a call to reflect

Comments

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2005
    Pineapple Juice
    Hey Harry think we should cross that line??
    Don't know Jeff, could be a bobby trap set by that pineapple pizza eating Ben guy !!
    rolleyes1.gifblbl.gif

38941661-L.jpg
    edited October 6, 2005
    Does Rock Reflection count
    + you all know how much Harry loves them NH's rolleyes1.gif :hide
    Yeah Yeah I know you got ONE!! :wow

36570764-L.jpg
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2005
    bfjr wrote:
    + you all know how much Harry loves them NH's rolleyes1.gif :hide
    Yeah Yeah I know you got ONE!! :wow
    Nice rock reflection. Shame you couldn't get the NH reflection for bonus points. rolleyes1.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
    edited October 6, 2005
    Groovy man and thanks Harry. I appreciate the comment. It was a very strange day for lighting...and just in general. I've never seen our beach so empty. No people..no birds...and a T-storm rolling in from the East coast...very sureal. It was not the best lighting for the "usual" shots..but did offer up an interesting look at the bird. He was backlighted..and wasn't really sure how much to underexpose the dark brown bird. Sort of have my egrets dialed in now..but this is the first waiding bird (sandpiper?) that I've captured.

Here are a couple more........ just for the birders here. :uhoh thumb.gif

Cheers

MM
    I love those shots. Its easy to do a capture in good light but to get these results in adverse conditions requires some serious skills. thumb.gif
    Harry
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2005
    Thanks Harry. Flattery will get you a long way...but I'm not switchinng back over to Nikon...and I'm not taking back what I said about the "popularity contest". umph.gif :uhoh I will make sure there is lots of cold Corona and pineapple FREE pizza on the boat if you ever do get over this way. 1drink.gifthumb.gif

MM
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
    edited October 6, 2005
    Thanks Harry. Flattery will get you a long way...but I'm not switchinng back over to Nikon...and I'm not taking back what I said about the "popularity contest". umph.gifuhoh2.gif I will make sure there is lots of cold Corona and pineapple FREE pizza on the boat if you ever do get over this way. 1drink.gifthumb.gif

MM
    What makes you think that us Nikonians would have you? We only want pro-blue folks. icon10.gif As for the "popularity contest" crack, don't take it back. We don't want to harm your macho rep. lol3.gif

The cold Corona and pizza sans the pineapple sounds good though. DukeGirl.gif
    Harry
    edited October 6, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    Nice rock reflection. Shame you couldn't get the NH reflection for bonus points. rolleyes1.gif

Well we might be able to arrange that rolleyes1.gifmwink.gif
    edited October 6, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    What makes you think that us Nikonians would have you? We only want pro-blue folks. icon10.gif As for the "popularity contest" crack, don't take it back. We don't want to harm your macho rep. lol3.gif

The cold Corona and pizza sans the pineapple sounds good though. DukeGirl.gif

You guys don't know what your missing thumb.gif
    Pineapple on pizza is an acquired taste I guess :lol4
  • Trish323Trish323 Registered Users Posts: 908 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2005
    Yikes!
    I shot this I think last week. It is one of those shots that I had to keep going back too. I was going to trash it...then decided I would share it. I was caught off guard by these fighting kingfishers. I am amazed it came out at all.
    Not a picture perfect shot...but more a wow...my trigger finger was right on...:D
    38979802-L.jpg
    edited October 6, 2005
    Well a pic of two kingfishers!!!!! Just keep rubbing it in. Maybe I could cut my finger and you could come by and rub salt in the wound. xxbah.gif
    Harry
  • jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,009 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2005
    thats what i call a great capture ,i wished we nailed every shot but then our name would be ron reznick ,and even he misses now and then ,great shot we all know how hard they are to get .the other day i was within 20 feet twice and did not get one shot .any kingfisher shot is a good shot :Dthumb.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
    edited October 7, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    Well a pic of two kingfishers!!!!! Just keep rubbing it in. Maybe I could cut my finger and you could come by and rub salt in the wound. xxbah.gif
    nahhh the only thing i rub salt on is the rim of my margarita glass. This was shot at the click ponds...I think 100% crop. The came out of nowhere and I struggled like hel* to get my camera out the window:D I never expected to see them there because there are no trees...but the little boogers were hiding n the grasses I guess..Keep trying...with that stinkin' 500mm you should be able to get 'em from yur' hot tub!
    edited October 7, 2005
    jwear wrote:
    thats what i call a great capture ,i wished we nailed every shot but then our name would be ron reznick ,and even he misses now and then ,great shot we all know how hard they are to get .the other day i was within 20 feet twice and did not get one shot .any kingfisher shot is a good shot :Dthumb.gif
    Thanks! I'll keep it on file till I get a great shot:D
    edited October 7, 2005
    Ohhhh Trish were not worthy :lol4
    Poor Harry he can't even get one let alone two, forget the salt, givem a pineapple pizza rolleyes1.gifblbl.gif
    edited October 7, 2005
    As promised
    Heres your NH Reflection

38995192-L.jpg
    edited October 7, 2005
    Nice shot. You are becoming a real pain I hope you know. :smack
    Harry
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2005
    I use dialup so alot of comprasion hmm my w1 awais16.jpg

awais15.jpg

awais110.jpg
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    Nice shot. You are becoming a real pain I hope you know. :smack

Yeah, I have been thinking the same thing..................

