Options

smughack: bulk zoom thumbnail (super deluxe version)

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 27, 2006
    updated the code - works great! Even if you forget to allow access to originals (I tested it), it doesn't kill it completely, just clicked away the error box, fixed my gallery settings, and then re-ran it!
    clap.gif

thanks again! great stuff!!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    OakleyOakley Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    Update, new version 2.3

Fixed the problem experienced by several users, getting the "requires access to originals" error when galleries had image protection enabled.

OK, I think I might be the only one remaining who's not able to get the BTZ to work.

Just a question - is everyone only updating the Javascript code, correct? The CSS and footer code is the same....

Thanks
    Ryan Oakley - www.ryanoakleyphotography.ca [My smugmug site]
    www.photographyontheside.com [My blog about creating a part-time photography business]
    Create A Gorgeous Photography Website with Smugmug in 90 Minutes [My free course if you need help setting up and customizing your SmugMug site]
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2006
    Oakley wrote:
    OK, I think I might be the only one remaining who's not able to get the BTZ to work.

Just a question - is everyone only updating the Javascript code, correct? The CSS and footer code is the same....

Thanks
    start by removing
    function isClass(sClass) {

sClassName = document.body.className;
      re = new RegExp(sClass + "( |$)") 

if (!sClassName)
        return false;

return re.test(sClassName);
    }

from your javascript. You have it in there twice, one above the BZT code, and one time at the end. The first time probably remaining from a previous copy. Remove the first one, and see what happens.

And yeah, only the JAVAscript was updated.
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    start by removing

re = new RegExp(sClass + "( |$)") 

if (!sClassName)
        return false;

return re.test(sClassName);
    }

from your javascript. You have it in there twice, one above the BZT code, and one time at the end. The first time probably remaining from a previous copy. Remove the first one, and see what happens.

And yeah, only the JAVAscript was updated.

Thanks ivar. Made those changes, but I'm still having problems.
    www.photographyontheside.com [My blog about creating a part-time photography business]
    Create A Gorgeous Photography Website with Smugmug in 90 Minutes [My free course if you need help setting up and customizing your SmugMug site]
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2006
    Oakley wrote:
    Thanks ivar. Made those changes, but I'm still having problems.
    What problems? what is or isn't it doing?
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2006
    ivar wrote:

Well - in my "Public" gallery the BTZ is loading up, but the tool box is hiding behind one of my photos - so I can't use it.

In my "Private" galleries - the specific gallery I've been working on is "Home Reno's" which I've turned off my password protection...
    I'm still getting the "Access to Originals Error". With this error, I'm getting qoutation marks like "" "" "" with no numbers in them.

And yes, I have access to Originals turned on.

If you can think of anything that might help, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
  • Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    I get the same error as Oakley in the galleries that HAD a private setting and a password. Even after making them public and removing the password and protection.

Also had to move this code:
    <script>addEvent(window, "load", addBulkThumbnail);</script>addEvent(window, "load", addBulkThumbnail);

<script>addEvent(window, "load", addBulkThumbnail);</script>

to footer again or I get two BZT check boxes....

Now today niether the new OR old version of BZT will work. I tried the newest version, then reverted back to the old and still get the "originals" error with "" "" "" ""

if you look at my galleries you can see it worked over this past weekend...Now NO GO.
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 28, 2006
    The following Gallery customisation combinations have been tested and are working correctly (for me) under both IE6 and FF on WinXP...

- Private
    - Private and Image-Protected
    - Private and Password-Protected
    - Private and Watermarking
    - Private, Image-Protected and Password-Protected

- Public
    - Public and Image-Protected
    - Public and Password-Protected
    - Public and Watermarking
    - Public, Image-Protected and Password-Protected

please post any combinations that might not be working and I will test.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    The following Gallery customisation combinations have been tested and are working correctly (for me) under both IE6 and FF on WinXP...

