Options

Andy/Baldy - feed me

Comments

• Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited March 31, 2008
    patch29 wrote:
    Lunch today. I have the same problem as Baldy. I ate this about 90 minutes ago and I am hungry again. Time to dip into the container of nuts. :D

271157981_BB2ZC-L.jpg
    Boy, that's an impressive meal, Patch! No wonder you're a skinny boy. :D

Talk about an anti-cancer meal.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    Using a rice cooker is a good way to "flash" veggies so they are fully cooked but retain most of their nutritional value.

Not to mention you don't have to waste money on a steamer or mess up allot of dishes w/ a steam basket.

Never owned a rice cooker as the truly good ones are very expensive...so I use my tupperware stack cooker....works great don't use much water and cooks quickly in mocrowave.....stack cooker was developed so you could cook a multi course meal all at one time in the micro wave.....including meats veggies and desert all at once......great 4 piece investment for me 10+yrs ago........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    Never owned a rice cooker as the truly good ones are very expensive...so I use my tupperware stack cooker....works great don't use much water and cooks quickly in mocrowave.....stack cooker was developed so you could cook a multi course meal all at one time in the micro wave.....including meats veggies and desert all at once......great 4 piece investment for me 10+yrs ago........
    I use a cheap rice cooker.
    The key to cooking rice well in a cheap rice cooker is three fold:
    1. Soak the rice overnight before cooking.
    2. After you clean the rice cooker and BEFORE you put it away. Spray/coat the cooking pot w/ your preferred oil so the oil penetrates the pores of the metal. This will make sure the starches that are released when the rice is cooking won't stick the rice to the pot.
    3. Remove the pot from the heating element as soon as the rice timer says it's done cooking. The heating element will stay 300+ degrees for another 5-10 minutes and overcook your rice.

Not trying to sell you on it Art. I just figured others could use this as well..
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    If we are talking rice cooking methods, here is mine (from the white rice day):
    1 part rice
    2 parts water
    into a microwavable glass bowl with lid
    into microwave for 20 minutes
    set for 5 minutes
    fluff

My current microwave has a 'rice' button, and never overcooks or over boils the water.

So far for brown or wild rice, I cook it stove top like a pilaf with veggies, with close to 1.5x liquid and 2x cooking time. Still really good, and one of very few ways I like mushrooms.
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    Another cholesterol drug is found to be completely ineffective: http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/03/30/cholesterol.drug.ap/index.html

What I find fascinating is that the drug apparently worked wonders at lowering cholesterol and triglycerides and artery inflammation; however, it had no effect what so ever (the article quotes the researcher as saying "zilch") on heart disease.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    Mike Lane wrote:
    Another cholesterol drug is found to be completely ineffective: http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/03/30/cholesterol.drug.ap/index.html

What I find fascinating is that the drug apparently worked wonders at lowering cholesterol and triglycerides and artery inflammation; however, it had no effect what so ever (the article quotes the researcher as saying "zilch") on heart disease.

Yeah, I just finished reading this one too. Very interesting...

I guess it goes to show that you have to actually eat healthy to guarantee you will lower your risk of heart disease and that just treating common markers with drugs (like lower high LDL levels with drugs) doesn't necessarily actually help you. Clearly the mechanism that causes heart disease is more complicated than a simple cholesterol level and definitely not well understood.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2008
    The cancer dangers of processed meat
    An interesting article from the UK on the cancer dangers of processed meat. An excerpt:

Professor Martin Wiseman, the charity's medical and scientific adviser, said: "We are more sure now than ever before that eating processed meat increases your risk of bowel cancer and this is why WCRF recommends that people avoid eating it.

The evidence is that whether you are talking about bacon, ham or pastrami, the safest amount to eat is none at all.

When you consider that eating 50g of processed meat a day can increase your risk of bowel cancer by about a fifth, it is clear that you can make a positive difference by cutting out as much as possible."

