Options

The Catchall Thread

Comments

• Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    ...I worry because I take that statement somewhat literally. :giggle

Hope you're feeling on the up and up! Another shooter friend of mine was down with 102º fever this weekend. Not fun. :nah

I've been hit now. I'm pretty sure it's the flu that's been going around my preschool. I'm hoping to be well enough in time to work on the next challenge, but I'll be behind on a few obligations, so I may have to wait until #20.
  • Options
    pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    ...I worry because I take that statement somewhat literally. :giggle

Hope you're feeling on the up and up! Another shooter friend of mine was down with 102º fever this weekend. Not fun. :nah

I'm getting better, thanks!

I met a horse I'm now renting on Saturday and the doctor told me to not go riding, that kills. :bash lol3.gif

Nothing literally deadly about my idea though, except the 400 steps required to reach the vantage point. If I climbed that carrying a fever I would probably kill meself.
    I've been hit now. I'm pretty sure it's the flu that's been going around my preschool. I'm hoping to be well enough in time to work on the next challenge, but I'll be behind on a few obligations, so I may have to wait until #20.

I've got the same thing :sick
    Hope you get well soon!
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2009
    Some concepts make me wish I'd majored in engineering instead of English in college. :bash

...I wonder if NASA would miss a few of theirs if I were to borrow some.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    Some concepts make me wish I'd majored in engineering instead of English in college. :bash

...I wonder if NASA would miss a few of theirs if I were to borrow some.

Ummm.... do we even want to know what this refers to??!??! ::boggle::

Pyry, sorry to hear you've been poorly! I'd wondered where you were - glad to see you posting again, but hope you'll be feeling 100% soon! You've been missed...
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2009
    I'll just say I wish I had LiquidAir's ingenuity and construction ability right about now.
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2009
    Oh my. I think we should be afraid. And if it involves resuscitating the hedgehog, naked man and ring of fire, well...... rolleyes1.gifrofl
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2009
    hahahahaha..... rolleyes1.gif

(btw, i miss Pemmett)
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2009
    pyry wrote:
    Well, missed another one... :bluduh

I started to set up for an entry to #18, but a 101 degrees meant I didn't finish much.:sick

I'll have to shoot that picture later :D

I was wondering where you 've been Pyry. Hope you are feeling better soon. :D
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2009
    I miss Pemmet too. Always enjoyed his entries.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Pyry, sorry to hear you've been poorly! I'd wondered where you were - glad to see you posting again, but hope you'll be feeling 100% soon! You've been missed...
    dlplumer wrote:
    I was wondering where you've been Pyry. Hope you are feeling better soon. :D

I went out of town for a while:

472005046_TANBG-L.jpg

Thanks for all the well-wishes, I think I'm out of the woods. :D
    Creativity's hard.

• Options
    edited February 16, 2009
    I wonder what the record for most exif components is. I've just posted 17 and that's after taking into account the ones that didn't make any difference lol3.gif
    Creativity's hard.

• Options
    edited February 16, 2009
    pyry wrote:
    I wonder what the record for most exif components is. I've just posted 17 and that's after taking into account the ones that didn't make any difference lol3.gif

HA! I think at some point one has to accept, "Yep - that's when the photo was taken alright..."

Of course, we could still try for a Guiness record (you on for it, Doc?! :lol)
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Guinness

mmm, Guinness...
    Creativity's hard.

• Options
    edited February 17, 2009
    pyry wrote:
    mmm, Guinness...

And here I was wondering what to have for breakfast. Problem solved! :slurp
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 17, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Of course, we could still try for a Guiness record (you on for it, Doc?! :lol)
    Sure, I love beer.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited February 23, 2009
    whoo hoooooo! Got my Intuos3 wacom tablet with adobe elements 6 that is upgradable to cs4 for half off!!! My hubby is the greatest He got it for my birthday (ordered it last night) and I should be getting it by this wednesday!!! I have 3 shoots this week so this will come in handy when I sit to process! **DOING MY HAPPY DANCE***wings.gif
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    whoo hoooooo! Got my Intuos3 wacom tablet with adobe elements 6 that is upgradable to cs4 for half off!!! wings.gif

You will love it! And the upgrade is well worth the $, congrats.
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2009
    Alright everybody, let's keep Flyinggina sane this time!

Dunno about anybody else, but we're now expcting 6"+ of snow overnight. Gioia.... (NOT!! I'm SICK OF BEING COLD! I mean sure, a bit of cold weather and snow, but we've had basically 3 months of below-freezing temps, which is NOT the norm in this part of the world. My heating bill has been very VERY not pretty this year.... eek7.gif)
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2009
    Ha ha! I'm in Santa Fe for the next week. No snow storm for me.

As I said in my "Make My Day" thread, it is hard to keep away from this forum during the brief times I have for checking in. I'm just putting on blinders to all discussions of DSS#20 - though I couldn't help but see some pretty interesting thread titles.

Oh to be able to look behind the titles and see what's going on. :cry

Good luck to all!

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Alright everybody, let's keep Flyinggina sane this time!