And you started, Harry, if one of you isn't better after a shoot the other one is.

no reason for some of us to shoot anymore, whine, whine, whine, as nauseum....

However, you know this guy with 4Labs, he used this great technique with an

annoying cell phone.

So, you all have done so much else, hehe, I hate to suggest this, it pains me,

but in the interest of ME, uh, could you guys, uh, run over all Nikon equipment.

We can all carry Point and shoots, same brand, make size features, or DSLRs, same deal, but not what we are used to something different, like the camera Andy just sold. So then we would all be on the same level. Not the equipment, just the photographer and the shootoff to beat all............

now that is a challenge, clap.gif :beatwax :duel blbl.gif :bash :rambo :flash :D
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
    edited October 7, 2005
    I use dialup so alot of comprasion hmm my w1
    Hey Awais,

Thanks for your fine contribution here. These are our first Pakistani reflections. :D
    Harry
    edited October 8, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Yeah, I have been thinking the same thing..................

And you started, Harry, if one of you isn't better after a shoot the other one is.

no reason for some of us to shoot anymore, whine, whine, whine, as nauseum....

However, you know this guy with 4Labs, he used this great technique with an

annoying cell phone.

So, you all have done so much else, hehe, I hate to suggest this, it pains me,

but in the interest of ME, uh, could you guys, uh, run over all Nikon equipment.

We can all carry Point and shoots, same brand, make size features, or DSLRs, same deal, but not what we are used to something different, like the camera Andy just sold. So then we would all be on the same level. Not the equipment, just the photographer and the shootoff to beat all............

now that is a challenge, clap.gifboxe.gifduel.gifblbl.gifbaldy.gif2ar15smilie.gif9496500-Ti.gificon10.gif
    Ginger,

Its never about the equipment. Heck we all know that our poor ole Nikons can't compete with all these shiny new Canons. bs.gif

biggrinbounce2.gif

peepwall.gif
    Harry
    edited October 8, 2005
    We can all carry Point and shoots

Well that's what I do.......... I Point I shoot ne_nau.gif
    edited October 8, 2005
    As long as I'm Point and shootin
    and doing the Comorant thing here one more :D

39147056-L.jpg
    edited October 8, 2005
    Cool shot Ben. So let me get this straight now. You just pointed and shot? :D
    Harry
    edited October 9, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    Cool shot Ben. So let me get this straight now. You just pointed and shot? :D

well yeah
    except for:
    chk histogram, chk highlights
    adjust EV
    set ISO to keep shutter up
    lock focus on subject follow watch the light
    come home find a good one (I hope)
    open in NC
    chk WB
    neutralize shadows/gamma
    transfer in Tiff to PSC2
    crop
    contrast enhancement
    convert SRGB in jpeg
    upload to here
    yeah that's about it probably missed a few steps
    Oh yeah pray pray pray lol3.gif
    yep just point and shoot :lol4
    edited October 9, 2005
    bfjr wrote:
    well yeah
    except for:
    chk histogram, chk highlights
    adjust EV
    set ISO to keep shutter up
    lock focus on subject follow watch the light
    come home find a good one (I hope)
    open in NC
    chk WB
    neutralize shadows/gamma
    transfer in Tiff to PSC2
    crop
    contrast enhancement
    convert SRGB in jpeg
    upload to here
    yeah that's about it probably missed a few steps
    Oh yeah pray pray pray lol3.gif
    yep just point and shoot :lol4
    I just push the button . With all that money I saved buying a Canon...I pay someone else to do all that boring stuff. thumb.gif See...you should have bought a Canon. rolleyes1.gif
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
    edited October 9, 2005
    I just push the button . With all that money I saved buying a Canon...I pay someone else to do all that boring stuff. thumb.gif See...you should have bought a Canon. rolleyes1.gif

Sorry bud, when I buy a Ferrari I usually like driving it myself :D
    edited October 9, 2005
    bfjr wrote:
    Sorry bud, when I buy a Ferrari I usually like driving it myself :D
    Exactly my point. I take the pictures (drive the car)...but don't mess with the PP (change the oil) rolleyes1.gif You know I'm kidding..DOH!!! I'm still figuring out this PP stuff. It's not like the darkroom. eek7.gif :uhoh thumb.gif
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
    edited October 9, 2005
    Exactly my point. I take the pictures (drive the car)...but don't mess with the PP (change the oil) yelrotflmao.gif You know I'm kidding..DOH!!! I'm still figuring out this PP stuff. It's not like the darkroom. eek7.gifuhoh2.gifthumb.gif
    Ben and Mike you guys are gabbing too much lets get back to the pics.
    17011821-L.jpg

17011826-L.jpg

17012119-L.jpg
    Harry
    edited October 10, 2005
    Double Duty Egret. BIF & reflection. :D

50527943.jpg
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
    edited October 10, 2005
    Another double trouble egret from today. eek7.gif

50538979.jpg
    Mike McCarthy