Options

>>> dgrin challenge 13: pathways <<<

Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    4427726-L.jpg
    Very nice Gubbs... your work is looking really really nice..
  • Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Nice image, Digi. Did you tone it at all? ear.gif
    No hue/color shift changes, just a boost in saturation at the end.

I didn't get the DOF effect as much as I had wanted on my little Canon G2, so I used the Photoshop CS Lens Blur for the first time. Among other things, it seemed to lighten certain areas, particularily the green foliage more than I liked. So I boosted the saturation.

Wa it too much?

Brad
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2004
    Okay, couldn't decide what to do with this, so I'm hoping for feedback. I'll eliminate two to make room for more later. lol. :D

Hi Savannah... I like number two... I like number one as well but I'm liking the blur on two (I"m obsessed with blur at the moment).
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2004
    DavidTO wrote:
    Well, I went hiking with my daughter this weekend, but didn't have as much luck as I was hoping. This was my best capture for the assignment.

Chumash Pathway

4506874-M.jpg

And

This Old House

4505656-M.jpg
    Hi Davidto,

I like the empty path (#1) .. I love to take shots of empty lanes and have been told there was nothing in the shot to look at but I totally disagree.. I love empty paths..
    Nice shot.
    Lynn
  • Options
    AltProAltPro Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2004
    The EMpty Path
    lynnma wrote:
    Hi Davidto,

I like the empty path (#1) .. I love to take shots of empty lanes and have been told there was nothing in the shot to look at but I totally disagree.. I love empty paths..
    Nice shot.
    Lynn
    I agree with you, Lynn.
    The empty path is only empty to those without the gift of imagination.
    Those with the gift are able to envision all that might have been on the path before, and all that is yet to come... the possibilities of that path are endless.

ginette
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
  • Options
    SavannahManSavannahMan Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Hi Savannah... I like number two... I like number one as well but I'm liking the blur on two (I"m obsessed with blur at the moment).
    Thanx. I'm still quite the beginner with PS, trying to learn by ear,(eye) so to speak. That's a gaussian blurred black and white layer at 60% opacity on top of the original. I liked it as well, but thought I might be the only one. I think I may need to take a full-on, no holds barred, bleed my hobby money dry photoshop course one day... Trying to figure it all out seems a bit like deciphering luxury home blueprints in aramaic. (speaking from experience there...lmao) I hope in a future incarnation to be a descendant of Andy's.
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2004
    digismile wrote:
    4522030-L.jpg

Fort Edmonton Park
    Jebus !!! this site started out about 6 months back with a few A.D.D sufferers showing bad pictures of their cats....now we are getting some serious work in.

Fantastic shot Digismile. I really like that.
  • Options
    SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2004
    My pathways
    I just got back from Malaysia and got some shots that will qualify for this challenge but i didn't specially make them for it..i hope that's ok? I've seen a lot of good entry's, i really like the one from Pathfinder (what's in a name?) and Ginger's #2!!
    Here's mine..
  • Options
    SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2004
    Another one;
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2004
    AltPro wrote:
    I agree with you, Lynn.
    The empty path is only empty to those without the gift of imagination.
    Those with the gift are able to envision all that might have been on the path before, and all that is yet to come... the possibilities of that path are endless.

ginette
    Nicely put Ginette.. my feelings exactly :D
    Cant put this in the assignment as it's not new but I loved this walk
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Nicely put Ginette.. my feelings exactly :D
    Cant put this in the assignment as it's not new but I loved this walk
    Did you post that one before Lynnma? it's a beautiful shot. (kinda Blair Witchy methinks...)
  • Options
    HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2004
    Hirshhorn
    4547512-L.jpg
    Tim
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2004
    Oh Tim, why'd you have to go and make me homesick. That's my favorite place to go in Washington...ho hum...July will come soon enough. Beautiful picture of a beautiful museum...
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2004
    re the blurred picture of the ghostly old walk
    I like the second one, too. The blurred one with the white overlay, or whatever you call it.

I have liked goldish colors on my pictures, I think I will try for some of that white stuff, too.