- Private
    - Private and Image-Protected
    - Private and Password-Protected
    - Private and Watermarking
    - Private, Image-Protected and Password-Protected

- Public
    - Public and Image-Protected
    - Public and Password-Protected
    - Public and Watermarking
    - Public, Image-Protected and Password-Protected

please post any combinations that might not be working and I will test.
    First I had trouble w/ all galleries. Then over the weekend most worked fine. Yesturday none worked.
    I tried public, no password and No protection. I figured these should be the least "offensive" as with the old code. Tried new code, not dice. Reverted back to old code(that woked over the weekend). No Dice.
    I must have a conflict w/ my other code.
    Do you know of any of the other hacks that cause a conflict?
    I seem to have many of the the same hacks as Andy and his site works fine.
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 28, 2006
    First I had trouble w/ all galleries. Then over the weekend most worked fine. Yesturday none worked.
    I tried public, no password and No protection. I figured these should be the least "offensive" as with the old code. Tried new code, not dice. Reverted back to old code(that woked over the weekend). No Dice.
    I must have a conflict w/ my other code.
    Do you know of any of the other hacks that cause a conflict?
    I seem to have many of the the same hacks as Andy and his site works fine.

anthony, do you have multiple instances of the isClass function in your javascript?
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    anthony, do you have multiple instances of the isClass function in your javascript?
    Both the bulkzoomhack and the "Journal inline size control script" have that function. Brando's got both.
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    Both the bulkzoomhack and the "Journal inline size control script" have that function. Brando's got both.
    I planned on removing the "journal Size" (that's the one that controls the thumb size in the jornal galleries right) control to see if it helped. But doesn't Andy have both on his site? And his works. Right?
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2006
    ivar wrote:

I think the isclass function is used in the slide show also...ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:

OK, I removed "Journal inline size control script."
    And some extra not needed code.
    That got me back to square one.
    Here's the situation then...
    1. BZT works in some galleries and not in others.
    2. ALL the galleries in MY Portfolio Category WILL NOT work w/ BZT but will zoom individually.
    3. Galleries in the OBD locked and private gallery were unlocked and made public, also made protection was turned off (as it was in all galleries when I tried the BZT)...no go
    4. The "load" shows up in the upper left corner, then I get the "originals" error w/ "" "" "" ""

Hope someone can help when they have a minute. I can only assume that there is other code that is conflicting...
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2006
    2. ALL the galleries in MY Portfolio Category WILL NOT work w/ BZT but will zoom individually.
    3. Galleries in the OBD locked and private gallery were unlocked and made public, also made protection was turned off (as it was in all galleries when I tried the BZT)...no go

Anthony,

Can you please give me the details of which customisation settings you have for the galleries in #2 and #3.

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 29, 2006
    OK, I removed "Journal inline size control script."
    And some extra not needed code... Hope someone can help when they have a minute. I can only assume that there is other code that is conflicting...

3 posts and you never once answered my question. rolleyes1.gif
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    function addBulkThumbnail()
    {
      if (isClass("galleryPage"))
      {
        if ((isClass("traditional")) || (isClass("allthumbs")) ||  (isClass("smugmug_small")) ||  (isClass("smugmug")))
        {
          if (isClass("loggedIn"))
          {

if (isClass("loggedIn"))
          document.getElementById("bulkSave").disabled = false;

These are where "isClass" shows up in my java.
    I think this is all part of the BZT

This is in the footer for the slide show code:
    if (isClass("homepage")) 
    { /*== slideshow parms specific to homepage slideshow ==*/
      slideshowAlbumId = "1139728"; //album to use for slideshow photos
      FirstSlideUrl = "http://brandolinoimaging.smugmug.com/photos/53112687-L.jpg";
      slideHeight = "333"; //visible height of slide
      slideWidth = "400";  //visible width of slide
      photoHeight = "333"; //actual photo height
      photoWidth = "400"; //actual photo width 
    }

else if (isClass("gallery_1091885") && isClass("galleryPage"))

I removed the code of the "Journal inline size control script".
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2006
    62061808-L.jpg

that one is from a portfolio gallery.
    the next is from a passworded gallery. ( removed the password and tried too. No good.

62061837-L.jpg
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    Does anyone else have problems with thumbs that are messed up? Or images that you just can't zoom at all?

EDIT: I have two thumbs so far that are corrupted. Both types of problems I've gone back in and zoomed the thumb through the regular smug menu, not using the hack. No good. Even tried making a second copy and zooming that one. I guess next I'll reupload or somethin'.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    jrglassjrglass Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited March 30, 2006
    Installed BZT and nothing shows up
    I have used several custom jobs from this site and they have been great. Today I tried to install the bulk zoom by copying:
    CSS code from link in 1st post into my CSS
    Java code from link in 1st post into my Java
    Header/footer code from post #40. I got a blank page when I clicked on the link in the 1st post.

