Options

smughack: bulk zoom thumbnail (super deluxe version)

Comments

• Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    Created new gallery, uploaded bunch of small pics, set squares and hit save.
    Bingo, one an a half minutes and it was done.thumb.gif
    Link to test gallery, will delete soon.

Edit: latest wiki code
    If it is working it's working much slower... but I think it is notne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    Created new gallery, uploaded bunch of small pics, set squares and hit save.
    Bingo, one an a half minutes and it was done.thumb.gif
    Link to test gallery, will delete soon.

Edit: latest wiki code
    nope, not working:cry
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2008
    reloaded all code... it workedclap.gifclapclap.gifivar:ivar:ivarwings.gifbarbwings.gif
  • Options
    irondewdropirondewdrop Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited March 8, 2008
    problem with v3.1
    Hello,

I got bzt setup earlier today and had success with it on a gallery with 19 photos. Since then, I'm trying to use the tool on a gallery with 56 photos. It seems that the process just hangs though. It gets stuck on the message: Processing thumbnail 1 of 56. I've waited over 1.5 hours and nothing seems to have happened.

Anyone else experience similar behavior or know of a cure?

Thanks,
    Jacob
  • Options
    GeekyGirlGeekyGirl Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited March 8, 2008
    Still hanging...
    I'm also still hanging. I've replaced all of the code a few times, and I can't get it working again. I feel like I must be missing the obvious somewhere. ne_nau.gif

Forgot the link http://lucasfamily.smugmug.com
  • Options
    bmgbmg Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    Bulk zoom help
    Hello,

I have bulk zoom on my pages and it was working great for a while, then it stopped working and I get this warning from Safari Error: bulk zoom thumbnail requires access to originals. What do I do to fix the problem?ne_nau.gif

bmg
    www.fireflyphotoarts.com
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    bmg wrote:
    Hello,

I have bulk zoom on my pages and it was working great for a while, then it stopped working and I get this warning from Safari Error: bulk zoom thumbnail requires access to originals. What do I do to fix the problem?ne_nau.gif

bmg
    www.fireflyphotoarts.com
    Gallery tools>customize gallery and turn originals on. Then bulk zoom. Then turn your originals off.

Be sure you have the latest version of the code, it's linked in post #1 of this thread.
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 10, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Gallery tools>customize gallery and turn originals on. Then bulk zoom. Then turn your originals off.

Be sure you have the latest version of the code, it's linked in post #1 of this thread.

you're lagged, oriiginals no longer need to be enable/disable for the current version.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    bmgbmg Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    Thanks
    Thank you I put in the lastest version and it is working.thumb.gif

Thanks
    bmg
    www.fireflyphotoarts.com
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    you're lagged, oriiginals no longer need to be enable/disable for the current version.
    Now if you can build in a forced style override to change temporally to allthumbs.:D
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2008
    Woo Hoo!
    Its working for me now. Woo Hoo! wings.gifivar
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2008
    nice...what changed?
    GeekyGirl wrote:
    Its working for me now. Woo Hoo! wings.gifivar

great that it's working for you. what if anything changed? did you grab the code and re-paste it in again?

or maybe the smugmug servers were completely bogged down in bzt ajax calls (from all of our failed attempts) that they quit responding and the servers were finally reset?

just curious...
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    Now if you can build in a forced style override to change temporally to allthumbs.:D

nope that's never going to happen. Enough issues have been caused by the Slideshow hack manipulating cookies.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2008
    great that it's working for you. what if anything changed? did you grab the code and re-paste it in again?

or maybe the smugmug servers were completely bogged down in bzt ajax calls (from all of our failed attempts) that they quit responding and the servers were finally reset?

just curious...

I did re-paste the code for n-th time. I think something else must have happened, and my code-paste timing was just coincidental since I have been trying the copy/paste routine for days. headscratch.gif

I have no idea, though. I wish I could offer a better explanation for you.
  • Options
    JuliaJulia Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    Love the new version! Working great here! :ivar
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2008
    Some debug info...
    I'm still having problems...

I'm running in Firefox 2.0.0.12 on Mac OS X Leopard.

I try saving my bzt changes and I see 15 POSTs. After that I get 15 errors on the Javascript console saying 'postArray is not defined.' What puzzles me is when I look at the code on the page 'postArray' is defined so I can't figure out why Javascript is finding the variable.

Any ideas?

Thanks much.
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2008
    *bump*

Anybody?

I'm still having problems...

I'm running in Firefox 2.0.0.12 on Mac OS X Leopard.

I try saving my bzt changes and I see 15 POSTs. After that I get 15 errors on the Javascript console saying 'postArray is not defined.' What puzzles me is when I look at the code on the page 'postArray' is defined so I can't figure out why Javascript is finding the variable.

Any ideas?

Thanks much.
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2008
    *bump*

Anybody?

So I fixed the BZT issues I was having and here's the catch. If you cut'n'paste the code directly from the wiki it works.

If you click on the Javascript link to the page containing the code-only and cut'n'paste that it won't work.
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2008
    So I fixed the BZT issues I was having and here's the catch. If you cut'n'paste the code directly from the wiki it works.

If you click on the Javascript link to the page containing the code-only and cut'n'paste that it won't work.

hmm... not sure how that happened headscratch.gif

they should be synced now, thanks for the heads up thumb.gif
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2008

That must be why my final copy/paste worked. I'm sorry I didn't catch it, irondewdrop. rolleyes1.gif Glad its finally working for you.
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2008
    GeekyGirl wrote:
    That must be why my final copy/paste worked. I'm sorry I didn't catch it, irondewdrop. rolleyes1.gif Glad its finally working for you.

No worries. This is a great tool and I'm just happy to have it working like everyone else! wings.gif
  • Options
    machlinimagingmachlinimaging Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    I like the new square thumbs feature, but it is too slow to work picture by picture. I end up having to fix all the thumbnails that cut a person's head off, which takes awhile. I have a question about this hack. If I were to use it on a group of thumbnails, and then remove all the code, would this make the thumbs revert back to their original size/shape, or would they be fine?
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2008
    I like the new square thumbs feature, but it is too slow to work picture by picture. I end up having to fix all the thumbnails that cut a person's head off, which takes awhile. I have a question about this hack. If I were to use it on a group of thumbnails, and then remove all the code, would this make the thumbs revert back to their original size/shape, or would they be fine?
    They'd be fine. The thumb is zoomed in the SM system after using the BZT hack. But why would you go thru the trouble of adding all the code just to remove it? It won't hurt anything by leaving it in for the occasion you might need it...
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2008
    They'd be fine. The thumb is zoomed in the SM system after using the BZT hack. But why would you go thru the trouble of adding all the code just to remove it? It won't hurt anything by leaving it in for the occasion you might need it...

Thanks. I'm not planning on removing it, but just wanted to make sure it'd be fine, in case I accidentally remove some of the code.:D
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2008
    It's not working!
    I've attempted to use the bzt hack on 5 different galleries. Every time, it froze at "processing 1 out of ___". I set the gallery style to custom (not smugmug), enabled originals, tryed it using both all thumbs and smugmug style, and reentered the code twice, trying the javascript in both the header and the footer sections. If I let the hack sit, frozen, for a while, and refreshed the page, a few thumbs had been changed, but that took about half an hour (for only 5 thumbnails). Could someone please look at the code I pasted, to make sure everything is correct, before I resort back to working on one thumbnail at a time:cry

bowdown.gif Please Help Me!

Thanks,
    Michael
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2008
    ...took about half an hour (for only 5 thumbnails)..
    Oops, takes about a half an hour plus one minute. Sometimes shorter and
    somtimes longer. Just leave it and browse in another tab or window. They
    should eventually finish. In the new version you can leave originals off.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2008
    Did you click on the link to the javascript and paste the code from the page with javascript only?

If so, try pasting the javascript code directly from the wiki page. I had similar problems.

I've attempted to use the bzt hack on 5 different galleries. Every time, it froze at "processing 1 out of ___". I set the gallery style to custom (not smugmug), enabled originals, tryed it using both all thumbs and smugmug style, and reentered the code twice, trying the javascript in both the header and the footer sections. If I let the hack sit, frozen, for a while, and refreshed the page, a few thumbs had been changed, but that took about half an hour (for only 5 thumbnails). Could someone please look at the code I pasted, to make sure everything is correct, before I resort back to working on one thumbnail at a time:cry

bowdown.gif Please Help Me!

Thanks,
    Michael
  • Options
    PhotoMarkusPhotoMarkus Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    This seems to be the ultimate solution until Smugmug implements this functionality.

However, it does not work for me. I pasted the latest code and gave it a try. All it does when I click the "bzt" box is that it loads a crop preferences box on the left but nothing else happens.

Anyone any hints of whether the latest version still works with the current SmugMug version ? Is this code still maintained ?

Here's my site: markusbrosch.smugmug.com
    The smallest gallery with only 1 image for testing is at: markusbrosch.smugmug.com/gallery/4946894_pVb8i#295913126_8Bu4m

I hope someone can help :)
    Best regards,
    Markus
  • Options
    Ryan ArmbrustRyan Armbrust Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    This seems to be the ultimate solution until Smugmug implements this functionality.

However, it does not work for me. I pasted the latest code and gave it a try. All it does when I click the "bzt" box is that it loads a crop preferences box on the left but nothing else happens.

Anyone any hints of whether the latest version still works with the current SmugMug version ? Is this code still maintained ?

Here's my site: markusbrosch.smugmug.com
    The smallest gallery with only 1 image for testing is at: markusbrosch.smugmug.com/gallery/4946894_pVb8i#295913126_8Bu4m

I hope someone can help :)
    Best regards,
    Markus

There must be a glitch with the BZT, mine has worked great for a year or so. Last night I went to add a new gallery and use the BZT, same thing happened as what the previous poster explained.
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2008
    There must be a glitch with the BZT, mine has worked great for a year or so. Last night I went to add a new gallery and use the BZT, same thing happened as what the previous poster explained.

Same problem here... HELP!!!!
This discussion has been closed.