Options

Share - Be Social - Facebook - doesn't appear to work correctly

1235»

Comments

• Options
    scotticusscotticus Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2011
    We can't tell if the user click a like button in lightbox view, so if you're gallery is locked to SmugMug style, and a user clicks like in a lightbox view, the link will take them back to the gallery view, not the lightbox view.
    BigRed wrote: »
    Just to clarify... Is this the new behavior when clicking "Like" from the Lightbox, regardless of viewing style of the source gallery (even if the photo is in a SmugMug style gallery)?
  • Options
    eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2011
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this but can you change the behavior of photos shared on Facebook so that clicking on them will open in a new window. Right now, I am taken away from Facebook when I click a link. It would be even better if I could see a 'preview' popup as with other images.
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2011
    Sadly, at this time, Facebook doesn't give us that option... But I'll keep an eye out for it in upcoming API releases...
  • Options
    jimmiemjimmiem Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited April 11, 2011
    No "Be Social" Link
    I don't have a "Be Social" link:

no_be_social.png

And when I click "Your Social Accounts" I just get this:

no_add_social.png

So how do I access this feature?
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2011
    Hmmm... I tried to post and linked a few pictures of my problem but the post didn't show up.

Anyway, I don't have a "Be Social" link under "Share" and when I click "Your Social Accounts" It just tells me I don't have any social accounts but doesn't give an option to add any.

no_be_social.png
    no_add_social.png
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2011
    jimmiem, can you either PM me or post the gallery link where you're having problems with BeSocial showing up in the share menu, or is it site wide?
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2011
    It turns out I'm an idiot. I have a password on that gallery so sharing was prohibited! I copied the video I was trying to share to another gallery and everything worked fine.
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2011
    Ha. No worries. Once you share something, and if you save it, it will then appear in the 'Your Social Accounts' page. Let me know if you have any more issues, or if I can be of any more help.

Thanks,
    Scott.

jimmiem wrote: »
    It turns out I'm an idiot. I have a password on that gallery so sharing was prohibited! I copied the video I was trying to share to another gallery and everything worked fine.
  • Options
    TUeltzenTUeltzen Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2011
    I have been connecting o FB for several months with no problems but now it says I'm not connected and I can't figure out how to re-connect Smug Mug and FB. The window pops up and I type my message in the box and it acts like it's connecting then a message says it didn't. How do I re-connect to FB?
    When I go to Control Panel - Social Settings - Facebook is listed and it wants to know if I want to remove it.

Thanks for any help.
    Tim
    Washington, Missouri

www.PetPhotoKeepSake.com
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2011
    TUeltzen wrote: »
    I have been connecting o FB for several months with no problems but now it says I'm not connected and I can't figure out how to re-connect Smug Mug and FB. The window pops up and I type my message in the box and it acts like it's connecting then a message says it didn't. How do I re-connect to FB?
    When I go to Control Panel - Social Settings - Facebook is listed and it wants to know if I want to remove it.

Thanks for any help.

There's a problem and we're working on it, I'm very sorry. IN the meantime, you can copy the URL for the photo you want to share and paste it into your status box on FB.
  • Options
    TUeltzenTUeltzen Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    There's a problem and we're working on it, I'm very sorry. IN the meantime, you can copy the URL for the photo you want to share and paste it into your status box on FB.

Ok thanks Andy. You know what they say "*@#& happens:)".
    Tim
    Washington, Missouri

www.PetPhotoKeepSake.com
  • Options
    NicciNicci Registered Users Posts: 436 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2011
    Since I can never get the "Be Social" "Share" options to work properly, is there a way to keep the "Tweet" and "Like" Buttons but get rid of the "Share" buttons?

Please?
  • Options
    raebrownraebrown Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2011
    When using the share button (Facebook) it always copies the gallery description, or the site description if no gallery description. After a few times this gets rather monotonous on one's wall. Can the share button be configured to only grab the image and caption without the gallery/site description? Also, the share button only works for me when I log out...when I'm logged in I get a message saying I'm not connected to Facebook...log out of Smugmug and it works.
    Rae
    Tickled Pixels

Tickled Pixels Blog: "
    A walk in Gamla stan, the old town of Stockholm"
  • Options
    edited July 3, 2011
    Tecnicole wrote: »
    Since I can never get the "Be Social" "Share" options to work properly, is there a way to keep the "Tweet" and "Like" Buttons but get rid of the "Share" buttons?

Please?

This was handled in another thread.
  • Options
    edited July 3, 2011
    raebrown wrote: »
    When using the share button (Facebook) it always copies the gallery description, or the site description if no gallery description. After a few times this gets rather monotonous on one's wall. Can the share button be configured to only grab the image and caption without the gallery/site description?
    I'm sorry there isn't. I wish I had a different answer for you! For the other issue, please write our Support Heroes thanks.