Options

Your Assignment For This Weekend

fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited March 12, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here's your photo assignment for this weekend: Red.

• Photos must be fresh - taken this weekend, not stuff you've got hanging around on your computer.
  • Red means anything that contains the color red in it.
Have at it.
"Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson

Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2004
    fish wrote:

• Photos must be fresh - taken this weekend, not stuff you've got hanging around on your computer.
    • Red means anything that contains the color red in it.
    Have at it.

God Fish, it's already Saturday...hmmm red red...By the way, did you check out my b&w nude you've been waiting for?
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    God Fish, it's already Saturday...hmmm red red...By the way, did you check out my b&w nude you've been waiting for?

Oh...btw...no cheating with PS, like this:

2719612-M.jpg
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2004
    Jeez...am I the only one having fun with these assignments? What happened to all you folks who jumped up and down about photo contests?

Here are my Saturday submissions:

2723210-L.jpg

2723215-L.jpg

2723214-L.jpg

2723213-L.jpg
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2004
    Well, issuing a challenge at 4pm ET on a Saturday isn't exactly giving folks much time to react. I've been out shooting all day, but it doesn't look like the color red was in any of the plants, people or objects I shot.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Well, issuing a challenge at 4pm ET on a Saturday isn't exactly giving folks much time to react. I've been out shooting all day, but it doesn't look like the color red was in any of the plants, people or objects I shot.

It was 1pm PT, by the way, and at least I gave it the entire weekend this time. There's no red in ANY of the photos you took today? How can that be?
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2004
    Chill winston....

2724710-L.jpg
  • Options
    Richard CabesaRichard Cabesa Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2004
    This is the only thing I shot that was red today unless you count the tail light on the bike in one shot. I went riding all day.

I really like the idea of an assignment or theme for a challange each week. It can motivate us to go out and look around. I think it should be posted on maybe thursday or friday though. I'm sure everyone here is busy and may not be able to just drop everything and go looking for red.
    2724693-M.jpg
    David
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Chill winston....

2724710-L.jpg
    thats kinda kool humy?
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2004
    Oh yeah...they're starting to roll in now... :D
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2004
    fish wrote:
    Oh yeah...they're starting to roll in now... :D
    wait until tomorrow fish... we are all out on the town tonitebeer.gif
  • Options
    Win38-55Win38-55 Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited March 6, 2004

How did you know I was wearing red? 2725116-S.jpg
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    wait until tomorrow fish... we are all out on the town tonitebeer.gif
    Turn it up lynn...im still trying to get over sat night. Seeing as im a day in front do you want me to tell you what happens ?
  • Options
    amadeusamadeus Registered Users Posts: 2,125 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2004
    subway sounds, sounds of complaint..

2725274-O.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2004
    amadeus wrote:
    subway sounds, sounds of complaint..

Well done, flug...glad to see you rising to the occasion and leaving the others in the dust. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2004
    the smell of acid on his gun of paint
    as he carves out anger in a blood red band

2725273-O-1.jpg
  • Options
    slaniacslaniac Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 6, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Can it be a little on the orange side of red? Tonights moonrise.
    2724582-S.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2004
    no
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2004
    slaniac wrote:
    Can it be a little on the orange side of red? Tonights moonrise.
    Hiya slaniac wave.gif

It's gotta be red. Check out my orange moon here.
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2004
    Win38-55 wrote:

How did you know I was wearing red? 2725116-S.jpg

Hey win wave.gif Nice shirt. Is that bbq sauce?
  • Options
    CroMagCroMag Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited March 6, 2004
    Red is good for you....in moderation.

2726806-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2004
    CroMag wrote:
    Red is good for you....in moderation.

hey cromag wave.gif nice to see a tie-in with beer.
  • Options
    birdbird Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 7, 2004
    Less red, more orange.
    I'll be back with a freshie - not one hangin' around the computer. :bash
  • Options
    slaniacslaniac Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 7, 2004
    fish wrote:
    Hiya slaniac wave.gif

It's gotta be red. Check out my orange moon here.
    Nice, I enjoyed seeing that the other night. The color sepia comes to mind though, not orange.
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2004
    fish wrote:
    It was 1pm PT, by the way, and at least I gave it the entire weekend this time. There's no red in ANY of the photos you took today? How can that be?

It was 4pm per the hour count on your post - 5 hours ago at 9:20pm ET. Scarcely the entire weekend. I tend to do more than walk out into my backyard. I can only find a smidge of red in today's stuff.

2727671-M.jpg
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited March 7, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    It was 4pm per the hour count on your post - 5 hours ago at 9:20pm ET. Scarcely the entire weekend. I tend to do more than walk out into my backyard. I can only find a smidge of red in today's stuff.

2727671-M.jpg
    Nice composition. I bet 'Fitz would be happy with this one!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited March 7, 2004
    Here's something red.

2728026-M.jpg
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2004
    wxwax wrote:

2727671-M.jpg
    There's some good red there. Quit complaining.
  • Options
    kbasakbasa Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited March 7, 2004
    2728072-M.jpgYeah, I just happened to take this shot this morning. I'll try and find some better stuff tomorrow....
    What's this button do?
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2004
    ian408 wrote:
    Nice composition. I bet 'Fitz would be happy with this one!

Ian

Thanks, pure luck, it was there when I went for breakfast after my haircut. It's amazing what you see when you have your camera with you. Now, if Captain Birdseye had said green... well, I got a lot of green today.

2728205-M.jpg
    Sid.
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2004
    See, if he'd said "Green" everything would have been mellow.

2728206-M.jpg
    Sid.