In Britain, bowel cancer is the second highest killing form of cancer (behind lung cancer) taking 16,000 lives per year.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    I just got Eat To Live and I've started really trying to make some changes. My mother-in-law just finished The China Study and is on-board, so there are a few of us inspired in our family now. My husband made me a 1-pound salad this morning when he made his own to take to work. I dumped it out onto a plate at lunch time (big mistake) and it was so huge it barely fit on the plate! Spinach, romaine, orange bell peppers, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes. I added some tomato vinaigrette. Simple, but a place to start. I dove in, but every time I looked down it seemed I'd hardly made a dent, and I actually began to have anxiety about trying to finish it all! I realized I could finish it at dinner time, so after I made it about 1/2 way, I wrapped it up and put it back in the fridge before I started to cry! Then I ate a few grapes.

I weighed and measured my waist this morning so I have some sort of reference point. That was highly depressing...as I'm larger now than I was 9 months pregnant with my son. Sigh. One day at a time.
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    An interesting article from the UK on the cancer dangers of processed meat. An excerpt:

Professor Martin Wiseman, the charity's medical and scientific adviser, said: "We are more sure now than ever before that eating processed meat increases your risk of bowel cancer and this is why WCRF recommends that people avoid eating it.

The evidence is that whether you are talking about bacon, ham or pastrami, the safest amount to eat is none at all.

When you consider that eating 50g of processed meat a day can increase your risk of bowel cancer by about a fifth, it is clear that you can make a positive difference by cutting out as much as possible."

In Britain, bowel cancer is the second highest killing form of cancer (behind lung cancer) taking 16,000 lives per year.
    Wow, did you read the comments to that? Here's a few good ones:
    Every week we have a study saying that eating something will increase the risk of getting cancer! This is another example of the health fascists trying the "cancer" card to make people eat more healthily. Two members of my family that died of breast cancer had never drank or smoked and were fairly healthy - still didn't make it to 70.

You should eat a healthy balanced diet with lots of fruit and veg - but also sausages and bacon if you want, steak, fish. Another study I have read says that butter is better for you than margarine!

Leave us alone health fascists!

- Nick, Chatham
    I don't get it, I buy sausages with 85% plus meat in them. What exactly is happening to that meat to cause cancer? It's just being minced up and some spices added to it. Are they talking about the dodgy cheap sausages packed out with rusk, water, connective tissues and bread? My toddler will only eat sausages at the moment so I buy the best I can find for him. Perhaps I should let him starve for fear of causing bowel cancer at three and a half. No doubt I'm a terrible parent either way!

- Lucie, Leeds
    Here we go again, so called experts crawl out of the woodwork, probably a veggie at that. Why these experts are given air time to brainwash the public I don't know.

- M Harrington, Hitchin

Those brits, they sure love their full english breakfasts! Here's a funny story. When Beth goes to fly (she flies one of these but for the brits at the moment) the crew gets catering from the base kitchen. The kitchen has to cater to everyone's diet. She is the first and only vegan they've ever had to cater to. When you get meals it'll have the meal printed on it and any special dietary considerations like "vegetarian." All the vegan meals say "Beth Lane" on them. lol3.gif Not a lot of vegans in the UK.

• Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    The Wife is almost in
    So with work running me crazy, I have not been eating as healthy as I would like. I was in meetings pretty much all last week. For the first two days they were at my office and the meeting coordinator brought in lots of fruit and Kashi granola. So I was able to do pretty well. Salads and Fruits.

I am surprised by how simply saying that I could not find fruit in the vending machines, how people started providing fruit for me. I am still trying to figure out the polite way to eat the stuff during meetings other than grapes.

Then I traveled out to meet with clients and the wheels fell off. Luckily next week I have a more control over the places I am eating. I have a hunch I might be pinging a few people on this thread for restaurant suggestions.

On a tangential note, I was listening to Colin Herd on ESPN Radio this morning and Colin was going on about how Prince Fielder is going Vegan. I understand the humor of Colin as I have been listening to him for a few years but it was still interesting to listen to the "image" of Vegetarians and Vegans. The podcast is here about 15 minutes in.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    edited April 1, 2008
    Last night I spoke at the retirement ceremony of the most influential professor I've ever had, who packed the auditorium with former students who flew from around the world to wish him well. He looks fabulous at 70, full of energy and love of life. The only one in the room who looked better was his world-renowned doctor wife, who is an authority on diseases of the mouth and a professor at UCSF (he was a professor at Stanford).

