Options

dgrin shootout 2006 - official chatter thread

Comments

• Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2005
    Anyone bringing a non-photographically oriented spouse?
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    Mitchell wrote:
    Yup. nod.gif
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    Mitchell wrote:

who do you think does the cooking and cleaning and schlepping of gear? lol3.giflol3.giflol3.gif

:hide
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    andy wrote:
    who do you think does the cooking and cleaning and schlepping of gear? lol3.giflol3.giflol3.gif

Waxy?

Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2005
    I'd better hide these responses from my wife if I have any hope of going!mwink.gif
  • Options
    Mitchell wrote:
    I'd better hide these responses from my wife if I have any hope of going!mwink.gif

lol3.gif there are a few folks that won't shoot, or don't shoot much. david mentioned mrs _s85, and there's toni (baldy's better half). betcha there'll be some more, too.
  • Options
    rutt's in thumb.gif
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2005
    andy wrote:
    rutt's in thumb.gif

No doubt he wants to work on the canyon conundrum and LAB processing a la Margulis. Looking forward to shooting with him (and everyone else).

On another note, my wife's signed up, and she's not a shooter (she shoots a little, but she's no junkie). Not sure if she's really going to make it, but people were asking about non-shooters.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited September 13, 2005
    andy wrote:
    rutt's in thumb.gif
    Cool!!
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited September 14, 2005
    skippy's coming :Dthumb.gif
  • Options
    tonydtonyd Registered Users Posts: 213 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2005
    Just stumbled upon this. Sounds like fun and if rooms still available I'd like to join in. Just curious about some of the logistics of the trip. Assuming I fly into Las Vegas what is the plan for transportation to Bryce and Zion? Do we make our own arrangements or is there going to be some type of group transportation arranged. I looked through the postings and didn't notice any mention of this - sorry if I missed it...

Tony
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    :cry Wont be able to be at the shoot out..:cry I'll be out of the country...

If I can get back I will.. should be a wonderful time..
  • Options
    tonyd wrote:
    Just stumbled upon this. Sounds like fun and if rooms still available I'd like to join in. Just curious about some of the logistics of the trip. Assuming I fly into Las Vegas what is the plan for transportation to Bryce and Zion? Do we make our own arrangements or is there going to be some type of group transportation arranged. I looked through the postings and didn't notice any mention of this - sorry if I missed it...

Tony
    there'll be carpools, i'm sure. contribute $$ for gas or car rental, and pile in. that'll be arranged prior to the trip, closer in.

see the official thread for how to sign up :D
  • Options
    tonydtonyd Registered Users Posts: 213 Major grins
    andy wrote:
    there'll be carpools, i'm sure. contribute $$ for gas or car rental, and pile in. that'll be arranged prior to the trip, closer in.

see the official thread for how to sign up :D
    Ok thanks.
    Probably to early to ask, but wondering if there is any favorite place most will stay in Las Vegas. I assume we will be traveling early Wed morning to Bryce? and back from Zion sometime Sunday? I'm just trying to figure out whats best for flights in/out of Vegasheadscratch.gif
  • Options
    tonyd wrote:
    Ok thanks.
    Probably to early to ask, but wondering if there is any favorite place most will stay in Las Vegas.

you'll find me in the craps pit at mgm grand lol3.gif
  • Options
    andy wrote:
    you'll find me in the craps pit at mgm grand lol3.gif

tonyd, you're in, got your deposit :D
  • Options
    nwilkinsnwilkins Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2005
    Paypal
    Andy,

Sorry to be so dense, but how does one go about using Paypal to sign up for the trip? I'm not sure where to start. Saw your e-mail address to send it to, but am lost as to how to begin.sad.gif

Thanks!

Nancy
    Nancy Wilkins
    Canon 5D
    Canon 40D
  • Options
    edited September 27, 2005
    nwilkins wrote:
    Andy,

Sorry to be so dense, but how does one go about using Paypal to sign up for the trip? I'm not sure where to start. Saw your e-mail address to send it to, but am lost as to how to begin.sad.gif

Thanks!

