Options

The Catchall Thread

Comments

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2009
    HoofClix wrote:
    In my town if there's any snow in the forecase within a week, the stores all sell out of bread, eggs, and milk. Kid of goes along with all those hoop skirts the ladies wear.

I myself just make sure to visit the abc...

Don't forget the maniacal purchasing of TOILET PAPER. Where I am we don't get that much supercold weather although it DOES happen every year and almost always in January. Yet the locals - and transport authority - always behave as though it's some kind of huge event and surprise which has NEVER happened before and people seem to think that you need 200 rolls of toilet paper to get through a 1-day storm (along with the 5 gallons of milk and 15 loaves of bread). While I appreciate that running out of staples is never nice ... how much can toilet paper one family realistically use in 24hrs???!!!??? eek7.gif
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    Take a look at this.... HERE. if I get it (the 6x11) I can get the option to upgrade the bundle to a CS4 for only 3OO bucks. Considering I do not have any adobe editing software and CS4 would cost over 600...this might be a really good deal and get me tow of the wishlist stuff in one!

Ooooh... That is what I vote for. I was hoping you would get photoshop whatever you did. But if you get a tablet with photoshop that would be even better! Saving is so hard when there is so much to get!
  • Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2009
    My husband has an Intuos 2 (7x8) sitting up on his shelf. Maybe I should swipe it and learn how to use it? mwink.gif
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Options
    edited January 16, 2009
    :lurk

I can see this exchange is going to indoctrinate me to another item that'll have to go on my shopping list at some point.....

:lurk
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited January 16, 2009
    my son in law showed me a bamboo tablet from the same maker. It was pretty cool too....but smaller and less options as the intuos. The Bamboo is only 99 bucks but it doesnt come with the software package that can be upgraded to cs4. And that is what I really want. My birthday is coming up and instead of a sutle hint...I just flat out told him that was what I wanted ...with the upgrade and maybe he could go to all the relatives and have them pitch in together to get it for me! After all...I will only be the half centry mark once and I am not getting any younger!
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    my son in law showed me a bamboo tablet from the same maker. It was pretty cool too....but smaller and less options as the intuos. The Bamboo is only 99 bucks but it doesnt come with the software package that can be upgraded to cs4. And that is what I really want. My birthday is coming up and instead of a sutle hint...I just flat out told him that was what I wanted ...with the upgrade and maybe he could go to all the relatives and have them pitch in together to get it for me! After all...I will only be the half centry mark once and I am not getting any younger!
    I like your style- subtle hints don't usually work with my guy either! Work it, Joyce!
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2009
    I like your style- subtle hints don't usually work with my guy either! Work it, Joyce!

ok...so on Saturday we took my lil one and her friend to Anchorage for the day to cellebrate her bday. We ended up at BestBuy to buy her some Wii stuff for a present. My hubby says to me that he has something he wants me to see. He takes me over and low and behold there is the box bundle of the 6x11 Intuos with all the software imaginable added to it. It was about 20 dollars more than what was on the wacom site. I said yes that is the one I want and thats about what it would cost in shipping (actually shipping will be 35-50 dollars more since we are in AK).

So here I am thinking he's going to get me my present early...then he goes over to the computer section and looks up (their computers have live internet connections) wacom tablets at various sites. He finds one that will come in at about 350 with the shipping and all...from a site that is unknown. I start to get irritated because I reconized he is teasing me. So I walk away and he does not buy me the tablet.

uuuuhhhhgggg! If patience is what it will take then that is what it will take. I will not worry about it. If he doesn't get it for me in time for my bday i will just go and get it myself with the money I am earning for taking pics and designing posters for the local theater.

I just want it now to make the posters easier! Right now all my work is done on a laptop with a small touchpad and my middle finger!rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2009
    btw...if you want to see my posters you can see them HERE. I have many more to make. But this is what I have been doing since I cannot enter this round 17. Trying to keep myself busy. All work was done like I said above....my middle finger on a laptop touch pad using pspx2.
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    so i was out getting a little sun on the patio, and it occurred to me that i havent had any chips and salsa lately.... homemade salsa.....now thats good stuff.... i wish i had a deep fryer to make chips fresh too....oh wellne_nau.gif

hey Doc? hows the weather over your way?:D

:hide
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    KwartaKwarta Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    Homemade salsa I'm game what time?? I have a deep fryer for the chips.
    http://kbkphoto.com/

There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept.~Ansel Adams
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2009
    so i was out getting a little sun on the patio, and it occurred to me that i havent had any chips and salsa lately.... homemade salsa.....now thats good stuff.... i wish i had a deep fryer to make chips fresh too....oh wellne_nau.gif

hey Doc? hows the weather over your way?:D

you officially suck eggs :D :lol lol3.gif :giggle rolleyes1.gif

(It's been in single digits here for nearly a week and it snowed this afternoon, with freezing expected overnight.... )
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    ok...so on Saturday we took my lil one and her friend to Anchorage for the day to cellebrate her bday. We ended up at BestBuy to buy her some Wii stuff for a present. My hubby says to me that he has something he wants me to see. He takes me over and low and behold there is the box bundle of the 6x11 Intuos with all the software imaginable added to it. It was about 20 dollars more than what was on the wacom site. I said yes that is the one I want and thats about what it would cost in shipping (actually shipping will be 35-50 dollars more since we are in AK).

