Pull backs....lets have some!

Comments

• HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2013
    A neat gentleman and his neat 69 Nova. Wish I had audio for the sound the car made.

This shot was with one canon 600 speedlight. He isn't bad but the car is too dark.
    1. i-hWRc5pJ-XL.jpg

Added anothe speedlight on the ground to light the back portion of the car.

2. i-tzcVzM7-XL.jpg

Final image with both flashes firing. Still have to retouch the flash of the grass but this is basically straight out of camera.
    3. i-zGB5cBb-XL.jpg
  • Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    Charles I like the golf stuff, but there are a lot of things in the backgrounds that are distracting
  • Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    Good stuff Charles!
    edited August 6, 2013
    Charles I like the golf stuff, but there are a lot of things in the backgrounds that are distracting

Patrick,

In the final print I did take out the poles but sort of like the people in the bkg. We were teasing each other during the senior session. Most of these were close to straight out of camera to show what is possible with some planning and luck. Thanks for the comments.
    edited August 21, 2013
    The two small softboxes were not used at the same time. One was for Canon shooters and the other for Nikon shooters. Both used one speed light.
    This image was as close as I could get at the time....the second one was cropped from about the same framing.
    1. i-c472LSV-XL.jpg

the result

2. i-4dgZc9t-XL.jpg
  • kombizzkombizz Banned Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2013
    I like the room which is converted to well equipped studio.
    I wonder how long it took to convert and how much it cost.
    Thank you for sharing
    edited November 11, 2013
    kombizz wrote: »
    I like the room which is converted to well equipped studio.
    I wonder how long it took to convert and how much it cost.
    Thank you for sharing

I've been doing this for roughly 30 years. I've been in my present location for about 20. Every year something is done so it is a work in progress but I've slowed in the last few years. Cost always increases as you want more toys and backgrounds, etc. That part seems to never end.
    edited November 11, 2013
    Daughter got a new car and wanted some pics. All were with the beauty dish on whatever side I decided to put it on.

1. i-M8pcNWQ-X2.jpg

2. i-jTXnSgP-X2.jpg

3. i-zNQJhk3-X2.jpg

4. i-CmXLxRr-X2.jpg

5. i-2vmvGbm-X2.jpg
  • Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2013
    Simple White On White Set Up
    A simple and quick "Birthday Session".

11444089136_d27efa2ecf_o.jpg

Three Lights. Two softboxes on the background at a bit over f11 and one beauty dish on the subject at f8.

11456659524_c62fd2ba4e_o.jpg
    edited December 19, 2013
    Thanks for posting and nice job. Sure wish I had that cove.
    edited December 19, 2013

Me too!

This place is a studio that is used mainly for video production. The opposite side is done the same way (white cove) except in green screen. The side walls between them have various sets and muslin drapes of various colors and patterns along with the typical paper rolls.

They rent it out to folks they trust for a measly 25.00 an hour in off peak times. I LOVE the place!
  • travischancetravischance Registered Users Posts: 640 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2013
    Happy Holidays gang! It's been a while & hope everyone is well. A few pullbacks from three recent shoots (including my own):

Single speedlite through 26" Octabox using the sun as a hair light. Full manual with some burning (mids & shadows in CS4) & moderate sharpening
    i-pQDfFvS-X2.jpg

Single speedlite through 26" Octabox. Again, full manual with some burning & moderate sharpening
    i-vRVFL2k-X2.jpg

Single speedlite through 26" Octabox. Again, full manual with some burning & moderate sharpening
    i-sB2HjZM-X2.jpg

Elinchrom D-Lite RX ONE through 22" Kacey White BD. Full Manual with some burning (mids & shadows) & Moderate sharpening. If you didn't notice, this is yours truly & my family :D Camera was set to 10 second timer to give me time to get into the frame. I mounted my Mark IV to my lightstand using a Manfrotto C1575B Avenger Super Clamp (eye level). My Acratech ballhead was attached to the Super Clamp & thus minimizing equipment. It was about 20 degrees that day & I was able to get only 1 image (yep, only this one) as the stud on the clamp broke while I was trying to adjust my camera!!!
    i-4nfv9mR-X2.jpg

Manfrotto Clamp setup
    i-zTcZLGr-X2.jpg
    i-9kfNbQN-X2.jpg
    Travis M. Chance
    twin Mark IV's & a bunch of "L" glass
    sitefacebook
    edited December 20, 2013
    One way to get the camera on the main light axis....lol. Seriously nice job on balancing the ambient with flash. Like how you used the ambient as a kicker and you kept the shadows from the main off your subjects. Try to build pyramids with the heads when posing groups, much more pleasing than head over head.

