Options

NEW: 5x7 Folded Cards

12346»

Comments

• Options
    pdaveypdavey Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited October 27, 2010
    pdavey wrote: »
    No matter what card I chose the image populates and I cannot get rid of it. Can a card be chosen independently then the images added from the photos tab?

Can a card be created without selecting a photo from a gallery?

Let me try to make this simpler,
    1. I am looking at a photo
    2. I go to create a card
    3. I pick a card design
    4. The photo i was viewing is populated on the card
    5. I decide I want to change that photo
    6. I bring up the photos tab in which my images magically appear.
    7. I try to replace the original image populated there but card will not allow it. I cannot move it, delete it or replace it with another image.
    8. Try to find the answer here on the forum:D

Hope this makes it a bit more clear.
  • Options
    Bird LadyBird Lady Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2010
    Wendee wrote: »
    Hi Susan,

I'd recommend putting a note in the gallery description, so that it's above the images, near the Buy button. :)

1. Is there CSS code to put the caption on top of the photo ONLY for the Greeting Card gallery?

2. There's a glitch, in that I thought I could arrange the order of the virtual thumbnails in the Greeting Cards gallery. It seems the created card templates group together while the related photos do the same. That will be hard for anyone to follow once there are more than a few cards. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2010
    Bird Lady wrote: »
    1. Is there CSS code to put the caption on top of the photo ONLY for the Greeting Card gallery?
    No, not that I'm aware of.
  • Options
    Bird LadyBird Lady Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    No, not that I'm aware of.

Thanks, Andy. I can deal with it. What about my number 2, above?
  • Options
    pdaveypdavey Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited October 29, 2010
    Is there no answer to my question?
    I have contacted the support people with no avail. I am I the only one that has this issue?
  • Options
    adpaceadpace Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2012
    I'm sure this is in this thread somewhere, but I can't go through all of pages. Is there a way to take an already created christmas card... (your template). My client wants just one photo in a 5 photo template. (The Chalkboard). They only want one picture in front and nothing inside. Is this possible?!?!
    THANK YOU!!
    Angela
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2012
    adpace wrote: »
    I'm sure this is in this thread somewhere, but I can't go through all of pages. Is there a way to take an already created christmas card... (your template). My client wants just one photo in a 5 photo template. (The Chalkboard). They only want one picture in front and nothing inside. Is this possible?!?!
    Hi Angela,
    That's not possible, sorry. Card designs are provided as they are and can't be modified.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    capitoljayhawkcapitoljayhawk Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2012
    I haven't skimmed the entire thread, but have checked the last few pages. One point and a question:
    1. The point: the wiki thread that people keep posting is a broken link (at least for me right now).
    2. My question is on pricing. I order over 100 holiday cards each year, and we never get close to paying $3.68 per card. Am I missing something on the pricing? Is $3.68 the cheapest card available?

http://www.gaslightphoto.com

Beginning smugmugger.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2012
    I haven't skimmed the entire thread, but have checked the last few pages. One point and a question:
    1. The point: the wiki thread that people keep posting is a broken link (at least for me right now).
    2. My question is on pricing. I order over 100 holiday cards each year, and we never get close to paying $3.68 per card. Am I missing something on the pricing? Is $3.68 the cheapest card available?

1. Do you refer to the option to specs on creating your own cards in your photo editing software? That option is not available anymore.

2. That's the price for 1 folded 5x7 card. If you buy packs of 10 or 15, the per card price would be lower. Check the bottom of this catalog page for pricing details.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    hawthornephotographyhawthornephotography Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited December 3, 2012
    I know how to replace a photo in a gallery I created - or think i do - with a ready-to-go version for customer print orders. But what about when a client uses a gallery proof on her Christmas Card she orders through my website?

Right now, there is a giant watermark on the picture she used on her "Happy Holidays" card. I tried to replace the original proof file in the family's gallery with a larger, cleaner, fine-tuned file -- which worked fine. But even after I deselected the "watermark" option and uploaded the new file, it sits there with the same watermark as the others.

Where do i need to upload the clean-image version to replace the watermarked proof on the card she designed so her order can be processed?

Thanks!
  • Options
    hawthornephotographyhawthornephotography Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited December 3, 2012
    I know how to replace a photo in a gallery I created - or think i do - with a ready-to-go version for customer print orders. But what about when a client uses a gallery proof on her Christmas Card she orders through my website?

Right now, there is a giant watermark on the picture she used on her "Happy Holidays" card. I tried to replace the original proof file in the family's gallery with a larger, cleaner, fine-tuned file -- which worked fine. But even after I deselected the "watermark" option and uploaded the new file, it sits there with the same watermark as the others.

Where do i need to upload the clean-image version to replace the watermarked proof on the card she designed so her order can be processed?

Thanks!

OK, I think I figured it out, just wasn't familiar with the different-looking layout for the card editing.