*ENTRY* Thread DSS #24: Emulation Image

1235»

Comments

• sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    well yes i guess we all do, but to have a image that also sells for millions would be a little bonus to merolleyes1.gif

While you are alive, no less mwink.gif
  • sdways01sdways01 Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    well yes i guess we all do, but to have a image that also sells for millions would be a little bonus to merolleyes1.gif
    sherstone wrote:
    While you are alive, no less mwink.gif

Both very good points.
    http://www.adamclarkmedia.com

"If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?" - Anonymous
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    I iloveyou.gif this thread :D
  • pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2009
    Pemmett, brother, we are past halfway there...just keep it together buddy...lol3.gif

but seriously, ive been thinking about the judging coming up and to me its strange to know that the theme really is wide open. i wonder if im going to ask Kerry for some extra time to judge...i have a feeling im going to be torn in every direction with the entries...

Aaron, I'm trying to keep it together I promise - what you've seen so far is me keeping it together, just pray I don't loose it :D

Seriously I'm with you about having those torn feelings about judging a competition that seems to be one of the most, if not the most, open rounds so far.

On the other hand, part of me is glad that I'm not having to shoot this one, as I know I get shooters block when it comes to open rounds compared to rounds which seem to have more defined boundaries. In fact I can honestly say that I suck at open rounds because there are just too many choices and I don't have the discipline to narrow it down myself.

Well I think that that's enough seriousness from me for this year.

Good luck everyone and I'm really excited to see what you guys come up with. Just to let you know - I am not reading any of the other threads for this round (hence the abundance of chatter from me in this thread) and also I'm not looking at the submissions until it's judging time - so I'm really looking forward to seeing you all out do yourselves and leaving Aaron and me a really hard time having to choose the images.

Cheers/Peter
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2009
    Kerry,

I just screwed up and uploaded the wrong version of my image. Would you mind deleting mine? Sorry for the hassle!

Jeff
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2009
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    I just screwed up and uploaded the wrong version of my image. Would you mind deleting mine? Sorry for the hassle!

thumb.gif
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2009
    Thank you!
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2009
    Kerry: EXIF
    Dnie just informed me that some of my EXIF data was missing. Apparently when I did HDR processing it dropped the "date taken" info. ne_nau.gif I have added it.deal.gif It is the exact same time as the "date modified" info. Are you OK with this?

Thanks,

Dan:D

Thanks very much Dnieclap.gif
    edited April 30, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    Dnie just informed me that some of my EXIF data was missing. Apparently when I did HDR processing it dropped the "date taken" info. ne_nau.gif I have added it.deal.gif It is the exact same time as the "date modified" info. Are you OK with this?

I have the same policy as Em: if you fess up before the round ends, I take it on trust and good faith you done good. thumb.gif If it's one image HDR-processed, you're set. If there's more than one image used to make your HDR, you need to linkify all your EXIFs. (I haven't gone to look, so ignore me if you've already done that. :D)
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    :rutt is it Monday yet?

Not until I get an entry in, then it can be Monday!! rolleyes1.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    :rutt is it Monday yet?

It's always Monday somewhere ... or is that just for drinking?headscratch.gif
    edited May 2, 2009
    MarkR wrote:
    It's always Monday somewhere ...

I so hope that isn't true...Mondays suck!!!!!!!!!!! Or is it just workheadscratch.gif
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    monitor calibration ceremony tonightthumb.gif:D:D

Peter you nervous? i know i am...i feel like im standing at the bridge entrance only to be asked :
    "what is your favorite color?"rolleyes1.gif

Bwahahahhaaha... have fun boys! (And I think you will.... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D)
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Bwahahahhaaha... have fun boys! (And I think you will.... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D)

lol3.gif

Yeah...have fun!
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    Just think guys,

it allll rests on your shoulders... eek7.gif

the power to declare greatness in a person's work...:encore

or to break the hearts of those you do not choose...:cry

:oogle scared yet?

rolleyes1.gifwings.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif have fun!
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    Just put up a second entry. Please delete the first one.

Thanks!!

Virginia

Email
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    Just submitted a modified entry. Please delete the first. Thanks...
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    monitor calibration ceremony tonightthumb.gif:D:D

Peter you nervous? i know i am...i feel like im standing at the bridge entrance only to be asked :
    "what is your favorite color?"rolleyes1.gif

Remember what lies on the other side of the bridge, outrageous taunting Frenchmen with cow-launchers.
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    pyry wrote:
    Remember what lies on the other side of the bridge, outrageous taunting Frenchmen with cow-launchers.

rolleyes1.gif
    edited May 4, 2009
    This round is now closed. Stay tuned. :D
    edited May 4, 2009
    Only 1 DQ this round, and it's one that really caused me anguish to make. :cry This round was specifically about emulating a "photograph from a photographer" as stated in the first post of this thread and later reasserted. Because I shot another entrant down, it wouldn't be fair to allow this image, no matter how much I personally think it rocks and really, truly amazes me.

DQ'd for not being on theme: quark
    527583069_HgSvU-Th.jpg

Escher is an illustrator, not a photographer, but I did dig around in the hopes of finding some photography work I'd perhaps previously been unaware of.
  • quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    Well as always I am happy to abide by the judge's decisions. I missed the thread where this was re-emphasized.

I was not aware it was possible to be dq'd for having poor theme. I have to say this scares me a bit since in the past many of the entries for some themes have been sketchy at best. I knew that I was not right on point but I assumed the judges would just score me poorly for bad theme. Alas.

Congrats to all the great finalists!
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.
    edited May 4, 2009
    The reemphasis was in this entry thread, and I'm so sorry it was missed. The theme description itself—the first post of this thread—specified that the image must be from a photographer. Most of the other themes are very vague and wide open for interpretation, so a DQ based on theme is very rare. In this case, there was a clear requirement in the description and it was not met, similar to the exclusive B&W challenges.

This is my least favorite part of running the challenges, especially when the photos in question are spectacular and very well done. These decisions are not made lightly, and it pains me every time.

I do my utmost to be clear and fair, and I choose my language very carefully. It's a fine line writing something specific enough to give guidance but vague enough to allow for many interpretations, and it really does cause me anguish writing those few theme sentences every round. I apologize for any misunderstandings, but know I'm doing my darnedest to avoid them.
    edited May 5, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    ........I apologize for any misunderstandings, but know I'm doing my darnedest to avoid them.

Kerry you are doing an amazing job so please do not stop. I've been DQ'd before and it feels crappy, but it doesn't mean your wrong. Keep up the good work.

Cheers/Peter