After installing the code I went to my galleries to do some resizing with the new tool and - No Tool. It is like I did not install the code at all. I see no changes, especially no bulkzoom tool. Any suggestions?

My site is: www.jrglassphotography.com

Thanks for looking!:):
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2006
    Hi jr,

sorry I'm at work now...and will be away for the weekend. I will have a look when I get back.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    jrglassjrglass Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited March 30, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    Hi jr,

sorry I'm at work now...and will be away for the weekend. I will have a look when I get back.

Cheers,

David

When you get time. Thanks David!
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2006
    BZT- what does it do?
    Okay, I'm the first to admit I don't understand much of this customizing-- but the BZT confuses me even more than usual.

What does it do? I've read this thread, looked at examples, and still scratch my head in confusion.

Is BZT what I want if I want the square thumbs that many of you have on your pages? Or is it for when someone clicks on a thumb?

Pardon my ignorance-- and thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    edited March 31, 2006
    dogwood wrote:
    Okay, I'm the first to admit I don't understand much of this customizing-- but the BZT confuses me even more than usual.

What does it do? I've read this thread, looked at examples, and still scratch my head in confusion.

Is BZT what I want if I want the square thumbs that many of you have on your pages? Or is it for when someone clicks on a thumb?

Pardon my ignorance-- and thank you for sharing your knowledge.

It's only available to you when signed in, and it requires Originals to be on. Then you can zoom all the thumbs on a page. It's a huge timesaver.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2006
    one more quick question
    So it's basically for editing/arranging images when you are logged in? And has nothing to do with how visitors see a smugmug site? In other words, what's the purpose? Sorry-- guess that's three questions. But I'm quite curious because there seems to be a lot of interest/appreciation here for BZT and I'm sure I'm missing something.

• Options
    edited March 31, 2006
    dogwood wrote:
    So it's basically for editing/arranging images when you are logged in? And has nothing to do with how visitors see a smugmug site? In other words, what's the purpose? Sorry-- guess that's three questions. But I'm quite curious because there seems to be a lot of interest/appreciation here for BZT and I'm sure I'm missing something.

It allows you to zoom your thumbs. Your visitors will see your thumbs as you've saved them via BZT. It doesn't edit or arrange your images, only your thumbnails. The purpose is to not have to zoom thumbnails one by one by one by....
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2006
    thank you
    DavidTO wrote:
    It allows you to zoom your thumbs. Your visitors will see your thumbs as you've saved them via BZT. It doesn't edit or arrange your images, only your thumbnails. The purpose is to not have to zoom thumbnails one by one by one by....

I appreciate your answers. I'm amazed at how much knowledge and how much code some of you folks are able to develop to compliment smugmug features. And how willing you are to lend a hand to a confused newbie like me. Thank you.

• Options
    edited April 2, 2006
    not working in smugmug view for me
    But it works fine in traditional view. So I can live with that.

In smugmug view, I get a "bulk zoom thumbnail" and check box, but when I check the box, nothing happens. In traditional view, I click the box, the ratio option comes up, etc, and it works great.

Just posting this in case you're curious. I'm using Mozilla 1.7.12.

Thank you for the code and thank you everyone for your patience in helping me figure this out. This is a VERY useful tool now that I understand it!

• Options
    spider-tspider-t Registered Users Posts: 443 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2006
    Can I force a square ratio?
    I'm a late-comer to this thread.

I spend too much time hitting the "New Stuff" button when I read. I forget this whole section doesn't come up with I do that.

This looks like a cool feature. Is there a way to force a square ratio to the bulk resizing? I only ever resize to make square thumbnails.

I pasted the code in to my site and tried it on this gallery. I can zoom the thumbnails, but I can't find the button to save them.
    http://trishtunney.smugmug.com/gallery/63592

Also, I have 2 bulk zoom "thumbnail check boxes" under my image. It's a smugmug format gallery. Seems like the first checkbox is the only one that does anything.

Thanks!
    Trish
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2006
    for thoses having problems with smugmug view. Grab the latest CSS code from the first thread.

The problem you are experiencing is that the save box is behind the first image.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
This discussion has been closed.