She said lesions in the mouth are often the first sign of immune system weakness, so she gets a lot of young men from San Francisco wondering why they have sores in their mouths. She was one of the first to diagnose aids and became famous for it.

She said she learned early the most powerful course of treatment was to get tough with her patients so they'd eat right and could restore their immune systems and get off the cocktail of drugs they were so often on. She said since the 70s she has told them with remarkable success, "Go straight to the produce section in the supermarket and load up. Don't ever eat meat or dairy again. Eat whole grains, legumes, and raw nuts. Nothing with more than 3 ingredients. Nothing fried or salted. Nothing refined. Your life depends on it."

Crap, I wish she'd told me that 25 years ago and I'd listened. I remember that the meals we had at their house were produce-based but I wish she'd slapped me around back then like she did last night.

She complimented me on my orange skin. :D She said if your skin isn't orange, eat more papaya, carrots, etc.

We talked about Colin Campbell and The China Study. She said he's absolutely right, but it's so sad that people think it's something new. She said it shows how good the food and drug companies are at influencing what we believe.
  • Options
    edited April 1, 2008
    Would you believe this?
    The University of Alberta Presents
    A Reason for Hope
    Dr. Jane Goodall, DBE

Public Lecture
    10 April 2008, 7:00 p.m.
    Jubilee Auditorium

and I am going to be here
    umph.gif

:cry
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    Anyone who's been reading this thread knows how much I love Dr. Fuhrman's Anti-Cancer Soup.

But, having just finished a bowl of kitcheree, I have to tell you that it is my favorite dish. It's a spicy Indian dish that ALWAYS makes me feel better for having eaten it. I don't know how, but it energizes me like no other food. :D Maybe the ayurvedics are onto something!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2008
    Hahaha, I ordered a bunch of stuff from Dr. Fuhrman Online and they forgot to ship the vitamins. I didn't get around to emailing them for just over 30 days (time flies...) so they refused to replace them saying it had been too long.

I gave away close to a hundred of his books, promote him everywhere, give a book group discussion on him, host this thread, send several patients his way, join Dr. Fuhrman.com and pay the annual fee, and they refuse to ship the vitamins they didn't ship the first time.

Money must be tight there.
  • Options
    zweiblumenzweiblumen Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2008
    Baldy wrote:
    Hahaha, I ordered a bunch of stuff from Dr. Fuhrman Online and they forgot to ship the vitamins. I didn't get around to emailing them for just over 30 days (time flies...) so they refused to replace them saying it had been too long.

I gave away close to a hundred of his books, promote him everywhere, give a book group discussion on him, host this thread, send several patients his way, join Dr. Fuhrman.com and pay the annual fee, and they refuse to ship the vitamins they didn't ship the first time.

Money must be tight there.

That's amazingly unprofessional of them. I'm not sure how much they are aware of your promotion of them, but even so they should be able to look in their records and see how much you buy just from the online shop. :nah not so happy with that.
    Travis
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2008
    zweiblumen wrote:
    That's amazingly unprofessional of them. I'm not sure how much they are aware of your promotion of them, but even so they should be able to look in their records and see how much you buy just from the online shop. :nah not so happy with that.
    15524779-Ti.gif
    If they are at the point where they're worried about a single order w/ an order history like Dons'. It's already too late. Sounds more like the customer service at the ground floor just isn't trained that well.

SmugMug is a perfect example. If you provide a superior product (which I'm sure Fuhrman does). The world will hunt you down.
  • Options
    ttorres33ttorres33 Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited April 4, 2008
    Need Suggestions
    I've been really struggling to stay on this diet lately. I started this diet because I have low blood sugar and it's the only diet I've been able to maintain that keeps me feeling good. Ever since I started it last October, I've had no blood sugar problems whatsoever. But two weeks ago that changed. My blood sugar has been all over the place.

i'm going through a particularly stressful time - both at work and in my personal life - and I know that stress dramatically affects my blood sugar. But it's also making it harder for me to maintain the diet. So I cheat and it's a vicious cycle. The worse i eat, the worse i feel and the more I want to eat poorly.

