Options

Your Assignment For This Weekend

Comments

• Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    See, if he'd said "Green" everything would have been mellow.

2728206-M.jpg
    Where was this taken, waxy?

Green's too damn easy. Everything's green right now (except for the great white north, of course). Just be glad I didn't say blue. Headsup...next weekend is probably going to be a geometric shape.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2004
    fish wrote:
    Here's your photo assignment for this weekend: Red.

• Photos must be fresh - taken this weekend, not stuff you've got hanging around on your computer.
    • Red means anything that contains the color red in it.
    Have at it.
    I am up to my neck in alligators because of moving. (some have a ...ahem... lower opinion) and have only taken 5 pics. This is just a snap shot of a friend but it idoes have red. Maybe the mad croppers can actually turn it into a real photo. As per usual, click on the image to get the higher res jpeg to play with.

sa_red_s.jpg
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2004
    CroMag wrote:
    Red is good for you....in moderation.

2726806-M.jpg
    Hi Cromag,
    know the Portsmouth Brewery well..glad to see you frequent only the best places..
    Lynn1drink.gif
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2004
    fish wrote:

• Photos must be fresh - taken this weekend, not stuff you've got hanging around on your computer.
    Have at it.
    not very fresh, found in back of fridge, only thing red in my life right now...
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2004
    fish wrote:
    Where was this taken, waxy?

Green's too damn easy. Everything's green right now (except for the great white north, of course). Just be glad I didn't say blue. Headsup...next weekend is probably going to be a geometric shape.

I took your advice from long ago and went to the Botanical Gardens. That shot was a rescue of a bad shot - gotta love the power of the crop. I am full of crop.

2728025-M.jpg

You're right -- green is too easy. I could simply shoot the contents of my nose. I'm getting my butt kicked by what I guess is allergies, for what feels like the first time in my life.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    not very fresh, found in back of fridge, only thing red in my life right now...

Lynn, you have lovely tomatoes. :D
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    I took your advice from long ago and went to the Botanical Gardens. That shot was a rescue of a bad shot - gotta love the power of the crop. I am full of crop.

2728025-M.jpg

You're right -- green is too easy. I could simply shoot the contents of my nose. I'm getting my butt kicked by what I guess is allergies, for what feels like the first time in my life.
    Nice crop Sid, hail to the crop. Regarding your green nose.. Allegra works, take one at night but beware, continuous use tends to make one dopey..at least thats what my husband said happend to me..so I sniff and sneeze all morning but babble on a lot.
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Ah cool. Glad to see you made it over there. The azaleas should be blooming pretty good now, huh?

TMI. Try Claritin...no drowsy or wired effect.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2004
    I'm afraid I wouldn't know an Azalea from the green gunk in my nose. ne_nau.gif Do allergies make you fart more? headscratch.gif Claritin it is.
    Sid.
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    I'm afraid I wouldn't know an Azalea from the green gunk in my nose. ne_nau.gif Do allergies make you fart more? headscratch.gif Claritin it is.
    of course they do silly... clariton is good for farts too.
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2004
    mwink.gif
    Sid.
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    mwink.gif
    ya know Sid... I'm actually out side raking my yard and clearing up last years old plants as it's the first warm sunny day that we have not been under snow... I do actually have a life of sorts.. I sometimes think people like us don't.
    rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2004
    Some Sunday Submissions
    2735747-L.jpg

2735746-L.jpg
    Macro taken with Tamron 28-75/2.8 XR Di lens. Not bad, but probably would have been a lot crisper with the Canon 100/2.8 macro.
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Azaleas are woody shrubs in the rhododendron family and do very very well in the South. They love acidic soil and humidity. Out here, they grow as shrubs, usually not more than 3-4 feet tall. In the town square in the center of Savannah, all of the hedges are azaleas, and they're all 5-6' tall. Amazingly beautiful and hardy plants that bloom in the winter/spring. They should have a bunch of them at the Botanical Gardens and also at the Atlanta History Center (Swan House / Tully-Smith House). Hell, I'll bet you can find them in your neighborhood.

I was going to link to a photo of one of mine, but smuggy seems to be a little constipated right now. So here's an attached version.

Check here for some quick ID of Atlanta's flowering bushes.
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2004
    Great shot! Yours?
    Sid.
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Great shot! Yours?
    Yes. I guess I should retake it with the macro lens and see if it's any better.

Okay, here's the same cluster taken with the 100/2.8 macro. A bit better color saturation and contrast and better DOF. Both shots were at f2.8.

2736426-L.jpg
  • Options
    KLXDaleKLXDale Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 7, 2004
    fish wrote:

Have at it.
    First post, be kind:D came here from advrider. I took this yesterday of my new toy. It has some red on it.

f969e883.jpg
  • Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2004
    Nice Ford Stang KLXDale!!

Fish! I must protest! My weekend is different from the rest so I demand an extension and exception.

2548139-M.jpg

The purchase of this truck put me in the RED does that count?

Cheers,
    Tim
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2004
    fish wrote:
    2735747-L.jpg

2735746-L.jpg
    Macro taken with Tamron 28-75/2.8 XR Di lens. Not bad, but probably would have been a lot crisper with the Canon 100/2.8 macro.
    I love both these shots.. specially the ladybird... (in usa I think you say ladybug)...:D
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2004
    KLXDale wrote:
    First post, be kind:D came here from advrider. I took this yesterday of my new toy. It has some red on it.

f969e883.jpg
    You certainly qualify klx.. nice to meet ya.. and...don't expect these guys to be kind. They are mean mean mean.
    Just kidding. Post away, we are all in this together.
    ne_nau.gif Lynn
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2004
    KLXDale wrote:

f969e883.jpg
    Neato. I had an '88 5.0 LX 5spd. Fast but got tired, loose, and smokey after 90k miles.
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2004
    Shakey wrote:

Fish! I must protest! My weekend is different from the rest so I demand an extension and exception.
    What's different? And no.

I see a red taillight, so yer good to go.
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    I love both these shots.. specially the ladybird... (in usa I think you say ladybug)...:D
    Thanks Lynn.
  • Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2004
    fish wrote:
    What's different? And no.

I see a red taillight, so yer good to go.

(Blatant threat) Don't make me take my shirt off in my avtar, again! mwink.gif
    My weekends are Monday and Tuesday.I work crazy hours and times.
    I think my timetable actually works better for Austrailan time. :D

• Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2004
    hmmmm

It wont let me upload my pics
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2004
    hmmm

now it did.
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2004
    and another

both taken this morning
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2004
    Shakey wrote:
    (Blatant threat) Don't make me take my shirt off in my avtar, again! mwink.gif
    My weekends are Monday and Tuesday.I work crazy hours and times.
    I think my timetable actually works better for Austrailan time. :D

and the problem is what, exactly?
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:
    and another

both taken this morning

Both stunning photos. I wish we had cardinals out here.
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:
    and another

both taken this morning
    Greaper! I love that Cardinal... but is it new and fresh?? seems to me I saw it before?:D