Options

2006: post shooutout

Comments

• Options
    DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2006
    Nikolai wrote:
    Tell me about it:-) I wonder if somebody would like to model for us there, TFP style :):

i would but there are laws:uhoh

rolleyes1.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2006
    Why not ;-)
    DanielB wrote:
    i would but there are laws:uhoh
    rolleyes1.gif

Skippy would have fun with you posing, wouldn't ya, Maxine? mwink.gif
    Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,203 moderator
    edited April 23, 2006
    Nikolai wrote:
    Guess what: two of my favorite topics gonna be covered in HD next Friday: Bikiny Destinations is shooting around Lake Powell. clap.gif
    Here's a teaser shot from this week's episode:
    I'm grieving we wont' have such models with us on the post-shootout trip, but at least we'll get the arches rolleyes1.gif

Look at those arches!
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2006
    David,
    David_S85 wrote:
    Look at those arches!

In fact, this is one of the misterious optical illusions: if you stare at it for 5 minutes, you will see a huge stone arch in the background. I have no idea how it works, but it's there...
    :D
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2006
    Hahahahaha
    Nikolai wrote:
    Skippy would have fun with you posing, wouldn't ya, Maxine? mwink.gif
    Cheers!1drink.gif

Well considering I'm old enough to be his Grandmother rolleyes1.gif it wouldn't be right to take advantage of him hehehehehe rolleyes1.gif Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2006
    Daniel,
    Skippy wrote:
    Well considering I'm old enough to be his Grandmother rolleyes1.gif it wouldn't be right to take advantage of him hehehehehe rolleyes1.gif Skippy (Australia)

Don't listen to this, lemme tell ya: grannies are *h-h-h-hhot* mwink.gif
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2006
    owwwkay, *somehow*, don't ask me how.. I was under the impression that I would be sharing a room with someone on the 16th in motel 6, but I can't find it anywhere :(, is there any confirmation on this that anyone knows of? Doug? Nik? I'm kinda helpless as is... I needed to give up my credit card for a few weeks to get a mortgage :( I'll have to bring a lot of cash....

To be short: Am I already sleeping at motel 6 on the 16th in LV? :D If not then I'll have to reserve it somehow...

Nik, I believe we had the 27th covered, right? Also with motel 6 if I'm correct, could you confirm this for me? (I'll have to book for the 28th anyhow as my flight leaves on the 29th at 9 AM)

Thanks!
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2006
    Michiel,
    owwwkay, *somehow*, don't ask me how.. I was under the impression that I would be sharing a room with someone on the 16th in motel 6, but I can't find it anywhere :(, is there any confirmation on this that anyone knows of? Doug? Nik? I'm kinda helpless as is... I needed to give up my credit card for a few weeks to get a mortgage :( I'll have to bring a lot of cash....

To be short: Am I already sleeping at motel 6 on the 16th in LV? :D If not then I'll have to reserve it somehow...

Nik, I believe we had the 27th covered, right? Also with motel 6 if I'm correct, could you confirm this for me? (I'll have to book for the 28th anyhow as my flight leaves on the 29th at 9 AM)

Thanks!

I'm flying in to LV early morning on 17th and picking up you, Kudbegud and Mike Lane at the Motel 6.
    When we done after the shootout I got you covered on 27th. iloveyou.gif
    The rest is up to you, I guess...ne_nau.gif

HTH
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2006
    okay, thanks for clearing that up Nik!

Doug, do you happen to have a queensbed free for the night that I can 'rent' for half of the rental price of the room?

(I'll PM you just in case)
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2006
    No Internet Access after My Saturday
    Hi ya folks.......... I will have no internet access as of from my Saturday which will be your Friday, so if you need to tell me anything tell me :D

I tried packing my bag and shoot I cant make it all fit hahahahaha rolleyes1.gif
    I'll be in Las Vegas as of from Sunday 14th of May and staying with Virginia in the Luxor Hotel....and I'll be meeting you guys at Bryce, unless some of you are staying in Vegas I guess ?? :D

Wow....its finally arrived.....doesn't feel real still ... it's my last day of work today....... shoot I've been working 7 days a week since September last year and had 5 days off in total since then, I'm looking forward to this break.

