Options

Show us your business Card!

Comments

• Options
    Binder PhotographyBinder Photography Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 23, 2010
    card7-1.jpg
  • Options
    DEyeDEye Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited July 24, 2010
    For Introduction Purposes
    This is a new one I just ordered from Moo, Thanks Smug I still received 50 free...
    Currently I don't shoot professionally, maybe someday. I pass out cards to those that ask where they can see my work and in some instances download...

945339692_TZNgC-M.png

These are a sampling from the front side...

945339907_zJH2v-S.png945340454_LLSuU-S.png945340116_rQamQ-S.png

945340815_AUDPp-S.png945341064_um6y9-S.png945341202_wLJh3-S.png

945340595_QnAe2-S.png945340222_8SnFb-S.png945341342_Rk869-S.png
    http://www.pixelexcellence.com
    http://www.jlemieux.smugmug.com

The Camera Snob's Worst Enemy... Sony Alpha :bow

Sony α700 ● Sony f 2.8 / 70-200G Zeiss f 3.5-4.5 / 16-80 ● Sony f 2.8 / 100 Macro ● LensBaby Composer
    ● 2x Teleconverter ● Kenko Ext. Tubes
    ● Celestron Nextar 4SE - W/ T adapter
  • Options
    david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2010
    Its my first time looking at this category. So here's mine:

You are under the most professional care

946760303_Twp4L-M.jpg

946760305_fKEup-M.jpg
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited July 25, 2010
    david-low wrote: »
    Its my first time looking at this category. So here's mine:

You are under the most professional care
    Do you really have a business card that doesn't include any contact information? I don't see a web or email address, also no phone number.

--- Denise
  • Options
    david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2010
    Do you really have a business card that doesn't include any contact information? I don't see a web or email address, also no phone number.

--- Denise

Laughing.gif, I'm just a hobbyist. These pics are actually meant for my bio. All will run far away from me if they see such business card. Sorry, some pun intended. Maybe meant for people who like candid shot and sold them idea straight away. But who will pose for candid? But actually, I think I'm good enough to make some money.
  • Options
    GastrocnemiusGastrocnemius Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited July 29, 2010
    Cape Town Photographer - My Card(s)
    Hello,

I have been away for the best part of a year (long story), but would like to bounce back by joining this thread.

I design and build websites and now include my photography into the deal to differentiate myself from the competition and create an edge.

I also spent some time travelling in Africa and hope to sell prints of my better shots when I get organised

All comments welcome...
  • Options
    NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2010
    They didn't scan perfectly but here are the various cards I got from MOO and then the back to all of them is in the lower left:

952549518_ioteh-O.jpg

Ops, I forgot one:

952553158_D6mif-O.jpg
  • Options
    pecheneypecheney Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited July 30, 2010
    jwkpec.com commercial photography
  • Options
    Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2010
    Not sure what else to do with this card... Looking for inspiration and constructive criticism. I'm stuck in Canada on a fishing trip and am redesigning my business cards. Right now I'm sitting in front of a hotel stealing internet... shhhh :tiptoe

Front:
    958803932_4K3Gk-L.jpg

Back:
    958803927_i9Ub7-L.jpg
    Jer
  • Options
    TstormTstorm Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited August 5, 2010
    As my website becomes closer to being finished, I thought it might be good to have a way of directing the people I meet on the street to it. So this is the draft I came up with.

Front:
    [IMG]http://www.jacobmast.net/images/other/Card back.png[/IMG]
    Back:
    [IMG]http://www.jacobmast.net/images/other/Card Front.png[/IMG]

Just because I'm the new guy doesn't mean you have to take it easy on me. In fact, I'm kinda hoping for the opposite.
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2010
    Changed a few things around. This is the newest version of my card. Single sided vertical card.

960875984_WLMZX-L.jpg
    Jer
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,458 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2010
    Changed a few things around. This is the newest version of my card. Single sided vertical card.

Never cared for vertical business cards, maybe I'm just old...rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2010
    Tstorm wrote: »
    As my website becomes closer to being finished, I thought it might be good to have a way of directing the people I meet on the street to it. So this is the draft I came up with.

Front:
    [IMG]http://www.jacobmast.net/images/other/Card back.png[/IMG]
    Back:
    [IMG]http://www.jacobmast.net/images/other/Card Front.png[/IMG]

Just because I'm the new guy doesn't mean you have to take it easy on me. In fact, I'm kinda hoping for the opposite.