Dunno about anybody else, but we're now expcting 6"+ of snow overnight. Gioia.... (NOT!! I'm SICK OF BEING COLD! I mean sure, a bit of cold weather and snow, but we've had basically 3 months of below-freezing temps, which is NOT the norm in this part of the world. My heating bill has been very VERY not pretty this year.... )
    Yep. Same here. nod.gif The Weather Channel is calling for 6-10 inches in eastern PA. We had some flurries overnight and a dusting of snow on the ground. But not enough stuck to the trees to go out and get photos. :cry
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited March 1, 2009
    yup...we just had a big dump of snow yesterday. Today is sunny though...and all white an sparkly. I should go out and take some pics....(should being the oprerative (sp?) word).
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2009
    Well, everything's closed up, but it was a bit of a damp squib after all the media hype last night - I think our area's had maybe 2-4" (although it's still falling, but not hard). That said, i'm GLAD everything's cancelled, because the roads are treacherous. One local source quoted "We weren't expecting any snow in march, so the salt trucks have been reassigned to other tasks". You Alaskans and Midwesterners and New Englanders and Finns would laugh uproariously at what's keeping us all home today, I'm sure!
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Well, everything's closed up, but it was a bit of a damp squib after all the media hype last night - I think our area's had maybe 2-4" (although it's still falling, but not hard). That said, i'm GLAD everything's cancelled, because the roads are treacherous. One local source quoted "We weren't expecting any snow in march, so the salt trucks have been reassigned to other tasks". You Alaskans and Midwesterners and New Englanders and Finns would laugh uproariously at what's keeping us all home today, I'm sure!

Studded tires ftw! lol3.gif
    Creativity's hard.

• Options
    edited March 2, 2009
    pyry wrote:
    Studded tires ftw! lol3.gif

Nah, nobody in this area has snow tires - there just isn't enough bad weather to justify it. My care is actually a pretty good car in the (modest) snow that we get, but seems a lot of drivers haven't grasped that you have to change HOW you drive on slick roads; they either zoom along at full speed or (even worse) at about 3 miles per hour. Since I drive stick - by choice (gives me more control, ESPECIALLY in bad weather) I'm doomed when some creeper in front of me tries to drive up a hill at under 10 miles per hour.....!
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2009
    Yay!! Another stick shift fan. clap.gif

I've always had a stick shift - by choice - and it has been a big help driving in New England winter weather.

I lived in DC for a while and I remember how a small amount of snow could paralyze the whole city.

I'm lucky to be in Santa Fe until Sunday far from the snow storm hitting the Northeast today. I hear from Boston that they have 12 inches and its still coming down. eek7.gif

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Nah, nobody in this area has snow tires - there just isn't enough bad weather to justify it. My care is actually a pretty good car in the (modest) snow that we get, but seems a lot of drivers haven't grasped that you have to change HOW you drive on slick roads; they either zoom along at full speed or (even worse) at about 3 miles per hour. Since I drive stick - by choice (gives me more control, ESPECIALLY in bad weather) I'm doomed when some creeper in front of me tries to drive up a hill at under 10 miles per hour.....!

Nobody in any area that sends the trucks home early has. I laugh at the Brits every winter...

As if we don't have our share of problems, I've driven through blizzards, icy roads, the lot every winter. The worst is when there's snow over ice, a re-frozen salted road is a very close second. That's when people start going off.
    Creativity's hard.

• Options
    AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    I laugh at the Brits every winter...

So do I, and I am one.
    The begining of February 2-4" of snow and London almost comes to a standstill. Buses, trains, outlying underground all stuffed - apparently it was the wrong type of snow and well 'there was so much of it'.

We didn't send the gritters home early we just came close to running out of gritting salt and we were only doing major roads. We had huge numbers of schools closed because it was icy and the children might fall over.
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2009
    AndMan wrote:
    So do I, and I am one.
    The begining of February 2-4" of snow and London almost comes to a standstill. Buses, trains, outlying underground all stuffed - apparently it was the wrong type of snow and well 'there was so much of it'.

We didn't send the gritters home early we just came close to running out of gritting salt and we were only doing major roads. We had huge numbers of schools closed because it was icy and the children might fall over.

I was living in the UK in the winter of '87. Yes, the one where Kent (and most of the rest of the Southeast) basically shut down for a week, followed by months of parliamentary enquiries discussing the AUDACITY of British Rail daring to have their snowplows in Aberdeen. I mean, like they might need them there when the normally above-freezingg commuter belt was covered in the white stuff?!! The NERVE! :giggle

I was also living in Surrey for the "there is no hurricane" hurricane, but that's another story for another season.... naughty.gif

(For the record, I've lived about half my life in the UK and half in the US, thus I'm allowed to laugh at the foibles of BOTH!!! rolleyes1.gif)
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2009
    pyry wrote:
    re-frozen salted road is a very close second. That's when people start going off.

Actually, that IS one of the problems in my latitude - we didn't get a bad one this year (yet), but we are prone to really nasty "ice storms" during the winter (usually more of those than snow). It sleets, clears up during the day and then freezes hard overnight, they salt it, it melts, it freezes etc etc. Skating rink.

The funny thing is that so many people think their 4-wheel drives will help them. On ice? Not a chance - just 2 more wheels to spin!
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    just look what i have to put up with... my allergies are at full throttle...

:hide

2009 03 02, ahhhhh spring

484023756_MufLp-XL.jpg
    Aaron Nelson