Options

it's a jeep thing....do you understand?

1235723

Comments

  • Options
    tsk1979tsk1979 Registered Users Posts: 937 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2010
  • Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2010
    tsk1979 wrote: »
    At a local offroad event

    Pretty cool stuff....thumb.gif
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2010
    Took this shot of my two jeeps tonight....I have the YJ up for sale, so I wanted to grab a shot of them together. I would have preferred a shot of them on the trail.

    1089695074_vZjEX-L.jpg
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 21, 2010
    Tonight
    1099870610_7mB5R-XL.jpg
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 22, 2010
    One more, since that last one went over so well. :giggle

    1099983693_Byt4V-XL-2.jpg

    That's literally the same spot, btw. See that little cactus near the driver's side front tire that's in both shots. All I did was change my point of view. Nice spot, huh?
  • Options
    tsk1979tsk1979 Registered Users Posts: 937 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    I like the second one much more! the first shot looks a little overdone!
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 22, 2010
    tsk1979 wrote: »
    I like the second one much more! the first shot looks a little overdone!
    Thanks, I agree it. The biggest problem is the halo over the left side of the roof rack, but I was too lazy to redo it.
  • Options
    Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    kdog wrote: »
    One more, since that last one went over so well. :giggle

    1099983693_Byt4V-XL-2.jpg

    That's literally the same spot, btw. See that little cactus near the driver's side front tire that's in both shots. All I did was change my point of view. Nice spot, huh?

    Dude, Joel - that is fantastic!clap.gif
    ~*Natalie*~

    A lover of all things photography.

    Olympus E-500

    My Smugmug Gallery
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 23, 2010
    Sexy6Chick wrote: »
    Dude, Joel - that is fantastic!clap.gif

    Thanks, Natalie! I had it in my mind that I needed to get out and get some new Jeep shots. So I went out after the storm, and voila, the shot materialized. I love it when a plan comes together. deal.gif
  • Options
    Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2010
    kdog wrote: »
    Thanks, Natalie! I had it in my mind that I needed to get out and get some new Jeep shots. So I went out after the storm, and voila, the shot materialized. I love it when a plan comes together. deal.gif

    Definitely! I swear it looks like it belongs in a magazine. I have a lot to learn haha.
    ~*Natalie*~

    A lover of all things photography.

    Olympus E-500

    My Smugmug Gallery
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,923 moderator
    edited November 23, 2010
    I like that last one Joel. You know how much I'm not a fan of HDR but that looks pretty damn good thumb.gif
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 24, 2010
    ian408 wrote: »
    I like that last one Joel. You know how much I'm not a fan of HDR but that looks pretty damn good thumb.gif
    Then that shot will do nothing to dissuade your dislike of HDR, because it's not one. rolleyes1.gif The main reason that first one was HDR was because I was shooting into the sun.

    Thanks, Ian. thumb.gif
    Sexy6Chick wrote: »
    Definitely! I swear it looks like it belongs in a magazine. I have a lot to learn haha.
    See above comment to Ian. The main thing is get out when the light is good, but you already knew that. deal.gif

    Cheers,
    -joel
  • Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2010
    That is one real nice spot there joel.

    And like I said before....very well done.
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,700 moderator
    edited November 25, 2010
    Nice pin striping too!!
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

    Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    howbouchahowboucha Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited November 26, 2010
    pathfinder wrote: »
    A friend of mines, very well used, Land Cruiser

    501650546_NNQPz-L.jpg

    Hey! That's my old series ;). A quick story about it. When I moved to "the woods" I had to have a junk car in the yard like everyone else. Being a land rover (and pinzgauer at the time) enthusiast I found this far-too-gone iia about 40 miles away. It has a fantastic history. I paid $250 mainly for the story, another $100 to tow it to my place where she rests happily ever after

    Here is a so-so shot of my latest rover. It is an XD and I sold it to a guy in NC who put a 300tdi in it.