You have an attractive family and that little gal is gonna break many hearts with that smile. Now that your the Artist formerly know as Travis I like the facial hair metro look. Have a great Christmas.
    edited December 20, 2013
    Charles:

I'd originally purchased that clamp to eliminate bringing a lightstand when using my 580EX II & Octabox. Then one day, my mind starting running & came up with a way to hold my camera on the main axis for selfies! Thanks for the advice on building a pyramid! I shot most of those images during that shoot with natural light & chose to add flash for a few posed images.

I've kept my eye on our daughter for a long time & anticipate having to fend them off when she's older! I grew the beard during "Movember" & haven't shaved it off! Thanks again & have a great holiday!
    Travis M. Chance
    sitefacebook
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2013

Me too!

This place is a studio that is used mainly for video production. The opposite side is done the same way (white cove) except in green screen. The side walls between them have various sets and muslin drapes of various colors and patterns along with the typical paper rolls.

They rent it out to folks they trust for a measly 25.00 an hour in off peak times. I LOVE the place!

Is this at PROCAM?
    edited December 20, 2013
    Don'cha hate it when the Stud breasks down, gets worse with age.
    edited December 23, 2013
    dlscott56 wrote: »
    Is this at PROCAM?

Yup, that's the place.
    edited February 6, 2014
    Working on an AD that I want to do so I thought I'd do some pullbacks. Ask if you have any questions.

The fill light I use at times is 4 lights bounced off the ceiling behind me and high up. This just gives me more room to move about that end of the studio and get an even fill. Then I just used a main softbox and two kickers at a 45 behind me. (forgot the bkg light). Lights were triggered with pocket wizzards and I used a Cam Ranger connected to an I Pad to see the result as I tripped the camera so I didn't have to run back and forth. Unfortunately I was somewhat dense this morning and it only took two hours to figure out the connections.

1. i-xphzcff-X2.jpg

2. i-b7z5fpZ-X2.jpg

3. i-3BSCt6d-X2.jpg
  • AndeeAndee Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2014
    Is that for a new avatar Charles? :) Love the facial expression you have mixed with the arrows on your head...! :) lol I know it is for a demo but could not help but join in the fun! ;)
    edited February 6, 2014
    That's what happens when your not thinking and it takes two hours to figure out the hookup and then realize just move one switch to #2 and all is OK. OYE!!!!
    edited February 6, 2014
    That's a nice "selfie" Charles! Love the setup as well (BTW, you're becoming a tech geek):D :D:D
    Travis M. Chance
    sitefacebook
  • KMpicsKMpics Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited February 11, 2014
    Today's pics inside because it was just to wet with snow outside.

Bounce off a white ceiling as well as that STU really close @low power Shot at 5.7ish 400 ISO
    IMG_15221-L.jpgIMG_15301-L.jpgIMG_15151-L.jpg

IMG_1937-XL.jpg
    edited February 11, 2014
    Oh how fun and what a cutie pie! Lots of work tho I bet!
    :)
    edited February 11, 2014
    Andee wrote: »
    Oh how fun and what a cutie pie! Lots of work tho I bet!
    :)

He is busy... but he is super easy to position and get to have fun :) thanks for the comment!
    edited February 11, 2014
    Really nice way to cheat!!!!! Wish I thought of that, they look wonderful.
    edited February 11, 2014
    Brilliant!
    edited February 11, 2014
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Really nice way to cheat!!!!! Wish I thought of that, they look wonderful.

Thanks! HA! um was I cheating with the strobes or the background?
    edited February 12, 2014
    Have you used that for all your other seasons? That might make a cute collage one of each season out that window.
    edited February 12, 2014
    KMpics wrote: »
    Thanks! HA! um was I cheating with the strobes or the background?

Thats what I call a MacGiver approach and I'm just not that talented to think of doing that. Seriously, it is really super.
    edited February 12, 2014
    Charles you just scored bonus points for referencing MacGyver! :)cheerleader.gif