Jacob, I really like your overall design on your card. If I were you though, I'd think about changing to a font other than Papyrus. It's a highly overused font and at the small size you're using it for your contact info, it's difficult to read. Something with a cleaner look (Helvetica or Arial) would compliment the design of your card better.

Also, I'm big on consistency and the initial caps and all caps difference on your name between the front and back bugs me. The color change is fine as each color suits the background it's on, but I just can't get over the caps difference. ne_nau.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2010
    Never cared for vertical business cards, maybe I'm just old...rolleyes1.gif

lol, whenever I come across one I'm always like.. woah, thats different (in a good way). Not many people go with a vertical card, I think it will help my card stand out from the rest.

I also have some other business cards I had professionally designed that I just got in. 2x4 folded business cards. But, they're a little too out there, which is why I'm trying to tone it down with a few of these normal looking ones. Different cards for the different demographics found in my clients.
    Jer
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2010
    lol, whenever I come across one I'm always like.. woah, thats different (in a good way). Not many people go with a vertical card, I think it will help my card stand out from the rest.

I also have some other business cards I had professionally designed that I just got in. 2x4 folded business cards. But, they're a little too out there, which is why I'm trying to tone it down with a few of these normal looking ones. Different cards for the different demographics found in my clients.
    Heh, interesting timing; I just had some new business cards made, vertical ones (they should be in this week, I'll post some when I get them). 'Different' is one of the reasons I went with the vertical one; Whether you love it or hate it, it will stand out.

(I used these for a while for my other job (sorry for the poor quality):
    962213326_phmTq-S.jpg
    They are not 'fancy' or maybe not even 'pretty', but they usually did remember me :D )
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited August 8, 2010
    I like the addition of the type of photography you do to the card, and I do like the vertical card. I prefer horizontal, but you're right, it does make your card standout, and I think that the vertical works here.

--- Denise
  • Options
    TstormTstorm Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2010
    CWSkopec wrote:
    Jacob, I really like your overall design on your card. If I were you though, I'd think about changing to a font other than Papyrus. It's a highly overused font and at the small size you're using it for your contact info, it's difficult to read. Something with a cleaner look (Helvetica or Arial) would compliment the design of your card better.

Also, I'm big on consistency and the initial caps and all caps difference on your name between the front and back bugs me. The color change is fine as each color suits the background it's on, but I just can't get over the caps difference. ne_nau.gif

I did the first sketch on my laptop during some downtime while I was at the office. I meant for the fonts to be the same as the ones on the homepage, and I remembered looking at Papyrus for it, but since DoD networks block my site, I wasn't able to check. Turns out I used Lithos Pro for the site, with Bank Gothic to accent it, so that's what I changed it to on the card. The contact info is in Hypatia Sans Pro, which I think is the same font as the icons for all of the Adobe products. I realized I made the mistake of designing both sides individually, and not as a pair. I went back, tweaked the gradient to go to the same shade of blue as the line on the front, and I made the Jacob Mast Photography the same on both sides, which meant getting rid of the blue colored text.

Front:
    Cardf1.png
    Back:
    Cardb1.png

Not sure what I think of it though. I like it, but there's something about it I just can't place.

Also, any idea of a place that can do just the two rounded corners, and be reasonably priced? Or would it just be better to choose all or none?

Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2010
    ivar wrote: »
    Heh, interesting timing; I just had some new business cards made, vertical ones (they should be in this week, I'll post some when I get them). 'Different' is one of the reasons I went with the vertical one; Whether you love it or hate it, it will stand out.

(I used these for a while for my other job (sorry for the poor quality):
    They are not 'fancy' or maybe not even 'pretty', but they usually did remember me :D )

Look forward to seeing your new cards Ivar!
    Jer
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2010
    I like the addition of the type of photography you do to the card, and I do like the vertical card. I prefer horizontal, but you're right, it does make your card standout, and I think that the vertical works here.

--- Denise

Thanks Denise, I appreciate your feedback!
    Jer
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2010
    Look forward to seeing your new cards Ivar!

Side A:

968518141_qBUxU-M.jpg

Side B:

968518277_Pn9U5-M.jpg

Side B has a variety of shots, both horizontal/vertical and black&white/color.

I used MOO (which I love wings.gif) and I got a pack for free :D
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2010
    not as creative as many of yours.. but here is mine.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2010
    Side A:

Side B:

Side B has a variety of shots, both horizontal/vertical and black&white/color.