I liked it when I first saw it earlier today, before my computer completely crashed.

It has a kind of ghostly quality, without looking cutesy, that is what I think.
    I thought for a minute or so that the place was actually fogged or the light was funny or whatever. Maybe really haunted, smile.

I thank you, I am going to try playing with white when the gold doesn't work,
    grin.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2004
    Bad Cat Picture Coming Right up, as soon as
    Humungus wrote:
    Jebus !!! this site started out about 6 months back with a few A.D.D sufferers showing bad pictures of their cats....now we are getting some serious work in.

I get to it. Hey, that is not a bad cat, I get it, it is a bad picture, well I have the "bad" cat, and I can do bad pictures better than just about anyone. A real challenge here. Smile, grin!

Darn, Now I have to put my cat somewhere in this pathway thing. And she doesn't even leave the upstairs. But you all will see her, what else do I have to do besides take really bad pictures of my cat.

ginger
  • Options
    AltProAltPro Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2004
    SeeMoon wrote:
    Another one;
    Absolutely Beautiful, SeeMoon!
    Wonderful Ethereal feel.
    ginette
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2004
    I really like the Malaysia shot, too.
    I've seen a lot of good entry's, i really like the one from Pathfinder (what's in a name?) and Ginger's #2!!
    Here's mine..[/QUOTE]
    Thank you See Moon, I really like your shot, too. I love things like that. And I would have moved the motorcycle and ruined the whole shot, not completely ruined, but certainly not the great shot I think yours is.

And the funny thing is it looks like where I live in South Carolina. Places like that are around here, sitting on land worth a fortune. I am embarrassed photographing them, well, they don't have the motorcycle, nor the path. The people are around, and they stare at me. Often they are kids, elementary school type, and I know they don't want me taking their pictures.

I thought they were going to really yell at me at that cemetery, sitting with an AME Church, and the basket people of this low country. They kept coming over and "reminding" me not to get them in any of the pictures. I didn't plan on it, and I didn't. If I really want one, I will sneak it, but I didn't even want one. This time.
    But I was embarrassed, but determined to take those pictures.

(Other than that, I could be living in Malaysia.)

ginger
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2004
    digismile wrote:
    Was it too much?

Brad

No, I don't think so. It looks good. You did a good job with the blur.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2004
    4547512-L.jpg

Tim, terrific shot! Great composition, really get a sense of a low, sweeping ceiling.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2004
    Lead, Brass, and Gunpowder.

4555882-L.jpg
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2004
    re lead, brass and gunpowder
    Oh, My, Fish. Great Idea, wonderfully executed. I like it.

ginger
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2004
    Did you post that one before Lynnma? it's a beautiful shot. (kinda Blair Witchy methinks...)
    yeah, it's an old one.. How did you guess I was the Blair Witch?
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Why thankyou Sidney...another cup of lemon tea & maybe some more cucumber sandwich.

They say pollock was out of his tree most days. Ive squashed a disc in my back (the doc has given me the purple ones) & that photo took 7 hours to set up. I will still swear that i was working on the bike the whole time.
    Oh dear Humy, sorry bout the disc... bet that hurts a bit..eek7.gif
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    yeah, it's an old one.. How did you guess I was the Blair Witch?
    In the special edition DVD, there's an interview with you.
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2004
    FRAGRANCE

Taken with a Canon Elf 2.5 mp
  • Options
    HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2004
    damonff wrote:
    Oh Tim, why'd you have to go and make me homesick. That's my favorite place to go in Washington...ho hum...July will come soon enough. Beautiful picture of a beautiful museum...
    Thank you, Damon. I actually haven't been inside the Hirshhorn yet. I work across the street and usually go walkin' around the Mall at lunchtime. I'll take a peak inside on the next rainy day.

And, Sid, thanks to you as well.
    Tim
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Oh, My, Fish. Great Idea, wonderfully executed. I like it.

ginger

Thanks ginger. and your cat is a cutie!
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2004
    waterpath
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2004
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2004
    Inner Path - Silchester
    4570489-L.jpg