi wrote: »
    Hi all

    i ve got a question about the transfer from flickr to smugmug .
    Are the files first download to our pc and then upload to smugmug or is it a direct link from flickr to smugmug ?

    thanks for help
    florent

    Hey Florent,

    The files are transferred directly from flickr to SmugMug without downloading them to your local machine.

    Cheers,

    David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • edgaillardedgaillard Beginner grinner Posts: 3Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited November 26, 2010
    photos in multiple galleries; photo descriptions
    Hi. I'm a new SmugMug user. I'm trying to migrate my stuff from flickr, and I have a couple of questions.

    1) If a photo is in more than one Flickr set I'm importing, it looks like it gets copied to SmugMug once for every set it's in. Is that how it's supposed to behave, or is there something I can do to make it use "virtual copies" as in SmugMug's "collect photos" feature?

    2) The smugglr home page says it retains "titles, descriptions and tags". I can see the photo titles and tags, but the photo descriptions don't seem to show up anywhere. In fact, I don't see any place where a description separate from the caption could be displayed, so maybe this is a general SmugMug use question--but if anyone can give me a clue, I'd appreciate it.

    -ed g.
  • edgaillardedgaillard Beginner grinner Posts: 3Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited December 2, 2010
    Um, hello? Sorry if I sound impatient, I know you don't get paid for this, but I'd like to figure out what's going on before I have to decide whether to pay for SmugMug...
  • j3j3gj3j3g Begrinner Posts: 1Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited February 5, 2011
    Smugglr, Flickr & Firefox
    headscratch.gif Beginner and first post on Digital Grin. In have photos in Flickr that I want to transfer to my NEW Smugmug account before my Flickr account expires. So I go to get the Smugglr Firefox extension... BUT gee I'm using Firefox 4.0 and it won't instal Smugglr saying it is not compatible! Is this right? Is there going to be a Smugglr update to deal with this any day soon. I have to decide whether to do all this transferring manually. Unfortunately I'm not on broadband so I'm hoping for a direct transfer from Flickr to SmugMug.

    j3j3g
  • febbrarofebbraro Beginner grinner Posts: 2Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited March 12, 2011
    Picasa Web not working
    Hello, on a mac with Ffx 3.6.15. When I try to migrate files from Picasa web to Smugglr it tells me to enter my login information on the Picasa site. I do that and it logs me in and then I'm just on the site. The continue button is greyed out and nothing happens.

    Any chance the site changed and the plugin needs to be upgraded?

    Thanks for any help.
  • devbobodevbobo LR whisperer Melbourne, AUPosts: 4,335Registered Users, Retired Mod SmugMug Employee
    edited March 20, 2011
    febbraro wrote: »
    Hello, on a mac with Ffx 3.6.15. When I try to migrate files from Picasa web to Smugglr it tells me to enter my login information on the Picasa site. I do that and it logs me in and then I'm just on the site. The continue button is greyed out and nothing happens.

    Any chance the site changed and the plugin needs to be upgraded?

    Thanks for any help.

    version 3.6 fixes this issue.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • febbrarofebbraro Beginner grinner Posts: 2Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited March 21, 2011
    devbobo wrote: »
    version 3.6 fixes this issue.

    That did the trick. Thanks *SO* much.
  • codylocodylo Beginner grinner Posts: 6Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited March 29, 2011
    Number of photos not match when migrating from Flickr > SmugMug
    First of all, thanks for writing this handy plugin for simplifying the migration.

    I have installed Smugglr on Firefox4.0 and start migrating the photo from my Flickr account to SmugMug. However, the number of photos shown in Smugglr is way less than the number of photos I have on Flickr (I got 6700 on Flickr while Smugglr shown only 4200), any clues?

    Thanks.
  • codylocodylo Beginner grinner Posts: 6Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited March 29, 2011
    Interestingly it ends up with transfered 6904 photos while my Flickr photo stream have 6897 photos, I'm not sure where does those 7 extra photos comes from.