Nancy

if you're already signed up with www.paypal.com then you simply "send money" to me at my paypal email address awilliamsny at mac dot com.

if you're not signed up, you need to do that, first.... alternatively, if you wish to send me a check, that's fine, too. you can pm me for a snail mail addy.
  • Options
    kudbegudkudbegud Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2005
    Post Shoot-Out
    I hope you will be interested in the post shoot-out great circle shooting excursion to antelope slot canyon, monument valley, mexican hat, valley of the gods, natural bridges, canyon lands n.p. and arches n.p.

7 more days of photographic fun with your fellow dgrinners. total time needed for both the main shoot-out and the extended multi park shooting experience is less than 2 weeks. maximize your vacation! sign up for all of it or part of it.

check out the post shoot-out thread for the latest itinerary. http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=12147&page=6&pp=10 post #58. 12 maximum for the antelope slot canyon! 2 hour photographers guided tour at the canyon.
  • Options
    edited October 12, 2005
    nancy wilkins (nwilkins) is in! clap.gif
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2005
    Trying to figure out flight info and I'm wondering when others are planning on getting there? Are most people flying in on the 16th or early AM on the 17th?

What are the "official" plans on when and where everyone is to meet up on the 17th? I figure I should just take care of everything now so I don't forget later.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2005
    gluwater wrote:
    Trying to figure out flight info and I'm wondering when others are planning on getting there? Are most people flying in on the 16th or early AM on the 17th?

What are the "official" plans on when and where everyone is to meet up on the 17th? I figure I should just take care of everything now so I don't forget later.
    At least one of us is doing something totally idiotic - like driving all the way out there. rolleyes1.gif Mrs. D_S85 tells me this plan is more than wacko, so she will be flying as I am shooting :photo my way across the country. If she has her way, I will be kidnapped and forced to fly also.

Our plan, as yet not set, is to arrive a day early in Bryce and poke around until the critical mass arrives. We'll also try to stick around an extra day at Zion.
    My Smugmug
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2005
    gluwater wrote:

too soon to announce this yet ... stay tuned!
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2005
    David_S85 wrote:
    At least one of us is doing something totally idiotic - like driving all the way out there. rolleyes1.gif Mrs. D_S85 tells me this plan is more than wacko, so she will be flying as I am shooting :photo my way across the country. If she has her way, I will be kidnapped and forced to fly also.

Our plan, as yet not set, is to arrive a day early in Bryce and poke around until the critical mass arrives. We'll also try to stick around an extra day at Zion.
    David if I could I would do the same thing but that is a really long drive that I cannot take the time off to do. I do know of another that is doing the same thing though so your not the only one with crazy ideas.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2005
    gluwater wrote:
    David your not the only one with crazy ideas.

yes, but it is an elite fraternity lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2005
    Greaper and the missus are coming clap.gif
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2005
    andy wrote:
    yes, but it is an elite fraternity lol3.gif
    Andy means this in a good way, right?
    My Smugmug
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2005
    David_S85 wrote:
    Andy means this in a good way, right?
    mais certainment, mon ami thumb.gif
  • Options
    kudbegudkudbegud Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2005
    Byce & Zion on TV
    This Friday, 11/11/05, the Travel Channel will have a program on called "The Secrets of Zion & Bryce". Set your VCR's or DVR's. :lurk
    the link:http://travel.discovery.com/tvlistings/episode.jsp?episode=0&cpi=106467&gid=0&channel=TRV
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2005
    Good one, Doug!
    kudbegud wrote:
    This Friday, 11/11/05, the Travel Channel will have a program on called "The Secrets of Zion & Bryce". Set your VCR's or DVR's. :lurk
    the link:http://travel.discovery.com/tvlistings/episode.jsp?episode=0&cpi=106467&gid=0&channel=TRV
    Hope it's HD:-)
    "May the f/stop be with you!"