Options

The Moo Business Cards Thread

Comments

• Options
    HylanderHylander Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited June 27, 2010
    Like others, I received my first batch of cards yesterday and I was extremely happy with the quality! I will make some changes on the graphics on the front, but that is due to my selection and nothing to do with moo.com's quality or product in any way.

Kudos! thumb.gif
  • Options
    MOOHQMOOHQ Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited June 28, 2010
    Let's see a shot of them!
    Got our free cards today - wow are they nice!!! Thanks for the freebie! :D

clap.gifIt would be great to see a photograph of them here. Please share.

Lisa of the MOO Crew
  • Options
    CleanTthCleanTth Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited June 28, 2010
    Moo mini cards
    Hi Andy - I love SmugMug, as you know ...I want to love MOO, too, but just ordered my 'free' 100 mini cards and was very disappointed to see that the whole amount of money went through ...Since it had said the cost of the cards would come off at checkout I went through to the end...now I owe it all... Hmmm, I wrote to MOO, too, but do you have any advice? I had seen some other posts, but thought the bug was fixed.
    Thanks, Hillary
    www.PhotosByHillary.com
    I shoot the shots so you can be in them!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2010
    CleanTth wrote: »
    Hi Andy - I love SmugMug, as you know ...I want to love MOO, too, but just ordered my 'free' 100 mini cards and was very disappointed to see that the whole amount of money went through ...Since it had said the cost of the cards would come off at checkout I went through to the end...now I owe it all... Hmmm, I wrote to MOO, too, but do you have any advice? I had seen some other posts, but thought the bug was fixed.
    Thanks, Hillary
    I'm sure the Moo folks will take care of you, Hillary!
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2010
    CleanTth wrote: »
    Thanks, Hillary

Hi Hillary,

I take it you are a PRO user. You definitely should have received your MiniCards for free. Our CS team will get back to you with a resolution if you email them here: https://secure.moo.com/en/service/ Please include your SmugMug user name.

I've asked them to keep an eye out for your email.

Thanks
    Lisa from MOO Crew
  • Options
    ImageX PhotographyImageX Photography Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2010
    I ordered business cards along with my minis and got them today. I didn't get the 15% off my first order because I ordered them right away with my freebies. That sucks. Plus, I specifically ran the image off the sides of the card so there would be no "white edges". That's what I thought anyway but now I have to trim ALL of my business cards. I'm gonna have to use a paper cutter to do it right. Some of the print is also hard to read but I guess it's my fault for choosing/designing what I did. I was expecting a higher resolution print with better color separation but it didn't work out. Thanks for the freebies anyway.
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2010
    I ordered business cards along with my minis and got them today. I didn't get the 15% off my first order because I ordered them right away with my freebies. That sucks. Plus, I specifically ran the image off the sides of the card so there would be no "white edges". That's what I thought anyway but now I have to trim ALL of my business cards. I'm gonna have to use a paper cutter to do it right. Some of the print is also hard to read but I guess it's my fault for choosing/designing what I did. I was expecting a higher resolution print with better color separation but it didn't work out. Thanks for the freebies anyway.

Contact Moo, they'll make it right I'm sure
    https://secure.moo.com/en/service/

thanks!
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2010

Yes, As Andy says, contact MOO's CS. There shouldn't be a white strip. One of the guys will definitely help you to get it right.

Thanks
    Lisa from MOO Crew
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2010
    I just received my second batch of 50 cards from Moo and they are simply wonderful. A couple of the images are a "little" darker than I had hoped (I ordered 5 cards each of 10 different pics), but overall I'm more than happy with the product from Moo and I'll certainly be re-ordering in the future. From the packaging to the cards themselves, the product Moo.com delivers is first rate. The pricing is a bargain for this type of quality IMHO. The hardest part is going to be restraining from having cards made of ALL my favorite images.

clap.gifthumb.gifwings.gifbowdown.gif :ivar
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2010
    We're happy when you're happy.
    Hylander wrote: »
    I just received my second batch of 50 cards from Moo and they are simply wonderful. A couple of the images are a "little" darker than I had hoped (I ordered 5 cards each of 10 different pics), but overall I'm more than happy with the product from Moo and I'll certainly be re-ordering in the future. From the packaging to the cards themselves, the product Moo.com delivers is first rate. The pricing is a bargain for this type of quality IMHO. The hardest part is going to be restraining from having cards made of ALL my favorite images.

clap.gifthumb.gifwings.gifbowdown.gif :ivar

We're glad you are happy. Do feel free to contact customer service about the particular cards that you felt were a bit dark. We want you to be 100% happy.