    Well, as long as there seems to be migrate everything, I think its done for me....now trying to explore more on SmugMug, thanks!
  • devbobodevbobo LR whisperer Melbourne, AUPosts: 4,335Registered Users, Retired Mod SmugMug Employee
    edited March 29, 2011
    codylo wrote: »
    Interestingly it ends up with transfered 6904 photos while my Flickr photo stream have 6897 photos, I'm not sure where does those 7 extra photos comes from.

    Well, as long as there seems to be migrate everything, I think its done for me....now trying to explore more on SmugMug, thanks!

    Hey,

    Since SmugMug uses individual galleries as opposed to a single photostream to upload photos...if you have featured the same image in multiple photosets....it gets transferred multiple times.

    Cheers,

    David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • ptr727ptr727 Beginner grinner Posts: 5Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited April 2, 2011
    Hi, new to SmugMug, and I want to move my albums over from Zenfolio.

    I tried Migratr, but it keeps crashing, and the Migratr forum is just full of spam posts.

    I am now trying SmuggLr, but I have no idea how to use it, nor can I find instructions on how to get started.
    I installed Firefox 4.
    I went to http://smugglr.smugmug.com/
    I clicked "Start Smuggling Now"
    I installed the AddOn
    I restarted FF as requested
    I clicked "Start Smuggling Now" again
    And it just keeps re-installing the plugin

    Through Google I found some post that said to run plugins in FF I have to go to the FF Tools menu, I can't find a Tools menu.

    Please point me to instructions on how to use SmuggLr in FF 4?

    P.
  • MSkaffariMSkaffari SmugMug Product Manager Posts: 147Registered Users Major grins
    edited April 2, 2011
    ptr727 wrote: »
    Hi, new to SmugMug, and I want to move my albums over from Zenfolio.

    I tried Migratr, but it keeps crashing, and the Migratr forum is just full of spam posts.

    I am now trying SmuggLr, but I have no idea how to use it, nor can I find instructions on how to get started.
    I installed Firefox 4.
    I went to http://smugglr.smugmug.com/
    I clicked "Start Smuggling Now"
    I installed the AddOn
    I restarted FF as requested
    I clicked "Start Smuggling Now" again
    And it just keeps re-installing the plugin

    Through Google I found some post that said to run plugins in FF I have to go to the FF Tools menu, I can't find a Tools menu.

    Please point me to instructions on how to use SmuggLr in FF 4?

    P.

    Tools menu refers to Firefox's Tools menu. Should be at the top of the browser window.
  • ptr727ptr727 Beginner grinner Posts: 5Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited April 2, 2011
    Top right there is a dropdown arrow that let me select tabs.
    Next to the home button on the right is a shortcut dropdown.
    Top left is a Fierfox dropdown menu.
    In the FF dropdown is lots of items, but no tools menu.
    There is also a add-ons menu, this just lists all installed add-ons.

    Maybe somebody that uses FF4 can help me?
  • ptr727ptr727 Beginner grinner Posts: 5Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited April 2, 2011
    Ok, figured it out.

    You first have to go to [Firefox][Options][Menu bar]
    Then the menu bar shows up, and on the menu is a tools menu.

    It would really be helpful if these instructions were included someplace obvious.

    P.
  • komichikomichi Beginner grinner Posts: 1Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited April 4, 2011
    Smugglr Flickr -> SmugMug / SmugMug API Question . . .
    Hi!

    First, the two main questions regarding modifications made to Smugglr to add automated photo rotation and the SmugMug API:

    (1) should photo operations such as rotation using the SmugMug API to be applied immediately after upload?
    (2) if not, how can one know when it is "safe" to apply them?

    Now the background ...

    I've got a bunch of images to be imported from Flickr, many of which I manually rotated using Flickr itself. In this case, thankfully, Flickr has the rotation information available via its API. However, if I use Smugglr alone, the rotations aren't preserved.

