Options

Never Ending Games Challenge Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited April 14, 2016
    Earache wrote: »
    OMG Denise!
    You got to see this in-person... this close??? I'm so jealous!
    Is this in Hawaii?
    Yes, it was on the Big Island. I found an organization that did (small group) tours on the big island - http://www.arnottslodge.com/adventure-tours/. I just checked and they no longer offer the tour that I did (way back in 2003!) but there is a night walk to the edge of Halema'uma'u Crater. I don't usually do group tours but I really wanted to walk back to the active lava and it didn't feel like a good idea to head out on my own across uncharted black rocks.

--- Denise
  • Options
    pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,777 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2016
    shaped like arches, Chateau de Beauregard, Celettes (Loire Valley), France

20130829_917_DMC-G1-XL.jpg
    A is for Arches

20140830_873_DMC-G3-XL.jpg

Sara, a great opportunity to post the same picture in both challenges, but I like them both anyway clap.gif
    Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,830 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2016
    Thanks, Pieter - I have so many arch pictures that I thought it would be a shame to use the same one twice!
  • Options
    edited April 16, 2016
    Cavalier wrote: »
    C = CAVALIER King Charles Selfie (pretty good for his first try without opposable thumbs)

Wally%20Selfie-X2.jpg

Pretty good for a first selfie... rolleyes1.gif and verrrryyy cute!!!
  • Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,033 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2016
    Thanks Sara - never can resist posting shots of our Cavs - Wally is our only one now.
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2016
    Cavalier wrote: »
    Thanks Sara - never can resist posting shots of our Cavs - Wally is our only one now.

iloveyou.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited April 16, 2016
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2016
    lkbart wrote: »
    Vermilion color
    IMG_3493-S.jpg

Next: Spirals

How nice!
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2016
    travelways wrote: »
    _MG_6297-X2.jpg

Next: Decorative shapes

rolleyes1.gifrofl
    You got a good chuckle out of me!! ...although I think it was more the title in connection with the picture that made me laugh...
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2016
    rolleyes1.gifrofl
    You got a good chuckle out of me!! ...although I think it was more the title in connection with the picture that made me laugh...

You mean the title in my gallery: "Religiously gourmet :)" Ha, ha... rolleyes1.gif

- I had the same reaction as you had when I first saw it in a bar/restaurant in Mexico :)

* Unfortunately, (I don't remember now the reason) I couldn't get it very clear...
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2016
    Cherry shape and color, but not cherries

20110723_814_XZ-1-S.jpg

Very nice clap.gif

What's the "Next" :)
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2016
    Thanks, Tatiana - taken a few years ago on a morning bike ride after the rain.
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2016
    kscooper wrote: »
    original.jpg

Beautiful shot, Eric - I love how this is suspended in mid-air.
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2016
    pegelli wrote: »
    Sandpaper texture

_DSC9993.jpg

Next: Diagonal line(s)

Ok, Pieter, I just have to know - did you just happen to have a picture of sandpaper hanging around or did you run out and take one??? headscratch.gifbowdown.gif

Nice picture, BTW.
  • Options
    pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,777 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2016
    Ok, Pieter, I just have to know - did you just happen to have a picture of sandpaper hanging around or did you run out and take one??? headscratch.gifbowdown.gif

Nice picture, BTW.
    I had it "hanging around", shot for a photo challenge with the theme paper. Thanks for the compliment, but I didn't win any prizes with it :nah
    Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited April 21, 2016
    Tatiana, I think you might need to rethink your subject of 'metal tools' on the perpetual shapes, color, texture or pattern thread. Like be more specific to the given themes. Whether it be the color or texture of a tool or maybe a repeating pattern of several tools or maybe the color of metal or shape of a certain tool. 'Metal tools' is more of a broad item.

Thanks!

It's getting difficult to try and come up with something original, yet having repeats allows for new images never shown to arise for repeated themes.deal.gif
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2016
    JAG wrote: »
    Tatiana, I think you might need to rethink your subject of 'metal tools' on the perpetual shapes, color, texture or pattern thread. Like be more specific to the given themes. Whether it be the color or texture of a tool or maybe a repeating pattern of several tools or maybe the color of metal or shape of a certain tool. 'Metal tools' is more of a broad item.

Thanks!

It's getting difficult to try and come up with something original, yet having repeats allows for new images never shown to arise for repeated themes.deal.gif

My initial request was: Diamond shape or diamond stone - it was perfectly "legal", but nobody replied to it. That's why I thought to bring this shape/texture up.

"Broad"? I was actually afraid it was too specific.

OK, I give up - I don't know what you would like me to post - somebody more skilled and more "English" can take over - I'm out.
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2016
    JAG wrote: »

Thanks!

In addition I don't think that a "challenge" on :metal tools" is something not doable
    ie: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=metal+tools&FORM=HDRSC2

There where subjects much more difficult than this. Why are you blaming me :cry
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2016
    Tatiana, I'm pretty sure Joyce isn't "blaming" you for anything. It's just so... the name of the challenge is "perpetual shapes and colors" (and now seems to include textures as well). A metal tool is an OBJECT, not a shape or a color.

Personally I like the idea of having limits - that's what makes it a challenge and keeps it interesting! I enjoy having to think up a new subtle color or shape or combination thereof - or to look for a picture that meets a certain criterium. If I don't have a picture for everything, that's ok, too - someone else will and so what if it takes a few hours or a day. Sometimes less is more.

Frankly, I saw the "diamond shape or stone" but didn't have time to look for and post something (which I know I have, btw). Patience, patience... :D

Take care, Sara
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2016
    In addition I don't think that a "challenge" on :metal tools" is something not doable ...
    Tatiana, I'm pretty sure Joyce isn't "blaming" you for anything. It's just so... the name of the challenge is "perpetual shapes and colors" (and now seems to include textures as well). A metal tool is an OBJECT, not a shape or a color.
    This challenge has strayed into things before this. I haven't said anything but I've been attempting to stick within the shapes and colors and textures theme. It's quite easy to jump back to "things" based on the last photo posted in the theme.

Tatiana - please don't take Joyce's comment personally, and please stick around!

--- Denise
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited April 21, 2016
    My initial request was: Diamond shape or diamond stone - it was perfectly "legal", but nobody replied to it. That's why I thought to bring this shape/texture up.

"Broad"? I was actually afraid it was too specific.

OK, I give up - I don't know what you would like me to post - somebody more skilled and more "English" can take over - I'm out.
    In addition I don't think that a "challenge" on :metal tools" is something not doable
    ie: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=metal+tools&FORM=HDRSC2

There where subjects much more difficult than this. Why are you blaming me :cry

First off, I'm not blaming you for anything. I never saw your diamond shape or stone, had that had been there when I came in, I definitely would have found something.

Metal tools is more of a subject or item rather than a specific color, shape, texture or pattern ( which the latter, I did add to the instructions per your request, I just haven't changed the title yet as I have to use a computer for changing titles and I keep forgetting to visit here when I am working on my work computer. I am using a tablet mainly when I visit this site).

So I'm a bit perplexed why you would take a simple request of redirecting metal tools into a more specific term to fit the actual challenge as an attack on your ability to speak the English language? I see nothing in my original post that was offensive nor condesending.ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2016
    The "Diamond shape or stone" request was there for almost a whole day and nobody replied. I didn't think I should check first if you were around...

That's why I tried to make it easier. When I said "metal tools" I definitely meant shape and eventually metal texture - I gave the choice. I could have said "Metal tools shape", but I thought it was unnecessary...

Would this for example be better: "Spoon Fishing Lures Spinner shape" ?

I don't know how those tools in my photo are called, or what they are used for other than fishing. What should I have called them?

Anyway, please go ahead with a better subject. Personally I am out of ideas. I go and remove my photo from the challenge.
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2016

Personally I like the idea of having limits - that's what makes it a challenge and keeps it interesting! I enjoy having to think up a new subtle color or shape or combination thereof - or to look for a picture that meets a certain criterium. If I don't have a picture for everything, that's ok, too - someone else will and so what if it takes a few hours or a day. Sometimes less is more.

Take care, Sara
    15524779-Ti.gif!!! Well said Sara... thumb.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2016
    This is cool Denise... I didn't know about this place... It reminds me of the outdoor museum I found near Joshua Tree.
    G is for at the Goldwell Open Air Museum

200912_3833L-S.jpg
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2016
    15524779-Ti.gif!!! Well said Sara... thumb.gif

Are you saying that "chrome" is more specific than "metal tools" ?
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2016
    This is cool Denise... I didn't know about this place... It reminds me of the outdoor museum I found near Joshua Tree.

Wow!!! ... I didn't know about this either (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldwell_Open_Air_Museum) It's definitely a "must" visiting!
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2016
    Wow!!! ... I didn't know about this either (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldwell_Open_Air_Museum) It's definitely a "must" visiting!
    I need to get to the outdoor museum near Joshua Tree - I added it to my "must visit" places when you posted your photos from there.

I don't know how I managed to stumble on Goldwell Open Air Museum. I found it on one of my early photo visits to Death Valley. It's well worth a stop.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2016
    I need to get to the outdoor museum near Joshua Tree - I added it to my "must visit" places when you posted your photos from there.

I don't know how I managed to stumble on Goldwell Open Air Museum. I found it on one of my early photo visits to Death Valley. It's well worth a stop.

--- Denise

I was to the Death Valley only for 1 day and couldn't see everything - I even didn't know about this...
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2016
    Are you talking about Noah Purifoy's Outdoor sculpture Museum (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah_Purifoy)?

MG! Another place to see !!!
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2016
    I was to the Death Valley only for 1 day and couldn't see everything - I even didn't know about this...
    It's not in the park, it's in the ghost town of Rhyolite, NV. It's pretty close to the park boundary but you'd need to know to turn out of the park.

And there is much to be seen in the park - if I only had a day I would stay inside the park (and need to go back again!).

--- Denise