Options

smughack: bulk zoom thumbnail (super deluxe version)

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 3, 2006
    jrglass wrote:
    Header/footer code from post #40.

JR,

please use the header/footer code from the first post.

That will fix your problem.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    jrglassjrglass Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited April 3, 2006
    Header/footer code from 1st page
    David,

The box that opens when I click on the 1st page header/footer link appears to be empty. Is this because I am using IE as a browser?

Could someone copy/paste the latest header/footer code here so I can get access to it?

Thanks to all!:):
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2006
    jrglass wrote:
    David,

The box that opens when I click on the 1st page header/footer link appears to be empty. Is this because I am using IE as a browser?

Could someone copy/paste the latest header/footer code here so I can get access to it?

Thanks to all!:):
    FF rulez! make sure to remove all the stars
    <**table id="bulkzoom_toolbox" cellspacing="10" border="0" cellpadding="0" class="toolbox" style="display:none">
      <**tr align="center" valign="middle">
        <**td align="center" valign="middle"><**strong class="headmd black">bulk zoom<**br/>thumbnails<**/strong><**/td>
      <**/tr>
      <**tr align="center">
        <**td align="center" valign="middle"><**input id="bulkSave" type="submit" value="save changes"  class="buttons" onclick="zoomThumbnails();"/><**/td>
      <**/tr>       
        <**td align="center" valign="middle">
          <**strong class="black">ratio:<**/strong><**br />
          <**select name="ratio" onChange="changeRatioBulk(this.value);">                                
            <**option value="0,0" selected="selected">none<**/option>
            <**option value="1,1">1 x 1<**/option>                                
            <**option value=".6,1.67">3 x 5<**/option> 
            <**option value=".67,1.5">4 x 6<**/option>
            <**option value=".72,1.4">5 x 7<**/option>                    
            <**option value=".8,1.25">8 x 10<**/option>
            <**option value=".56,1.78">9 x 16<**/option>
          <**/select>
          <**div id="customRatio" style="display: none;">
            <**input type="text" name="ratioH" value="1" maxlength="4" size="2" onblur="changeRatio('custom');" />h
            <**strong class="black"> x <**/strong>
            <**input type="text" name="ratioW" value="1" maxlength="4" size="2" onblur="changeRatio('custom');" />w
          <**/div>
        <**/td>
      <**/tr>
        <**td align="center" valign="middle"><**input type="button" value="rotate crop" onclick="rotateBulk();"  class="buttons" /><**/td>
      <**/tr>
      <**noscript>
      <**tr align="center" valign="top">
        <**td align="center" valign="middle">
          <**strong class="red">You must enable javascript in order to use this tool.<**/strong>
        <**/td>
      <**/tr>        
      <**/noscript>
    <**/table>

• Options
    jrglassjrglass Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited April 3, 2006
    Making some headway!
    Thanks for the code!!!

I have loaded it in my footer and I now have the bulk zoom checkbox available. However, I seem to be having some of the issues I have read about from others. I now have 2 bulk zoom checkboxes showing up. I guess I will re-read some of the earlier post to see if I can figure that out. The gallery that I was trying to "bulk zoom" had originals checked as available and was unprotected. When I check the left "bulk zoom" checkbox, I got an error message that it had to have access to originals. When I check the right box, it seems to reset/refresh and then nothing.

Could the error I keep getting concerning "access to originals" be related to me using IE as my browser? Others without IE seem to have this working.

With the number of photos I have on my site, I NEED this feature.

I do appreciate everyone's time and help!

**Update**
    I moved the necessary code from Java to the Footer in order to get the "bulk zoom" feature to only show up once. That worked fine and I now only get 1 bulk zoom checkbox. I am still getting the "access to originals" error ("" are empty in error) when I attempt to "bulk zoom." As stated above, the gallery is unprotected and originals are available.
  • Options
    spider-tspider-t Registered Users Posts: 443 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    for thoses having problems with smugmug view. Grab the latest CSS code from the first thread.

The problem you are experiencing is that the save box is behind the first image.

Cheers,

David

Hi David,

Thanks for all your efforts!!

I have the latest code from the first thread and I have these two issues:

- 2 bulk zoom thumbnail checkboxes (left one works, right one just causes screen to blink)
    - save box hidden for smugmug view galleries (but traditional works fine, so I'm happy now)

I'm on Windows using Firefox v1.5.0.1.

cheers!
    Trish
  • Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    JR,

please use the header/footer code from the first post.

That will fix your problem.

Cheers,

David
    Dev, any chance that you have looked into my issues w/ the BZT? It's fine if you have not. I have a way to work around it for now...just checking back.
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2006
    Update...the work around...does not always work. More info for debugging, maybe. I was moving the files from one gallery (that would not BZT) to a brand new, never protected one, that was working with BZT.
    In the process it seemed that the BZT would only work w/ a limted number of files at once. Then my work around stopped working. Seems that on some gallery files, no matter how many I moved, the BZT would not work. Same old error...ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited April 9, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    anthony, do you have multiple instances of the isClass function in your javascript?
    Any chance someone could look at my customizations to see what's keeping the BZT from working. My last posts give info on what's been going on. Now the BZT seems to not be woking at all.
    If you need more info let me know. Also I know Andy can get in to my site and could try things if needed....
    This the gallery I tried using for upload and BZT since many of the others were not working (then this one stopped working???)
    http://brandolinoimaging.smugmug.com/gallery/1265279
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2006
    BZT stopped working for me
    Last week, it worked just fine, and I BZTed all my galleries. Today, it's giving me the ol' "Needs access to the originals". Only problem is, the originals are available as you can see in this screen capture.

