The Moo Business Cards Thread

Comments

• Options
    ed.mullnered.mullner Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited July 2, 2010
    Yip Yip Haray
    Andy wrote: »
    Try now?

It worked. But to give feed back, like I said I did edit specifically for the images and what I wanted in it (I ordered anyways, because it finally worked and these are trial mini-cards) according the the information found on the mini-cards art info:

874 x 378 by 300 DPCI

When doing it this way, crop a little larger then desired. I noticed on several of my images (especially these:minicard004, minicard005, minicard009, minicard010, minicard017, minicard022, minicard025) that the edges where closer then what I had expected.
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited July 2, 2010
    ok...today when I went to my site I got an announcement pop up page stating that as a pro user I can go to moo and get some free buisness cards. So I went to the Moo link they gave and red the info then clicked decided to do this. I got signed in and access to my images looked fine. I was humming along going through albums for 45 minutes and had about 40 images picked out (going for 50) when I dropped number 41 into the box all the sudden my screen goes white and there is only the picture I draged in. No albums or tool bar or anything. Not sure what to do next I hit the back button and was back to the original page with my galleries. But none of the images I had so painstakingly picked were there!

In other words I wasted 45 minutes. Frustrated I closed everything and went back to work thinking I could get back to doing it again. Now when I go to my site I no longer see the announcement for the Moo site. How do I get back to it? Do I still qualify for the free set?

When I click on the link at the top of this thread (that Andy posted) it takes me to a pop up security window that wants my password and email. It is an unfamilur pop up window and not like the one I signed on for Moo to access the one from before. My security says that the window is unsecured...which means its not encrypted. So if someone could resend that invite to me or point me in the right direction I would appretiate it.

Also if anyone knows what I might have done wrong when loading the images that everything would disappear like that, please let me know so I don't waste more time.

Thank you.

EDIT: ok I found the link through my tools under applications permissions. However how will I get the discount when ordering. I have not seen any discount code or anything.
  • Options
    itsaduckitsaduck Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2010
    just ordered mine!
    Super easy! Thanks SM. Can't wait to get them.
  • Options
    TheDeepTheDeep Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2010
    I am a smugmug pro and tried to place order for the 50 free moo businesscards. I get as far as designing the cards and placing the order in shopping cart. But when I try to check out (or click on the shopping cart) I either get a blank screen or a "website cannot be displayed" http 500 error message. Tried different browsers and no luck. Anyone have any ideas what I could try?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2010
    JAG wrote: »
    EDIT: ok I found the link through my tools under applications permissions. However how will I get the discount when ordering. I have not seen any discount code or anything.

You should see the offer at the end, in the shopping cart - should only charge you for shipping.
  • Options
    edited July 3, 2010
    I found some info on HTTP 500 errors:

"Fixing 500 errors - general
    This error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem. It is up to the operators of the Web server site to locate and analyse the logs which should give further information about the error. "

I guess it means I just have to wait for MOO to fix the problem. Oh well. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this or am I the only one in the world who is having problems with this?
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2010
    How long do you need to keep your external links turned on in the gallery settings after placing your order with MOO?

• Options
    mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2010
    I've given Moo a try!! Thanks!

922582202_gMh3W-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2010
    Dogdots wrote: »
    How long do you need to keep your external links turned on in the gallery settings after placing your order with MOO?

I'd wait until you get your shipment email.
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2010
    TheDeep wrote: »
    I am a smugmug pro and tried to place order for the 50 free moo businesscards. I get as far as designing the cards and placing the order in shopping cart. But when I try to check out (or click on the shopping cart) I either get a blank screen or a "website cannot be displayed" http 500 error message. Tried different browsers and no luck. Anyone have any ideas what I could try?

Please write Moo directly, thanks. https://secure.moo.com/en/service/
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2010
    I'd wait until you get your shipment email.

Thanks Andy...that's what I was thinking, but wanted to check for sure.

Many Thank-you's Smug and Moo thumb.gif
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited July 5, 2010
    You should see the offer at the end, in the shopping cart - should only charge you for shipping.

thanks Andy. I finally got the order in last night and it worked great. Although they charge a little more for shipping to Alaska. Last time I checked we were still part of the union!!mwink.gif
  • Options
    MOOHQMOOHQ Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited July 5, 2010
    Thanks for the UI feedback
    Hey Moo!

Thanks for the integration and for the free 50. I've ordered a set, and I wanted to give you some feedback on your user interface.