Breakfast and lunch are easy for me. I eat fruit for breakfast and salad for lunch every day. Dinner is my weakness. I work at a startup and frankly work far too much. On stressful days, I get home and the last thing I want to do is cook. I've tried to keep easy healthy things around - fresh veggies and hummus, edamame, salad fixings, etc. So that on days when I can't bring my self to cook, I can snack my way through dinner on healthy stuff. But I'm getting bored with food.

I know there are a ton of recipes posted in this thread. But do people have suggestions on quick meals or raw foods to keep around for those days when you just can't bring yourself to cook?
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2008
    Regarding ttores post
    Hey DavidTO:
    Is there a way to set up your tastebook to public use so ppl can place recipes in it? I bet after a few months, you'd have a winner of a cookbook!
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2008
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    Hey DavidTO:
    Is there a way to set up your tastebook to public use so ppl can place recipes in it? I bet after a few months, you'd have a winner of a cookbook!
    That's more or less what we've been doing, isn't it...? Sure, I add them in manually but all of the recipes in this thread have been put in as people donate them. The Tastebook is only controlled by its creator and I have shared the direct link with this thread. If you open an account on TB you can order that book as well as any recipes you have in your own collection. But making it a general communal, no-one-at-the-wheel project isn't possible AFAIK, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. mwink.gif
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2008
    ttorres33 wrote:
    I know there are a ton of recipes posted in this thread. But do people have suggestions on quick meals or raw foods to keep around for those days when you just can't bring yourself to cook?
    I'm no expert, but what I have been doing is making huge dishes when I have the time on the weekend and then eating the leftovers though the week. Soups are great for this, but my favorite thing has been a simple veggie pasta sauce.

I sautee red, yellow and orange peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower and onions, then add a large jar of pasta sauce. Make sure you buy a relatively plain sauce with no sugar added. Then I add some spices, a little hot sauce, cumin, cinnamon, garlic, etc and that's it! It makes a lot, so I fire up a whole pound of whole wheat pasta to put it over. It makes a bunch of meals for me and it takes about 45 minutes tops. thumb.gif

Hang in there with it! Don't beat yourself up for slipping - it's just a small bump in the road.deal.gif
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2008
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    I'm no expert, but what I have been doing is making huge dishes when I have the time on the weekend and then eating the leftovers though the week. Soups are great for this, but my favorite thing has been a simple veggie pasta sauce.

I sautee red, yellow and orange peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower and onions, then add a large jar of pasta sauce. Make sure you buy a relatively plain sauce with no sugar added. Then I add some spices, a little hot sauce, cumin, cinnamon, garlic, etc and that's it! It makes a lot, so I fire up a whole pound of whole wheat pasta to put it over. It makes a bunch of meals for me and it takes about 45 minutes tops. thumb.gif

Hang in there with it! Don't beat yourself up for slipping - it's just a small bump in the road.deal.gif

15524779-Ti.gif

Hang in there, Teresa! I hear you. The sauce is a great idea, except instead of pre-prepared sauces we actually just dump a can of organic crushed tomatoes into the pot and doctor it with peppers, onions, garlic, spices, etc.

Another staple for quick eats are beans. A couple of cans of beans in a pot with sauteed veggies and a bunch of spices is really quick (most of the time is spent chopping). I think our favorite now are black beans with onions, garlic, bell peppers, and dump a bunch of cumin and coriander, squeeze a lime in there and top with a little fresh cilantro.

Mixed with brown rice it's yummy on it's own. Or in a whole wheat tortilla it's a great burrito.

Cooking in bulk on weekends is the hot tip, I think. Except when your weekends are as busy as your weeks. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2008
    schmoo wrote:

Hang in there, Teresa!

