Options

smugshot iphone app

Comments

• Options
    agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    Change SmugShot default keywords caption?
    Is there a way to change the Smugshot default keywords and captions for a set of photos? Don't see option. Thanks.
    Acadiana Al
    Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
    Blog: Journey to the Light
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    agallia wrote: »
    Is there a way to change the Smugshot default keywords and captions for a set of photos? Don't see option. Thanks.
    You can do one photo a a time.
    Albums > Camera roll > pick photo > edit
    Keyword and caption is there.

Maybe bulk
    take a photo > use > edit
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    Allen wrote: »
    You can do one photo a a time.
    Albums > Camera roll > pick photo > edit
    Keyword and caption is there.

Maybe bulk
    take a photo > use > edit
    Thanks, Allen. Knew that...but very cumbersome. Should be some way to change default when taking multiple shots related to same event.
    Acadiana Al
    Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
    Blog: Journey to the Light
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • Options
    HorsepoordadHorsepoordad Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited June 14, 2011
    It's been 10 weeks since the last "something is coming soon" message.

Is there anything really in the works for iOS?
  • Options
    ShizamShizam Registered Users Posts: 418 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2011
    It's been 10 weeks since the last "something is coming soon" message.

Is there anything really in the works for iOS?

Yes,
    There really is for really real and its awesome but its taking longer than expected to get some parts of it fully laid out. You may notice this week or next an update for SmugShot that adds EXIF to the photos taken (date, make/model, geo tagging). Don't worry, thats not the awesome update, thats just a quick couple hour update by moving a little code from the new project into SmugShot to support EXIF :)

EDIT: I should say, the update will be submitted this week or next, so I guess look for the update whenever its released by Apple :)

Sam
    Ever hear of Optimus Zoom? Me either.
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • Options
    NygrenNygren Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited June 14, 2011
    Shizam wrote: »
    Yes,
    There really is for really real and its awesome but its taking longer than expected to get some parts of it fully laid out. You may notice this week or next an update for SmugShot that adds EXIF to the photos taken (date, make/model, geo tagging). Don't worry, thats not the awesome update, thats just a quick couple hour update by moving a little code from the new project into SmugShot to support EXIF :)

Sam

Sam,

GREAT news!

:D
  • Options
    edited June 14, 2011
    Indeed. Thanks for the update Sam.
  • Options
    beqbeq Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited July 5, 2011
    Yes thanks Sam. Does this new project involve combining the functionalities of the SmugMug iPad app and SmugShot iPhone app into an all-in-one app (that works on both phone & tablet)? :D
  • Options
    edited July 17, 2011
    Soooo, is this waiting for Apple approval now?
  • Options
    derfderf Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited August 7, 2011
    Any Update? I wish I could upload HD and Pixelpipe was great...
  • Options
    jarlerikjarlerik Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited October 13, 2011
    SmugShot app keeps crashing. It didn´t do it before.. I´ve even Uninstalled it and re-installed the app and it keeps crashing.
    I got iPhone 3G FW: 4.0.1
  • Options
    SmugDeliSmugDeli Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited October 16, 2011
    Hi,

SmugMug is also crashing on my iPad, right on sign-in.

I upgraded to iOS 5 a few days ago , I'm new to SmugMug so I have nothing to compare with.

Thanks though, I know I'm in good hands,

SmugDeli
  • Options
    edited November 23, 2011
    Yes,

EDIT: I should say, the update will be submitted this week or next, so I guess look for the update whenever its released by Apple :)

Sam

So, five months and still nothing? Smugshot still recompresses both video and still images. There is no way to upload full quality pictures or videos through the app. Pixelpipe offered this functionality ages ago, but unfortunately stopped supporting Smugmug at all.

Sam, should I keep hoping for a way to fully utilize the full potential of my iPhone with Smugmug, or do I have to look elsewhere for my hosting needs? I really wish I don't.

Yours
    Anders
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2011
    Nygren wrote: »
    Sam, should I keep hoping for a way to fully utilize the full potential of my iPhone with Smugmug, or do I have to look elsewhere for my hosting needs? I really wish I don't.

Yours
    Anders

Hey Anders, I'm sure you won't. deal.gif
  • Options
    edited November 23, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    Hey Anders, I'm sure you won't. deal.gif

Andy, not quite sure what you're saying? :)
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2011
    Yes,

Sam
    Got the update and it shows EXIF including date taken starting at 7/28/11 to photos taken up to 11-23-11. Two different dates after that the EXIF is gone, including one today. This is before and
    after updating to iOS 5.0.1.
    SmugShot version 2.4.3 11/23/11 installed. Looks like that version removed EXIF.
    What gives?
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2011
    Got the update and it shows EXIF including date taken starting at 7/28/11 to photos taken up to 11-23-11. Two different dates after that the EXIF is gone, including one today. This is before and
    after updating to iOS 5.0.1.
    SmugShot version 2.4.3 11/23/11 installed. Looks like that version removed EXIF.
    What gives?
    bump
  • Options
    edited December 21, 2011
    bump

Thanks for the notice Allen (and man your avatar is scary), I'll look into it.