Honestly, if the interface remains as is I will go back to using your non-integrated-with-smug interface. I have two issues with the current interface:
    1. The list of albums is a raw list of albums. It does not include the category or subcategory, and it lists the albums in what appears to be a random order. Ideally the list should be presented by allowing me to select the category then the optional subcategory, then the gallery. If you can't do this, at least include the category and subcategory names along with the gallery name. Gallery names do not need to be unique so your current method of picking the gallery is simply unusable. Add the non-alphabetic random sorting, and I found it very difficult to find the galleries I needed.
    2. I do not use square thumbs in smug. I understand that you only present square thumbs. Problem is, it looks like my non-square thumbs were picked up and distorted to fit in your square box. That made it very difficult to pick the images. A part of my problem also may be related to your use of very small thumbs. I'm guessing that the thumb size you are exposing is 100x100. Changing to 150x150 would help.
    --- Denise

Thanks Denise. This is very good feedback. We are currently redesigning the MOO site and part of it will include our partner integrations. I'll forward this feedback to the team.

Cheers
    Lisa from MOO
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2010
    JAG wrote: »
    thanks Andy. I finally got the order in last night and it worked great. Although they charge a little more for shipping to Alaska. Last time I checked we were still part of the union!!mwink.gif

Hi Jag.

We only have one price for all US shipping including Alaska. You may have chosen expedited shipping which is more than $6 OR if you put more in the shopping cart, shipping adjusts based on weight. Hope that helps. If this is not the case, please contact our customer service.

Lisa from MOO
  • Options
    ScoWillScoWill Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited July 5, 2010
    Help!
    I can't get the MOO thing to work. When I try to drag and drop a photo into the box, nothing appears. In fact, in the photo strip above the drag and drop box, there are no images appearing...just my written descriptions of each image. The liitle box will say one picture added, but it isn't the case...I've been playing with this for several days now. I've contacted MOO, didn't really get any kind of satisfactory help there, so I'm trying from the SM end.
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2010
    ScoWill wrote: »
    I can't get the MOO thing to work. When I try to drag and drop a photo into the box, nothing appears. In fact, in the photo strip above the drag and drop box, there are no images appearing...just my written descriptions of each image. The liitle box will say one picture added, but it isn't the case...I've been playing with this for several days now. I've contacted MOO, didn't really get any kind of satisfactory help there, so I'm trying from the SM end.
    Do your galleries have external links turned on? ear.gif
  • Options
    ScoWillScoWill Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited July 5, 2010
    Do your galleries have external links turned on? ear.gif

OK! All is well...now, let me ask you, do I need to keep the external links thing turned on to actually SELL any of my images? I have a PRO account...
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited July 5, 2010
    ScoWill wrote: »
    OK! All is well...now, let me ask you, do I need to keep the external links thing turned on to actually SELL any of my images? I have a PRO account...
    Already answered here. Please do not ask the same question in two different places.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2010
    I'm sad it look like Im not getting any cards. Moo just says "try again". I have tried again. I have created the card from scratch over again from different computers, with different browsers, from different networks. Yet, anytime I put the card in the shopping cart I only get an empty screen. Too bad I got so excited about this, I am going off for my first international exhibit next week and it would have been way cool to have business cards that looks like mini prints of the art I am exhibiting. Really bummed :(
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2010
    I'm sad it look like Im not getting any cards. Moo just says "try again". I have tried again. I have created the card from scratch over again from different computers, with different browsers, from different networks. Yet, anytime I put the card in the shopping cart I only get an empty screen. Too bad I got so excited about this, I am going off for my first international exhibit next week and it would have been way cool to have business cards that looks like mini prints of the art I am exhibiting. Really bummed :(

I promise you that Moo will help https://secure.moo.com/en/service/ thanks.
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2010
    I am trying to order some cads, but images from public galleries do not show up on MOO's site. It connects to my smug account, but no thumbnails show, so I can not add anything! Any ideas? headscratch.gif

natasha

gallery.natashajapp.com
    NAtasha chanses are that you either are trying to add images from a gallery that does not allow to be linked to (different that public) turned on or it that contains "smart" images. I had that problem and it went away when I turned on the feature that allows linking to the images.