    One workaround is to "reinvent the wheel" and write a script to go and obtain the data from Flickr and do
    the rotations on SmugMug. In this case, I also have to have some reliable way of knowing which Flickr photo maps to which SmugMug photo.

    So, instead of "reinventing the wheel" this way, I decided to try directly adding this functionality to Smugglr such that it obtains the photo rotation information from Flickr and, after the uploadFromURL call completes, does a rotation (if necessary, in the completion handler). Sadly, while although the API rotation operation is performed using the Flickr rotation data and does succeed, the rotation is not applied. However, if one waits until processing on the photos is complete, however, the API rotation op's do succeed. (Thus, it would seem that the photo operations don't seem to be queued.)

    I'm wondering, even if one were to write this functionality as a standalone app which uploads the photos and then does the rotation in a second stage, how can one know how long to wait between the stages -- that is, at what point applying a rotation will actually work (e.g., after uploadFromURL). Since I can't find this information in the API docs, I'm a bit stuck.

    It's also possible that I botched something in using the API in this regard, but I doubt it since I can manually call the API rotation method after processing is complete (as verified manually) and have the rotation be performed properly.

    I'm, of course, happy to provide the modified Smugglr.js script if it's of aid to anyone.

    Thanks!

    John
  • MrsLLSMrsLLS Beginner grinner Posts: 1Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited October 28, 2011
    Current version of Smuggler is not compatible with current version of Firefox
  • 56Kruiser56Kruiser Major grins Posts: 116Registered Users Major grins
    edited December 19, 2011
    Is Smuggler going to be updated?
  • 56Kruiser56Kruiser Major grins Posts: 116Registered Users Major grins
    edited December 19, 2011
    This thread must be dead.

    For anyone who stumbles over this, it did install on FF v8 and works fine.
  • mels02mels02 Beginner grinner Posts: 8Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited December 23, 2012
    Hullo!

    I tried using Smugglr & it wouldn't work. I'm trying to import photos from Flickr. I'm using Firefox 17.0.1. I get a blank page in the area where it asks me for Flickr login details :/ Anyone have any ideas?
  • WatchFan1WatchFan1 Happy Trigger Posts: 65Registered Users Big grins
    edited March 18, 2013
    Not working on FF 19.0.2.....Stuck on 'creating folders' (1 of 107) for the last 30 minutes.
    Should I just do it on some PC that has an older version of FireFox.
    I cannot stand Photobucket with their latest round of idiotic changes.
    I assume there is going to be a HUGE exodus in a near future.


    I tried to is Migratr, but it was a waste as I do not feel like re-creating 107 folder for 4300 pictures.

    Hope this SmuggLr migrating tool is fixed soon and compatible with latest version of FireFox.
  • JimmerzJimmerz Beginner grinner Posts: 3Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited March 26, 2013
    I am in the process of evaluating whether to make the switch from Phanfare to SmugMug given the uncertainty currently surrounding Phanfare. I just tried transferring some random albums using Smugglr, and while it seems to work, it is giving every one of my galleries a title of 'Main Section'. I see why it's doing it - it's putting the year in the category, and then the Phanfare Album name into the subcategory, and then taking the section name from Phanfare (since it allows sections per album) and putting it in the title. The problem is with Phanfare if you have an album with only one section, it automatically gets the name 'Main Section'. Phanfare doesn't even allow you to change it. Why wouldn't it put the album name in the Gallery title? Ideally, I think I would want the year in the Category field (which is doing), and the Phanfare album name in the Gallery title, and no subcategory. If Smugglr can't do that, is there an easy way for me to move the subcategory name to the gallery title in SmugMug, or will I have to do each gallery individually? We would be talking about 100's and 100's of albums coming over from Phanfare, so I'm not about to do that.
  • WatchFan1WatchFan1 Happy Trigger Posts: 65Registered Users Big grins
    edited March 26, 2013
    I communicated with SmugMug team and allerted them that the tool is basically ' not working'.
    After several back and forth email between my and them, I was informed that they are
    in touch with the developer of SmuggLr and that 'it takes time;....oh well....