Take Care Everyone see you soon :D Skippy (Maxine)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2006
    Okay, I'll be leaving on Saturday to head down to Vegas for the trip. I feel woefully behind the power curve here. For the post shootout, where exactly are we meeting to get on the RV for the post shootout? I am assuming Las Vegas on the morning of the 20th. But where exactly? (Sorry for not wanting to comb through the thread rolleyes1.gif)

I'll pass on my cell phone number via email or pm to anyone who wants it. Nik, I'd like to get your cell phone number if you have one. I just want to try to stay connected is all.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2006
    Mike
    Mike Lane wrote:
    Okay, I'll be leaving on Saturday to head down to Vegas for the trip. I feel woefully behind the power curve here. For the post shootout, where exactly are we meeting to get on the RV for the post shootout? I am assuming Las Vegas on the morning of the 20th. But where exactly? (Sorry for not wanting to comb through the thread rolleyes1.gif)

I'll pass on my cell phone number via email or pm to anyone who wants it. Nik, I'd like to get your cell phone number if you have one. I just want to try to stay connected is all.

I'm confused. I thought we agreed that you'd park your car at the AF base to keep it safe and then get together with Michiel and Kudbegud at Motel 6 early morning Wed May 17th (taxicab?). I plan to be at that motel with a rental car about 8:15 am.
    If you're not going to do so, please advise asap, I pm-ed you my cell.

As to the post-shotout: we using the same rental to navigate in-between Bryce and Zion and finally to get to St.George (where RV is waiting for us) Sunday morning. We get the RV, drop the rental at St.George airport and head out to Page (maybe with a few shooting stops down the road:-). Driving to LV from St.George only to go back to Page via, essentially, the same road is a total waste of time and gas, hence we didn't plan for it.ne_nau.gif

Gimme a call if you need a clarification..

HTH
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2006
    We've got 2 threads going at once. I'm clear in the other thread and I'm in for the rental etc. As long as we begin in Vegas and end up in Vegas I'm good to go :D

• Options
    edited May 12, 2006
    Cool!
    Mike Lane wrote:
    We've got 2 threads going at once. I'm clear in the other thread and I'm in for the rental etc. As long as we begin in Vegas and end up in Vegas I'm good to go :D

So everything is as we've planned:-) Just make sure you have some cash or checks on ya:-)
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2006
    Getting to an from nellis is going to be kind of a pain for me (take the car up there, walk to the main gate, call a taxi, wait there for the taxi, drive 18 miles to motel 6, pay $40 to the driver ... all before 0830 eek7.gif). The Nellis AFB main gate is 4 miles east of I-15 on Craig Road (see here). Can you guys make a short detour to pick me up from Nellis as you're heading North out of town on I-15? That'd save me a lot of hassle.

And hey, there are better things to spend $40 or $50 on than a cab ...
    beer.gif

• Options
    edited May 12, 2006
    Mike,
    Mike Lane wrote:
    Getting to an from nellis is going to be kind of a pain for me (take the car up there, walk to the main gate, call a taxi, wait there for the taxi, drive 18 miles to motel 6, pay $40 to the driver ... all before 0830 eek7.gif). The Nellis AFB main gate is 4 miles east of I-15 on Craig Road (see here). Can you guys make a short detour to pick me up from Nellis as you're heading North out of town on I-15? That'd save me a lot of hassle.

And hey, there are better things to spend $40 or $50 on than a cab ...
    beer.gif

As I mentioned before, that gate is on our way, we'll sure pick you up.. Just have you cellphone (and credit card:-) charged rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2006
    Nik,

about funds, do you have an estimate of how much we will need for the 'collective' stuff that has yet to be payed?

Cheers
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2006
    yeah, how much cash should we have for all the gas, rental, etc etc etc???

• Options
    edited May 12, 2006
    Michiel, Mike,
    Nik,
    about funds, do you have an estimate of how much we will need for the 'collective' stuff that has yet to be payed?
    Mike Lane wrote:
    yeah, how much cash should we have for all the gas, rental, etc etc etc???

Guys, I'd say - just to be on a safe side - that we may need to have about $600 on each of us. Me most likely would not need all that money ($300 is more or less accurate projected budget), but with the travel it's always better to play safe.
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2006
    Nikolai wrote:

Guys, I'd say - just to be on a safe side - that we may need to have about $600 on each of us. Me most likely would not need all that money ($300 is more or less accurate projected budget), but with the travel it's always better to play safe.

eek7.gif Good thing I just sold some framed pics!