Cooking in bulk (on weekends - I actually do this whenever I cook) is the hot tip, I think.

Bulk and freeze is what I try to do as well.

I've found that the 'stirfry bean burger' recipe is really versatile - burgers, sauce etc. My version of the recipe made lots of extra (I put in lot of veggies) and I froze them as patties. Pull a couple out, mix with tomatoes, cook and you have hearty pasta sauce. The pattie recipe I posted from Cooking Light is another big winner.

Of course soups. And soup is a great comfort if you are wound up - pop a nice bowl full into the microwave, sit down and enjoy. And I don't think it will feel heavy if you end up eating it late at night.

What about smoothies for evening meals? Full of nutrients if you have the ability to throw in some greens.

Anyway, keep trying - I know I have been on and off multiple times since July, and I keep coming back because I do feel different (better) when I'm back.

ann
  • Options
    AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2008
    A couple of quick things I do:

Veggie stir fry. I keep a huge bag of frozen "stir fry" vegetables from Costco in my freezer. I also keep minced garlic in the fridge and some fresh ginger. I toss the garlic and minced ginger (about a tablespoon each) with a little oil in a saute pan. Let those get really fragrant, then toss in your veggies with a couple tablespoons of low-sodium soy sauce and a tablespoon of rice vinegar and a couple of squirts of chinese hot sauce or tabasco sauce. I'll also put chunks of firm tofu in there before the veggies if I'm feeling up to cutting up tofu.

It takes about 7 minutes to cook the veggies. I do it over medium or medium-high heat, so I'm more "steaming" than stir frying... but it works and it's fast, yummy, warm, and smells reaaally good. It's my favorite way to eat broccoli. No chopping time, so it's much faster than most meals I make.

Popcorn. Ok, so not a meal... but one of my favorite night-time snacks is hot-air popped popcorn. Just toss the kernels in and two minutes later you've got a warm, voluminous and tasty snack. No salt or butter needed... I just eat it as-is! thumb.gif

Salsa. Also not a meal, but definitely helpful to have on hand. It's already nutritious and has great flavor, so we keep a Costco-sized jug of it in our fridge at all times. In a pinch, you can crumble tofu and cook it up with salsa and miscellaneous veggies and it'll turn out yummy. In a pinch, a burrito can come together with just a can of bean, a whole grain tortilla (these freeze really well) and some salsa. Heck, I've even just had salsa over leftover brown rice and heated that up for dinner.

Curry in a pouch. If you're looking for healthy "convenience" foods, you might try an Indian grocery. They have great vegetarian curries (check the ingredients to make sure you're not getting cream or tons of salt in them) that are sold in boxes for a couple of bucks. When you open them up, you'll find a pouch that you can just dump out and microwave, or heat up in boiling water. Surprisingly delicious and we've found several varieties with simple ingredients (veggies + lentils + spices).

Whole Wheat Couscous. Whole grains often take a while to cook (even though I just throw them in my rice cooker, so it's minimal hands-on time). However, couscous just takes boiling water and 5 minutes to "sit". Pretty nice! Make sure you buy "whole wheat", though. Most couscous is not whole grain. When we're in a rush, I'll put some hot water on the stove to boil, put some Indian curry in the microwave, and dinner will be on the table in 7 minutes.

-Anne
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2008
    FDA says - Foods with High Fructose Corn Syrup are not "natural"
    An unexpected dose of common sense from the FDA: http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/news/ng.asp?n=84404-fcs-natural. Probably not all that meaningful in the grand scheme of things, but it looks like foods with HFCS at least can't be labeled as "natural".
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    That's more or less what we've been doing, isn't it...? Sure, I add them in manually but all of the recipes in this thread have been put in as people donate them. The Tastebook is only controlled by its creator and I have shared the direct link with this thread. If you open an account on TB you can order that book as well as any recipes you have in your own collection. But making it a general communal, no-one-at-the-wheel project isn't possible AFAIK, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. mwink.gif
    Where is this list of recipes you speak of ear.gif TELL ME NOW :D If you mean scattered though this insanely long thread.. How do I search for them? I know there's some gold in these here hills.. But getting it all out..
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2008
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    Where is this list of recipes you speak of ear.gif TELL ME NOW :D

