you are really good at this HDR stuff , sir thumb.gif
    wish i could get result like his
  • Options
    ProfessionalProfessional Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2011
    basflt wrote: »
    you are really good at this HDR stuff , sir thumb.gif
    wish i could get result like his

Come and live in my country and feel so despressed, then you will find all the fun to spend time on HDR technique thumb.gif
  • Options
    basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2011
    Come and live in my country and feel so despressed, then you will find all the fun to spend time on HDR technique thumb.gif
    if i could i would , believe me
    i'm not not depressed though
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2011
    basflt wrote: »
    if i could i would , believe me
    i'm not not depressed though

Even with all that snow in your side of the world i many times wish to live there, my photography growing and increasing when i travel, mostly to landscape and beautiful countries.
  • Options
    SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2011
    Unknown location :D

1148273520_AshJo-XL.jpg
  • Options
    TrigPhotographyTrigPhotography Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2011
    Assonet Ledge
    Freetown, MA
    1050219020_bTfDP-XL.jpg

Rehoboth, MA
    1050758629_C9dHQ-XL.jpg

1049516605_pHBck-XL.jpg

"The Basilica of Our Lady of Perpetual Help"
    (The Mission Church of Boston)
    1144978209_pV4fj-XL.jpg
    Frank C. Grace
    Shooting with a Pentax K-5 and a slew of other goodies
    SmugMug | HDR Spotting | Flickr | Facebook | Google+
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2011
    1ds32663.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2011
    1ds32813.jpg

1ds32815.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2011
    1ds33186.jpg

1ds33186bw.jpg
  • Options
    Simo70Simo70 Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited January 14, 2011
    Awesome HDR photos, I am very impressedclap.gifclapclap.gifclap.
    I just started to explore this HDR world and downloaded the Photomatix plug-in for aperture. Does any of you know the real differences between it and the Pro vesrion? I am usinf Aperture for all my workflows and photo libraires and would like to stick with it but it the Photomatix Pro is much more powerful than the plug-in is probably worth to change my workflow for HDR images.
    It looks ike here there are many HDR gurus and any advice is highly apprecited.
    Hopefully one day I will upload some of my HDR as weel.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    edited January 15, 2011
    1ds35813.jpg
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited January 15, 2011
    Wow, the one right above this post is entirely surreal. Excellent image. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited January 15, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    Wow, the one right above this post is entirely surreal. Excellent image. thumb.gif

Thanks! thumb.gif
  • Options
    swifteyeswifteye Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2011
    Richard wrote: »

Very simple and very rich and all that Richard said. It is an image I can explore.
  • Options
    edited January 15, 2011
    swifteye wrote: »
    Very simple and very rich and all that Richard said. It is an image I can explore.

Thanks to you too.
    I try to do my best, i don't have great work so i spend time on doing HDRs.
  • Options
    swifteyeswifteye Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2011
    Being a bit modest are you? I believe contrary to what you say about your own work...it is certainly very proficient. Although I like work that has a person's unique vision and not so much copying worn out subject matter. The last image speaks to your personal experience and I like how you interpreted your experience, HDR or not.
    i don't have great work so i spend time on doing HDRs.
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited January 15, 2011
    1ds35813.jpg

I like this image quite a bit as well, and enjoy the central location of the rock, in spite of the admonition to avoid centering our subjects in the frame. I don't think this would have been near as strong if the rock was moved off center, as it really seems to center the image.

Also, I find this image not nearly as obvious an "HDR."

Instead it is just a fine image

I wonder why we feel the need to explain that this is an HDR. We don't tell folks that this is a "color" image, or that this is a "B&W" image. Nor do we point out that an image is Monochrome except for a small spot of color in the subject. We let the viewer interpret the image.ne_nau.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2011
    Assonet Ledge
    Freetown, MA

Rehoboth, MA

"The Basilica of Our Lady of Perpetual Help"

(The Mission Church of Boston)

very good stuff , Frank , all of 'em thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited January 15, 2011
    swifteye wrote: »
    Being a bit modest are you? I believe contrary to what you say about your own work...it is certainly very proficient. Although I like work that has a person's unique vision and not so much copying worn out subject matter. The last image speaks to your personal experience and I like how you interpreted your experience, HDR or not.
    pathfinder wrote: »
    I like this image quite a bit as well, and enjoy the central location of the rock, in spite of the admonition to avoid centering our subjects in the frame. I don't think this would have been near as strong if the rock was moved off center, as it really seems to center the image.

Also, I find this image not nearly as obvious an "HDR."

