Options

The SmugMug and Lightroom 3 Publish Services Thread

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options
    chipjchipj Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2012
    chipj wrote: »
    That's certainly good to know. I would think that any display version - even the original - would be watermarked if I selected the watermark option. It's these little caveats that make me so nervous about the watermarking options. This is a prime example of why I want the original to have an embedded watermark.., so that I can protect my images against any loopholes like this one.
    An update... I've found that IF the watermark option is enabled in the Publish Service (for the SmugMug Plugin) it will apply a watermark to all images, regardless of the gallery level setting. In fact, if watermarking is enabled in the Publish Service AND the Gallery, watermarking is applied twice. In essence, the Plug-in settings are NOT necessarily in sync with the online SmugMug settings.

The only way to set the watermark option at a gallery level is to disable watermarking at the Publish Service level, and then set it to whatever is preferred at the gallery level. Just an FYI...
  • Options
    KiHoPhotoKiHoPhoto Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited October 5, 2012
    I have just upgraded my Smugmug plugin on my LR3. It seems that any updates i do to images are not being transfered to my smugmug site. My version is 1.0.5.3. I made several adjustment, like remove photos and that seems to work. But the crop, color correction etc. don't seem to be updating on the site.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue. If you have a fix or if I am doing something wrong. Help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2012
    chipj wrote: »
    That's certainly good to know. I would think that any display version - even the original - would be watermarked if I selected the watermark option. It's these little caveats that make me so nervous about the watermarking options. This is a prime example of why I want the original to have an embedded watermark.., so that I can protect my images against any loopholes like this one.

The SmugMug watermark tool is an overlay over your jpeg. We do not watermark originals because that is the file that we make prints from. The watermark should be obtrusive enough to prevent theft, but of course you wouldn't want that on a print. If you want the prints to have your copyright then the print mark tool is available.

Whether you are adding a Lightroom generated (tiny and easily cropped off) watermark or not, you should still disable access to your original to prevent it from being screen shot saved by a viewer - there is nothing to stop screenshot saving. Limiting the number of pixels by limiting viewing sizes, and using the SmugMug watermark tool, are your best protection against image theft.
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2012
    Can you write the heroes with links to the specific galleries please? I see you've used both the SmugMug publish service and the Jfreidl plugin in the last two days. We'd need to know more about which images you were trying to have republished - e.g. are they copies, or the originals.

Also, we have a new Lightroom Publish help page that might give you some clues too.
    KiHoPhoto wrote: »
    I have just upgraded my Smugmug plugin on my LR3. It seems that any updates i do to images are not being transfered to my smugmug site. My version is 1.0.5.3. I made several adjustment, like remove photos and that seems to work. But the crop, color correction etc. don't seem to be updating on the site.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue. If you have a fix or if I am doing something wrong. Help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
  • Options
    KiHoPhotoKiHoPhoto Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited October 5, 2012
    Ann McRae wrote: »
    Can you write the heroes with links to the specific galleries please? I see you've used both the SmugMug publish service and the Jfreidl plugin in the last two days. We'd need to know more about which images you were trying to have republished - e.g. are they copies, or the originals.

Also, we have a new Lightroom Publish help page that might give you some clues too.

You are right I have been all over the map. But I mainly have been using the Official SmugMug Plugin. I have been adjusting the Originals and Copies.

This is the main gallery i have been working on... http://thepixelhoarder.smugmug.com/Photography/Surfing/09-30-12-Surf-Riviera-Beach/25666080_d3Bbqq#!i=2119949764&k=PvJ2Bgd
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2012
    KiHoPhoto wrote: »
    You are right I have been all over the map. But I mainly have been using the Official SmugMug Plugin. I have been adjusting the Originals and Copies.

This is the main gallery i have been working on... http://thepixelhoarder.smugmug.com/Photography/Surfing/09-30-12-Surf-Riviera-Beach/25666080_d3Bbqq#!i=2119949764&k=PvJ2Bgd
    Please contact us at the HelpDesk with your details as we'll have to look at that more closely. Thanks.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    JagminderJagminder Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited October 31, 2012
    I have updated to latest smugmug plugin for Lightroom 3.6 and since then i have not been able to publish any photos. It says in Lightroom that "Updating published Collection" and shows the moving bar as well but does not upload the photos to the gallery.

Can someone please assist.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2012
    Jagminder wrote: »
    I have updated to latest smugmug plugin for Lightroom 3.6 and since then i have not been able to publish any photos. It says in Lightroom that "Updating published Collection" and shows the moving bar as well but does not upload the photos to the gallery.

Can someone please assist.
    Did you try to close Lightroom and then try again after restarting it?

If you still have an issue, please write the HelpDesk with a link to your site so we can troubleshoot.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    RubadubdubRubadubdub Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited November 15, 2012
    Smugmug --> Lightroom4
    devbobo wrote: »
    ...We may also provide an option that allows photos on SmugMug and not in the local LR catalog to be downloaded....

Cheers, David

Just started syncing btw. LR4 and SmugMug. The integration of the galleries inside LR4 is flawless. However, preexisting comments, PicMonkey edits, and other changes made in SmugMug don't appear to sync over to LR4.

Without the ability to download edits or missing photos into LR4, the value of SmugMug's web-interface is diminished.

I hope you can include this feature to strengthen your awesome integration.
  • Options
    HershyHershy Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited April 25, 2013
    LR Plug-in for Smugmug
    I just installed the new Smugmug export module for LR 4 and am able to export to my Gallery at Smugmug. It's also able to sync with the gallery without a problem. MY problem is settings for export:

It's duplicating my caption and also the Mapping is not working. Maybe I have not set up my settings properly and therein lies my problem. I am not clear about the settings! Am attaching a jpg of the settings box and will GREATLY appreciate guidance in understanding / setting it up.

This is my gallery: http://hershy.smugmug.com/Other/Gallery/29087163_KFXzZW#!i=2475879212&k=zsS3tKr

Hershy / Harsh
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 25, 2013
    G'day Hershy,

Firstly for the caption thing, try either of these options...13%2011:51%20AM.jpg

For the mapping, look under the metadata section and make sure 'Remove Location Information' is unchecked...I think it's checked by default.

Cheers,

David
    Hershy wrote: »
    I just installed the new Smugmug export module for LR 4 and am able to export to my Gallery at Smugmug. It's also able to sync with the gallery without a problem. MY problem is settings for export:

It's duplicating my caption and also the Mapping is not working. Maybe I have not set up my settings properly and therein lies my problem. I am not clear about the settings! Am attaching a jpg of the settings box and will GREATLY appreciate guidance in understanding / setting it up.

This is my gallery: http://hershy.smugmug.com/Other/Gallery/29087163_KFXzZW#!i=2475879212&k=zsS3tKr

Hershy / Harsh
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos