Options

2006: post shooutout

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2006
    Bob Bell wrote:
    Thats cool you are going to Nellis. Isn't area 51 supposed to be on Nellis property? Can you arrange a portrait session with some aliens or maybe a product shot of their ship? rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

lol3.gif Area 51 is in the nellis *ranges* which are NW of Vegas. If I could get in there myself I would get you guys in there. Anyone who is landing at Las Vegas should look to see some 737s with plain red and white paint jobs sitting at McCarren. You don't think people who work at Area 51 live up there do you? They get shuttled in from Vegas. That's about as close to Area 51 as you're likely to get deal.gif
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2006
    Updated Map
    Recompiled the map (once again, many thanks to Kudbegud!) just to make sure we didn't miss anything.

LV - Bryce - Zion - St.George - Page - Monument Valley (Bluffs) - Arches (Moab) - St.George - LV
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2006
    Update on a car
    After much considerations and few phone conversations with the fellow riders about the size of their luggage, I made an executive decision and upgraded our rental for the main shootout part up to a minivan (at only ~$25 per person more, this seemed a lesser evil than a necessity to hold a large camera bag on your laps for 300 miles).

So I guess we all well be comphy on our ride from Vegas via Nellis to Bryce, and so on, until St.George, where we will exchange it for the biggest and poshiest RV they make and rent out:-) :):

HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2006
    Perfect! I was a bit concerned about the car situation. Excellent choice Nikthumb.gif

• Options
    Bob BellBob Bell Registered Users Posts: 598 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2006
    Nikolai wrote:
    After much considerations and few phone conversations with the fellow riders about the size of their luggage, I made an executive decision and upgraded our rental for the main shootout part up to a minivan (at only ~$25 per person more, this seemed a lesser evil than a necessity to hold a large camera bag on your laps for 300 miles).

So I guess we all well be comphy on our ride from Vegas via Nellis to Bryce, and so on, until St.George, where we will exchange it for the biggest and poshiest RV they make and rent out:-) :):

HTH

I want to ride in the biggest and poshiext RX they make and rent out. Are the roads wide enough in Bryce to drive it around?
    Bob
    Phoenix, AZ
    Canon Bodies
    Canon and Zeiss Lenses
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2006
    Bob Bell wrote:
    I want to ride in the biggest and poshiext RX they make and rent out. Are the roads wide enough in Bryce to drive it around?

lol3.gif