123457»

Comments

• Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 23, 2007
  • Options
    RobertRobert Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2007
    I’m to new to dgrin to have known the lady and I find too little time to be active in the community, but going by what I’ve read, she must have been quite special. And looking at some of her gallery, she had a great eye for it.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
    My condolences to her family.
    Robert
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    Oh my God! I've been away from the site for so long! I haven't even checked in on the Daily Photos for ages. How could this have happened? Ginger was my friend. I've "known" her since I first joined Dgrin in May of 2004. We exchanged PMs and emails. We even spoke on the phone. We helped each other with photos and photoshop details. I was hoping to visit her and go out shooting with her. I was looking forward to her upcoming show. I wish someone had sent me an email.

I've been reading the outpouring of sadness and memories here and wishing I had been here sooner. Thank you all for being such good friends.

My condolences to Bill and Sara and Scott.

May she rest in peace and may the Lord's eternal light shine upon her.

O God, you are water for our thirst
    and manna in our desert.
    We praise you for the life of Ginger and bless your mercy
    that has brought her suffering to an end.
    Now we beg that same endless mercy
    to raise her to new life.
    Nourished by the food and drink of heaven,
    May she rest for ever in the joy of Christ our Lord.

Rest in the arms of the Lord, Ginger. I will miss you so much. I am consoled that the world has the legacy of your beautiful photographs.

Snappy: :cry
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    JnicholsJnichols Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2007
    This is terrible news. I have been away from dgrin for quite a while and wondered where I could find Ginger's posts. I always looked forward to her opinions and plentiful posts with gorgeous photos. Thanks dgrin for keeping her account and letting future dgrinners see her passion.
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2007
    Just bought a Ginger print. Thought I'd give the thread a bump...
    Chris
  • Options
    edited June 1, 2007
    ChrisJ wrote:
    Just bought a Ginger print. Thought I'd give the thread a bump...

I just had my Ginger horse print framed and gave it to my bosses daughter
  • Options
    JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2007
    I liked so many that I bought a dozen, placed them in a little book and placed them on my coffee table. I really liked her pelicans, Cooper River Bridge shot, Shem Creek, and Magnolia Garden shots. Made me feel like I was back there standing in the spot she took the photos. She has so many great shots that it is hard to choose.
  • Options
    DigiGrinDigiGrin Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited June 2, 2007
    I never met Ginger, or knew of her in any way .. tho the world has lost a wonderful talent
    and obviously a great character .. one who was as dedictaed and passionate
    as we all should be ..

RIP Ginger ..
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2007
    Here is a memory. I posted this and (quite a bit later) Ginger posted this reply.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2007
    rutt wrote:
    Here is a memory. I posted this and (quite a bit later) Ginger posted this reply.

awwwwwwwww, I remember that post!

iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    ScarhartScarhart Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2007
    I'm very saddened by the news of Ginger's death. I don't post much (too shy about my lack of skill), but have been an avid viewer and reader of Dgrin for some years.

Of all the memories on this site, the one that made me stay and renewed my faith in people was a post by Ginger in the "Show us your mug!" thread. Everyone up to her post had posted self-deprecating or odd photos, or just simple single shots. Not Ginger. She posted a series of photos of different times of the day or night, when she looked good and when she looked tired. Here's her post:

http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=17268&postcount=93

And the thread:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=41933&page=10&highlight=show

I read her post, looked at her pictures, and had to smile; to smile at her courage, her energy, and joy in the art of photography. "Get over it," her pictures seemed to say. That "it" could be fear or shyness, or whatever. "Just take the picture!"

I'll miss her posts and her art. My condolences to Ginger's family.

Scott
  • Options
    fotodojofotodojo Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2007
    Not sure what to say
    168529861-L.jpg

Farewell.
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2007
    fotodojo wrote:

Farewell.

Oh WOW! Beauiful Tribute!
  • Options
    fc1piercefc1pierce Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited July 3, 2007
    Beautiful Picture
    I love the picture. How can I get a copy. It is so my mother.
    Thanks for sharing it on-line.

Her son

Scott
    fotodojo wrote:
    168529861-L.jpg

Farewell.
  • Options
    fotodojofotodojo Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    fc1pierce wrote:
    I love the picture. How can I get a copy. It is so my mother.
    Thanks for sharing it on-line.

Her son

Scott

Scott - I will send you an email from dgrin with my email, send me yours and I will send you the picture tomorrow around 10 am my time (approx 12 hours from now)

Jon
  • Options
    Sara-Ginger's SpawnSara-Ginger's Spawn Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited July 3, 2007
    May I have a copy too?
    fotodojo wrote:
    Scott - I will send you an email from dgrin with my email, send me yours and I will send you the picture tomorrow around 10 am my time (approx 12 hours from now)

Jon

Jon,
    That is a great picture! Could you send me a copy too?
    Thank you,
    Sara...a daughter
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    I made the trek to the opening of Ginger's show at the Charleston Library and had the opportunity to meet her family.