Instead it is just a fine image

I wonder why we feel the need to explain that this is an HDR. We don't tell folks that this is a "color" image, or that this is a "B&W" image. Nor do we point out that an image is Monochrome except for a small spot of color in the subject. We let the viewer interpret the image.ne_nau.gif

In fact i don't know how can i judge my work, and i can't tell what is my skill level in photography, i just have fun with photography until now, and HDR technique is a fun in itself, if i post non-HDR then it will be like not interesting or flat shot, also HDR looks overdone most of the time, so i try to go in between, but i really like that surreal or painting effect with HDR, and i have great shots only when i travel once per year to your countries, so you can get photos many times during the year, over 30,000, i just have my best photos from travel, coming back home with about 3000-5000 photos, out of those i may have around 100-400 as best, so i post something around 40-100 shots during the year, last year i didn't travel, so i don't have much to post, only old shots of my travel and very few from my country, so i feel i don't have enough collection to share with people online, HDR giving me time to choose my best shots then spending time for HDR, so in one year i can post something around 20-40 shots of HDR and say 5-10 normal shots rather than trying hardly to find 100 shots to post in one year.

I wish to have nature, landscapes, street,.. as you people have, the environment here is not so lovely or vivid for photography, in 2-4 weeks overseas i have amazing photos that i may have in 2-3 years in my country, and funny that i won few times, only once i won with a shot from my country.
  • Options
    SCPSCP Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2011
    Beautiful shots. Really just lovely Professional. As I scrolled through them I kept thinking to myself 'Oooh I hate him.. oh I hate him more.. Grrr" (Please read with compliments.. I don't actually hate you. I don't know you..)

I am jealous over your beautiful photos. The one of the rock is astounding and I would LOVE LOVE to have that on my wall in the bedroom. It is just simply gorgeous. If say a high res zip file of it wound up in my email.. I would not mind. ;)
    Kandie Kingery

Become a fan of Stone Creek Photography
  • Options
    SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2011
    Sunrise this morning...

1157923811_3SqBt-XL.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2011
    SCP wrote: »
    Beautiful shots. Really just lovely Professional. As I scrolled through them I kept thinking to myself 'Oooh I hate him.. oh I hate him more.. Grrr" (Please read with compliments.. I don't actually hate you. I don't know you..)

I am jealous over your beautiful photos. The one of the rock is astounding and I would LOVE LOVE to have that on my wall in the bedroom. It is just simply gorgeous. If say a high res zip file of it wound up in my email.. I would not mind. ;)

Thank you very much!

Oh man, you are not the only person who hate me :D there are many hating me and wanting to know my secret.

I am doing my best, but hey man, i hate you too [in a good way ofcourse], you live in a beautiful country even if you are not in that beautiful area, i live in country where i always travel to shoot landscapes or nature, so i think if i were in your place i may not do HDR and not spending money on gear and will spend all my time to go around in your country to shoot nature/landscapes.

I can send you a high resolution of that shot if you want, but i can't send very high res., so let me know what the size you want, if it is so high then can you pay for me? and if you can pay a good reasonable price then i will send you the RAW file itself.
  • Options
    SCPSCP Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2011
    I sent you a PM. :)
    Kandie Kingery

Become a fan of Stone Creek Photography
  • Options
    Simo70Simo70 Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited January 16, 2011
    Sunrise this morning...

1157923811_3SqBt-XL.jpg

Awesome shot, lots of details!! I like the paint looking. Very well done. Do you use Photomatix too?? I am stil indecided between the plug-in for Aperture of the Pro version. Any advise??
    Congrats again for the beautiful shot. I makes me want to go back to SF.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2011
    Simpson Bro,

Your image really loads very slow on my cable internet connection.

You have a nice image there, but I did notice, what looks like, some dust removal, cloning errors in the sky. :D

Was this taken recently? If so How does the renovations look?

Sam
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2011
    Here is an HD from two shots taken awhile ago.

Sam

1158586059_WudPH-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2011
    Sam wrote: »
    Here is an HD from two shots taken awhile ago.

Sam

1158586059_WudPH-L.jpg

Sam, nice shot, i like those kind of shots to do HDR, and your HDR is very natural that we can't tell it is HDR, good job.
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2011
    Thanks professional,

I actually like both the natural look and the surreal look. It really depends on what I want out of a particular image.

Sam
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2011
    Sam wrote: »
    Thanks professional,

I actually like both the natural look and the surreal look. It really depends on what I want out of a particular image.

Sam

Yes, true.