Sam
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • Options
    Alex_KAlex_K Registered Users Posts: 122 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2012
    Geotagging not working on smugshot?
    Hi,

I've got an iphone 4s with iOS5 and the latest SmugShot version. For some reason my uploaded geotagged photos don't get mapped. That is, when I go to my smugmug website, find the photo and then click on 'map this', the photo doesn't appear and I have to manually add the location. For example: http://www.knoppermann.com/Various/SmugShots/12519259_645TPb#!i=1659613897&k=xMHpbk8

I'm pretty sure I have all my settings correct on my phone - can anybody advise if I'm doing something wrong?

Does it make a difference if I take the photo from within SmugShot or just upload a pic from my phone?

Cheers,
    Alex
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2012
    Alex_K wrote: »
    Hi,

I've got an iphone 4s with iOS5 and the latest SmugShot version. For some reason my uploaded geotagged photos don't get mapped. That is, when I go to my smugmug website, find the photo and then click on 'map this', the photo doesn't appear and I have to manually add the location. For example: http://www.knoppermann.com/Various/SmugShots/12519259_645TPb#!i=1659613897&k=xMHpbk8

I'm pretty sure I have all my settings correct on my phone - can anybody advise if I'm doing something wrong?

Does it make a difference if I take the photo from within SmugShot or just upload a pic from my phone?

Cheers,
    Alex
    Is that an unlisted gallery? Geo data will not display under the "map this" button although it will show
    in the geo data under the tools menu. The app was been broken with the SmugShot version 2.4.3
    11/23/11 update and we have not heard of any fix. See last couple posts.

Notice that the date taken is also missing.
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2012
    Is that an unlisted gallery? Geo data will not display under the "map this" button although it will show
    in the geo data under the tools menu. The app was been broken with the SmugShot version 2.4.3
    11/23/11 update and we have not heard of any fix. See last couple posts.

Notice that the date taken is also missing.

No, it's not an unlisted gallery. You're right - the app seems to be quite broken indeed! Shame - I really like(d) it. Oh well, just a minor irritation and I can't really complain about smugmug at all.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    Alex_K wrote: »
    Hi,

Cheers,
    Alex
    Can you check the location services section in the settings app to ensure that you have enabled location services for SmugShot?
    Then go to SmugShot and take a photo. Tap on 'use' and tapping on 'edit', you'll be able to review the location that was recorded for the photo. Tap on upload to start the upload.
    I just tried it on my iPhone4 running iOS 5.0.1 and the photo was uploaded with location information just fine.

If you're selecting a photo saved on your phone, you can tap on edit to be able to apply the current location to the photo. I don't think locations for photos saved on your phone are supported. You can only apply the current location to such a photo.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2012
    Can you check the location services section in the settings app to ensure that you have enabled location services for SmugShot?
    Then go to SmugShot and take a photo. Tap on 'use' and tapping on 'edit', you'll be able to review the location that was recorded for the photo. Tap on upload to start the upload.
    I just tried it on my iPhone4 running iOS 5.0.1 and the photo was uploaded with location information just fine.

If you're selecting a photo saved on your phone, you can tap on edit to be able to apply the current location to the photo. I don't think locations for photos saved on your phone are supported. You can only apply the current location to such a photo.
    All that worked, geo data uploaded but not the date taken. It was broken with the version 2.4.3
    11/23/11 update. The previous version added the date taken and worked great but I guess those
    changes were not transferred to 2.4.3..
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2012
    All that worked, geo data uploaded but not the date taken. It was broken with the version 2.4.3
    11/23/11 update. The previous version added the date taken and worked great but I guess those
    changes were not transferred to 2.4.3..

Thanks for the heads up guys, submitting the fix to Apple today.
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2012

Yep, that all worked perfectly. Shame that the locations embedded in photos taken outside of the app aren't supported. Would it really be that difficult to add this support? Shizam???

And yup, the date the photo was taken is broken.
  • Options
    blakeirvineblakeirvine Registered Users Posts: 6 Big grins
    edited January 20, 2012
    Thanks for the heads up guys, submitting the fix to Apple today.

Hi Shizam, just wondering if you know when the updated app will be available? I find the date very useful for sorting my upload gallery... Thanks!
  • Options
    edited January 20, 2012
    New SmugShot version 2.4.4 1/20/12 just showed up in updates.
  • Options
    MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2012
    New SmugShot version 2.4.4 1/20/12 just showed up in updates.

I just installed 2.4.4, never had SmugShot before. When I launch it there's a popup saying "We've replaced SmugShot with something more awesome" and when I tap "Get update" I'm taken to SmugShot in the app store and it says "Installed".
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2012
    Malte wrote: »
    I just installed 2.4.4, never had SmugShot before. When I launch it there's a popup saying "We've replaced SmugShot with something more awesome" and when I tap "Get update" I'm taken to SmugShot in the app store and it says "Installed".
    Malte, it looks like the replacement app isn't in the app store yet. For the time being, please use SmugShot. You can check back here on this thread and once the new app is available, we'll announce it.
    I'm sorry for the confusion.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    TexPhotogTexPhotog Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2012
    Good evening all... Is the "SmugShot" app no longer available for download???

I use it to upload/back up my photos & videos not shot with Camera Awesome since it lets me select from my camera roll, but I deleted it by mistake from my iPhone & I can't find it on the App Store...

Any help with this is really appreciated... Thanks y'all...
    Miguel
    www.kabestudios.com
    I use a little bit of everything gear wise...
    Nikon/Canon/Sony/GoPro/Insta360º/Mavic 2 Pro