168709877-L.jpg

(From left to right: Ginger's children, Jon, Julie, Scott, Sara. Her husband Bill)

I would have taken more shots of the show; in fact, I actually did. But I used Ginger's camera, borrowed from Jon, and so he has those.

The show looked really good. Seeing these images reminded me what a fine photographer she was. My son, Max, came with me. Afterwards, he said, "Dad, Ginger was at least as good a photographer as you are." He was being polite. Ginger was a much better photographer than I am.

And it was good to be with people who miss her even more than I do.

168710603-L.jpg

After the library closed, we went for seafood to a place that looked very familiar, Shem Creek.

169087813-L.jpg

You can see my proofsheet from this visit.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    Thanks for posting these Rutt - boy, Sara reminds me of Ginger quite a bit.
  • Options
    NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    Wonderful memorial for Ginger here, Digital Grin. Thank you. I did not know she had passed, and am very saddened. She sure will be sorely missed, by many I bet.

Ginger loved life, and her photos showed her passion, just as she was. How good she got to do what others never experience, and yearn to.

My heart goes out to Gingers family, and I too am glad to have met her here. How could anyone forget Ginger??!!
  • Options
    julesncjulesnc Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited July 4, 2007
    Beautiful picture. Much talent. Scott....Sara....forward to me also. Thanks julie (ginger's daughter)

fotodojo wrote:
    168529861-L.jpg

Farewell.
  • Options
    julesncjulesnc Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited July 4, 2007
    Hi Rutt
    Thanks for showing these Rutt. I enjoyed seeing them. Loved the shot of Shem Creek. All the colors and activity.

After the library closed, we went for seafood to a place that looked very familiar, Shem Creek.

169087813-L.jpg

You can see my proofsheet from this visit.[/quote]
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2007
    Rutt, thank you for sharing these wonderful photos of Ginger's family and of her show. I sure wish I could have been there. I had harbored an idea when Ginger first announced the library's plan for her show, that I sure hoped somehow to be able to go and meet her in person. I thought it would be fun to meet her and to honor her excellence in her work. Her spirit and kindness lives on and on here at Dgrin, and I know she is thought of often.
  • Options
    smhs.imagessmhs.images Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2007
    Ginger
    Ginger was my late night friend. We would often post our dailes at the same time (between 3-5am) when everyone else was sleeping. And we would comment on each others work before anyone else had even seen it. I've been busy lately, so much so I haven't even had much time for photos... I just heard the news of her passing tonight and am truly saddened. I went back and took a look at her comments to me... the last one was a comment on a dog photo and it ended "smile, Ginger". That is how I will remember her.
    Shawna
    www.shawnaseto.com

Nobody gets in to see the wizard. Not nobody, not no how.

Join Smugmug get $5 bucks off!
  • Options
    RevLinePhotoRevLinePhoto Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2007
    A bit late yes, but I just had to leave a comment. When I started getting heavy into photography I had found Dgrin and was amazed at the images on here. Some that realy stood out to me were gingers her pictures became a inspiration along with many others on this forum. I am sad to here such a great photographer and teacher has passed and all the wonderfull images and stories will be greatly missed.

Rest in peace Ginger,
    Ryan
    BMW Tech
    Live life to its fullest you never know whats in your future.
    WWW.REVLINEPHOTO.COM
  • Options
    Sara-Ginger's SpawnSara-Ginger's Spawn Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited July 11, 2007
    Other camera and pictures
    What great pictures...thank you for posting them Rutt. I also went into your spreadsheet to view the others and it was so nice to be able to go back to that day.

There are a few pictures of the gallery on mom's/Ginger's camera and I have that camera.
    While I am getting quite good at figuring out the camera, I haven't been able to get the software up and running to get them on my computer to share. This is just a hiccup as I have had limited time on the computer with my two young kids home on summer vacation.
    That hasn't stopped me from shooting pictures though and I will figure out the best way of getting them from the camera to the computer.
    I envy my mom's freedom of time to work on her photos any time of the day. But I am diligently researching all my options and plan on getting the software and accessories needed soon. I just want to be sure I do it right.

I also wanted to comment on all the posts I have been re-visiting. It has been so nice to see how many people were affected by our mom and their heartfelt posts. The sincerity of all those who appreciated not only her art but also her friendship is touching. I am so glad there are many others out there who will miss her terribly as it makes us feel not as alone when we realize the hole her absence has created. Thank you, dgrinners, for sharing your stories of her and her posts. We visit them often.

Sara...
  • Options
    pecheneypecheney Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    Whoa
    I did not realize Ginger passed away! I had shot many times when i ran into her. Very cool lady! I shot her a couple times at the Southeastern Wildlife Exp, but cannot find which day it was. Sara, if you rememember or see any photos of ginger, let me know and I will send you jpegs or prints. I used to talk to her about her 20D when I ran into her. She was a good shooter and really liked by everybody around her. She had that positive aura about her. Sorry to hear about your loss. She was a great person indeed!

See if you see her in any of these galleries... I shot her maybe 4 or 5 times over teh past couple years I know... http://charleston.smugmug.com/2007%20Southeastern%20Wildlife%20Expo