    96928245_szmEj-L.jpg

    Pathfinder. Let's see some shots of the new FJ!
    I like to take pictures :)

    My SmugMug site: http://www.purplepug.com
    My V-Strom Site: http://www.stromtrooper.com
  • Options
    howbouchahowboucha Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited November 26, 2010
    It always made a nice photo vehicle. I miss that disco

    694906610_AXxNa-XL.jpg
    I like to take pictures :)

    My SmugMug site: http://www.purplepug.com
    My V-Strom Site: http://www.stromtrooper.com
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,923 moderator
    edited November 26, 2010
    kdog wrote: »
    Then that shot will do nothing to dissuade your dislike of HDR, because it's not one.

    I guess you got me lol3.gif
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2010
    1107956550_aWWtB-L.jpg

    1107957148_YdA3m-L.jpg
    ~*Natalie*~

    A lover of all things photography.

    Olympus E-500

    My Smugmug Gallery
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,923 moderator
    edited November 29, 2010
    That first one looks like a dancer.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 30, 2010
    Dayam. :wow

    That suspension looks like it's working pretty good there, Natalie. nod.gif I didn't know leafs would flex like that.
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 30, 2010
    Two new ones I shot yesterday evening.

    1109359631_62as6-XL-1.jpg

    1109503930_i6fnb-XL-1.jpg
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,923 moderator
    edited November 30, 2010
    What are the mountains in the background of that first one called?
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 30, 2010
    ian408 wrote: »
    What are the mountains in the background of that first one called?

    Those are the Hualapai Mountains, Ian. It's one big playground up there. Camping, a county park, and endless off-road trails. There's one road that follows the ridge for 40 miles and goes all the way to Yucca (almost to Havasu), and passes some old mines along the way.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,923 moderator
    edited November 30, 2010
    kdog wrote: »
    Those are the Hualapai Mountains, Ian. It's one big playground up there. Camping, a county park, and endless off-road trails. There's one road that follows the ridge for 40 miles and goes all the way to Yucca (almost to Havasu), and passes some old mines along the way.

    Thanks! I'm supposed to be going to the Superstitions next month--I was curious about where I was going.

    That place looks so beautiful!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 30, 2010
    ian408 wrote: »
    Thanks! I'm supposed to be going to the Superstitions next month--I was curious about where I was going.

    That place looks so beautiful!

    Yeah, I love it up there. Heck, I love all the mountain around here. Kingman is still a couple of hours away from the Superstitions which are near Flagstaff. You'll most likely be going straight through Kingman though. So stop by if you want a tour.

    Here's a wider view of the Hualapais. Again, this is just a tiny piece of the range.
    IMG_7439.jpg
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,923 moderator
    edited November 30, 2010
    kdog wrote: »
    Yeah, I love it up there. Heck, I love all the mountain around here. Kingman is still a couple of hours away from the Superstitions which are near Flagstaff. You'll most likely be going straight through Kingman though. So stop by if you want a tour.

    I'll let you know as it gets closer to the date!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2010
    kdog wrote: »
    Dayam. :wow

    That suspension looks like it's working pretty good there, Natalie. nod.gif I didn't know leafs would flex like that.

    They sure can! Aaron is finally happy with the setup in terms of down travel and up travel in the front and back of the truck. It's working very well :D
    ~*Natalie*~

    A lover of all things photography.

    Olympus E-500

    My Smugmug Gallery
  • Options
    Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2010
    kdog wrote: »
    Two new ones I shot yesterday evening.

    1109359631_62as6-XL-1.jpg

    Why you always gotta show me up?!:cry

    Love everything about this Joel.bowdown.gif
    ~*Natalie*~

    A lover of all things photography.

    Olympus E-500

    My Smugmug Gallery
  • Options
    Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2010
    ian408 wrote: »
    Thanks! I'm supposed to be going to the Superstitions next month--I was curious about where I was going.

    That place looks so beautiful!

    Superstitions are down by me, let me know when you are coming as well and maybe we can meet up and do some picture taking and wheeling :)
    ~*Natalie*~

    A lover of all things photography.

    Olympus E-500

    My Smugmug Gallery
  • Options
    AguadulceAguadulce Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited December 3, 2010
    The maps call them "Cart paths"
    My 31 year old Series III, use it to explore the trails here in Panama.
    Cheers,
    Mike
Sign In or Register to comment.