    I wish they realized the sense of urgency !!
    With the latest idiotic changes at Photobucket, SmuggMug 'could' gain hundreds
    of fleeing Photobucket customers....but they better address the 'importing issue' fast !
  • CaptainChetCaptainChet Beginner grinner Posts: 2Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited March 27, 2013
    WatchFan1 wrote: »
    I communicated with SmugMug team and allerted them that the tool is basically ' not working'.
    After several back and forth email between my and them, I was informed that they are
    in touch with the developer of SmuggLr and that 'it takes time;....oh well....

    I wish they realized the sense of urgency !!
    With the latest idiotic changes at Photobucket, SmuggMug 'could' gain hundreds
    of fleeing Photobucket customers....but they better address the 'importing issue' fast !

    Same here. Haven't heard back but they did extend my trial a few days being I'm having trouble with Picasa Web imports.

    Managed to get 70 of the 88 albums transferred. Can't get the rest, just empty galleries. Oh well.
  • AndrewLAndrewL Beginner grinner Posts: 1Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited April 17, 2013
    Having Problems with SmuggLr Application
    I'm getting setup on SmugMug to hold our high school lacrosse team's game pictures. I tried using SmuggLr to bring over several folders of pictures from Picasa and it stopped for several hours at the same spot (11 of 31 folders, 1940 of 4899 pictures). After no further progress, I cancelled out of SmuggLr. I found that 11 folders did in fact get transferred over to SmugMug with their pictures. I have since tried to restart the process, but every time when I enter the Picasa login info it (SmuggLr) says invalid password info. I enter the exact same password as I did originally, but not able to get past the invalid password message. Can someone give me some idea of what may be happening (am I doing something wrong?) and how to correct. The application seems to be a good idea when it works, but it has only worked once (partly) for me.
  • TBTTBT Big grins Posts: 40Registered Users Big grins
    edited May 1, 2013
    Jimmerz wrote: »
    I am in the process of evaluating whether to make the switch from Phanfare to SmugMug given the uncertainty currently surrounding Phanfare. I just tried transferring some random albums using Smugglr, and while it seems to work, it is giving every one of my galleries a title of 'Main Section'. I see why it's doing it - it's putting the year in the category, and then the Phanfare Album name into the subcategory, and then taking the section name from Phanfare (since it allows sections per album) and putting it in the title. The problem is with Phanfare if you have an album with only one section, it automatically gets the name 'Main Section'. Phanfare doesn't even allow you to change it. Why wouldn't it put the album name in the Gallery title? Ideally, I think I would want the year in the Category field (which is doing), and the Phanfare album name in the Gallery title, and no subcategory. If Smugglr can't do that, is there an easy way for me to move the subcategory name to the gallery title in SmugMug, or will I have to do each gallery individually? We would be talking about 100's and 100's of albums coming over from Phanfare, so I'm not about to do that.

    Jimmerez

    I'm having the exact same problem.

    One thing that helps for the sake of figuring out what has uploaded is to go to your homepage and then after that URL type a slash / and the year. So mine would be say http://tbt.smugmug.com/2007 if I wanted to see the picts for 2007..

    Since you are looking at the category, 2007, all of the subcategories are displayed. Since the subcategories are the phanfare album name it gives you a nice list of what smugglr mananged to get over for that year.

    I'm also having a huge problem with just getting smugglr to work.

    Is this a phanfare problem or a firefox problem? I'm guessing firefox as phanfare has stagnated for 3 or 4 years but fire fox seems to come up with a new version every other week or so.

    If firefox is the issue is there a preferred version of firefox to use with smugglr?

    Thanks!
Sign In or Register to comment.