Options

The Moo Business Cards Thread

Comments

• Options
    daylightimagesdaylightimages Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    Try again? ear.gif

This morning I'm getting an error message on the first step in Moo that it can't find any images. That's the fastest that it's bombed out so far.

EDIT: It did allow me to pick a gallery, and once I did that it did recognize my photos. Still bombing out on the second step (SmugMug appears to be down).

Going to try a different gallery and see what happens. Stand by.

EDIT 2: Nope. Second gallery gave the same result.
    Steve Barry
    The Railroad Photographer
    www.railroadphotographer.com
  • Options
    RonD200RonD200 Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2010
    Moo - Smugmug appears to be down message
    Hi, I'm trying to create my 50 business cards on Moo and I pick my photos from Public galleries and keep getting the message:

The Smugmug site appears to be down

I have set the Moo permissions to be Full

Also it can't find photos in some of my public galleries

It would also be helpful in the Album view to sort the galleries in alphabetical order.

Any ideas of why I keep getting the Smugmug appears to be down message?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2010
    Ron, try clearing your moo cookies and give it another go?
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2010
    Ron, try clearing your moo cookies and give it another go?

Thanks Andy, I finally got it to work and was able to create the business cards, but I'm not getting the discount at checkout. I'm a Smugmug Pro and should only have to pay the shipping but it's charging me the full price plus shipping. Are we supposed to supply a coupon code to get the discount?
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2010
    RonD200 wrote: »
    Thanks Andy, I finally got it to work and was able to create the business cards, but I'm not getting the discount at checkout. I'm a Smugmug Pro and should only have to pay the shipping but it's charging me the full price plus shipping. Are we supposed to supply a coupon code to get the discount?

Hi Ron, we're working on this with Moo. Unfortunately, you may have to clear your browser's cookie for moo.com and start over - hate having to tell you that :( If it persists, contact Moo here https://secure.moo.com/en/service/ thanks
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2010
    I'm still stuck on the SmugMug is down message.

I'm a little reluctant to dump all my cookies from Firefox. Is there a way to access only the Moo cookies?
    Steve Barry
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2010
    I'm still stuck on the SmugMug is down message.

I'm a little reluctant to dump all my cookies from Firefox. Is there a way to access only the Moo cookies?

sure, you can search for moo.com in your cookie manager in firefox and only remove those cookies.
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2010
    Okay. Cleared cookies but I'm still getting the SmugMug service appears to be down message.
    Steve Barry
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2010
    Hi Ron, we're working on this with Moo. Unfortunately, you may have to clear your browser's cookie for moo.com and start over - hate having to tell you that :( If it persists, contact Moo here https://secure.moo.com/en/service/ thanks

Hi Andy, I cleared the moo cookies and went back and tried to make the business cards again, and once again I'm getting the Smugmug is down message. Also I'm getting a can't retrieve photos message from some of my galleries which is strange because I got photos from these galleries the first time I made the business cards???? Not sure what to try next.

BTW I'm using the latest Firefox browser

Thanks,
    Ron
  • Options
    HylanderHylander Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited June 20, 2010
    I love this - but I'm having many of the issues that others are having.

I have 2 different pro accounts - and I have the same issues whether I'm using Chrome, IE, or Firefox.

It tells me it can't retrieve some photos, it then says the service is down, it then says it can't find any photos in a gallery, etc. All of these galleries are public, and on both account I have them Full access in the control panel. I'll try deleting cookies again - but this is kind of frustrating. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2010
    Update - I got all my images to show up in thumbnails, but I keep getting the "The smugmug service appears to be down at the moment" whenever I try to hit Next Step - and two or three of the thumbnails I had selected are now missing from my selections below. I've gone through this about 5 times now.
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2010
    Hylander wrote: »
    Update - I got all my images to show up in thumbnails, but I keep getting the "The smugmug service appears to be down at the moment" whenever I try to hit Next Step - and two or three of the thumbnails I had selected are now missing from my selections below. I've gone through this about 5 times now.

That happens to me too, I pick 10 thumbnails, try to go to next step and 3 or 4 of the thumbnails go away and I get the Smugmug is down message. I got it to work once but when I went to check out it charged me the full price plus shipping. Deleted cookies and haven't been able to get it to work again???
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2010
    Yeah - I've tried everything numerous times and it's just not working. :cry
  • Options
    kd2kd2 Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2010
    Hi Kathy, see the 3rd faq in Post #1 pls. Let us know.

Hi Andy, it was set correctly, but I'm still having problems. I thought it was working for a few minutes, I was happily loading images, then the one gallery I really wanted to use wouldn't load. I checked the settings again, everything is as it's supposed to be according to the FAQ instructions.