However, I am still not able to order because I can't check out, I just get a HTTP 500 server internal error message. I have sent several messages to moo and replied to their one email they sent me (which contained the a"try again" advice). I haven't heard back from them. I wish Andy was right on that they will help me, but sofar I am not feeling the moo-love.
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2010
    NAtasha chanses are that you either are trying to add images from a gallery that does not allow to be linked to (different that public) turned on or it that contains "smart" images. I had that problem and it went away when I turned on the feature that allows linking to the images.

However, I am still not able to order because I can't check out, I just get a HTTP 500 server internal error message. I have sent several messages to moo and replied to their one email they sent me (which contained the a"try again" advice). I haven't heard back from them. I wish Andy was right on that they will help me, but sofar I am not feeling the moo-love.

Hi there-

I've notified CS about your inquiry and will bump your name up in the queue. You should be hearing from them shortly.

Thanks for your patience.

Rebeka from the MOO Crew
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2010
    MOOHQ wrote: »
    Hi there-

I've notified CS about your inquiry and will bump your name up in the queue. You should be hearing from them shortly.

Thanks for your patience.

Rebeka from the MOO Crew

Thanks you Rebeka! I got an emaill recommending to try the European store. And it worked!wings.gif I am very happy now and definitively feeling the MOO love! iloveyou.gifThank you again! :ivar
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2010
    Thanks you Rebeka! I got an emaill recommending to try the European store. And it worked!wings.gif I am very happy now and definitively feeling the MOO love! iloveyou.gifThank you again! :ivar

I'm glad it worked :) And be sure to let us know how your cards turn out!

Rebeka from the MOO Crew
  • Options
    darinbdarinb Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited July 8, 2010
    O.K., I'm going to order cards with 50 different images. Before I take the plunge I have a question--I want to crop each one myself rather than leaving it at the default. I see that I can do that via your web interface. It also occurs to me that I could do it on my end and upload the results to a new SmugMug gallery (ease of changing the set or maintaining multiple sets).

If I do it via your interface will the custom crops be saved if I want to re-order down the road--or will I have to do it all over again?

If I decide to cop on my end how should I do that? Dimensions (with margin of error) and resolution?

Thanks,

--Darin
  • Options
    edited July 8, 2010
    darinb wrote: »
    O.K., I'm going to order cards with 50 different images. Before I take the plunge I have a question--I want to crop each one myself rather than leaving it at the default. I see that I can do that via your web interface. It also occurs to me that I could do it on my end and upload the results to a new SmugMug gallery (ease of changing the set or maintaining multiple sets).

If I do it via your interface will the custom crops be saved if I want to re-order down the road--or will I have to do it all over again?

If I decide to cop on my end how should I do that? Dimensions (with margin of error) and resolution?

Thanks,

--Darin

Hi Darin-

Unfortunately if you use our web interface to crop the images, the cropping will not be saved when you reorder. The images will be saved, but they will return to the default cropping and they will need to be cropped again. I apologize if this causes any inconvenience.

If you crop the images yourself, here are our format guides: http://www.moo.com/help/help.php?page=format-guide

Hope this helps!
    Rebeka from the MOO Crew
  • Options
    PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2010
    I just received my 50 free cards in the mail and they look awesome and the paper used is extremely heavy weight and feels more like a credit card rather than a business card.
    Does anybody use the mini cards? if so, why do you prefer them over the standard size cards?clap.gif
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • Options
    cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2010
    I also received my 50 free cards in the mail today and am thrilled with them. I had no problems at all with the ordering process or downloading the pictures from my Smugmug account. I was surprised (& pleased) at how heavy the paper is.

Stephanie
  • Options
    Craig RidleyCraig Ridley Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2010
    I have tried both with FF and IE but I am not seeing my images show up at the first step of the process within the MOO site. It lists the image titles but that is not very helpful as I need to see the actual images to select.

Any ideas?
    My Site: http://www.craigridley.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/craigridleyoutdoorphotography

Want to save $5 on a smugmug account? Use this coupon code: WzG2eZLQPGrqI
  • Options
    Craig RidleyCraig Ridley Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2010
    I have tried both with FF and IE but I am not seeing my images show up at the first step of the process within the MOO site. It lists the image titles but that is not very helpful as I need to see the actual images to select.

Any ideas?

Any ideas on this one - I am stuck and would hate to miss out on a great offer of free business cards!
    My Site: http://www.craigridley.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/craigridleyoutdoorphotography

Want to save $5 on a smugmug account? Use this coupon code: WzG2eZLQPGrqI