So here I am thinking he's going to get me my present early...then he goes over to the computer section and looks up (their computers have live internet connections) wacom tablets at various sites. He finds one that will come in at about 350 with the shipping and all...from a site that is unknown. I start to get irritated because I reconized he is teasing me. So I walk away and he does not buy me the tablet.

uuuuhhhhgggg! If patience is what it will take then that is what it will take. I will not worry about it. If he doesn't get it for me in time for my bday i will just go and get it myself with the money I am earning for taking pics and designing posters for the local theater.

I just want it now to make the posters easier! Right now all my work is done on a laptop with a small touchpad and my middle finger!rolleyes1.gif

Ha ha! Maybe he just wants you to think that he didn't buy it but secretly it is in some closet somewhere at your house....

(Wish I knew him... I'd put in a good word for you!Laughing.gif!)
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    you officially suck eggs :D :lol lol3.gif :giggle rolleyes1.gif

(It's been in single digits here for nearly a week and it snowed this afternoon, with freezing expected overnight.... )

Diva, i feel its necessary to keep you up to date with local conditions here in my area.....

what does Freezing feel like anywayne_nau.gif j/k
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2009
    Kwarta wrote:
    Homemade salsa I'm game what time?? I have a deep fryer for the chips.

just bring the salt rimmed glasses please.... deep fryer is on the way....

oh ice too....
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2009
    My husband has an Intuos 2 (7x8) sitting up on his shelf. Maybe I should swipe it and learn how to use it? mwink.gif

:jose

im waiting for the results....
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    KwartaKwarta Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    just bring the salt rimmed glasses please.... deep fryer is on the way....

oh ice too....

Margarita parties,,, yea. Shaken or blended?rolleyes1.gif
    http://kbkphoto.com/

There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept.~Ansel Adams
  • Options
    edited January 20, 2009
    :jose

im waiting for the results....

He said I could use it anytime I want. And I've yet to have any time. umph.gif
    Emily

• Options
    edited January 22, 2009
    *SIGH*binge.gif I eat when I am bored. I never thought I would say this...but HURRY UP MONDAY!!
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    *SIGH*binge.gif I eat when I am bored. I never thought I would say this...but HURRY UP MONDAY!!

Nearly there... nearly there.... mwink.gif

(I felt exactly the same way when I was judging :giggle)
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    I was going to point you toward the Journeys section for some distraction, but you already found the post! :giggle You could always shoot your own non-entry for the challenge to keep you occupied. mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2009
    While we're all waiting, may I poll for any volunteers who'd like to journey to St. Petersburg with me this summer? I make an awesome travel partner. :D
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    While we're all waiting, may I poll for any volunteers who'd like to journey to St. Petersburg with me this summer? I make an awesome travel partner. :D

You buying? If so, count me in rolleyes1.gif

I've been a lot of places in my lifetime, but St Petersburg is one near the top of the list I've never made. I'm jealous!
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    You buying? If so, count me in rolleyes1.gif

Wish I could afford it! I have a feeling it would make finding a travel partner much easier. mwink.gif
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    If this is really a catch all thread does it include juggling acts?

463810320_PoH3u-O.gif

Yes I am starting to see all the #18 threads become bold so instead of clicking on them I'll just learn to juggle.. rolleyes1.gif

EDIT: one addition since I'm sure someone will say it... (just go out and shoot)
    I do have a scheduled studio shoot on Sunday I just need to organize how that will go in my head.
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2009
    sherstone wrote:
    If this is really a catch all thread does it include juggling acts?

463810320_PoH3u-O.gif

Yes I am starting to see all the #18 threads become bold so instead of clicking on them I'll just learn to juggle.. rolleyes1.gif

I can really feel for you. Your 2 weeks have just started!
  • Options
    pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2009
    Well, missed another one... :bluduh

I started to set up for an entry to #18, but a 101 degrees meant I didn't finish much.:sick

I'll have to shoot that picture later :D
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2009
    pyry wrote:

I started to set up for an entry to #18, but a 101 degrees meant I didn't finish much.:sick

Hope you're feeling better, and good luck on the next round!
    Emily

• Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2009
    pyry wrote:

Sorry to hear you're sick. Now get better fast, OK? :D
  • Options
    pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2009
    Thanks, Emily and Linda iloveyou.gif

I'll live. And I've got a killer of an idea for 19 mwink.gif
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2009
    pyry wrote:
    I'll live. And I've got a killer of an idea for 19 mwink.gif

...I worry because I take that statement somewhat literally. :giggle

Hope you're feeling on the up and up! Another shooter friend of mine was down with 102º fever this weekend. Not fun. :nah