Linked in first post.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2008
    DavidTO wrote:
    Linked in first post.
    Cool! Soory. I have my cpanel settings setup to rad the most current post first. So I've never seen the first pages fo this thread :D
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2008
    So I think I just figured out what I am going to be getting the wife for her Birthday in 17 days... it was going to be a VitaMix (but that would be like me getting her a bowling ball with the name Homer on it [Simpson's reference]) but I am thinking the Tastebook would be good. :D
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2008
    AnneMcBean wrote:
    A couple of quick things I do:

Veggie stir fry. I keep a huge bag of frozen "stir fry" vegetables from Costco in my freezer. I also keep minced garlic in the fridge and some fresh ginger. I toss the garlic and minced ginger (about a tablespoon each) with a little oil in a saute pan. Let those get really fragrant, then toss in your veggies with a couple tablespoons of low-sodium soy sauce and a tablespoon of rice vinegar and a couple of squirts of chinese hot sauce or tabasco sauce. I'll also put chunks of firm tofu in there before the veggies if I'm feeling up to cutting up tofu.
    Anne, you should try adding some tempeh to your stir fry. We found some tempeh with added seaweed and it was great!

I'll definitely try rice vinegar next stirfry day.

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2008
    ttorres33 wrote:
    I've been really struggling to stay on this diet lately. I started this diet because I have low blood sugar and it's the only diet I've been able to maintain that keeps me feeling good. Ever since I started it last October, I've had no blood sugar problems whatsoever. But two weeks ago that changed. My blood sugar has been all over the place.

i'm going through a particularly stressful time - both at work and in my personal life - and I know that stress dramatically affects my blood sugar. But it's also making it harder for me to maintain the diet. So I cheat and it's a vicious cycle. The worse i eat, the worse i feel and the more I want to eat poorly.

Breakfast and lunch are easy for me. I eat fruit for breakfast and salad for lunch every day. Dinner is my weakness. I work at a startup and frankly work far too much. On stressful days, I get home and the last thing I want to do is cook. I've tried to keep easy healthy things around - fresh veggies and hummus, edamame, salad fixings, etc. So that on days when I can't bring my self to cook, I can snack my way through dinner on healthy stuff. But I'm getting bored with food.

Firstly get your stress under control....BECAUSE.....you may be hypoglycemic(low bloodsugar) right now.....BUT if you do not control your stress it will take a very UGLY turn.....into....DIABETES (hyperglycemia).......now I am speaking as a person that was very healthy never had any blood sugar issues until I went thru a period of very overyly stressful personal probs (that caused me to quit photography as it caused me to loose my desire and also my creativity)....and !!!!WHAM!!!!....I became diabetic and at first I believed everyting mydoctors were telling me about diabetes .... it is hereditary, caused simply by being overweight...but only 1 person in my family ever had diabetes and then I hunted with the Dr. that said that and the overweight and he found out how out of shape he was in the upland game fields (phaesant and quail hunting)....so I researched and found so much that now one tells you......

Ok too long on the need to DE-STRESS......do medatqtion if you have too...but get at least an hour a day of YOUR TIME ..... JUST FOR YOU and think only beautiful thoughts......do not let personal or job related slip into the mind........it is amazing what an hour a day can do for you....some Buddhist I know do walking, running & dancing medatations.....personally I try to get to a park an hour before closing and sit up against a tree (large oak works best for me) and to just empty my mind of all thought...blank it out for an hour or as close to it as I can....simply amazing

Another little thing I do when I am stuck indoors do to weather conditions is to do a little self age regression...learn this backin the '70's and I taken little trips that were so relaxing it was amasing at what an hour can do to make you feel as if you had a full 8 hours sleep............

Good luck at DE STRESSING.....................

Also do not think of this as a diet...simply put diets were devised for one thing....to make money for its creator.....it has to be a lifestyle just like the bad one your trying to leave behind............

Again GOOD LUCK...........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website