Options

The Keeping Divamum Sane Thread

Comments

• Options
    pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2008
    divamum wrote:
    So Pyry, does this mean that you particularly appreciated Jeff Meyers' entry this time out? :D

I did! :D
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2008
    divamum wrote:

There, am I caught up now? :giggle

ok smartiepants..

i will give you a couple of days for this one....
    all information is avail on dgrin (within threads) to figure it out...

name everyone in this photo...deal.gif

ignore the stupid watermark

433495414_AwePk-L-1.jpg
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2008
    ok smartiepants..

name everyone in this photo... ignore the stupid watermark

HA!!!

Well, I'll guess that one of them is Nikolai and one of them is you, but after that... aarrghh... It's NOT Utah, presumably, since there is evidence of water :giggle

And you'll have to give me time - I'm gone all day tomorrow and Saturday. Then again, maybe it will keep my mind occupied on the train.... :D
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2008
    no not Nik, no not me either, yes correct not in Utah.....:D
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2008
    pyry wrote:
    I'll have some! :eat

I can, again, categorically state that target archery is really difficult when you have to shoot on an empty stomach. I just pulled off my first ever over 9 point average 30 arrow set and then lost it and slumped back 16 points over the next 30... (which is still the best 60 arrow set I think I've ever done at this distance).

Scorecard for the day, 18 meter indoor targets:
    54, 55, 54, 52, 57 = 272 (9,07)
    53, 51, 47, 55, 50 = 256 (8,53)
    total 528 (8,80)

But I digress, the back of my mind is singing the dwarven Gold-song as "Food food food food..."

I was once fishing with a guy, and he pulled his compound back full and shot straight up. What do you do? Run? No. I just stood still. About 10 feet from me the arrow buried about half a shaft. OMG!
    Growing with Dgrin

• Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2008
    ok smartiepants..

name everyone in this photo...deal.gif

ignore the stupid watermark

433495414_AwePk-L-1.jpg

DavidTO, pathfinder, and...? Still searching...cuz I have nothing better to do with my time (HA!).
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Options
    edited December 16, 2008
    DavidTO, pathfinder, and...? Still searching...cuz I have nothing better to do with my time (HA!).

HA!! We'll just have to post a larger entry field next time. Or go back to having you check all the EXIF's........ :D :giggle :lol
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2008
    divamum wrote:
    HA!! We'll just have to post a larger entry field next time. Or go back to having you check all the EXIF's........ :D :giggle :lol

David & Jim (Pathfinder) are on the right together...

up front...hmmm...that going to be a tuff one for you.....hard to see his face

unless SOMEBODY gives it away....haha....EMILY!:nono

i will drop a clue once in a while...
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2008
    leaforte wrote:
    I was once fishing with a guy, and he pulled his compound back full and shot straight up. What do you do? Run? No. I just stood still. About 10 feet from me the arrow buried about half a shaft. OMG!

i would have ran very fast and far....then afterward, brought back my chainsaw and cut his bow into pieces....oh and bent every arrow:D

you fish with bows?
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2008
    i would have ran very fast and far....then afterward, brought back my chainsaw and cut his bow into pieces....oh and bent every arrow:D

you fish with bows?
    No. Don't fish with bows. He just had it.
    Fish with worms, hard.
    It is a cool, out a spoke place....12 inch rainbows
    Growing with Dgrin

• Options
    edited December 16, 2008
    leaforte wrote:
    No. Don't fish with bows. He just had it.
    Fish with worms, hard.
    It is a cool, out a spoke place....12 inch rainbows

anyway, i should mention....the same thing happend to me kinda...

teenage years... me & a buddy were walking about 100 yards apart looking for rabbit and i could hear him laughing all of a sudden....then a arrow stuck the ground about five feet from me....

i guess he knew what i was going to do the same instant i did as i ran for his arrow he ran for his life and i almost got him on a dead run 100 yards away....

now im glad i have the sense to just get my chainsaw now....:D

oh and when i was younger i thought fishing with m80's was real fun.... now i use only worms too....hehehe
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2008
    anyway, i should mention....the same thing happend to me kinda...

teenage years... me & a buddy were walking about 100 yards apart looking for rabbit and i could hear him laughing all of a sudden....then a arrow stuck the ground about five feet from me....

i guess he knew what i was going to do the same instant i did as i ran for his arrow he ran for his life and i almost got him on a dead run 100 yards away....

now im glad i have the sense to just get my chainsaw now....:D

oh and when i was younger i thought fishing with m80's was real fun.... now i use only worms too....hehehe
    ::fly on the wall::

Fascinating, but will y'all laugh at me if I say I don't understand a word of this and haven't the FAINTEST idea what yo'ure talking about?! eek7.gifoogle :confused :giggle
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited December 16, 2008
    divamum wrote:

Fascinating, but will y'all laugh at me if I say I don't understand a word of this and haven't the FAINTEST idea what yo'ure talking about?! eek7.gifoogle :confused :giggle

good to know that I am not the only one not understanding!headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2008
    never...say....never shoot an arrow straight up.
    Growing with Dgrin

• Options
    edited December 17, 2008
    leaforte wrote:
    never shoot an arrow straight up.

Damn straight.

However, if someone next to you has this particular flash of stupidity, I suggest a course of action Bob Seger put into a song.
    Creativity's hard.