So it's been a few hours and I came back to try again, now that Smugmug's back up. I get this message:

Sorry, we were unable to retrieve any photos. You might not have any photos or SmugMug might be down.

I don't think Moo likes me.......
    ~Kathy
    Success Coach, Motivational Speaker, Professional Photographer
    "Enriching Lives through Images and Inspiration"
    www.kathleendavenport.com

• Options
    edited June 20, 2010
    kd2 wrote: »

It's not just you, Kathy. Maybe it's time for a little cow tipping.
    Steve Barry
  • Options
    MOOHQMOOHQ Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited June 21, 2010
    Hi NatashaJapp. We're working on some fixes this morning. Stay tuned. I'll update this thread when we make the changes. Ultimately, what we will do is allow you to print any of your photos whether they are in a public or private gallery.

Sorry for any hassle.
    Lisa from MOO Crew
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2010
    We're working on some fixes!
    kd2 wrote: »
    Hi Andy, it was set correctly, but I'm still having problems. I thought it was working for a few minutes, I was happily loading images, then the one gallery I really wanted to use wouldn't load. I checked the settings again, everything is as it's supposed to be according to the FAQ instructions.

So it's been a few hours and I came back to try again, now that Smugmug's back up. I get this message:

Sorry, we were unable to retrieve any photos. You might not have any photos or SmugMug might be down.

KD2,
    Yes, we like you! We are trying to rewrite the integration to allow all of you access to your private photos. This seems to be the underlying issue. Stay tuned and I'll post here when the fix has rolled out.

Lisa from the MOO CREWheadscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2010
    Good News! We've made some fixes -- read on.
    Hello Everybody.

Thanks for all the feedback. It helped us identify some weird and wonderful use cases where we were unable to pull in your photos to MOO.

As a result, our developers have adjusted the code so anyone who has not yet tried to create cards should easily be able to pull in both private and public photos (but NOT hidden).

Now, if you have already tried and have run in to an error. I'm going to ask that you follow these steps and then all should be fine (fingers crossed). You will need to revoke MOO's access to your account. To do this:

• click on the settings tab
    • scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the 'revoke' link beside moo.com

Once you've done that you should follow the link to MOO http://www.moo.com/smugmug/ to make your cards. You'll be asked once again to grant MOO access to your photos. This should correct any issues that you were previously experiencing.

Thanks for all your patience. Please let us know if that fixes the issues you have been experiencing.

Lisa and Simon (our CTO) from the MOO Crew
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2010
    MOOHQ wrote: »
    Hello Everybody.

Thanks for all the feedback. It helped us identify some weird and wonderful use cases where we were unable to pull in your photos to MOO.

As a result, our developers have adjusted the code so anyone who has not yet tried to create cards should easily be able to pull in both private and public photos (but NOT hidden).

I am using only a gallery with public access photos -- no hidden photos, no virtual gallery photos, just plain ol' uploaded directly into the gallery so everyone can see 'em photos. (As an aside, yesterday I tried to go through the process by selecting only one photo, and was still getting the SmugMug is down message).
    Now, if you have already tried and have run in to an error. I'm going to ask that you follow these steps and then all should be fine (fingers crossed). You will need to revoke MOO's access to your account. To do this:

• click on the settings tab
    • scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the 'revoke' link beside moo.com

Did that.

Once you've done that you should follow the link to MOO http://www.moo.com/smugmug/ to make your cards. You'll be asked once again to grant MOO access to your photos. This should correct any issues that you were previously experiencing.

It doesn't ask for access to my SmugMug account. Instead it gives me this message:

Sorry, we were unable to retrieve any photos

You might not have any photos or SmugMug might be down

So now what?

EDIT: Cleared Moo cookies. Now I'm back to the SmugMug service seems to be down at the moment.
    Steve Barry
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2010
    Finally!!!
    Ok after the latest fixes by Moo, I was able to create my business cards and got the discount at checkout!!!!

Can't wait to see them!clap.gif
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2010
    RonD200 wrote: »
    Ok after the latest fixes by Moo, I was able to create my business cards and got the discount at checkout!!!!

Can't wait to see them!clap.gif
    Woop :D
  • Options
    jtrefjtref Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited June 22, 2010
    I just spent a long time picking images, choosing the text and layout, and now am in the checkout, but no discount is applied...seeing the full price at the bottom of the page.

I really don't want to go through and do it all over again...any ideas?
  • Options
    BlinkactionphotoBlinkactionphoto Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 22, 2010
    No joy here....
    jtref wrote: »
    I just spent a long time picking images, choosing the text and layout, and now am in the checkout, but no discount is applied...seeing the full price at the bottom of the page.