Also, just to trouble check, I updated everything to the code on the first page (deleting the old code, of course)-- still won't work. I love BZT so any help would be greatly appreciated (the zoom thumbnail individually method works still). I get the error messages in both smugmug and traditional view. And I've tried it on both a Mac - Camino and PC - Mozilla (it worked on these before too).
    58466181.jpg

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    edited April 10, 2006
    dogwood wrote:
    Last week, it worked just fine, and I BZTed all my galleries. Today, it's giving me the ol' "Needs access to the originals". Only problem is, the originals are available as you can see in this screen capture.

Also, just to trouble check, I updated everything to the code on the first page (deleting the old code, of course)-- still won't work. I love BZT so any help would be greatly appreciated (the zoom thumbnail individually method works still). I get the error messages in both smugmug and traditional view. And I've tried it on both a Mac - Camino and PC - Mozilla (it worked on these before too).

ok...here's the deal, I can't reproduce this problem. I have tried heaps of times, but can't. To fix this problem, I am going to need access to someone's smugmug account who is experiencing this problem.

If you are experiencing this problem and are happy to change your password for a few days to give me access, please PM me.

Thanks,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2006
    Dogw...are you running a slide show too? I'm trying to figure out if that's my problem...
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2006
    nope
    No slide show. I'll tell ya' though... it sure rocked my world when BZT worked! Luckily, I was able to get all my galleries done. Now it's just the new ones.
    Dogw...are you running a slide show too? I'm trying to figure out if that's my problem...

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2006
    Mine has stopped working, not sure if it's the same problems...no BZT button in All Thumbs, in smugmug it starts to load, then just hangs...I have no idea if it's JS that I've added to do other things (I may have broken it), but if it helps, devbobo, you're welcome to nose around in my site. I haven't exhausted all the troubleshooting possibilities myself yet, though, I do have to say...
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2006
    my site
    David:

Just PMed you. It's weird 'cause this all worked fine last week. And I don't have much JS at all.

• Options
    edited April 10, 2006
    Thanks for the quick reply guys, I have two accounts I will be testing.

Can Anthony and Pete,

please PM me the galleries which aren't working.

Thanks,

david
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2006
    Yo Andy...is your BZT working? Yours seemed to work when the others did not...experiencing issues?
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2006
    K, so I don't know what to do.

I have made changes to my CSS and JS (well, Ivar gave me the code, it's not like I just made some up!) since putting BZT in, and it's stopped working.

So I went back and re-copied/pasted all the code, to make sure that it's fresh and tasty, and it's still b0rked.

I no longer have the 2 BZT check boxes (you know, the bug-thing), and I've also noticed that in all-thumbs it looks like this:

63893574-L.jpg

and when I activate it in one of the other styles, it gets hung up here:

63893547-L.jpg
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2006
    Updated version (grab the javascript from the first post)....should fix the problems that popped up after the latest SM release.

Anthony and Pete,

Thanks for your assistance, the scripts are up to date in both of your accounts. thumb.gif

Anthony,

I didn't have any problems using the BZT on your password protected galleries, the only problem was on one gallery originals wasn't enabled. Let me know if you are still having problems.

Ryan,

Are you still wathcing this thread ? If so, can you please give this version a go...and let me know if it works. ne_nau.gif

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    Updated version (grab the javascript from the first post)....should fix the problems that popped up after the latest SM release.

Anthony and Pete,

Thanks for your assistance, the scripts are up to date in both of your accounts. thumb.gif

Anthony,

I didn't have any problems using the BZT on your password protected galleries, the only problem was on one gallery originals wasn't enabled. Let me know if you are still having problems.

Ryan,

Are you still wathcing this thread ? If so, can you please give this version a go...and let me know if it works. ne_nau.gif

Cheers,

David

Devo, are you saying you did not find an issue with my account or that you fixed it? If it's the former...oh crap....if the latter...Thanks tons...:D
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2006
    Devo, are you saying you did not find an issue with my account or that you fixed it? If it's the former...oh crap....if the latter...Thanks tons...:D

lol3.giflol3 Fixed the problem, but couldn't reproduce the password-protected issue once I had fixed the other problem
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2006
    I copied/pasted the JS for 2.4 and it now works in smugmug style, but I still have the problem in all thumbs that I posted the screenshot of above.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    lol3.giflol3 Fixed the problem, but couldn't reproduce the password-protected issue once I had fixed the other problem
    Thanks you. One more question then I'll stop. Was it a problem in MY code (customization) or just a tweek to your hack that was needed? I just want to know in case I made a goof that caused the issue.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2006
    Works great, David. Thanks for the update.
    53333632-L.gif
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2006
    One more question then I'll stop.

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2006
    Thanks you. One more question then I'll stop. Was it a problem in MY code (customization) or just a tweek to your hack that was needed? I just want to know in case I made a goof that caused the issue.

No it was bug introduced by SM latest release
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    STOP, or I'll be forced to ask more questions.....rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    No it was bug introduced by SM latest release

Sure, blame Onethumb and JT when your hack b0rks lol3.gif
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2006
    whatever you did to it, it is working fine on this side, thanks so much!
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2006
    thank you
    devbobo wrote:

David

David:

Wow-- thank you very much. It's fantastic that you jumped in and helped out from half-way around the world. Glad to see the problem was tied to the SM update. Once I figured it out, BZT is really fantastic. Any chance smugmug will start supporting it? With all due respect, Andy and crew, BZT is a lot more useful to me than gradients or even popular photos!

• Options
    edited April 11, 2006
    dogwood wrote:
    Glad to see the problem was tied to the SM update.

Pete, this is a HACK. Hacks have to be upgraded after any changes to systems.
This discussion has been closed.