As a head's up , since so many photographers have asked us, we'll be launching an unbranded packaging option for business cards and MiniCards. This way you can provide to clients without letting them know where you had them printed.

Be sure to sign up to our MOOsletter as we'll announce when we have the packaging available.

Ciao
    Lisa from MOO Crew
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2010
    MOOHQ wrote: »
    We're glad you are happy. Do feel free to contact customer service about the particular cards that you felt were a bit dark. We want you to be 100% happy.

As a head's up , since so many photographers have asked us, we'll be launching an unbranded packaging option for business cards and MiniCards. This way you can provide to clients without letting them know where you had them printed.

Be sure to sign up to our MOOsletter as we'll announce when we have the packaging available.

Ciao
    Lisa from MOO Crew

Thank you for the concern Lisa, I certainly appreciate it - but I am 100% satisfied. The original pictures in question ARE a little dark to begin with. Like my first batch, I'll make some minor adjustments on my end before I reprint now that I know what to expect.

Thank you again!
  • Options
    CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    Hylander wrote: »
    Thank you for the concern Lisa, I certainly appreciate it - but I am 100% satisfied. The original pictures in question ARE a little dark to begin with. Like my first batch, I'll make some minor adjustments on my end before I reprint now that I know what to expect.

Thank you again!

Agreed! I had a couple that came out a little darker than I expected, but even on screen they're dark and moody looking and not MOO's fault they printed darker. I'm still happy to hand them out, I just plan on lightening a few when I'm ready to order my next batch.

I'm 100% satisfied like Hylander! These cards are awesome and have recieved nothing but praise from everyone I've given them to so far! Great work MOO! And thank to you and SmugMug for the free cards! thumb.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2010
    I tried this morning to create some cards. The site allows me to login to my smugmug account (lwc.smugmug.com) and it correctly displays my gallery names, but no images. No matter which gallery I select it doesn't show any pictures. In Chrome it gives the icons for broken images. In Firefox it appears to load blank white images.

The galleries I'm trying to see are not password protected or private.

Help?
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2010
    Pupator wrote: »
    I tried this morning to create some cards. The site allows me to login to my smugmug account (lwc.smugmug.com) and it correctly displays my gallery names, but no images. No matter which gallery I select it doesn't show any pictures. In Chrome it gives the icons for broken images. In Firefox it appears to load blank white images.

Help?

Hi there-

Are you galleries hidden? If that's the case, the integration does not work with hidden photos.

Otherwise, try these steps and hopefully it will work. First you will need to revoke MOO's access to your account. To do this:

• Click on the settings tab
    • Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the 'revoke' link beside moo.com
    • QUIT your browser (this is very important as it will reset your session token and is a crucial step in the process :)
    Once you've done that you should follow the link to MOO http://www.moo.com/smugmug to make your cards. You'll be asked once again to grant MOO access to your photos. This should correct any issues that you previously experienced.

Hopefully this will fix the problem and will work smoothly for you.

If not, please do let us know and we'll figure out another solution.

Thanks for your patience!