I really don't want to go through and do it all over again...any ideas?

Well, you've gotten farther than I have. I can't seem to get past the ole "you don't have any photos or Smugmug is down" page. Something I noticed was upon revoking Moo from my Authorized Application in the control panel/settings section, it does not reappear NOR ask for permission again upon retrying the process. I have deleted the cache, cookies and temporary files numerous times but no joy. Also, I have intentionally created two junk totally public galleries with a worthless photo and tried going thru the gallery, BUY/BUSINESS CARDS route....but same result.

I know Moo is trying to work this out, as I have been in contact with "Dan" via email from Moo.com, but i think they might still be trying to locate the source of the problem....at least for me.

Greg
    Blink Photography
    We Shoot To Thrill
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2010
    Hello Again.

Well it seems we have fixed the main issue, but forgot one simple step i.e. QUIT the browser before starting again (this deletes the session token - for those geekier than I). Once more, here are the steps one should take before attempting the build again.

1.) Go to your SmugMug control panel
    2.) Click the Settings tab
    3.) Scroll down to the bottom and look to 'Authorized Applications'
    4.) You should have the following line in there:
    app name: MOO | access: Full | permissions: Read | change | revoke
    5.) If the line says "access: Public" then 'revoke' the certificate
    6.) Quit out of your browser (Ctrl-Q on windows or Apple-Q on a Mac)*** This is the step we didn't mention before (apologies)
    7.) Fire up your browser and head to http://moo.com/smugmug

Now hopefully this should fix your issues. We do know of a real edge case that we are working on with SmugMug that affects just a few people at random times (I know not very helpful). That being said, we hope to have that resolved later today when the west coast wakes up.

Again, thanks for keeping with it. We should have it all working smoothly very soon.

Lisa from MOO Crew
  • Options
    BlinkactionphotoBlinkactionphoto Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 22, 2010
    Hello Again.

Well it seems we have fixed the main issue, but forgot one simple step i.e. QUIT the browser before starting again (this deletes the session token - for those geekier than I). Once more, here are the steps one should take before attempting the build again.

1.) Go to your SmugMug control panel
    2.) Click the Settings tab
    3.) Scroll down to the bottom and look to 'Authorized Applications'
    4.) You should have the following line in there:
    app name: MOO | access: Full | permissions: Read | change | revoke
    5.) If the line says "access: Public" then 'revoke' the certificate
    6.) Quit out of your browser (Ctrl-Q on windows or Apple-Q on a Mac)*** This is the step we didn't mention before (apologies)
    7.) Fire up your browser and head to http://moo.com/smugmug

Now hopefully this should fix your issues. We do know of a real edge case that we are working on with SmugMug that affects just a few people at random times (I know not very helpful). That being said, we hope to have that resolved later today when the west coast wakes up.

Again, thanks for keeping with it. We should have it all working smoothly very soon.

Lisa from MOO Crew

Kudos to Dan and Lisa (and the rest of the Moo crew) for pointing out and fixing my problem! I must confess that it was stupidity on my part as I did NOT close my browser and restart after revoking permission. Even though it wasn't listed yet in the steps to take to try and get it to work, it was something I should have tried. Anyway.....thank you Moo Crew for helping me out and everything worked fine afterwards.

Greg
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2010
    I too was able to get it all to work out. I order 50 for free, and then paid for 50 different ones. I have two SmugMug Pro accounts, so I was hoping for 2 discounts - but I won't be too greedy. thumb.gif
  • Options
    tm[ ]phototm[ ]photo Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited June 22, 2010
    Thanks guys!!
    Thanks Smugmug and Moo for the cards!! Another reason I have been a happy pro for over 5 years!!
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2010
    YAY! We've done it - finally.
    wings.gif

Thanks for sticking with us folks! We (both MOO and SmugMug) have made a number of fixes that should mean everything is working fine. If you have attempted to order before and run in to the errors. Please follow the steps above and all should be fine.

Let us know what you think of your cards when you receive them.
    The ENTIRE MOO Crew
  • Options
    jasonscottphotojasonscottphoto Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2010
    Got our free cards today - wow are they nice!!! Thanks for the freebie! :D
    Posts by Allyson, the wife/assistant...

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
  • Options
    twincitiesphototwincitiesphoto Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2010
    I just got my first order of cards today and am impressed. The cards are printed on a nice thick, sturdy paper - unlike cheaper paper I've seen from other companies. While I rushed my initial order of cards - I'm now gonna go back and get some better images I like and order a second batch!