napping with casey

52859841-L.jpg
    laurie in rural minnesota

my stuff
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2006
    Cool photos!

I wish this were a sticky on the nature thread. I am always confused as to where to post my dog shots, and I know people forget about this thread unless it is on top.

Now I feel like I need to move all of my dogs over here, or at least the last ones. I posted them on the nature thread.

I did not know where this thread was after "wide angle" disappeared. I could have searched, but I figured if I didn't know, lots of other people didn't either ...............

I have enjoyed looking over some of the more recent pages! Dogs are always cool, and there are some good photos here!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    MotoKatMotoKat Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2006
    oohhhhh didn't know there was a doggie thread! clap.gif

Ozzie
    40844465-M-1.jpg

Dixie (she was tired)
    50760792-M.jpg

Katie (she wasn't)
    45812756-M-1.jpg
  • Options
    ssersser Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2006
    my dog Mookie at christmas

50790724-M.jpg
  • Options
    livinginozlivinginoz Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2006
    sser wrote:
    my dog Mookie at christmas

50790724-M.jpg

i really love this shot. is he a chessie or a chocolate lab?
    laurie in rural minnesota

my stuff
  • Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2006
    52909603-M-1.jpg
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2006
    another thread from the archives and a good one lets' see

Big tongue
    47092052-L.jpg

and his buddy Wall eye
    51723641-O.jpg
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2006
    50611659-L.jpg
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    edited January 20, 2006
    53163584-M-1.jpg
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2006
    Great,this thread popped back up.I thought it was lost and I couldnt find itheadscratch.gif

53215924-M.jpg

53215958-M.jpg

53216116-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2006
    Charlie, the psychiatrist's dog and companion
    53528901-L.jpg
  • Options
    AngelaAngela Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited January 22, 2006
    I love this shot ginger...right where a faithful pup should be!

And I really love your top shot John...very alert and smart looking dog!
  • Options
    mereimagemereimage Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    My buddy-protector, guard, varmint killer, and big hearted 'pup'
    24159343-M.jpg
    Mereimage
  • Options
    AngelaAngela Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    My first image post! Sari Anastasia - White German Shepherd and her faithful pal Joseph
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    Welcome Angela, Good way to start!

53743092-M.jpg
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited January 25, 2006
    Angela & 4labs, you guys cannot know how happy your shots
    make me :D

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2006
    digismile wrote:
    Looks like this thread died out ...

Maybe there are some new photos out there that are just waiting to be posted. Here is a picture of our new dog Gilligan. We got him Dec 26 at about 7 weeks of age. I can't believe how much he has grown in 3 weeks!

52496495-S.jpg

Getting a puppy to pose for a picture is really hard! When I look at puppy calendars, I now look at them with great respect!

Well, you did a nice job, this one looks really good. Nice setting, the colors work, the background looks good. thumb.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    SigalSigal Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited January 25, 2006
    Cocker
    My friends asked me to take photos of their dogs, they have 3.

This is one of them :):

animals19.jpg

Sigal
  • Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    Like Wilson on "Home Imrprovements" ...

Howdy Neighbour!

54368641-M.jpg

And later when the little tornado has run out of steam ...

54368627-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2006
    54558521-M-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2006
    My first time at the offleash! Watch me run!

55950103-M.jpg

Wait for me!

55950090-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2006
    BIG dog ...

59457239-L.jpg

A bit smaller ...

59457218-L.jpg

Don't you think he looks a bit like the Flying Nun?

59457247-L.jpg

59457224-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2006
    Haven't had the desire to post any dog photos here since my Buddy passed away April 18th. But life must go on, and there's always another 4 legged friend to brighten us 2 legged folks day ...

A few from recent visits to the offleash ...

89468915-M.jpg

87904948-M.jpg

86716800-M.jpg
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2006
    Sorry to hear about Buddy. Our pets are closer to us in ways that people cannot be. Are these your new dogs or just adorable pictures of others dogs? I like the second shot a lot.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2006
    digismile wrote:
    Haven't had the desire to post any dog photos here since my Buddy passed away April 18th. But life must go on, and there's always another 4 legged friend to brighten us 2 legged folks day ...

So sorry about your Buddy. It is the most difficult thing to lose a pet. Glad you have found some new ones to love...tell us more about them.
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2006
    I didn't know this thread existed....now you guys are going to be sorry!!! I take more photos of my dogs than anything else! After losing 2 of my dogs in a few months time about 5 years ago, I adopted this little firecracker. She's the sweetest dog on earth, but boy, does she have 'tude!!! Her name is Suzie. About 6 months later I adopted Nikki to keep her company while I work.