• Options
    edited December 17, 2008
    divamum wrote:

im not sure myself what i wrote... thumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited December 17, 2008
    "However, if someone next to you has this particular flash of stupidity, I suggest a course of action Bob Seger put into a song."
    friday.gif

Now theres a name I haven't heard in years!
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2008
    Ok, so for the uninitiated: why does one never shoot an arrow straight up? I can guess, but I figure since we have experts here- edumacate me!

(Of course, I'm now having visions of "Kind Hearts and Coronets" and will be humming Il Mio Tesoro all day.... and if you don't know what I'm talking about and you're an Alec Guiness and/or British 1950's comedy fan - rent the movie! :D)
  • Options
    KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2008
    divamum wrote:

Don't worry, it's a guy thing. You would have had to been born a boy to know that throwing, or shooting, things at each other is the next best thing to the latest National Geographic. All those half naked people (read women) running around and being able to call it educational because it is such a respected magazine. Nothing like being hit up side the head with a dirt clod by your best friend. I'd have some great memories if it wasn't for all of the concussions.
    — Kevin
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2008
    KevXman wrote:
    Don't worry, it's a guy thing. You would have had to been born a boy to know that throwing, or shooting, things at each other is the next best thing to the latest National Geographic. All those half naked people (read women) running around and being able to call it educational because it is such a respected magazine. Nothing like being hit up side the head with a dirt clod by your best friend. I'd have some great memories if it wasn't for all of the concussions.
    — Kevin

:lol

The thing you DON'T know is that I nearly posted a reply to JAG last night that said, "It's ok - I think it's the frathouse thing going on again. We don't need to understand it. All we have to do is sit on the sidelines and be ornamental while they throw things at each other" but I figured y'all would start throwing things at ME if I did that so I refrained. rolleyes1.gif

However, now that you have said it... muahahahahahhaah naughty.gif

Alan, thank you for starting this thread, because it may be the Best. Thread. Ever. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2008
    divamum wrote:
    Ok, so for the uninitiated: why does one never shoot an arrow straight up? I can guess, but I figure since we have experts here- edumacate me!

(Of course, I'm now having visions of "Kind Hearts and Coronets" and will be humming Il Mio Tesoro all day.... and if you don't know what I'm talking about and you're an Alec Guiness and/or British 1950's comedy fan - rent the movie! :D)

if you shoot a arrow up and you loose sight of it you never will be able to see it coming down.
    ...hence panic mode .....(it comes down as fast as it went up btw)

in the story of my friend & i, he shot a arrow way high in my direction and it came down 5 ft from me...(without me knowing it was coming in the first place)
    so the funny thing about my poorly written story is:
    he knew at the same time i knew that i was going to try and shoot him "on purpose" for scaring me....(may i add with his own arrow)

being a teen i didnt think it through and came real close to really hitting him....
    however, atleast from that time on my buddy knew what to expect if he did something to me i didnt like...hahahahahahahaahaha

now did you figure out who that other person is in my photo?
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2008
    David & Jim (Pathfinder) are on the right together...

up front...hmmm...that going to be a tuff one for you.....hard to see his face

unless SOMEBODY gives it away....haha....EMILY!:nono

i will drop a clue once in a while...

Don't worry, I gave up searching the Marc Muench Print Workshop April 2008 thread looking for clues on the last guy. I'll be interested to find out who it is myself...
    Emily

• Options
    edited December 17, 2008
    its a hard one to get because of the angle....i will just give it away...

"Ian408"
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2008
    its a hard one to get because of the angle....i will just give it away...

"Ian408"

Well that sucks! I wanted clues! I was wondering if it her him, but I didn't see him wearing glasses in any of the other shots.
    Emily

• Options
    edited December 17, 2008
    im sorry...i started thinking and figured;

1. my clues would likely make no sense.

2. to hard to see his face...

i have another.... i will dig it up tonight....

"other faces"
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2008
    divamum wrote:

Shish-ke-Bob, you know..
    Creativity's hard.

• Options
    WolftepWolftep Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited December 17, 2008
    if you shoot a arrow up and you loose sight of it you never will be able to see it coming down.
    ...hence panic mode .....(it comes down as fast as it went up btw)

Or in simple terms, what goes up, must come down. mwink.gif
  • Options
    TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2008
    KevXman wrote:
    Nothing like being hit up side the head with a dirt clod by your best friend. I'd have some great memories if it wasn't for all of the concussions.
    — Kevin

Ohhhhhhh, dirt clod fights. I miss those. Now they call it assault with a deadly weapon......
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2008
    I've just shot Rudolph in the nose, and got 10 points for it lol3.gif

We had a pre-christmas shoot-out, with pictures of Christmas trees, silhouettes with apples on them, regular targets with silly values... And a foam fox and a red nosed deer (also foam). Fun :D
    Creativity's hard.

• Options
    edited December 17, 2008
    im sorry...i started thinking and figured;

1. my clues would likely make no sense.

2. to hard to see his face...

i have another.... i will dig it up tonight....

"other faces"

Actually, it would all have been lost on me alas eek7.gif - haven't been around these here parts long enough to know who ANY of them are by "sight"! (I know I joined in 2006, but that was only so I could use the search function and ask a couple of questions when I was shopping for my first dslr - which I didn't acutally BUY until 6 months after that - and I only started seriously reading this past summer, so I'm still a n00b by my standards!!)

:)