Options

Announcing Smugfoto for Facebook

124»

Comments

• Options
    DanVMDanVM Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited June 18, 2010
    Using Smugfoto on a Personal page as well as a "Local Business" page.
    This application works better than any other that I've tried! I do have a question, however. Besides my personal page I have a "Local Business" page. On my personal page I linked Smugfoto to my personal SmugMug account. I would like to add the Smugfoto to my "Local Business" page, linked to my business' SmugMug account... but every time I try it replaces my personal SmugMug account on my personal page with my business SmugMug account. How can I add Smugfoto to my "Local Business" page with a link to a different SmugMug account than my personal account?
  • Options
    ebswiftebswift Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited June 20, 2010
    Hi DanVM, glad you like the app. I've got Smugfoto working on both my personal page, and my ebswift.com fan page, and the accounts are treated as separate. How is your local business page setup differently? Admittedly I haven't gone too far into playing with all of facebook's features, are there page types you can add to personal profiles?

Try Smugfoto in Facebook for displaying your SmugMug galleries.
  • Options
    DanVMDanVM Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited June 20, 2010
    ebswift wrote: »
    Hi DanVM, glad you like the app. I've got Smugfoto working on both my personal page, and my ebswift.com fan page, and the accounts are treated as separate. How is your local business page setup differently? Admittedly I haven't gone too far into playing with all of facebook's features, are there page types you can add to personal profiles?
    I did get it working. I was choosing the wrong option when adding to the page. I apologize for not commenting that it is working now!
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2010
    Regarding the Smugfoto box on your profile - Facebook is no longer supporting boxes, and instead will require users to use tabs. Although some of you might still have the box working on your profile, new users won't have the option. Existing users will eventually lose the box when FB hits the switch.

Sorry guys, that was one of my favourite features in Smugfoto, but the FB dictators have done it again :/.

Here's the official take:

http://developers.facebook.com/live_status#msg_641

• Options
    edited October 14, 2010
    Heads-up, facebook is removing tab support for apps for user profiles, so Smugfoto will no longer operate on a user profile tab. It will, however, still continue to operate on a page tab. Facebook is also transitioning from FBML to iFrame, even though the recommendations were to use FBML in the first instance. The rate they change the rules is making developing on their platform less attractive, so I will be seriously reviewing my continuing support for facebook.

I may start looking more at a web page widget for displaying SmugMug galleries. I am also partway through development of a little app for copying from Flickr to SmugMug, so stay tuned.

Do tell facebook what you think of their style.