In Memoriam: Ginger Jones

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited May 6, 2007
    What a sad thread, bummer, really.

She certainly had no equal here at Dgrin. We'll miss you, Ginger.

*smiling*
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    I always love to see what kind of new photos Ginger would put out every week. Even though I didn't know her in person, I knew her from the work she's produced. She is a big inspiration to me.

Thanks Ginger, we'll all be smiling because of you.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,908 moderator
    edited May 6, 2007
    Sad, shocking news. A loss to all of us.
  • Trish323Trish323 Registered Users Posts: 908 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    A unique spirited lady whose light shall glow sweetly. Godspeed Ginger.
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,789 moderator
    edited May 6, 2007
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    :cryWhat a sad news :cry

Few days ago i was thinking why Ginger is not posting as she use to do so i didn't knew she was ill
    She will be remembered as a great person and photographer. My heart goes with her family at this sad moment
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    One can only hope to live the kind of life, make the kind of friends, and take the kind of pictures Ginger did.
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    What a sad, sad news :cry Her inspiration, her pictures, her life will be never forgotten, it takes a very special person to inspire so many people.
    My thoughts and prayers are with G's family. RIP My friend! bowdown.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    This is very sad news. So sorry to hear this. Always enjoyed chatting with Ginger and will miss her...and her passion for photography.

R.I.P. Ginger. You are one of the "good people" as you use to call them.
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    How true it is that words can never say or convey your feelings in a time like this. My deepest sympathy for the family. I remember finding out that Ginger was from the "Low Country". I lived in South Carolina for many years and when I went to her site it brought back the fond memories. Thank you Andy and Smugmug for what you are doing for her and her family. I have already purchased some photos and will be back for more. She inspired me as I am sure she did many. God Bless you Ginger....Rest in Peace.
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    I read this last night
    I'm still just stunned and shocked. My heart goes out to her husband and family.
  • ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    Oh God.
    What a sad news! RIP Ginger, and may the light follow you.
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
  • Fred WFred W Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    Ginger provided a special touch to dgrin. I always enjoyed viewing her work and the perspective of her images posted here. She will always be remembered through her images..........farewell Ginger.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited May 6, 2007
    chad spector (truth) expresses his condolences-
    edited May 6, 2007
    togetherness-

"Death is nothing at all. I have only slipped away into the next room. Whatever we were to each other, we still are. Call me by my old familiar name. Speak to me in the same easy way you always have. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed. Play, smile, think of me, pray for me. Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it always was. There is absolute continuity. Why should I be out of your mind Because I am out of your sight? I am but waiting for you, for an interval, Somewhere very near, Just around the corner. All is well. Nothing is past. Nothing has been lost. One brief moment and all will be as it was before.. Only better. Infinitely happier. We will be one, Together."-

Canon Henry Scott-Holland
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    My condolences to the family.
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • MaestroMaestro Registered Users Posts: 5,395 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    My condolences to the family. Her memory will now live on permanently at SmugMug.
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    gefillmore wrote:
    chad spector (truth) expresses his condolences-
    Tks george..please send a thankyou to chad.
  • Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    Rest in peace Ginger. I always looked forward to opening your posts and enjoying your work that you loved so much to create.

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    This forums fabric has been torn. It's good to see that the mending is already taking place.

I will miss you, Ginger.

...and I will remember you when I am out in one of those quiet places doing what you and I both love...taking photographs.
    edited May 6, 2007
    gus wrote:
    Tks george..please send a thankyou to chad.

done-
  • dallasdallas Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    Godspeed Ginger....
  • livinginozlivinginoz Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    what a great lady. she will be sorely missed.
    laurie in rural minnesota

my stuff
  • Nee7x7Nee7x7 Registered Users Posts: 459 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    I'm so shocked and saddened to hear that Ginger has passed away. Dee emailed me with the news (we had a busy week and weekend, so I missed seeing the thread about her illness and passing). My heart goes out to her family and friends. She will be greatly missed here...I loved her photos and her free spirit. May her spirit fly even freer now above all earthly cares and woes... God Speed, Ginger.
    http://nee.smugmug.com[/COLOR]
    http://www.pbase.com/rdavis

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried~
  • jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    Honest; open; always, always, always wanting to find a way to be a better photography. This is how I think of Ginger

She didn't have time for all the overblown, ego driven blather others involved themselves with. She had work to do: create, write, learn, share, inspire.

She was truly an inpiration.
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
  • jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    Farewell to one of my favorite characters on the forum. I'll miss her warmth and lovely photographs.
  • tsk1979tsk1979 Registered Users Posts: 937 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2007
  • windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2007
    I dont know what to say......... :cry

Ginger -
    You always responded with kind words to my images,
    when i asked for advice, you shared so willingly.
    Your life enriched so many people on dgrin, and now your pictures will continue to enrich the lives of many more......

Heaven just got its missing angel back......

Very fondly,
    troy
  • fc1piercefc1pierce Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 7, 2007
    My mother's photos
    I came on line tonight to have a moment with my mother and her photos. Instead I find all these posts from friends around the world. I read the kind words of Andy and those whom she has shared the "Dgrin" world. To me my mother was always taking photos. As a child she posed us here and there and everywhere in search of that special picture. My dad built her a darkroom in our second bathroom. Strips of film hung everywhere, chemicals reaked throughout the house, the Besseler Projector towered above the toilet. From all this I have a box of photos I treasure and carry everywhere. Throughout the years my mother was always there flitting around the room taking photos. She nearly drove me crazy ducking and weaving through the crowd clicking away on her Nikormat. In the last several years she would excitedly e-mail us about the latest challenge and how she was going to either win or lose. I would link to her thread and find the most amazing photos by her and her friends and only wish I had been born with her skill and ability to capture the magic of the moment. I asked her recently why the obssesion with photgraphy and getting the shot. She replied it kept her connected with the world (she was deaf) and allowed her to be part of what she could not have. I never have found the time to look at all her photos and probably never will (13000 is a lot with more on her computer and cameras i am sure). Every photo I have seen has convinced me that the State of South Carolina lost it's pre-immiment (sp?) visual historian on Saturday. I believe her family will do her showing for her and any photo bought will help either with funeral expenses or the showing. At this point though we are trying to come to grips with the rapidity of her passing and the shock with which we all feel. I thank the members for their kind comments. I also thank you for giving her the gift of a world in which she was special and connected in a way which she could not in the real world because of her hearing. I believe in the end though she showed us all how to really hear the beauty of this world; just look around. I can not wait to see her showing in God's Gallery (he must have been tired of the old photos).

Thanks for letting me ramble, her oldest son Scottclap.gif
  • BendrBendr Registered Users Posts: 665 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2007
    We will miss you Ginger, your photos were excellent, and by being around, you always added something special to the forum!

However, despite the sadness associated with such an occasion, we can rejoice, in that she has returned to be with her Heavenly Father once again, And, can be reunited with her family once again after this life...

God-speed Ginger!