This is Suzie recently before her haircut...
    86048278-L.jpg

I have small dogs because I live in a condo....but don't let the small size fool you...they have the worst reps in the neighborhood! rolleyes1.gif I always seem to have a long lens in my hand and a very short balcony, so I shoot a lot of head shots. In fact, Suzie is getting quite well "recognized" on the Daily Photo for the "back" of her head!!!

77814797-M.jpg

87624391-M.jpg

89375157-M.jpg

89309799-M.jpg

Friday night she begged for a frontal shot though, while I was experimenting with my new Canon 580 flash and my Gary Fong Light Sphere!!! As ususal, she was too close to the lens.....but hey!!! No doggie green eyes or red eyes!!!!clap.gif
    89376943-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2006
    This is my other gal, Nikki. She is getting up there in years and turning quite grey. She use to love to "pose" for pics and would wag her tail and smile. But she hates that big, black CANON 20D!!!!! Now she leaves the room! Guess I will have to get my point and shoot out for her. I find that the auto-focus does not work well on finding her eyes against the black fur and she is continually OOF. But then, that goes along with her personality! (DOGS RULE!!!!)

89318663-L.jpg

87736018-M.jpg

87736021-M.jpg

89318661-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    Sorry to hear about Buddy. Our pets are closer to us in ways that people cannot be. Are these your new dogs or just adorable pictures of others dogs? I like the second shot a lot.
    Thanks for the thoughts, Gluwater and Saurora. No, these recent pictures are just random shots from the offleash. We do have another furchild in the family. His name is Gilligan and he's a 9.5 month old, 90 pound, puppy brained retriever. If you look at my post from Mar 11, Buddy is the shepherd and Gilligan is the pup in the last couple of photos. We got him at Christmas and brought him home from Montreal as a little ball of fluff. Well, he still has a bit of fluff, but there's nothing small about him ...

I initially found it very difficult to go to the offleash with Gilligan after Buddy died, as this had been a regular routine for many years with Buddy. When we got Gilligan, I had a wonderful time photographing them both. It just wasn't the same without Buddy.

Well, Smart Wife suggested one day that I just come and take photos of the dogs (Smart Wife knows how absorbed I can get when I'm photographing). Well, maybe this one time ... Well, I had fun, and I just kept doing it week after week. In fact, I even got a couple of unexpected customers that wanted a better photo of their dogs.

So my reason for posting these photos of other people's dogs in this thread is twofold:

First, to continue practicing pet photography (they take lousy direction, and would rather play than worry whether you have the shot or not),

and second, to hopefully revive interest in this thread. It was started by 4Labs, who has some great shots of his "pack". I have plently of shots of my own dog(s). I thought people might get tired of seeing the same pooch every week. I am hoping that others will be inclined to post photos of their furchildren, just like you did.

Here is Gilligan from a couple of weeks ago ...

87742312-M.jpg

89469073-M.jpg

Let's celebrate the life of Buddy and all dogs past and present by showing off their zest and passion for life ... So let's see more dog photos people! (That includes you 4labs :):).

P.S. For those interested in a great read, I suggest "Marley and Me, life and love with the world's worst dog", by John Grogan. It should be a mandatory read for any dog owner ...
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited August 22, 2006
    digismile wrote:
    P.S. For those interested in a great read, I suggest "Marley and Me, life and love with the world's worst dog", by John Grogan. It should be a mandatory read for any dog owner ...

And no dog is ever far when he is in your heart.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2006
    My dogs are totally neglected! Except for the fact that I come home, or if here I get up from the computer to feed them.

I took them to the beach once this year. After we got home, the 4 yr old corgi w dysplasia could barely walk, could not get from one room to the other. The next day he was fine, but I was wiped out!

My car is not air conditioned, the dogs drank sea water. whine whine. SO, I used to take a gazillion photos, it was dogs, dogs, dogs.........

Now it is dailies, dailies, dailies............and lately birds, etc.

I guess I have to take the dogs somewhere to photograph them. Was waiting for cooler weather, best excuse I can think of.

I have two Corgis, a red/white male and a tri female. I have an older Yorkshire terrier and she rules! Quietly, or yappy, but firmly.

I will post here, too. Either I didn't know this thread existed or I forgot.

Sorry for all the dogs who have died. I had a run of that about 4 and 5 yrs ago. It is wrenching!

Glad for all the dogs here!!!! They will rule the world, have access, all we ever wanted........................in a few years. Now, it can be inconvenient to take a dog with me.

Oh, yeah, and there are aligators where I shoot. The dogs, 3?, are allowed on leash, but I would shoot and not notice the aligator. Scary thought!

52366345-M.jpg

Bill and dogs on a colder day at the beach!

ginger