Rebeka from the MOO Crew
  • Options
    josh99tajosh99ta Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2010
    A big thanks to Moo on this one. The order/design process was very simplistic and I can't wait to see the cards when they come in. 50 cards for $6.00. Can't beat that (not like Moo's regular prices aren't awesome too). Looking forward to doing business with you guys again soon. :)
  • Options
    iamagooiamagoo Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2010
    [QUOTEOriginally Posted by Pupator

[/QUOTE]

I'm having the same problem on Safari. Tried the solutions to no avail. Help?
  • Options
    dvaughndvaughn Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2010
    Moo business cards not working.
    I have tried to order before so I revoked permission, cleared cookies, started over this morning and I get a few images to show up, but mostly get captions for the ones that have captions. I also seem to be getting a white image for some. Galleries are public. I would like to try this service out, but so far I haven't had any luck. ne_nau.gif
    Never dwell on the past or dread the future, live life in the present, it's better that way.
  • Options
    iamagooiamagoo Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2010
    Okay, I figured out the problem. Some albums were loading the pics and some not. All were unhidden so by comparing my settings I discovered that the Allow External Links feature must be on for my pics to load in MOO!
  • Options
    edited July 1, 2010
    iamagoo: I'm glad it's working for you :) And yes, that's correct. Allowing external links must be enabled for MOO to import your images.

dvaughn: Can you try allowing external links (as mentioned by iamagoo)? If that doesn't work let us know, and we'll find another fix for the problem!

Rebeka from the MOO Crew
  • Options
    dvaughndvaughn Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2010
    Got it!
    MOOHQ wrote: »
    iamagoo: I'm glad it's working for you :) And yes, that's correct. Allowing external links must be enabled for MOO to import your images.

dvaughn: Can you try allowing external links (as mentioned by iamagoo)? If that doesn't work let us know, and we'll find another fix for the problem!

Rebeka from the MOO Crew

One of my problems was the external links. The other problem seems to be that the one of the albums I was trying to use is a smart album and the "collected" images would not show up. The only ones that show up were the images that had been up loaded into the album. None of the virtual copies or collected images were there. I probably missed that somewhere in the info. But I went through the rest of the process and the order is complete and the discount was applied. Now I wait.........clap.gif
    Never dwell on the past or dread the future, live life in the present, it's better that way.
  • Options
    edited July 1, 2010
    dvaughn wrote: »
    One of my problems was the external links. The other problem seems to be that the one of the albums I was trying to use is a smart album and the "collected" images would not show up. The only ones that show up were the images that had been up loaded into the album. None of the virtual copies or collected images were there. I probably missed that somewhere in the info. But I went through the rest of the process and the order is complete and the discount was applied. Now I wait.........clap.gif

Great news :) I'm happy it worked in the end and thanks for sticking with it!

Rebeka from the MOO Crew
  • Options
    Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2010
    OK, I'm doing something really dumb, I can't find Authorized Applications in the setting tab of the control panel. Everything else is there from site wide settings to api keys, but no authorized applications.headscratch.gif

Pointers please, TIA

Andy wrote: »
    simply go to your control panel in SmugMug, settings tab, and edit the authorization for the Moo app, from 'Public' to 'Full' and then try again on Moo.

20100619-epbn6snie2p4c2r3rmtahbs5u6.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2010
    Dan7312 wrote: »
    OK, I'm doing something really dumb, I can't find Authorized Applications in the setting tab of the control panel. Everything else is there from site wide settings to api keys, but no authorized applications.headscratch.gif

Pointers please, TIA

Once you authorize Moo it'll appear here:
    http://www.danalphotos.com/homepage/controlpanel.mg?NickName=photoes#Settings
  • Options
    Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2010
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited July 2, 2010
    Hey Moo!

Thanks for the integration and for the free 50. I've ordered a set, and I wanted to give you some feedback on your user interface.

Honestly, if the interface remains as is I will go back to using your non-integrated-with-smug interface. I have two issues with the current interface:
    1. The list of albums is a raw list of albums. It does not include the category or subcategory, and it lists the albums in what appears to be a random order. Ideally the list should be presented by allowing me to select the category then the optional subcategory, then the gallery. If you can't do this, at least include the category and subcategory names along with the gallery name. Gallery names do not need to be unique so your current method of picking the gallery is simply unusable. Add the non-alphabetic random sorting, and I found it very difficult to find the galleries I needed.
    2. I do not use square thumbs in smug. I understand that you only present square thumbs. Problem is, it looks like my non-square thumbs were picked up and distorted to fit in your square box. That made it very difficult to pick the images. A part of my problem also may be related to your use of very small thumbs. I'm guessing that the thumb size you are exposing is 100x100. Changing to 150x150 would help.
    --- Denise
  • Options
    nrshapironrshapiro Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited July 2, 2010
    Not Working
    I go to Moo, which I've confirmed has full access.