• Options
    edited May 12, 2006
    Mike,
    Mike Lane wrote:
    eek7.gif Good thing I just sold some framed pics!

Again, hopefully we don't need that much. But from my past experience ATMs are not as dense there as they are in the streets of Denver or SF, and local people often look at credit cards as if they were funny money.. ne_nau.gif
    It should not be the problem with Bryce/Zioin, since it's a high-traffic touristy places, but for the post shootout...

"Praemunitas, praemonitas"... deal.gif
  • Options
    kudbegudkudbegud Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    i figure Page and Moab have to have some ATM's...they're fairly big cities/towns and big tourist destinations.
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2006
    That is probably correct
    kudbegud wrote:
    i figure Page and Moab have to have some ATM's...they're fairly big cities/towns and big tourist destinations.

However, there are ATM charges, and looking for them can be a hassle when all you need is a glass of beer.gif

Anyway - whatever makes more sense to you. As long as the funds are readily available, I totally cool with any solution :D

Cheers!1drink.gif
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2006
    Nikolai wrote:
    Anyway - whatever makes more sense to you. As long as the funds are readily available, I totally cool with any solution :D
    As I said, I'm without credit card right now, so cash will be my way to go... And I prefer getting some extra cash out of an ATM along the way instead of getting a load of cash to start the holidays with... (and the 20th is payday :D)
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2006
    Michiel,
    As I said, I'm without credit card right now, so cash will be my way to go... And I prefer getting some extra cash out of an ATM along the way instead of getting a load of cash to start the holidays with... (and the 20th is payday :D)

Whatever works, my brother, whatever works.. :-)
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2006
    oooooooo just packed most of my stuff :D so exciting all!!!!!!!!

3 nights before take-off to LV clap.gif
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2006
    Yeah< I feel the same:-)
    oooooooo just packed most of my stuff :D so exciting all!!!!!!!!

3 nights before take-off to LV clap.gif

Gonna pack most of the things this weekend:-)
  • Options
    Bob BellBob Bell Registered Users Posts: 598 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2006
    There is a wells fargo in moab. I have a few mountain bike friends that race / ride in moab from phoenix. There are a couple AZ banks in page, I haven't been through there in a long time.

You might have better luck in kanab. ut with banks but I haven't been there.
    Bob
    Phoenix, AZ
    Canon Bodies
    Canon and Zeiss Lenses
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2006
    Okay, FYI. I'll be waiting either at the gate at Nellis or somewhere right next to the gate. Nik you have my celly number and I've got yours. Call me when you guys exit at Craig Road off of 15 N and I'll let you know where I am. Unless I hear differently, I'll expect to see you guys between 0830 and 0845 depending on traffic. If you're going to be a lot earlier or later, please let me know.

I have my stuff in a crumpler karachi outpost and I've got another bag with clothes and such that is a bit larger than that. I'd call it a medium sized rolling duffel. I'm just telling you because that may influence what car you guys get if everyone has a couple of bags.

I'm heading out. I will probably have access to the internets much later today.

• Options
    Bob BellBob Bell Registered Users Posts: 598 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2006
    Mike Lane wrote:
    Okay, FYI. I'll be waiting either at the gate at Nellis or somewhere right next to the gate. Nik you have my celly number and I've got yours. Call me when you guys exit at Craig Road off of 15 N and I'll let you know where I am. Unless I hear differently, I'll expect to see you guys between 0830 and 0845 depending on traffic. If you're going to be a lot earlier or later, please let me know.

I have my stuff in a crumpler karachi outpost and I've got another bag with clothes and such that is a bit larger than that. I'd call it a medium sized rolling duffel. I'm just telling you because that may influence what car you guys get if everyone has a couple of bags.

I'm heading out. I will probably have access to the internets much later today.

Thats cool you are going to Nellis. Isn't area 51 supposed to be on Nellis property? Can you arrange a portrait session with some aliens or maybe a product shot of their ship? rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif
    Bob
    Phoenix, AZ
    Canon Bodies
    Canon and Zeiss Lenses