I used MOO (which I love wings.gif) and I got a pack for free :D

Oo Very nice!! I have some Mini Moo cards I keep on my keychain.. love the quality. Just really expensive ne_nau.gif
    Jer
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2010
    Oo Very nice!! I have some Mini Moo cards I keep on my keychain.. love the quality. Just really expensive ne_nau.gif
    To be honest, I don't think it is that expensive. Maybe it is because business cards are not a big thing here really and they are relatively expensive (compared to say the US) to begin with. But for full color, double sided printed it really is not bad I think.

Another thing I like is that because business cards are not a big thing here, I don't give out that many and Moo allows me to order small quantities so that I can change out the pictures on "side B" and have them be 'current', if you know what I mean.

btw, someone asked about the +31 at the bottom; it is the beginning of my phonenumber, the rest I took out for posting here.
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2010
    To be honest, I don't think it is that expensive. Maybe it is because business cards are not a big thing here really and they are relatively expensive (compared to say the US) to begin with. But for full color, double sided printed it really is not bad I think.

Another thing I like is that because business cards are not a big thing here, I don't give out that many and Moo allows me to order small quantities so that I can change out the pictures on "side B" and have them be 'current', if you know what I mean.

btw, someone asked about the +31 at the bottom; it is the beginning of my phonenumber, the rest I took out for posting here.

Makes sense. I guess they're not that expensive when you think about it. Other places would charge a lot more for short run stuff with different pictures like this. I'm saying its expensive compared to where I get my business cards printed. I can get almost 2000 cards for how much moo charges for 100. And they're pretty good quality.

Anyways.. you're smart to just order a few and change the pictures out frequently to keep current.
    Jer
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited August 14, 2010
    Given the quality, quantity and speed with which Moo delivers, I thought the price was very reasonable.

Of course if you need a large qty, it's not the best option but still viable.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    HinsonHinson Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    ian408 wrote: »
    Given the quality, quantity and speed with which Moo delivers, I thought the price was very reasonable.

Of course if you need a large qty, it's not the best option but still viable.

It seems to me that unless you just have to have a different image on every card, it is cheaper to buy them from just about any on-line printer in batches of 250 or more per image and mix and match.

One hundred cards wouldn't do me at all. I give them out in volume at car shows, cruise-ins, etc. Most shows will have 50-100 cars and some upwards of 300. I try to give every owner a card, so Moo would be very expensive. I'll have to reorder before next season so I'm now thinking that rather than order all the same image, I can order 20 sets of 250 and mix them up.
    Serving Him by Serving Others
    www.Jerrywhitephotography.com
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2010
    Hinson wrote: »
    It seems to me that unless you just have to have a different image on every card, it is cheaper to buy them from just about any on-line printer in batches of 250 or more per image and mix and match.

One hundred cards wouldn't do me at all. I give them out in volume at car shows, cruise-ins, etc. Most shows will have 50-100 cars and some upwards of 300. I try to give every owner a card, so Moo would be very expensive. I'll have to reorder before next season so I'm now thinking that rather than order all the same image, I can order 20 sets of 250 and mix them up.

I was thinking about doing the same thing. Ordering a different image on the back in sets of 100 or 250.
    Jer
  • Options
    rgphotorgphoto Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    I've been very happy with Got Print. I've used them for two cards so far. They make you re-upload your files if they think the border wont print properly (which I had troubles with when printing with Vistaprint). Their cards are very inexpensive, especially when printing in higher quantities, and their quality is great. I've been using the 16pt matte cards.
    website | blog | twitter | facebook

Nikon d700, sb-600 external flash Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, AF NIKKOR 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 D, AF-S NIKKOR 18-70mm 1:3.5-4.5 G, AF Promaster Macro

Using photography to pay for engineering school is a bad business plan.
  • Options
    chrisjohnsonchrisjohnson Registered Users Posts: 771 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    Ivar, I think your card is just perfect.

I need to redo mine so I'll check Moo. Probably I stay with landscape because lots of people have these wallet thingies and it is a bit easier for them.
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2010
    rgphoto wrote: »
    I've been very happy with Got Print. I've used them for two cards so far. They make you re-upload your files if they think the border wont print properly (which I had troubles with when printing with Vistaprint). Their cards are very inexpensive, especially when printing in higher quantities, and their quality is great. I've been using the 16pt matte cards.

Same, I've been using them since the start, and the same card stock you're using. Love the quality.
    Jer