I see thumbnails of my photos, but it's showing me ALL thumbs and I have a lot of photos, so I change to "My Albums" and pick one. Now for many of my galleries, and oddly enough most of what I'd want on a card, I see only Blank empty thumbnails, so I can't pick photos.

I'm using google Chrome, but I doubt it's a compatibility issue, because I see thumbs when I have all photos showing, rather than one album.

mooproblem.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2010
    nrshapiro wrote: »
    I go to Moo, which I've confirmed has full access.

I see thumbnails of my photos, but it's showing me ALL thumbs and I have a lot of photos, so I change to "My Albums" and pick one. Now for many of my galleries, and oddly enough most of what I'd want on a card, I see only Blank empty thumbnails, so I can't pick photos.

I'm using google Chrome, but I doubt it's a compatibility issue, because I see thumbs when I have all photos showing, rather than one album.

mooproblem.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hello-

Just to confirm, are any of the photos/albums 'hidden'? Our integration does not currently support any hidden content. Also, the 'Allow External Links' feature must be on for your photos to load in MOO.

Please let us know if you're still having problems. Thanks for sticking with it!

Rebeka from the MOO Crew
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2010
    Hey Moo!

Thanks for the integration and for the free 50. I've ordered a set, and I wanted to give you some feedback on your user interface.

Honestly, if the interface remains as is I will go back to using your non-integrated-with-smug interface. I have two issues with the current interface:
    1. The list of albums is a raw list of albums. It does not include the category or subcategory, and it lists the albums in what appears to be a random order. Ideally the list should be presented by allowing me to select the category then the optional subcategory, then the gallery. If you can't do this, at least include the category and subcategory names along with the gallery name. Gallery names do not need to be unique so your current method of picking the gallery is simply unusable. Add the non-alphabetic random sorting, and I found it very difficult to find the galleries I needed.
    2. I do not use square thumbs in smug. I understand that you only present square thumbs. Problem is, it looks like my non-square thumbs were picked up and distorted to fit in your square box. That made it very difficult to pick the images. A part of my problem also may be related to your use of very small thumbs. I'm guessing that the thumb size you are exposing is 100x100. Changing to 150x150 would help.
    --- Denise

Hi Denise-

You bring up excellent points, thanks for the feedback. I will pass on to the product team, as we're always looking for ways to make MOO and our integrations better.

Hope you enjoy your free cards AND the long weekend :)

Rebeka from the MOO Crew
  • Options
    ed.mullnered.mullner Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited July 2, 2010
    Free Moo Mini Cards
    Okay, so two days ago this popped up and I got really excited.

This afternoon, I spent an hour an half of editing a selected 25 images down to 14 x 16.5 300 DPCI to make these mini cards. Went to find them in "choose your images" and went to the gallery mini cards.

Little squares pop up and then disappear and can't see anything. I remembered seeing somewhere the file sizes for the mini cards, so I re-edited them down to 11 x 16.5 72 DPCI, still I could not get the images to load up.

Finally I went all the way out and started in (like smug mug didn't bring me in) and found the specific file sizes, 874 pixils by 378 pixils at 300 DPCI and cropped, all my images down specifically how I want to print them. Uploaded again to smugmug (after deleting all other photos from the gallery) and re-entered moo.com to get to work.

Still my images don't show up.

It is a public gallery, I have giving Moo full access to my photos. What other trouble shooting can I do to or am I just being impatient and not letting my gallery be uploaded long enough to get it on Moo?

Link to the images anyways: http://www.fotofrenzyimaging.com/Artistic/Mini-Cards/12780321_CfQFo#921196765_B2ar5
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2010
    ed.mullner wrote: »
    Okay, s

Try now?